- » Indian Yellow Rice
Indian Yellow Rice Recipes
Enjoy our collection of indian yellow rice recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for indian yellow rice recipes.
Yellow Fried Rice
Indian recipes uses a lot of spices and this is how it derives it flavors. This sort of a flavorful dish adds zing to even simple dishes like rice. If you want something of this sort, try Manjula's yellow fried rice. She is adding a lot of whole spices for... - 124.933
1) In a pan, saute the rice in the butter or oil for 2 or 3 minutes, until opaque.
2) Stir in the salt and saffron or turmeric or curry powder, mix thoroughly.
3) Pour in 3 cups water or bouillon, cover and cook over a low heat for 16 to 20 minutes, or... - 34.2418
1) In a large saucepan or flameproof casserole, add rice, cumin, turmeric, salt, coconut milk and 5 1/4 cups of water.
2) Allow the mixture to soak for 30 minutes.
3) Place the pan over moderate heat and bring it to a boil.
4) Reduce... - 38.12
Baked Striped Bass With Yellow Rice
Preheat oven to 400°.
Wash the fish thoroughly in cold running water and pat dry, inside and out.
Place the onion, ginger, garlic, turmeric, and 4 tablespoons of water in the container of an electric blender.
Blend at high speed until you have a smooth... - 45.6339
Yellow Lemon Rice
Tear off a 36x18-inch piece of heavy-duty foil.
Fold in half to make an 18-inch square.
Fold up sides, using fist to form a pouch.
In bowl thoroughly combine rice, water, lemon juice, ground turmeric, mustard seed, and salt.
Place mixture in pouch; dot with... - 39.8739
Yellow Pepper Rice
1. In a medium casserole or Dutch oven, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. Add the onion, pepper and ginger together and sauté for 5 minutes, until the onion and pepper is soft.
3. Stir in the rice, turmeric and salt and sauté for another minute.... - 45.7559
Yellow Peanut Rice
This rice is authentic South Indian rice made on several occasions. It is simple and tastes really good. Watch the video to learn about the different ingredients and method of preparing it. - 131.952
Rice With Yellow Split Peas
Soak split peas in 1 1/2 cups cold water and leave for an hour, then drain.
Bring 3 cups of water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil.
When the water is boiling rapidly, drain the split peas and put them in.
Boil rapidly for 6 to 7 minutes, and drain.
In a 4-quart... - 40.3181
Make use of leftovers. Bhavna shows you how you can use your left over rice and make it more delicious. - 103.387
Curried Yellow Rice & Refreshing Leftover Khichadi & Kadhi
If you are tired of eating bland steamed rice, try easy to prepare yellow rice by Bhal Dave, who gives it a new look and feel with added vegetables and spices. He also shares tips and tricks to refresh leftover khichadi. Cooking is so much fun isn't it? - 58.4826
Yellow Turmeric Rice
1) In a large saucepan, stir butter until melted over moderate-low heat.
2) Now add the onion and cook, mixing once in a while until the onion start to brown.
3) Add the cardamom and cook further for 1-2 minutes, mixing once in a while.
4) Now add the... - 40.9951
Dry Chicken Curry With Yellow Rice
Saute the onion and garlic gently in the butter in a large pan.
Add the curry powder, salt, chilli powder and chicken.
Fry, stirring occasionally, until the chicken joints are brown all over.
Add the water, cover the pan and simmer for 45 minutes.
Drain the... - 44.6989
Indian Khicheri In Ayurvedic Preparation
Do you intend to revamp your taste bud and cook something herbal? Switch to organic food and prepare yummy Khichdi, a mix of rice and dal at home. With Anjali Patak you can cook this Asian delight for a healthy living. - 96.4969
Indian Style Turmeric Vermicelli Rice
When you need an easy rice side to serve alongside your stews, gravies or meats, just try making this one. Delicious, filling and vibrant, turmeric adds an interesting flavor and color to this rice dish. And it’s quite simple to make too. All you have to do... - 126.544
Khichiri East Indian Rice And Lentils
1) In a heavy saucepan, add the lentils, onion and broth, simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Stir in the rice, salt, and chili peppers, then simmer covered for 20 minutes until the rice is tender and almost dry. Then remove the lid and... - 40.9955
Indian Lentils With Rice
1 ln a large heavy saucepan, heat the oil over moderately high heat until very hot but not smoking.
Add the onions and stir to coat with the oil.
