- » Indonesian
Indonesian food is a delicious assortment of dishes from different regions of the country. The cuisine, which introduced spices to the world from its Spice Island (Malaku), enjoys a very rich culinary heritage and is ... More »
Easy Stir Fry With Tempeh And Vegetables
If you're looking for a different stir-fry recipe, then this recipe is a good one. The Chef makes the stir-fry from Tempeh, which is a traditionally soy product originally from Indonesia. Do check out this recipe. - 137.541
Tempeh Double-decker Sandwich
Tempeh's is an Asian high protein food, its nutty flavor is something to die for and the reason for its popularity around the world. It is very intelligent of the Chef to try something like this with tempeh and come up with a healthy sandwich that is not... - 129.664
Have you ever tasted Indonesian Sambol - if not, then you must try this recipe. Prepare at home, so that you can control the level of spiciness in this condiment. But, it is really hot and spicy. Watch the video and try it today. - 128.805
Tempeh Stir Fry
A tasty, meatless dish using marinated tempeh as a protein source (meat substitute). Going meatless is a great way to reduce saturated fats, lowering risks for diabetes-related heart disease. - 121.334
Mix Vegetable Salad
Interesting salad for lunch?? Here is a great recipe video showing you how to make this. Made with a spicy peanut sauce, this is a great change from the otherwise regular salads. Healthy and nutritious, this is a great recipe to try out. - 118.808
Millet-rice With Stir Fried Tempeh And Vegetables
How about Tempeh for your next meal? In this video, you will see how to make a millet-rice dish served with stir fried tempeh and vegetables. This is a really simple recipe that is healthy and highly nutritious. Watch this video and learn how to make this... - 118.306
Nasi goreng - Indonesian stir-fried rice is a staple food in Indonesian cuisine. Nasi means rice and goreng means stir fried. Nasi goreng - Indonesian stir-fried rice is usually spicy but one can make variations as per taste. Ideally, it is made from freshly... - 116.432
Pan Fried Tempeh In Cornmeal Sauce
Looking for an alternative to fish sticks? Well here is your solution! In this video, Lynn shows you how to make the vegetarian version to “fish sticks.” A great option to serve up as an appetizer or a side dish. Watch and try your version! - 115.615
Vegan Indonesian Fried Rice
1. Dice the onions, green bell pepper, shred the cabbage and carrots, and mince the garlic, chop the green onions, set aside.
2. Cut the soya chunks into cubes, set aside.
3. In a non-stick skillet, brown the soy chicken in oil over a... - 112.868
Chili Chicken & Red Pepper Stir Fry
Today I have an Indonesian-inspired chicken stir-fry I made as a result of running out of soy sauce and mirin. I was originally gonna make some teriyaki chicken, but all I had left was some kecap manis and shaoxing cooking wine. Threw in some chili and a half... - 111.958
Tempeh With Tomatoes
Do you like quick cooking? Well this is as quick as it gets…A recipe with only 3 ingredients!! A simple recipe that goes well with a side of steamed vegetables. Watch the video and try it out! This recipe will surely not disappoint you. - 109.236
Tempeh Eggplant Ratatouille
Tempeh Eggplant Ratatouille is a nice take to the classic, rustic French dish. You might just fall in love with this mildly spiced dish. Watch and learn how to make it from this video. Enjoy! - 106.57
Tempeh is a great source of protein (with zero cholesterol!) and easy to digest - it's also a great meat substitute.
But have you ever wondered how tempeh is made? Find out when we visit Weeping Duck Farm - the home of local tempeh producers Anna and Roy... - 101.665
Tempeh Salad With Peanut Sauce
Are you always on a lookout for some healthy salad recipes? This video is a must watch for you. Chef Heather shares one of her most favorite Tempeh Salad with Peanut Sauce recipe that you will certainly love. We guarantee you will prepare this dish often. - 101.216
Indonesian Pork Baguette
A super duper appetizer. Get floored to a whole new taste of baguette sandwich made from flavored pork tenderloins. A fabulous video to prepare a yummy bitty snack perfect for any parties. Seasoned with garlic, creamy peanut butter, mango chutney and cayenne.... - 99.4889
Easy Satay Sauce
Tongue tickling satay sauce can lend the right flavor to your Thai dishes. Just follow the video to learn how to prepare this treat at home without much toil. The traditional flavors makes it a must try at home to surprise everyone with the exotic Thai touch... - 80.6049
Vegan Jerk Tempeh
Wanting to create a tempting vegetarian dish? Healthy and tasty Jerk Tempeh is from the cook books of Kardena Pauza and executed by the versatile EJ. It is rich in protein and low in fat, but very tasty and easy to make. Try it once and you would love it... - 73.9019
The Mi Goreng recipe gives a lot opportunity to make it into your own. You can really play around with the ingredients and finally settle down for something that you might like. In this video, the Aimless Cook shows his version of the dish. Pretty easy and it... - 69.7961
Indonesian Peanut Butter Soup
1.Take a soup kettle, add the oil and warm it.
