- » Iranian
Iranian food reflects an amazing diversity in dishes, culinary styles and cooking traditions of Iran. The cuisine is also referred to as Persian cuisine and consists of variety of dishes ranging from kebabs to gravy ... More »
A good tutorial on how to make kashk bademjan at home. This is a Persian treat, that is usually served as an appetizer. The main ingredients are eggplant, onion, garlic and kashk (which you can find in most Middle Eastern markets). - 125.942
This is a wonderful stew made with walnuts, pomegranate molasses and meatballs. You can also make Khoresht Fesenjan with chicken or duck for elegant gatherings - 125.094
How to make a Persian dish called Khoresht Bademjan made with Italian eggplants,tomatoes and beef. - 123.82
1. In a pot of water boil the potatoes until fork tender and once done peel and grate the boiled potatoes and set aside.
2. Grate the onions; mince the garlic, set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine turkey, potato, onions, turmeric, lemon... - 123.643
1. Dice the onions, mince the garlic, and keep it in separate bowls.
2. Boil, peel and dice the potatoes also dice the hard boiled eggs and pickles, set it aside separately.
3. Clean and cut the celery, carrots into thin strips, roughly chop the... - 123.247
Khoresht Qeymeh Aloo
This dish is made with aloos (dried golden plums), chicken and yellow split peas. I hope that you enjoy it! - 123.101
Khoresht Ghormeh Sabzi
How to prepare khoresht ghormeh sabzi, also known as fresh herb stew. A delicious savory and tart Persian dish. - 122.97
Showing you how to make Khoresht qeymeh. This is very delicious and one of my favorite Persian dishes! - 122.92
Persian/Iranian dish loobia polow, which is made with basmati rice, green beans and meat. - 122.198
Traditional Persian rice called Kalam Polow. - 121.863
Zereshk Polo Ba Morgh
1. Trim the chicken breast of excess fat, dice the onions, peel the garlic, and keep everything aside.
2. In a large bowl soak the rice in hot water along with salt for 2-3 hours.
3. In a medium pot combine the chicken, onion, oil,... - 121.457
Persian Shevid Baghali Polow Ba Goosht-e
1. Wash the rice 3-4 times with water; soak the rice for 2 hours in hot water. Add salt to the water.
2. Dice the onions, slice the garlic and red and yellow pepper, and keep it aside until needed.
3. Peel and halved the fava beans, set... - 119.837
1. Wash and clean the rice 3-4 times in lukewarm water.
2. In a large pot, combine rice, water, yogurt and salt to taste, stir and add the oil.
3. Turn heat to medium high, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, cover with a cracked lid... - 119.742
Showing you how to make a Persian soup called Ash-e Jo. - 119.551
Showing you how to prepare Mast-o Khiar. You can add more herbs if you like ie. tarragon, dill weed (dried or fresh), green onions or red onions etc. This is the basic recipe just to get you started. - 118.803
1. In a large pot combine rice, water and salt, on medium high heat bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium low and cook the rice for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked with a covered lid, stir occasionally.
2. Once the rice is... - 116.837
1. Dice the onions and peel the garlic, set it aside.
2. Wash and boil the potatoes and carrots until fork tender, drain and set aside.
3. Place the meat on a saran wrap and make small slits in the meat and stuff it with garlic cloves, continue... - 115.935
Persian Khoresht Fesenjan
Khoresht Fesenjan is a wonderful Persian stew made with walnuts, pomegranate molasses and meatballs. You can also make Khoresht Fesenjan with chicken or duck for elegant gatherings. Watch and learn this exotic dish as Marki prepares it in this video. And as... - 85.5093
Persian Khoresht Qeymeh
The Khoresht Qeymeh is a delicious Persian classic dish. This flavorsome dish comes packed with lot of protein. It can be served with a variety of other side dishes. Watch and learn the recipe from Marki in this video. Enjoy! - 85.2525
Vegan Persian Cucumber Anti Aging Pudding
Want to know of a tasty, anti aging recipe that can be eaten as an appetizing pudding or poured in a tall glass and consumed as a refreshing smoothie? Then watch this video and learn to turn your regular cucumber into a 100% vegan and amazingly tasty treat! - 82.7168
Homemade Persian Walnut Pastry Swirl - Part 1: Preparation
If you are nuts about walnuts, then you will surely enjoy making this Persian dessert delicacy at home. Perfect in taste and texture, this delightful, sweet tooth appeasing dish takes a little extra effort to make, but then all the toil is worth it. Tart your... - 76.1602
Persian Vegetable And Egg Timbale
Time to pamper your palate with this Persian Vegetable And Egg Timbale recipe. I prepare this yummy dish for Breakfast every month or even more often.Do try this recipe of Persian Vegetable And Egg Timbale and if you are fully satisfied, spread the taste by... - 49.067
Persian Spinach Salad With Yogurt Dressing
Persian Spinach Salad With Yoghurt Dressing has a nice taste and must be tried by salad lovers. Persian Spinach Salad With Yoghurt Dressing is a an easy to make recipe, do try it out at home. - 47.1719
Persian Stuffed Zucchini
Persian Stuffed Zucchini is an easy to make and a delicious recipe. This certainly makes for a great main dish. Persian Stuffed Zucchini is a favorite with my family, i bet your friends and family will love it too. Don't miss out on this great recipe. - 47.109
Persian Chicken Pilau
1) Slice the onions and chop the apricots.
