- » Irish Stew
Irish Stew Recipes
Irish stew is the traditional stew of Ireland, whose typical ingredients include lamb or mutton apart from carrots, onions, potatoes and parsley. When the stew is prepared in a traditional manner, the stew bears a ... More »
St. Patrick's Day - Lamb Stew With Colcannon
Planning for St.Patrick's Day dinner? Here, the chef is making something special for this occasion. Lamb stew with colcannon is hearty, rich and unbelievably delicious. - 123.46
Thick And Meaty Irish Stew
On the lookout for a meaty and yummy stew that you can surprise your guests with? Then you must watch this video and learn to make an Irish stew so tasty that your guests wouldn't want to leave! - 86.6021
1. In a saucepan combine lamb, onion, bay leaf, salt, pepper and 4 cups water; bring the mixture to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
3. Stir in potatoes, turnip, green beans, parsley, basil, and oregano.
4. Cover and cook for... - 47.9351
Gangbang Irish Stew
Four hours before cooking, sprinkle meat with 1 cup wine and store in refrigerator.
Turn meat several times.
Reserve wine marinade.
Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
Brown meat in hot butter.
Remove to deep heavy saucepan.
Cook onion in fat... - 46.2153
1) In a paper bag, put the cubed lamb and flour.
2) Shake well to coat the meat with the flour.
3) In a large heavy skillet or soup kettle, melt the butter or margarine.
4) To the hot oil, add the chopped onion and mushrooms.
5) Saute... - 46.2013
Into a 4-quart casserole, arrange lamb, carrots and potatoes forming 3 separate layers.
In a bowl combine 2 cups hot water, soup mix and bay leaf.
Stir together until well blended.
Pour mixture over potatoes.
Cover with lid.
Cook on HIGH 10 minutes and on LOW... - 44.6785
Easy Irish Stew
1) In a casserole dish, combine lamb, hot water, carrots, potatoes, onion mushroom mix and bay leaf. Mix well.
2) Cover the dish and cook on high power for 10 to 12 minutes.
3) Cook covered again on medium power for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until lamb and... - 44.301
Ye New Irish Stew
In a 3-quart casserole stir together the lamb, onion, bouillon granules, thyme, basil, 1 3/4 , cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Add bay leaf.
Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power (HIGH) 7 to 8 minutes or till bubbly; stir.
Reduce power to 50%... - 44.1873
Irish Stew has a fine taste. Irish Stew gets its taste from mutton mixed with vegetable and bacon, flavored with pepper. Irish Stew is inspired by many food chains all over the world. - 43.5199
Classic Irish Stew
1. Set out a large kettle or Dutch oven having a tight-fitting cover.
2. Have boneless lamb (shoulder) ready.
3. Cut meat into 2-in. pieces. To coat meat evenly, shake two or three pieces at a time in a plastic bag containing a mixture of flour, salt and... - 43.4386
In Dutch oven, brown lamb in hot oil.
Drain off excess fat.
Season with 2 teaspoons salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Dissolve bouillon cubes in 4 cups hot water; pour over meat.
Bring just to boiling.
Cover; simmer 1 1/2 hours or till meat is almost tender.
Add... - 43.2658
Boneless Lamb Irish Stew
In 4-quart casserole, arrange lamb, carrots and potatoes, forming three separate layers.
In small bowl combine 2 cups hot water, soup mix and bay leaf; stir together until well blended.
Pour mixture over potatoes.
Cover dish with casserole lid.
TO HEAT BY... - 42.4277
1. Wash and clean the meat; cut it into suitable sized pieces.
2. Using a knife, remove the onion peels. Divide the potatoes into 2 equal portions. Slice both thinly.
3. Fill a large saucepan with cold water in a way that it is only 1/2... - 41.9016
1.Clean the meat.
2.Wash the onions and cut them in five rings.
3.Cut potato in half and make thick slices.
4.Take a saucepan, arrange alternate layers of meat and vegetables into it.
5.Add a sprinkling of salt and pepper to... - 41.1627
Trim fat from lamb; cut lamb into 1-inch pieces.
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven stir together the lamb, the 2 1/2 cups water, bouillon granules, pepper, and bay leaf.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Pour the mixture into a... - 41.1036
Everyday Irish Stew
1) Cut the meat into neat pieces.
2) Cut 1 or 2 new potatoes in halves, or old potatoes into slices. Slice the onions.
3) Take a pan and add meat, half of the potato and onions along with the water and seasoning.