2.Saute the garlic and ginger,stir till garlic is tender and ginger is fragrant.
3.At this point, add the onions and peppers and saute for 5 minutes, till peppers are colored
4. Add peanut butter and water... - 49.484
Indonesian Mixed Salad With Pineapple
1) In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, place the carrots to blanch until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
2) In a large saucepan of water, place the tofu and simmer for 10 minutes.... - 49.064
1) Preheat oven.
2) Take peanuts in a roasting pan and put in the oven. Continue roasting till light brown. Keep shaking the pan occasionally to avoid burning.
3) Put the peanuts in a dish towel and rub to remove the skin. Put it back to oven to... - 49.0167
Ayam Bakar Jakarta - Indonesian Grilled Chicken
Ayam Bakar Jakarta, literally translated to char grilled chicken jakarta style. A very popular dish in Indonesia, acquires its flavor from the wonderful asian spices used in it and served with kemangi - thai variety of basil,very sharp and fragrant. A... - 48.3948
Indonesian Lemongrass Chicken With Flavored Appam
A delicious Indonesian Lemongrass chicken recipe that will be done in no time at all. Serve hot with flavored appams (Indian Pancake). Savor an appetizing meal with rich flavors that linger on for a while. - 48.1432
Indonesian Ribbon Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2) Brush a 9-inch round cake pan with butter. Line the bottom with a round waxed paper and brush the paper with butter.
3) In a mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Stir... - 47.8768
Indonesian Stir Fry
1) In skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© the chilli peppers, ginger and garlic for 5 minutes.
2) Add the red peppers and scallions.
3) Stir for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the scallions are limp.
4) Add the stock and stir the peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon... - 47.6978
Indonesian Fried Rice
1)In a large karahi, heat the oil.
2)Add in onions and garlic. Sauté till golden brown.
3)Put in the ginger, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt, boiled chicken, shredded vegetables, peas and beansprouts.
4)Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
5)Pour in the... - 47.1344
Indonesian Shrimp In Sambol Sauce
1. Using kitchen shears, slit shrimp down back and devein, without removing shells.
2. In a shallow non-metal casserole combine remaining ingredients.
3. Add shrimp, cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
4. Remove... - 47.0269
Indonesian Rice Salad
BRING THE WATER to a boil, stir in the rice, and return just to a boil.
Lower the heat, cover the pan, and simmer until the rice is tender and all the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
When cooked, transfer the rice to a large bowl.
FOR THE DRESSING, stir... - 46.4881
1) Heat the margarine in a 9-inch non-stick skillet till it is bubbly.
2) Add the onion and garlic. Saute till the onion is soft.
3) Add the tempeh and sautÃ© for a few minutes, till it has turned light brown in color on all the sides.
4) Add all the... - 46.285
Indonesian Gado Gado Sauce
1. Take a pan and heat the peanut oil in it.
2. Saute the green onions, garlic, chilli and onions in it.
3. Add some peanut butter and mix properly.
4. Cook slowly over low flame for 5 minutes.
5. Add the green onions and cook for a minute more.
6. Add... - 46.15
Indonesian Apple Rice
1) In a large saucepan, filled with salted boiling water cook the rice for 15 minutes or until it is done.
2) In a second saucepan, heat oil. Set aside a few sliced apples for garnish. Add in the remaining chopped apples into the pan.
3) Next, add in... - 46.0657
Barbecued Tempeh And Peppers
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a heavy skillet and saute the chopped onions for 3 to 4 minutes, until they begin to soften.
While the onions saute, mince the garlic and chop the bell pepper; add them to the onions.
Continue to cook another 5 minutes,... - 45.9113
1) In an oiled 10-inch-square ovenproof casserole, spread the tomato sauce in a thin layer
2) Reserve the remaining sauce.
3) Combine the tamari and water and mix well.
4) Dip each piece of tempeh into the water-tamari mixture, then into... - 45.8364
Indonesian Chicken Soup
Prepare Side Dishes.