2) In a skillet, heat oil and 1 oz butter.
3) When foaming, fry chicken pieces until golden brown.
4) Take out chicken from oil and allow to cool.
5) In the same oil, cook onion- until... - 46.0241
1) Preheat the oven to at 300 °F.
2) Drain off the rice and soak again in warm salted water, for 3- 4 hours or overnight.
3) Drain the rice.
4) In a pot heat 4 cups of water, with little salt.
5) Add saffron to make the water turn... - 46.0154
1. Rinse rice and soak it in cold water. Leave it aside for about 1-3 hours.
2. Soak currants in lemon juice.
3. Take a skillet and toast almonds over medium –low heat for about 5 minutes until it starts emanating pleasant aroma.
4. Quarter... - 45.5221
Hot Persian Yogurt Soup
1. Take a pot and add split peas, rice and water into it.
2. Boil the mixture and cook over low heat for about 2 hours until the peas turn tender.
3. Add spinach and salt and cook over low heat until the spinach gets cooked.
4. Add water to thicken... - 45.4362
Persian Ash-e-mast - Yogurt Soup
1) Into a large bowl, add in the minced beef, lemon juice, egg, salt and pepper. Pound the mixture to combine.
2) Use floured hands to shape the mixture into balls of 3/4 inch diameter.
3) Slice the onions into 2-inch lengths.
4) In a saucepan, melt... - 45.0977
Persian Stuffed Eggplant
1. Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees C.
2. Take eggplants and cut it lengthwise into half, without tampering the stem.
3. Oil a baking sheet and place the eggplant with its chopped size down.
4. Cover and bake it at 375 degrees C for around... - 44.3239
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) In a large flameproof casserole, add butter and olive oil over low heat.
3) SautÃ© onion and garlic for 5 minutes, until softened but not browned.
4) Increase the heat to moderate and add the chile,... - 43.7831
Toast the millet grains in a little oil until golden.
Tip into a bowl.
Cut the chicken into pieces -about 5 cm/2 inches long and 1 cm/1/2 inch wide.
Fry the garlic and/or onion in a little more oil.
Then add the chicken and brown the outside.
Add the cumin... - 42.8907
Soak the saffron in the cold water thirty minutes.
Add the rice gradually to the boiling salted water.
Return to a boil and cook until the rice is half done, about ten minutes.
Drain the rice in a colander.
Add the butter to the kettle in which the rice... - 42.5742
Wash and soak the split peas for about 2 hours.
Drain well and set aside.
Dry roast the millet for 5 minutes, remove from the heat and set aside.
Heat the ghee or oil in a heavy frying pan.
Add the cinnamon sticks, turmeric and garam masala; saute for 8-10... - 42.481
Persian Rhubarb Frappe
Persian Rhubarb Frappe is an amazingly refreshing beverage.
Persian Rhubarb Frappe is easy to make and must be tried at home. The cherries add up the flavor of Persian Rhubarb Frappe, try this simple recipe for your guests and it is guaranteed that they will... - 42.1
Persian Style Rice With Lima Beans And Dill
1. Take a large bowl and place in rice in it. Wash many times in running water.
2. Drain in colander and put the rice again in the bowl.
3. Cover with water, around 5 cups. Keep it aside for 25 minutes and let it soak.
4. In the meantime, in small... - 41.4739
1) In a pan, gently saute 3/4 of the spring onion, the bulghar and turmeric in the melted butter, for about 5 min, stirring frequently.
2) Stir in the stock, carrot, celery, salt and pepper to the pan, allow to boil, lower the heat, simmer covered... - 41.4486
Persian Rice Salad
1) In a pan, stir in the rice, cinnamon and allspice in heated oil until the rice is well coated.
