- » Irish Appetizer
Irish Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of irish appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for irish appetizer recipes.
Carrigaline Beech Smoked Cheese Pastry Shells
Try a delicious sweet appetizer for the next special occasion in your life. Chef Rachel makes pastry shells stuffed with smoked cheese. You can use any firm cheese or semi firm cheese from Ireland, so there is no hard and fast rule for ingredients. There is a... - 144.661
Durrus Cheese Fillo Bites
The secret to a great starter is using a few ingredients. This is exactly what makes this Durrus Cheese and Quince Fillo Bites recipe. The ingredients are the star of this recipe. Watch this video for the details. Bon Appétit! - 128.255
Coolea Arugula Salad
The Willems family have been making Coolea on their farm in Macroom, Co Cork since 1979. They moved from the Netherlands to Ireland in the 1970’s. Gouda was impossible to get locally at the time so they wrote home for a recipe and the rest is history. This... - 126.186
Ardrahan Red Cabbage Salad
This lactic, pungent cheese from Mary Burns in Kanturk, Co Cork, Ireland has won ‘Supreme Champion’ at the British Cheese Awards. It was this cheese that inspired my recipe for Ardrahan Red Cabbage Salad. - 122.333
Kerrygold Cashel Blue Grapes
This melt in your mouth, blue cheese made from pasteurized cow’s milk hails from Fethard, Co Tipperary, Ireland. The Grubb family began making this on their farm in 1984 . It is one of the best known of all the Irish farmhouse cheeses. I paired this with... - 122.307
Irish Turnip And Bacon Soup
Try out this delicious turnip and bacon soup that is a great comfort food on cold nights. See this wonderful video that is so nicely presented. The video here is an interesting piece to see and then make a flavorful healthy treat for the entire family. - 109.22
Irish Style Potato And Cabbage Soup
Would you like to try an innovative soup recipe today? Just hit the play button and watch chef Gavan prepare this wonderful Irish Style Potato and Cabbage Soup now. You will have to stock up the ingredients as you will be preparing this soup quite often. - 82.5302
Hearty Irish Beef Soup
1. In a bowl, soak lima beans overnight.
2. Clean beef bones with cold water.
3. In a large soup pot, place beef bones and add water.
4. Bring it to a boil.
5. Skim off any foam that rises to the top.
6. Season with salt and pepper.... - 47.8814
Irish Tomato Soup
1) In a pot, melt butter and sauté onions and carrot.
2) Simmer and cook the carrot mixture for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the potatoes and mix briefly.
4) Stream in the chicken broth.
5) In a saucepan of boiling water blanch tomatoes for 30... - 47.8114
Irish Celery Soup
Cut off base of celery, then wash and chop stalks and leaves.
Peel and finely chop potatoes and onions.
Melt butter in saucepan over a low heat.
Add celery stalks and leaves, potatoes and onions, cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring to prevent... - 46.1226
Irish Oyster Soup
If you haven’t decided what to cook this Saint Patrick's Day, then try this Irish oyster soup recipe. The pleasure you would experience in cooking this recipe would make your Saint Patrick's Day more delightful. This soup would be so tasty that the... - 44.9075
Into a 4-quart casserole, arrange lamb, carrots and potatoes forming 3 separate layers.
In a bowl combine 2 cups hot water, soup mix and bay leaf.
Stir together until well blended.
Pour mixture over potatoes.
Cover with lid.
Cook on HIGH 10 minutes and on LOW... - 44.6785
Ye New Irish Stew
In a 3-quart casserole stir together the lamb, onion, bouillon granules, thyme, basil, 1 3/4 , cups water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Add bay leaf.
Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power (HIGH) 7 to 8 minutes or till bubbly; stir.
Reduce power to 50%... - 44.1873
Irish Stew has a fine taste. Irish Stew gets its taste from mutton mixed with vegetable and bacon, flavored with pepper. Irish Stew is inspired by many food chains all over the world. - 43.5199
In Dutch oven, brown lamb in hot oil.
Drain off excess fat.
Season with 2 teaspoons salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Dissolve bouillon cubes in 4 cups hot water; pour over meat.
Bring just to boiling.
Cover; simmer 1 1/2 hours or till meat is almost tender.
Add... - 43.2658
Irish Cream Of Potato Soup
Chop celery, onions and carrot; add water and simmer 30 minutes.
Strain through sieve (large tea strainer will work).
Stir bouillon cubes into strained vegetable-water.
While hot, pour over potatoes, stirring until dissolved.
Rub through strainer to make sure... - 42.4452
Boneless Lamb Irish Stew
In 4-quart casserole, arrange lamb, carrots and potatoes, forming three separate layers.
In small bowl combine 2 cups hot water, soup mix and bay leaf; stir together until well blended.
Pour mixture over potatoes.
Cover dish with casserole lid.
TO HEAT BY... - 42.4277
Irish Leek And Oatmeal Soup
Wash the leeks carefully.
Heat the butter in a saucepan, add the leeks and leave to 'sweat' for 5 minutes.
Add the milk'and stock, then sprinkle on the oatmeal and stir well.
Bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the oatmeal is... - 40.6085
Irish Mutton Stew
Irish Stew has a very fine taste. The mixture of cornflour with milk and sugar gives the Irish Stew a royal taste. - 39.9879
A Modern Irish Stew
Cut the bacon into strips and cook in a frying-pan until the fat is running.
Fry the celery and a third of the onions in a frying-pan until brown, then remove.
Trim off as much fat as possible from the lamb and brown on both sides in the frying-pan.
If you... - 38.8446
Neck Of Lamb Irish Stew
Place some sliced onion in a casserole, with the lamb on top.
Sprinkle with herbs, if desired, season well.
Add remaining onions and sliced potatoes mixed, season well, pour in stock.
Place in the oven, covered, for 1 1/4 hours.
Uncover for remaining 15... - 37.3456
1) In a slow cooker, place all the ingredients together, stir to mix well.
2) Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
3) Serve immediately in individual serving bowls.
For a thicker sauce, blend 1/4 cup quick... - 36.0645
Cut the meat into fairly large pieces and see that the fat, bone etc. is trimmed off.
Peel and slice the potatoes and onions.
Put a layer of potatoes in a pan, then herbs, then sliced meat and finally onion.
Season each layer well and repeat this once more,... - 35.9236
1. Wash and cut meat into neat pieces.
2. Peel and slice onions.
3. Peel and cut potatoes into large pieces.
4. Put meat, onions, seasoning and quarter of the potatoes thinly sliced into a pan and add water or stock.
5. Cook till meat is three-fourths... - 35.349
Irish Cabbage Soup
Add the potatoes, onion, carrots, and cabbage to the boiling water. (Parboil the cabbage separately for about 10 minutes if you prefer a milder cabbage flavor.) Add thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
Bring soup to a boil and simmer about 45 minutes, or until... - 35.1339
Beef Irish Stew
Place beef cubes in 3-quart microproof casserole or baking dish.
Sprinkle with salt.
Stir together gravy mix and water.
Pour over meat.
Cook, covered, on 70 (roast) 50 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
Add vegetables and mix to cover with gravy.
Cook,... - 34.9362
Irish Lamb Stew
1. Put lamb in a saucepan or Dutch oven with water, parsley, bay leaf, celery tops, salt and Ac'cent. Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until lamb is tender.
2. Add turnips, onions and potatoes. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender.
3. Combine flour and... - 33.5994
Potato And Meat Irish Stew
Cut the meat into neat cutlets and trim off the surplus fat.
Arrange in a saucepan layers of the meat, thinly-sliced onions, seasoning and half the potatoes cut In slices.
Add stock or water just to cover and simmer gently for about 1 1/2 hr.
Add the rest of... - 33.4362
Peel the potatoes and slice them thinly.
Put a layer at the bottom of a deep stew pan.
Now put a layer of trimmed neck, cut into chops, upon the potatoes, then a layer of chopped onions and carrots.
Continue with these layers until all is used up.
Season with... - 33.0216
Low Calorie Irish Stew
1. Combine lamb, bay leaf, salt, pepper and beef-broth mixture in a large saucepan or kettle. Heat to boiling. Lower heat; cover; simmer 50 minutes, or until meat is almost tender. Remove from heat; refrigerate several hours, or overnight.
2. About 45 minutes... - 31.9468
Irish Country Soup
1) Take a deep 1-1/2-quart bowl and heat a mixture of soup, peas, bouillon and milk in it for 8 to 10 minutes on High until bubbly hot, stirring frequently.
2) In a blender, pour this heated mixture and process until peas are crumbled and... - 30.4913
Mutton Irish Stew
1. In a shallow pan, place in layers, sliced onions, mutton and potatoes, sprinkle salt and pepper.
2. Add cloves and cover with water.
3. Boil and skim, then cook in a pressure pan for 1/2 hour. You can add some peas and chopped carrots. To thicken gravy add... - 29.2562
Irish Egg Rolls
"This is the best 'bar food' around. So tasty, so filling, so good. It is a great way to get rid of those corned beef and cabbage dinner leftovers!!!" - 28.6115
Oven Irish Stew
1. Trim excess fat from chops. Melt several pieces in a large skillet until 2 tablespoons of fat have accumulated. Remove and discard remaining fat.
2. Brown chops, 3 at a time, in fat in skillet; remove and reserve. Brown stew vegetables in fat remaining in... - 27.0503
In the days of large households a forequarter of lamb would be used to make this dish, which combines the staple foods of the old Irish kitchens.
Like most stews, Irish stew re- heats well, but must be brought to boiling point before serving Method Trim sinew... - 25.9416
Apple Curry Irish Soup
1. Add diced apples and curry powder to potato soup the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Garnish with apple wedges instead of chives - 23.258
In saucepan, combine all ingredients.
Heat; stir occasionally. - 20.6733
MICROWAVE 5 to 10 MINUTES longer, or until potatoes are tender. - 17.8095
Smoked Irish Salmon By Good Food Ireland
Niall Murphy of Donnybrook Fair combines two of Ireland's classics, salmon and whiskey to create this dish. Served with beetroot, fresh cream, buttermilk and dill, this is light and full of flavour. Read this full Good Food Ireland recipe Irish Whiskey... - 0