If using lemongrass, remove tough outer stalks.
Smash inner stalks, thinly slice and mince finely.
With a mortar and pestle, crush lemongrass or lemon peel, garlic, shallots and gingerroot to a paste.
Or use a large knife to finely mince... - 45.7597
Following package directions, cook vermicelli in a large kettle of boiling salted water until al dente.
Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again; set aside.
Heat a wok or wide frying pan over high heat.
When pan is hot, add 2 tablespoons of the oil.
When... - 45.7042
Indonesian Spicy Coconut Chicken
1)Take a wide bowl, and marinate the chicken with salt, pepper, nutmeg powder and coriander powder.
2)Let it stand for 1 hour.
3)In a bowl, mix Maggi Coconut Milk Powder in 2 cups warm water and keep it aside.
4)In a frying pan, heat oil... - 45.0382
Indonesian Fruit And Vegetable Salad
1) In a bowl, place together sugar, salt, vinegar and oil.
2) Using whisk beat the sugar mixture until well mixed.
3) Cover the bowl and refrigerate until needed.
4) Peel all the fruits and vegetables.
5) Cut the fruits and vegetables... - 44.9913
1.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2.Make serving size pieces of spareribs.
3.Make a mixture of salt, black pepper, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, onion, MSG, ginger, oil and sugar.
4.Put the spareribs on the rack and apply the spice... - 44.865
Here's a brilliant Satay Sauce recipe that you must try for sure. The recipe is quite simple and makes a great accompaniment. The best part about the sauce is that it can be stored for up to two weeks. I have always received appreciation for this sauce, make... - 44.8008
Indonesian Chicken In Peanut Sauce
1) Combine together the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vinegar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
2) Stir the mixture well till it has blended properly and set it aside.
3) In a wok, heat the peanut oil.
4) Add the garlic and chicken... - 44.5389
Indonesian Style Pineapple Dessert Centerpiece
Prepare Pineapple-Coconut Cream.
Slice off top 1/3 of pineapple lengthwise.
With a small knife, cut into large portion of pineapple.
Remove fruit and reserve.
Do not cut through bottom; preserve boat shape of pineapple.
Drain shell; blot juices with paper... - 44.3474
Indonesian Fruit Salad
Pour drained pineapple juice into a small pan; add sugar and lemon juice.
Heat until sugar is dissolved.
Sprinkle lemon juice over apples and avocados to keep slices from turning brown.
Place fruits and vegetables in a large salad bowl.
Pour cooled... - 44.328
Indonesian Sate Ayam
1) Thread the chicken pieces into the metal skewers.
2) In a bowl, place together ground black pepper, salt and sprinkling of Chinese soy sauce.
3) Stream the soy sauce mixture over the chicken.
4) In a steamer, steam the chicken until it is tender
5)... - 44.2534
Indonesian Rice Salad
1. In a salad bowl place all the salad ingredients.
2. Whisk the dressing. Pour it on the salad.
3. Toss well so that the salad is well coated.
4. Serve Indonesian rice salad immediately. - 44.1462
Indonesian Skewered Pork
1) In the container of an electric blender, mix together all ingredients except butter or margarine, bouillon and pork and spin to a fine puree.
2) To a saucepan, transfer the puree and bring to a boil.
3) Add in butter and bouillon and stir.
4) Take... - 44.0851
Indonesian Gado Gado With Peanut Dressing
Saute onion rings in peanut oil until crisp.
Drain on paper towels.
Cook green beans in boiling salted water until just tender.
Cover a large serving platter with shredded lettuce.
Arrange cooked beans, bean sprouts, pineapple, cucumber and potatoes on... - 44.0807
Indonesian Pork Sate
Trim and discard fat from pork.
Cut pork into 1-inch cubes.
Thread 3 or 4 pork cubes on each of twenty to twenty-five 6-inch bamboo skewers.
Layer skewered meat in an 8-inch square baking dish; set aside.
In blender, combine peanuts, onions, lemon juice,... - 43.9715
Cook, drain, and mash potatoes.
Melt butter in frying pan.
Add finely chopped onion and crushed garlic.
Simmer 3 to 4 minutes, then add minced steak, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Cook, stirring constantly.
When meat is half-cooked, add finely... - 43.9319
Indonesian Soto Ajam
1) Wash and clean the chicken, cut into bite size pieces.
1) In a pan, heat oil and saute the onions, garlic and ginger without browning,
2) Add chicken and stock to the onions mixture, bring to boil until it is tender.