4) Bring to boil and... - 40.9534
Make Easy Irish Stew
1. In a kettle or Dutch oven, mix together lamb, salt, bay leaves and water.
2. Cover the pan and simmer it for 1 hour or until meat separates from the bones.
3. Lift out meat with a slotted spoon and let cool until easy to handle.
4. After that,... - 40.4144
Irish Mutton Stew
Irish Stew has a very fine taste. The mixture of cornflour with milk and sugar gives the Irish Stew a royal taste. - 39.9879
Healthy Irish Stew
Yummy Irish Stew Style is a delicious dish that you simply don€™t want to miss. I prepare Irish Stew using this recipe for my weekend family dinners. This dish is one of the reasons why my cooking is popular with my family! Try making the Irish Stew for... - 39.2118
A Modern Irish Stew
Cut the bacon into strips and cook in a frying-pan until the fat is running.
Fry the celery and a third of the onions in a frying-pan until brown, then remove.
Trim off as much fat as possible from the lamb and brown on both sides in the frying-pan.
If you... - 38.8446
Lamb Irish Stew
Irish Stew has a Fine taste. The lamb and potatoes gives the Irish Stew Invigorating taste. Must catch it - 38.6638
Seitan Irish Stew
Seitan Irish Stew is a lighter stew which has a great taste associated with it. I love the ingredients of this Seitan Irish Stew recipe which sounds wonderful. Prepare it! - 38.1978
Wholesome Irish Stew
Combine flour, salt and pepper in flat dish.
Coat meat in seasoned flour.
Place butter in 2-quart glass casserole with coated meat.
Microwave on medium for 10 minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except cornstarch and water.
Blend cornstarch with... - 38.0414
Ireland has so many wonderful tastes to please the palate. Of all of those great culinary delights,Irish Stew would have to be a favorite. - 37.3959
Neck Of Lamb Irish Stew
Place some sliced onion in a casserole, with the lamb on top.
Sprinkle with herbs, if desired, season well.
Add remaining onions and sliced potatoes mixed, season well, pour in stock.
Place in the oven, covered, for 1 1/4 hours.
Uncover for remaining 15... - 37.3456
Trim fat from lamb; cut lamb into 1-inch cubes.
Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch slices.
Layer half each of the lamb, potatoes and onions in Dutch oven; sprinkle with half each of the salt and pepper.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and... - 36.1703
1) In a slow cooker, place all the ingredients together, stir to mix well.
2) Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
3) Serve immediately in individual serving bowls.
For a thicker sauce, blend 1/4 cup quick... - 36.0645
Lamb Or Irish Stew
1. Wipe the lamb with a clean, damp cloth. Cut in 1-inch or 2-inch squares.
2. Put into a large kettle with the boiling water and onions. Cover and simmer 1 hour.
3. Add the turnip, carrots, potatoes, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 40 minutes longer.... - 35.9648
Cut the meat into fairly large pieces and see that the fat, bone etc. is trimmed off.
Peel and slice the potatoes and onions.
Put a layer of potatoes in a pan, then herbs, then sliced meat and finally onion.
Season each layer well and repeat this once more,... - 35.9236
Irish Lamb Stew
In 4-quart casserole, arrange lamb, carrots and potatoes forming three separate layers.
In bowl, combine 2 cups hot water, soup mix and bay leaf.
Stir together until well blended.
Pour mixture over potatoes.
Cover with lid.
TO COOK BY INSTA-MATIC: Cook on... - 35.7176
1. Wash and cut meat into neat pieces.
2. Peel and slice onions.
3. Peel and cut potatoes into large pieces.
4. Put meat, onions, seasoning and quarter of the potatoes thinly sliced into a pan and add water or stock.
5. Cook till meat is three-fourths... - 35.349
Beef Irish Stew
Place beef cubes in 3-quart microproof casserole or baking dish.
Sprinkle with salt.
Stir together gravy mix and water.
Pour over meat.
Cook, covered, on 70 (roast) 50 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
Add vegetables and mix to cover with gravy.
Cook,... - 34.9362
Trim chops and coat with flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
Place a layer of sliced onions in base of an ovenproof casserole then cover with half the chops.
Repeat layers, finishing with a layer of onions.
Add cold water to just cover meat and onions.
