- » Indian Vegetarian Sauce
Indian Vegetarian Sauce Recipes
Enjoy our collection of indian vegetarian sauce recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for indian vegetarian sauce recipes.
Spicy Tomato Chutney
This spicy tomato chutney is a great condiment, which you can prepare in large quantity and store in refrigerator. It is a versatile sauce, which can be served as a side dish almost with anything. This recipe video displays the quick and simple process of... - 129.487
Have you been looking for a great Indian chutney recipe? Look no further, this video has just the right recipe for you. Watch the chef share her personal recipe to make this lip smacking tomato chutney. - 127.181
Homemade Mango Chutney Relish
Mango chutney not only adds zing to your weekly dinner, but also makes for a delicious accompaniment with any snack. This video shows how to make this traditional Italian chutney with ripe yellow mangoes. You can relish it with Indian flatbread or just savor... - 116.636
Indian Style Eggplant In Yogurt Sauce
Crispy, spicy baingans cooked in spicy, creamy, smooth yogurt sauce. A nice variation for regular baingan sabzi. It's very aromatic with use of fennel seeds and kasoori methi. Tastes just awesome! - 116.598
Coriander Dipping Sauce
1.Wash and clean the cilantro and finely chop the Serrano pepper
2.Juice the lemon. Do not use bottled lemon juice.
3.In a food processor, place the cilantro and serrano pepper and process till coarsely chopped. Push down the paste on to... - 115.91
How about a versatile, quick and easy sauce to use to cook chicken and cheese. Check out chef Aarsi showing how to cook Makhni Sauce or Butter Sauce with heavily whipped cream, Indian spices and seasonings. The true secret of delicious butter chicken! - 113.981
Spicy Coriander Condiment
When looking for a versatile, tongue-tickling chutney that pairs well with almost all sides and snacks. Extremely simple to make and good to eat, this is one great way to replace the preservative-laden ketchup bottle from your table. Just follow the recipe... - 111.902
Homemade Garlic Coriander Chutney
Leftover coriander leaves can be easily transformed into a satisfying condiment with just the right amount of garlic and spices. This chutney is so good and versatile that you can savor it any way you want. Ready in 10 minutes, this mouthwatering Indian... - 103.875
Paneer Butter Sauce
Paneer or cottage cheese is used in different ways in Indian cooking. Here is a recipe to make Paneer Makhani or paneer sauce with Makhani sauce or butter sauce and paneer. Great when served with naan bread. - 102.769
Homemade Green Chili Paste
This homemade green curry paste is not meant for the weak hearted! It sure has tonnes more flavor than shop-bought versions but beware, it is spicy enough to bring beads of sweat burst on your forehead and smoke steam out of your ears! However if you are a... - 94.3469
Methi Matar Malai (fenugreek Leaves & Green Peas In Creamy Sauce)
If you're looking for some simple recipes for making Indian curry, then you must check this out. This is a rich curry as we use fresh cream. The curry tastes delicious and you can serve it with hot roti or rice. Do try out this recipe and don't forget to... - 93.7548
Curried Puri In Buttermilk Sauce & Curried Garbanzo Beans
Wanting to prepare a different lunch, easy and quick? Try the spicy curried puri in buttermilk sauce with leftover puris and serve with rice. Team up with curried garbanzo beans with potatoes in tomato sauce. Try this innovative style of cooking with easy... - 87.7324
Indian Green Chutney
Preparing an Indian menu for dinner? This Green Chutney is a must include. The recipe is quick and easy and is totally irresistible. No Indian meal is complete without this flavorful chutney. Give it a try today. - 80.9079
Green Tomato Chutney & Tartar Sauce Fit For A Queen
Looking for some yummy dips and sauces to compliment your snacks? Chef Bhal Dave here explains two different sauces to go with your snacks or salads. Healthy, tasty, and nutritious, these dips and sauces can be easily prepared from readily available... - 77.2534
Apple Sauce Spice Cake
This delicious Apple Sauce Spice Cake should not be missed. The fruity flavors of this wonderful cake leaves a wonderful taste in your mouth that you just cant get enough off. Try this addictive Apple Sauce Spice Cake! - 50.0037
Sweet Tomato Chutney
Put the chopped garlic, ginger, and 1/2 cup of the vinegar into the container of an electric blender and blend at high speed until smooth.
In a 4-quart heavy-bottomed pot with non metallic finish, place the tomatoes and juice from the can, the rest of the... - 47.8415
This Curry Sauce is a simple dish with the goodness of apples, rice flour and onions. Best served with rice, this Curry Sauce recipe also thickens the gravy and enhances the taste of dishes. - 47.2381
Onion Bhajias And Vegetables In A Yogurt And Gram Flour Sauce
To make the bhajia batter, mix the gram flour, chilli powder, salt, bicarbonate of soda, onion slices, green chillies, fresh coriander and water together in a medium-size bowl.
Prepare the yogurt gram flour sauce; in a large bowl, whisk the yogurt with the... - 47.04
1) Peel the apples and onions and grate them.
2) In boiling water, place the tomatoes for some seconds and then remove the skins. Chop the tomatoes.
3) Chop the pepper and celery into small pieces. Slice the garlic and crush it with some... - 46.7934
Eggplant In Spicy Tomato Sauce
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Slice the eggplant into halve lengthwise and crosswise into 1 cm (1/2 inch) pieces.