3) In a pan,... - 43.6561
Indonesian Curried Pork
Render pork fat in a large frying pan (or heat oil).
Meanwhile, roll pork cubes in flour until well-covered.
Brown pork well; add onion and garlic toward end of browning period.
Stir in coconut milk and seasonings.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 1 1/2 hours... - 43.5813
Tofu Indonesian Style
In a small bowl, stir together peanut butter, soy sauce, water, sesame oil, ginger, vinegar, and sugar until smooth.
Mix in garlic, sesame seed, and onions.
Spoon about 1/4 of the peanut butter mixture into an 8-inch square pan.
Cut tofu into 4 equal... - 43.366
Indonesian Tempeh And Broccoli Stir Fry
Prepare the rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the stir-fry sauce and broth; set aside.
Heat a nonstick wok or large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
Add the oil and cook the tempeh and onion,... - 43.0241
Cook the rice in plenty of boiling salted water until just tender - about 12 minutes.
Drain very thoroughly.
Melt 50 g (2 oz) butter in a heavy-based saucepan and fry the onion, carrots and garlic very gently until soft but only lightly coloured, stirring... - 42.763
Indonesian Rice With Raisins
1. In a large pot, place the beef bones and 10 cups of water. Add the cloves, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, nutmeg, cinnamon sticks, ginger, lemon grass and 2 teaspoons of the salt. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and cover,... - 42.7387
Place metal rack or trivet in bottom of slow-cooking pot.
Sprinkle pork roast with salt and pepper; put on trivet in pot.
Pour hot water around pork roast.
Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until done.
Remove meat from pot.
Place on broiler pan or... - 42.669
Indonesian Beef Kabobs
Partially freeze steak; trim fat from steak.
Slice steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-wide strips, and set aside.
Combine cilantro and next 4 ingredients in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and shake well.
Add steak to bag; seal... - 42.6246
Place sugar, onion, garlic and ginger in a bowl with the butter and oil.
Cook on HIGH for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in curry powder, chilli powder, turmeric, soy sauce and peanut butter.
Mix until well combined.
Cook for 1 minute on HIGH.
Add... - 42.4191
Indonesian Salad Gado Gado
1) In a bowl, pour hot, boiling water and blanch fresh vegetables like asparagus, green beans, cauliflower and broccoli florets, cabbage and bean sprouts. Keep them aside.
2) In a fry pan, heat up oil and add other ingredients. Wait for... - 42.2065
Indonesian Pork Sate
Trim all fat, bone and sinews from the pork and cut it into one-inch cubes.
Combine the peanuts, coriander, garlic, red pepper, onions, lemon juice, sugar, soy sauce and black pepper in the container of an electric blender, or put them through a food... - 41.9448
Indonesian Tofu In Peanut Sauce
In a 2 1/2-quart casserole, combine the onions, ginger, garlic, chili peppers, and oil.
Microwave on high for 3 minutes, or until the onions are crisp-tender.
Stir in the scallions.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
Add the red peppers.
Microwave on high for 3... - 41.9411
Melt the butter in a frying-pan.
Add the onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes.
Add the meat, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste and fry for 5 minutes or until the meat loses its pinkness.
Add the spring onions with their tops, stir well and simmer for 15... - 41.7523
Bring water to a boil in saucepan.
Cook, covered, until water is absorbed.
Combine carrots, celery, green beans and onion with enough water to cover in saucepan.
Cook until vegetables are tender; drain.
Combine rice and vegetables in bowl; mix... - 41.5515
Indonesian Spiced Rice
Put the tamarind pulp into a bowl and pour over the water.
Set aside to cool.
Pour the contents of the bowl through a strainer into a saucepan, pressing as much pulp through as possible.
Half fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
Add the... - 41.4114
All you have to do is to follow these simple instructions and you get a perfect result for Tempeh Reuben. Tempeh Reuben is a great dish you can think for your next party. Get ready! - 41.3038
Gyuniku No Kushiyaki
First, make the marinade.
Put all the ingredients into a large, shallow dish and mix until they are thoroughly blended.
Thread the meat and pepper pieces on to skewers then arrange them carefully in the marinade mixture.
Set aside at room temperature for at... - 41.2902
Indonesian Nasi Kuning
1) In a saucepan, heat the milk slowly to boil with the turmeric, bay leaf and salt.
2) Discard the bay leaf.
3) Stir the rice into the milk mixture.