Place... - 34.6921
Irish Stew Dumplings
1.In a kettle, sift dry ingredients together
2.Now cut in fat and add milk to make a drop batter
3.Drop by spoonfuls over top of stew
4.Cover kettle and let dumplings steam 15 minutes without lifting cover
5.Make sure the stew should be kept... - 34.4873
One Pot Irish Stew
1. Cube the meat or cut it into serving-size pieces.
2. Peel and slice potatoes.
3. Place a layer of potatoes in the bottom of a large 6 1/2-pint kettle.
4. Add a layer of some lamb pieces and onion slices. Repeat layers until all the ingredients are used,... - 34.0476
Potato And Meat Irish Stew
Cut the meat into neat cutlets and trim off the surplus fat.
Arrange in a saucepan layers of the meat, thinly-sliced onions, seasoning and half the potatoes cut In slices.
Add stock or water just to cover and simmer gently for about 1 1/2 hr.
Add the rest of... - 33.4362
Cut mutton in inch cubes, add cold water to cover, measuring it, and bring to a boil.
Add potatoes cut in eighths, carrots cut in strips, small whole onions, the turnip cubed, parsley, salt, pepper, sugar, and dark caramel.
Cover closely and simmer slowly for... - 33.3222
Peel the potatoes and slice them thinly.
Put a layer at the bottom of a deep stew pan.
Now put a layer of trimmed neck, cut into chops, upon the potatoes, then a layer of chopped onions and carrots.
Continue with these layers until all is used up.
Season with... - 33.0216
Low Calorie Irish Stew
1. Combine lamb, bay leaf, salt, pepper and beef-broth mixture in a large saucepan or kettle. Heat to boiling. Lower heat; cover; simmer 50 minutes, or until meat is almost tender. Remove from heat; refrigerate several hours, or overnight.
2. About 45 minutes... - 31.9468
Old Fashioned Irish Stew
Every time I make this Old Fashioned Irish Stew I have to double the recipe as its taste gets better each time I try it! No wonder Old Fashioned Irish Stew is the ultimate Irish comfort food. I am sure you will place this on your favorites list. - 31.6859
This is by far the best Irish Stew recipe I have come across! This delicious veal preparation is perfect for your diner parties. Serve the Irish Stew for the next party, I am sure your guests will not be able to resist it! - 30.2565
1. Combine flour, salt and pepper in flat dish. Coat meat in seasoned flour. Place butter in 2-quart glass casserole with coated meat. Cover with glass lid or plastic wrap.
2. Microwave on ROAST for 10 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, except cornst - 29.4481
Traditional Irish Stew
Place lamb in 3-quart microproof casserole.
Stir gravy mix into water.
Pour over lamb.
Cover with casserole lid and cook on 70, 50 minutes, stirring once during cooking time.
Stir in vegetables until well coated with gravy.
Cover and cook on 50, 40 to 50... - 29.4022
Mutton Irish Stew
1. In a shallow pan, place in layers, sliced onions, mutton and potatoes, sprinkle salt and pepper.
2. Add cloves and cover with water.
3. Boil and skim, then cook in a pressure pan for 1/2 hour. You can add some peas and chopped carrots. To thicken gravy add... - 29.2562
Lamb Chop Irish Stew
Put about half the potatoes on the bottom of a large casserole.
Cover with half the onions, then sprinkle with salt and pepper and half the thyme.
Add the chops, then continue to make layers with the remaining onions, salt and pepper, thyme and the remaining... - 27.4759
Clay Baker Irish Stew
Oil bottom of clay baker.
Alternate layers of potatoes, meat, onions, etc., season each layer until you have used all ingredients.
Dot generously with parsley, pepper heavily.
Close and bake. - 27.3955
Oven Irish Stew
1. Trim excess fat from chops. Melt several pieces in a large skillet until 2 tablespoons of fat have accumulated. Remove and discard remaining fat.
2. Brown chops, 3 at a time, in fat in skillet; remove and reserve. Brown stew vegetables in fat remaining in... - 27.0503
Slow Cooked Irish Stew
Put all the vegetables into the Slo cooker.
Trim the chops of any excess fat and lay these on top of the vegetables.
Add the seasoning and boiling stock and cook for the recommended time. - 26.3168
In the days of large households a forequarter of lamb would be used to make this dish, which combines the staple foods of the old Irish kitchens.
Like most stews, Irish stew re- heats well, but must be brought to boiling point before serving Method Trim sinew... - 25.9416
MMMM deep rich flavor from a very simple stew. This is the basic recipe, from here you can add your own embellishments. - 0
Irish Stew By Good Food Ireland
Ed Cooney of The Merrion Hotel keeps to the tradition of using lamb in the stew and the simpliest vegetables to flavour the broth. Heartwarming, simple and full of flavour. Read this full Good Food Ireland recipe Traditional Irish Lamb Stew - 0
Irish Stew Recipes By Category