Add 1/4 cup of the stock, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are... - 40.7086
Indian Summer Chicken And Rice Salad
1 In a pan, bring water to a boil.
2 Add in rice, zucchini and summer squash.
3 Remove from the heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
4 Let cool.
5 Meanwhile, brush the chicken with 2 tablespoons salad dressing.
6 Grill or broil for 20... - 43.5574
Heat oven to 350°.
Melt butter in skillet.
Add onion and rice; cook and stir until rice is yellow and onion is tender.
Stir in next 5 seasonings.
Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
Heat chicken broth to boiling; stir into rice mixture.
Cover tightly;... - 40.7069
1. Heat the oil and fry the onion seeds for about 30 seconds. Add the sliced onion and fry for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the next nine ingredients and stir-fry over a medium heat for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add the rice and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
4. Pour... - 40.2466
Heat oil in pan, add cumin seeds (if using), stir until they turn black, add rice, stir for 30 seconds.
Add water, saffron (if using), yellow colour, bring to boil, cover, simmer on low until rice is cooked (approx 15-20 mins).
All water should be absorbed by... - 29.1106
1 Wash and soak the rice for about 15 minutes.
2 In a pan, add sugar, 1 cup water and grated carrots.
3 Cook until half tender.
4 In a pan, heat the ghee, and add in the soaked rice, cardamoms, yellow color and 5 cups water.
5 Cook... - 48.3116
1 Pick and wash the rice.
2 In a bowl, soak the rice for 15 minutes.
3 In a pan, heat the ghee.
4 Add in the whole cinnamon and cardamoms, fry for one minute.
5 Now stir in the rice, mixing well.
6 Pour in water and... - 49.0005
Kitcheree is simply yummy. Kitcheree gets its taste from rice mixed with lentils and flavored with spices. Kitcheree is loved by many food lovers. - 43.0791
1) In a heavy saucepan, saute the rice in the melted butter, stirring continuously, until transparent and yellow.
2) Stir in the sugar, mace, cinnamon, raisins, almonds, milk and salt.
3) Cook covered over a low heat for 25 minutes, or until the rice... - 42.593
Shahi Sweet Pulao
1 Pick and wash the rice.
2 In a bowl, soak the rice for 25 minutes.
3 In a pan, add sugar and 1 cup of water, cook until it reaches the consistency of syrup.
4 Remove from the heat and keep aside.
5 In a pan, heat the ghee.
6 ... - 46.84
Lime rice is a hot favorite among the South Indians. With its sour taste and bright yellow color it is a very refreshing addition to any menu. - 0
Curried Lentils And Rice
1. In a large heavy skillet or stock pot, combine the lentils, broth/water and salt.
2. Place on a medium high flame and bring to a boil skimming off the scum .
3. Reduce the heat and let the lentils simmer for 20 minutes.
4. In the mean time, in a... - 47.5851
Masoor Ki Dal Lentil Soup & Rice Dinner
How about a Indian dinner which is both tasty and healthy? Try simple to make Masoor dal and stir fry cabbage, serve with rice & tortilla. Yummy recipe from the kitchen of US chef Bhal Dave. He impresses with his exquisite style of making it to perfection. - 72.6099
1. Soak rice for 1/2 an hour. Drain the water.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add all the spices. Saute till nice aroma comes out (About 10 seconds).
3. Add chopped onions and fry till translucent.
4. add 3 cups of water and salt.
5. When it comes to a boil... - 37.0514
Shahi Korma Biryani- Zero Oil By Tarla Dalal
Truly royal! unlike the traditional method of adding loads of cream, ghee etc. To make this "shahi" recipe, here we use low fat milk and zero-oil. You won't know the difference... it tastes just as good! i have replaced cream with poppy seeds and cashewnut... - 0
1. Wash rice, drain. Place rice, 2 cups water in thick based saucepan, add saffron or colour, bring to boil.
2. Cover, simmer on low for 12-15 mins (rice should be cooked in this time). Remove from heat, keep aside.
3. Wash capsicums, remove seeds, cut in... - 38.4983
Rainbow Fruit Pulao
1 Wash and soak the rice for about 20 minutes.
2 In a pan, cook sugar and one cup water to make a thin syrup.
3 Set aside.
4 In a pan, heat the ghee, add in cardamoms.
5 Add in the soaked rice along with water, and cook until water... - 45.8906
1. Soak together the gram and rice for half an hour.
2. Grind to a smooth paste without adding any water.
3. Fill batter into a piping bag and pipe out into jallebi shapes into hot oil.
4. When it turns lightly brown and it starts floating on top of the oil... - 34.1217
Pecan Vegetable Rice Medley
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil; add the pecans.
Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted; remove and set aside.
In same skillet, heat the remaining oil.
Add the green beans, red pepper and broccoli; stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add... - 43.4664
Vegetable Rice Medley
In a skillet over medium heat, saute the rice and onion in oil until rice is lightly browned.
Add tomato, pepper, water and salt; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in peas and heat through. - 32.6176
1. Melt the butter in a heavy 2-quart saucepan over moderate heat. Add the onion, and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the rice, and stir to coat with the butter.
2. Add the chicken broth, raisins, and curry powder. Stir once, cover, and... - 28.1147
Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
Preheat a small skillet over high heat to 350°, about 3 minutes.
Add the alfalfa and sesame seeds and heat, shaking the skillet occasionally, until they start to pop and turn brown, about 5 to 7... - 46.3164
A healthy mix of vegetables and rice. - 51.3382
Make the rice: Place the rice in a sieve and rinse under cold running water until the water runs clear. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, over medium-high heat. Add the golden raisins, almonds, turmeric, cumin seed,... - 30.9593
1. In a medium stock pot or saucepan, cover the lentil with double the amount of water and soak for a minimum of 2 hours.
2. If using brown rice, soak the rice with the lentils in the same pot.
3. Just before cooking, drain the water from the... - 49.2135
Scallops With Cardamom Orange Rice
Scallops With Cardamom Orange Rice has a Outstanding tasteThe Butter and Orange juice gives the Scallops With Cardamom Orange Rice Stimulating taste. - 41.5694
Hot Glazed Beef On Saffron Onion Rice
1. Place beef in shallow glass baking dish.
2. Combine bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes in small bowl; whisk until sugar has dissolved completely. Pour over beef and marinate 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Cook rice according to... - 42.4804
Pulao Rice With Lamb
To make the yakhni, or flavored broth: In a 4-quart pot, put the beef broth and the pieces of lamb.
Tie up in a piece of cheesecloth 1 peeled onion, the garlic cloves, the piece of ginger, the peppercorns, 4 of the black cardamoms or 10 of the small cardamom... - 45.95
Varan Bhat is a simple, tasty, non-spicy Maharashtrian dish that consists of yellow dal and rice. Varan refers to lentils (dal) while bhat means rice. The dish tastes delicious when topped with a blob of ghee or clarified butter and is a must on the Ganesh... - 36.035
Moong Dal Khichdi
1. Mix the rice and moong dal and wash it.
2. Add into the rice cooker pot along with 4 cups of water.
3. Add green chili paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt to taste.
4. Place the pot in the cooker... - 104.853
1. In a medium-size bowl combine the cornmeal, whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour and salt. Add the rice, milk and 3/4 cup of water, and stir until the mixture forms a batter. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature 1 hour.
2.... - 23.7538
Zarda is an irresistible dessert recipe. This delicious Zarda is something you would never want to miss out on! - 39.3788
Sabji Ki Biryani
Cook the rice in sufficient boiling water with a little salt until half-cooked.
Transfer to a mixing bowl and let cool.
Soak the crushed saffron in the hot milk and set aside.
Place the yogurt, garlic and ginger pastes, ground cumin, chili... - 48.0851
Kerala Style Chicken Biryani
Tut rice in water and let it soak for an hour.
Then drain away the water and keep aside the rice.
Cut chicken into big pieces.
Make slits on them.
Take all the ingredients mentioned above for marinating the chicken and mix them well.
Now, marinate the chicken... - 45.2271
Easy Chicken Biryani
So far if you have been only dreaming of chicken Biryani, it’s now time to wake up and prepare it in your kitchen. This Easy Chicken Biryani recipe video has the best procedure for making this delectable dish. Don’t mind if you have to go shopping,... - 133.011
Chicken biriyani is a spicy and very rich preparation of chicken with rice along with vegetables like potatoes and onions. Flavored and spiced with a a lot of masalas, the chicken curry is complete as a meal in itself and can be served with a side salad. This... - 46.6803
The yummy parsi dish, Chicken Dhansak is a meal in itself! Serve the Chicken Dhansak the next time you host a party! I promise you, your guests will love the flavor of Chicken Dhansak! - 47.9725