4) Simmer and cook until all the milk is absorbed,
5) Transfer the rice mixture in a steamer bowl and... - 41.1917
I made this Tempeh Lasagna just as it was listed and it was more than a treat! I loved this Tempeh Lasagna recipe for the main reason that the idea of tempeh in lasagna noodles interested me a lot. The interest turned to an addiction! - 41.154
Indonesian Chicken Broth
Combine stock, bay leaves, ginger and seasonings.
Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 30 minutes.
Add chicken last 10 minutes.
Remove bay leaves and ginger.
Cook celery and onion in oil, covered, 10 minutes.
Add to broth, bring to boil and cook 5... - 40.9403
Spiced Indonesian Pork
1) In a bowl, place the pork pieces with soy sauce, honey, five spices, onions, garlic, and lemon juice.
2) Stir the pork well to combine with all the ingredients.
3) Put the lid and allow the pork to marinate for at least 2 hours, or... - 40.8872
Tempeh Stew is a delicious preparation that is also nutritious. I served this dish for a party at home and my guests finished it in no time! The Tempeh Stew is simply too tasty to miss out. Try it! - 40.7637
Place half the rice in the bottom of a 10-cup (2.5 L) microwave-safe bowl.
Mix the ground meat, coriander, nutmeg, salt and egg yolk.
Shape into small meatballs and place on the rice.
Place the chicken wings over the meatballs.
Pour the remaining rice... - 40.5625
Indonesian Yellow Rice
In a 2- to 3-quart pan, combine rice, coconut milk, water, turmeric, lemon grass, galangal, and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, until liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and... - 40.5521
Indonesian Beef Sate
For marinade: Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion, garlic and ginger and saute until onion is soft.
Add remaining ingredients and stir to make smooth paste.
Reduce heat: and simmer 2 minutes.
Add meat, stirring to coat well.
Remove from heat... - 40.5445
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cream butter and sugar together thoroughly.
Stir in flour, cinnamon, and salt.
Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
Gradually stir in Coconut Cream.
Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into... - 40.4989
Indonesian Baked Rice
Cook the rice according to the package directions and set aside to cool.
Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan and brown the meat quickly over high heat.
Add onions, garlic, salt, pepper and spices and saute for 5 minutes.
Add leeks and saute another 2... - 40.2677
Indonesian Turkey Rice Salad
Combine turkey, chili powder, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; stir well.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil.
Place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add turkey mixture, and saute 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
Combine turkey... - 40.0482
Satay Sauce With Peanuts
Preheat the oven to 190Â°C/375Â°F, Gas Mark 5.
Put the peanuts on a flat baking sheet and roast for 5 minutes.
Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
Add the lime or lemon juice, soy sauce, peanut butter, chilli powder and seasoning.
Add the roasted... - 39.9039
Javanese Satay Sauce
1) Crush the garlic, onion, peanuts, fresh and dried chilies, sugar, and tamarind together in a mortar or electric blender.
2) In a dry frying pan, saute this paste for a few minutes.
3) Stir in the lemon juice, water, coconut milk, and soy sauce and... - 39.8444
Indonesian Peanut Butter Muffins
Sift together dry ingredients in large bowl.
Mix milk, egg and shortening, and add all at once to dry ingredients.
Mix only until moist.
Batter will be lumpy.
Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
Drop one teaspoon peanut butter in center of each... - 39.5806
Slowly brown meat in 1-1/2 T.oil.
Remove from skillet.
Add rest of oil, onion, garlic, sugar and pepper.
Cook until onion is yellow.
Return meat to skillet and add water and soy sauce.
Simmer 1 hour, covered.
Serve over fluffy rice or noodles.
Serves 4. - 39.5588
Indonesian Fried Tofu And Bean Sprout Salad Tahugoreng
1. Place the bean sprouts in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and let stand for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; drain well. Dry on paper towels. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or overnight.
2. Dry the tofu cakes on a paper towel. Cut... - 39.4894
Wrapped Indonesian Curried Chicken
Pound each chicken piece with meat mallet to 1/2 inch thickness.
Sprinkle Poultry Blend, curry powder, chili powder and ginger over meat.
Place one third tomato pieces, onion pieces, coconut and almonds in center of each half breast of chicken.
Wrap by... - 39.3878
Acorn Squash Indonesian
1.Divide all the squash in two halves and remove all its seeds.
2.Wash the squash and keep it damp.
3.Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the squash.
4.In a bowl, mix chutney with coconut.
5.Preheat oven at 205 degreesC
4.In a slow cooker,... - 39.3764
1) Keep a metal rack or trivet at the bottom of a slow cooker,
place the meat on the rack, season with the salt and pepper.