2) Add water to the drained apricot syrup and level up to 250 ml; stir in to the rice, allow to boil, simmer covered for about 20 min until the liquid... - 41.0491
Persian Pork Chops
Combine yogurt, scallions, salt and pepper in large bowl.
Add pork chops, turning to cover completely with yogurt mixture.
Marinate 3 hours at room temperature.
Remove chops, scraping off as much yogurt mixture as possible and re-serve.
Melt butter in... - 40.9759
In a large heavy skillet, brown lamb on all sides in hot oil.
Add onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
Mix tomato sauce, water, lemon juice, bay leaf, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, turmeric, and cinnamon.
Pour over meat.
Bring to boiling,... - 39.5867
Soak apricots in enough water to cover them.
Boil until soft, remove seeds and make a puree.
Remove and slice almonds, keep aside.
Wash and cook rice in milk for about 20 mins until rice is tender.
Remove from heat, add cream and simmer gently for fifteen... - 38.6095
Persian Molded Rice With Crisp Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Rinse the basmati rice thoroughly in cold water.
Soak it in cold water to cover by several inches for 30 minutes.
While the rice is soaking, peel and slice the potato as thinly as possible using a mandoline or the slicing... - 38.2888
Persian Steak Roll
1 Ask your meatman to split flank steak, butterfly fashion.
Or, at home, split it yourself, working slowly with a sharp long-blade knife and cutting with a sawing motion as evenly as possible.
Pound steak with a mallet or rolling pin to make it evenly thin.
2... - 38.0801
Whether you are planning your surprise your family for lunch or have a grand party , this persian chicken is just right. You would enjoy every moment of cooking and of course eating it - 37.7895
Golden Oats Pilaf
Combine oats, oat bran, egg whites and salt until oats are evenly coated; set aside.
Saute mushrooms, green pepper and onions in margarine over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Add oat mixture; cook over medium heat about... - 37.3648
Kotlet (persian Dish)
This Kotlet is a side dish. Enjoy this amazingly delicious beef recipe and share your feelings with us! - 37.117
Cut dates crosswise.
Peel and slice apples.
Combine apples and dates with 1/2 cup granulated sugar and chopped pecans and put into a buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole.
Mix flour, salt, brown sugar and cinnamon together.
Cut in butter until mixture is consistency... - 36.3294
Cut dates crosswise.
Peel and slice apples.
Combine apples and dates with 1/2 cup granulated sugar and chopped pecans and put into a buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Mix flour, salt, brown sugar and cinnamon together.
Cut in butter until mixture is consistency... - 35.831
Fry bacon in 10-inch skillet until crisp.
Remove from skillet and drain; crumble and reserve.
Cook and stir onion, green pepper and millet in bacon fat until onion is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in water, bouillon and ginger.
Heat to boiling; reduce... - 35.6491
Persian Cucumber Salad
1) In a large serving bowl, mix together yogurt, cucumbers, scallion, mint, basil, raisins and walnuts.
2) Serve the Persian Cucumber Salad chilled. - 35.3359
Drain mandarin-orange segments and pineapple; reserve liquid.
Add water to fruit liquid to make 2 cups.
Cook contents of rice and seasoning packets with fruit liquid, water and butter or margarine according to package directions.
Fold in currants or... - 34.8459
Chilled Persian Yogurt Soup
1. Whisk together yogurt, buttermilk and stock until smooth.
2. Add cucumber, raisins, garlic, salt and pepper and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
3. Pour into chilled bowls and have guests garnish their own soup with mint, dill, eggs and pistachios. - 34.2631
Persian Cardamom Cookies
Beat together butter or margarine, vanilla, and powdered sugar until fluffy.
Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, beating until light colored.
Sift and measure cake flour, sift with cardamom.
Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until soft and well... - 34.0621
Bulgar Pilaf is an amazingly delicious recipe which cannot just escape your guest's attention in any party. Serve this bulgar recipe to them, I bet everyone will praise for your creativity. - 33.257
Persian Cucumber Salad
Sprinkle cucumber slices with salt and place in colander with a heavy cover on top so that the salty liquid drains out.
Then arrange cucumber in a salad bowl.
Dissolve sugar in vinegar, add chopped mint and beat into yoghurt.
Spoon yoghurt dressing over... - 33.2369
Persian Rice Salad
If you want a yummy salad to serve for your party then Persian Rice Salad is the one for you! I often make it as a surprise treat for my guests! Try making this addictive Persian Rice Salad! - 32.6289
Persian Chicken On Skewers
1. In a bowl, mix chicken, crumbs, egg yolk, onion, turmeric, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
2. Divide chicken mixture into 4 equal portions. Dip-
ping your hands frequently in water to keep mixture from sticking,... - 32.4786
1. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; saute 4 minutes or until tender. Add rice, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg; saute 3 minutes. Add broth and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20... - 32.252
Persian Sugar Pickled Garlic
Place all of the ingredients in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
Reduce the heat to moderate and cook 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
Transfer... - 32.251
Vegetable Oat Pilaf
In large saucepan, cook and stir mushrooms, green pepper and onions in oil over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes.