2) In a bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, pepper flakes and lemon juice; pour the mixture over the meat; cook covered on LOW for... - 39.2965
Peel and chop the onions.
Heat the oil and fry the onions over a high heat for 3 minutes.
Dissolve the bouillon cubes in 2 pints boiling water.
Pour over the onions; add the rice, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed.
Peel, core... - 39.1354
Tempeh And Coconut Sauce And Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
A tempeh recipe with coconut and peanut butter sauce alongside flavored jasmine rice is a great meal to enjoy on a lazy afternoon. Here is the recipe for it along with some vegan pumpkin cookies with raisins for dessert.
Directions for... - 39.1007
Tempeh With Sesame Seeds
Preheat the oven to 180Â°C/350Â°F/Gas mark 4.
Coat the tempeh with olive or sesame oil and sesame seeds.
Place the tempeh on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes, until browned, turning the strips two or three times.
For the sauce, heat... - 38.9523
Headhunter's Satay Sauce
1) In a food processor, put all the ingredients. If a less hot satay is preferred, take the seeds out of the chili before processing it.
2) Lightly pulse to chop and mix them together.
3) Allow the mixture to stand for sometime at room temperature so... - 38.8307
Acorn Squash Indonesian
Cut squash in half; remove seeds.
Wash and drain excess water but do not dry.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place in slow-cooking pot.
Cover and cook on low for 3 to 5 hours or until tender.
Remove from pot; set, cut side up, on broiler pan or heat-proof... - 38.65
Cook in a large amount of boiling water 2 oz. long-grained rice.
Cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until done.
Drain in a colander.
Immediately run cold water over it until rice is thoroughly cold.
Let it drain in the colander until completely... - 38.3869
Indonesian Soy Sauce
1) In a heavy saucepan, place the brown sugar and water and cook, stirring, over low heat for 1 minute, till sugar dissolves.
2) Now, increase the heat to medium and cook at very slow boil until the mixture thickens slightly, for about 2 minutes.
3)... - 38.3755
Indonesian Chilled Chicken Soup
1. In a large saucepan cover chicken with cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and cook 5 minutes, skimming foam from the surface. Add onion, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, coriander, cumin, black pepper, galangal, and sugar. Simmer until chicken... - 38.365
Wash and dry peanuts, deep-fry in hot oil until crisp.
Dissolve beef stock cube in hot water, pour over coconut, season with sugar.
Add grated onion, grated garlic, coriander and bayleaf, all of which have been sauteed in little hot butter.
Add salt and... - 38.2888
Indonesian Beef Broth With Meatballs
Indonesian Beef Broth With Meatballs is a special dinner recipe with inclusion of laos, serehpoeder and garlic powder. A traditional recipe of meatballs along with beef stock and other spices can only complete the Indonesian Beef Broth With Meatballs. - 38.2602
Indonesian Style Fruit Salad
1. For the dressing, in a small bowl combine the jalapeno with 3 tablespoons of the lime juice and the honey; set aside.
2. Core but do not peel the apples and cut them into 1/2-inch cubes. Place them in a small bowl and toss with the remaining lime juice.
3.... - 38.0894
In a blender or food processor, whirl garlic, onion, and water until onion is finely minced.
Heat oil in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat; add onion mixture and red pepper.
Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in soy, sugar,... - 37.9277
Indonesian Shrimp Sate
Heat oil in small skillet over low heat.
Add garlic and cook until lightly browned.
Stir in all remaining ingredients except shrimp (mixture will be very thick) and simmer, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
Add shrimp and mix with fingers until... - 37.9038
Indonesian Pork Tenderloin
Trim fat from tenderloin.
Combine soy sauce and next 3 ingredients, stirring well.
Spread soy sauce mixture over tenderloin.
Place on a rack in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of tenderloin, if... - 37.8872
Marinated Tempeh With Mango Mojo
To make the tempeh:
1. Cut each tempeh block into 12 even and angled slices.
2. In a large saucepan, combine 2 1/2 cups of water with the orange juice, shoyu, lime juice, garlic cloves, cumin, and bay leaf. Add the tempeh. Cover and bring to a boil over high... - 37.8274
Indonesian Chicken Skewers
Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; set aside.
Put walnuts, lime juice, broth, onion, garlic, and salt in a blender and whirl until walnuts are quite fine.
Stir 1/2 cup of nut mixture into yogurt to serve as a dip with chicken; cover and chill.
Gently coat... - 37.4861
Indonesian Recipes By Category