In small bowl, mix oats and egg whites until oats are evenly coated.
Add oats to vegetable mixture in saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until... - 30.4626
Persian Fruit Dessert
1. Slice, pare and seed melons; cut into 1-inch cubes. Wash and hull strawberries.
2. Combine melon cubes, whole strawberries, grapes and nuts in a large glass bowl.
3. Pour orange juice over fruits with brandy and rose water; mix well. Cover bowl with... - 30.3774
If desired, drain the yoghurt briefly in cheesecloth.
Combine yoghurt with remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Chill until serving time. - 28.8459
1. Combine brown sugar, oil and water in a large bowl with a wooden spoon. Stir in ground almonds, then the whole wheat flour, oats and salt until well blended and smooth.
2. Turn out onto a lightly floured pastry cloth or board; knead 5 minutes, adding only... - 28.824
Persian Apple Dessert
Place half the apples and the remaining ingredients in blender container.
Cover and blend until coarsely chopped, 20 to 30 seconds.
Add remaining apples; repeat. - 27.346
In a 10 to 12-inch frying pan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
Add onion; stir often until limp, about 3 minutes.
Add millet and stir until it smells and tastes toasted (chew a few grains; color does not change much), about 5 minutes.
Add broth slowly;... - 26.6316
Persian Cucumber Punch
Peel, quarter, remove seeds, and coarsely chop cucumbers.
Whirl about 1/3 at a time in blender until pureed; strain out and discard pulp (you should have about 2 1/2 cups juice).
Just before serving, mix 2 cups Punch Base, 8 cups cold water, cucumber juice,... - 26.0319
Saute the onions and turmeric in the butter for a few minutes, in a heavy pot.
Add the bulgar, salt and pepper and brown.
Add stock and cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes. - 25.6883
Combine all ingredients; blend gently.
Cover; chil well.
Spoon into chilled sherbet dishes. - 25.6442
Combine all ingredients; blend gently.
Cover; chill well.
Spoon into chilled sherbet dishes. - 24.0067
In a 2-quart saucepan combine chicken broth and water. Bring to boiling. Stir in millet and rice. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or till rice is ten- der. Remove from the heat.
Stir green onion into the millet mixture.... - 23.7221
Combine 4 cups sliced peaches, 1/2 CUP orange juice, 3 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger, and dash salt.
Cover; chill thoroughly.
Spoon into 5 chilled sherbets.Or spoon over vanilla ice cream.
Color bright: When you... - 22.4048
Golden Persian Rice
1. Place the rice in a large nonstick saucepan with a rounded bottom. Cover the rice with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil over moderately high heat until the rice is softened but still very chewy, about 7 minutes. Drain in a colander... - 21.256
In a 2-quart saucepan, saute uncooked bulgar in a small amount of the butter or margarine until grain is slightly browned. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 45 minutes. - 19.0948
Dolmeh Fil Fil
Hello everyone! I would like to share with you a Persian recipe called Dolmeh Fil Fil which is Stuffed Bell Peppers. This is a great dish to serve as an appetizer or main dish. This particular rice stuffing mix can also be used in Dolmeh Bademjan (Stuffed... - 0
Khoresht Hulu (peach Stew)
Hello everyone! I hope you all are well. As promised, I am sharing with you a tutorial on how to make Khoresht Hulu (Persian Peach Stew). I hope you try it and find it easy to follow! - 0
Khoresht Aloo Esfenaj (spinach And Dried Plum Stew)
Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying this fall season! Today I wanted to share with you a recipe called Khoresht Aloo Esfenaj which is a Persian stew made with spinach and dried plums. There are two different types of dried plums you can use, the... - 0
1. In a small bowl, dissolve saffron in hot water. Set aside.
2. Boil orange peel in water for 10 minutes to remove the bitterness.
3. Place a non-stick Dutch oven on flame and heat 3 tablespoons of oil in it
4. Drop onions and meat in... - 0
1. Clean the lamb shanks chop the onion and cut the potatoes in half,cut the tomatoes into four wedges. Keep them aside.
2. In a large pot place the cleaned lamb shanks along with dried chickpeas, pinto beans, onions, tomatoes,... - 0
Iranian Recipes By Category