3. Brush 3 tablespoons of the oil on every slice.
4. Take a large broiling tray and arrange the eggplant in single layer.
5.... - 46.7765
Fresh Coconut Chutney
Put the coconut, parsley, green chilies, ginger, and garlic, along with 5 tablespoons of water, into the container of an electric blender.
Blend, at high speed until you have a smooth paste, stopping occasionally to push down the ingredients.
Pour contents of... - 46.5306
1. Wash, dry and peel the oranges. Using a sharp paring knife, remove the white pith from the other skin. Remove as many pips as possible.
2. Combine in a food processor or mincer, th orange peel, orange flesh and sultanas. Mince using the... - 46.4068
Whole Wheat Spaghetti With Miso Sauce
Whole-wheat Spaghetti With Miso Sauce is a unique dish that is a meal in itself. You can serve this wonderful dish at home for a grand dinner. I made this for my husband for our anniversary dinner and he loved it! Try the Whole-wheat Spaghetti With Miso... - 45.9428
Stuffed Potato Chops With Tomato Sauce
1 In a pan, boil the potatoes in salted water, until tender.
2 Allow to cool and grate them.
3 In the same pan, boil the finely chopped carrots in salted water, until tender.
4 In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp ghee.
5 Add in chopped onion and... - 45.8175
Simple Curry Sauce
This Curry Sauce can liven up any course of the day! Add flavor to this curry sauce by adding pepper, salt and butter. - 45.6868
Potatoes In Thick Sauce
Boil the potatoes in their jackets at least 2 hours ahead.
Leave to cool.
Put ginger in electric blender along with the coriander, cumin, tomato sauce, and 3 tablespoons warm water.
Blend to a paste at high speed.
Peel the cooled potatoes.
The charm of this... - 45.672
Indian Curry Sauce
This Indian Curry Sauce is fun to cook with and tastes amazing! Indian Curry Sauce is a perfect topping to go with a wide selection of Indian and other vegetarian dishes. - 45.3175
Vegetables In A Pasanda Style Sauce
Whisk the yogurt with a fork or a whisk and set aside.
In a saucepan dry roast the ground almonds and poppy seeds, shaking the pan continuously, for about 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and pour on to the yogurt.
Then add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, chilli... - 44.8044
Marrow Kofta In A Creamy Sauce
Peel, deseed and roughly chop the marrow and boil until it is soft and mushy.
Drain and squeeze out any excess moisture.
Mix the plain flour, gram flour, chilli powder, ground coriander, garam masala, salt, turmeric and fresh coriander together in a bowl and... - 44.7381
A delicious appetizer, this Chutney Dressing takes in a blend of onions, tomatoes, stalks celery and flavored using the best seasonings. - 44.6851
Coconut Curry Sauce
A dash of lemon juice livens up the flavor of this Coconut Curry Sauce. Serve this Coconut Curry Sauce with rice or any vegetable dish that asks for a gravy thickener. - 44.6098
Vegetables In A Rich Creamy Sauce
Blend the yogurt, tomato puree, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, salt, coriander, cumin, ground almonds and water in a medium-size mixing bowl and set aside.
Heat the unsalted butter and oil in a karahi or deep frying pan.
Add the onion and mustard... - 44.4691
Shahi Paneer (cottage Cheese In A Rich Cream Sauce)
Heat the oil.
Add the onions.
Fry till softened but not browned.
Add the ginger and chillies and fry for a few minutes, stirring and adding a few teaspoons of water if needed.
Add the turmeric, coriander and tomatoes and fry till the fat separates.
Add the... - 44.0854
Tomato Tamarind Chutney
Heat the oil in a 2-quart pot over medium-high heat.
When hot, put in the asafetida, and a few seconds later, add the cumin and mustard seeds.
The cumin seeds will begin to darken in the hot oil within a few seconds.
Put in the chopped onions and minced... - 43.904
My friend, who is a professional chef at a famous Five Star Hotel, gave me this Mint Chutney recipe. It is a very simple and easy recipe. You will love this delicious recipe. Mint Chutney is the best Indian condiment .It is a side dish which increases your... - 43.5847
Hot Mango Chutney
This hot mango chutney is another delight that you would just love. A simple and easy recipe that would help you make this wonderful dish at home. Enjoy!! - 43.5701
Gnocchi With Spinach And Basil Sauce
Cook the potatoes in a pan of salted boiling water for 15 minutes, or until tender.
Drain and press through a sieve.
Stir in the tablespoon of basil and gradually add the flour.
Mix to a soft dough, adding a little water or oil if the mixture is too stiff, or... - 43.5612
Balti Vegetables In A Spicy Sauce With Paneer
Heat the corn oil in a karahi or wok, add the mustard seeds and cook for about 30 seconds.
Lower the heat.
Whisk the tomato puree with the water.
Add the ginger, garlic, ground coriander, garam masala, salt and brown sugar.
Pour into the karahai or wok, and... - 43.5301
Basic Curry Sauce
1) In a frying pan, heat the oil and add the onions and garlic which have been finely chopped. Also add the sultanas, chilies and apple.
2) Cook till the onions starts to change color and become brown. Move the mixture to a saucepan. Leave behind as... - 43.4926
This tomato paste brims with the goodness of some fine ingredients. A true delight to any meal, the tomato paste is delicious with a variety of vegan dishes. - 43.44
Bitter Gourd Garlic Chutney
1. Cut the bitter gourd into two halves, remove the inside white pulp and seeds, and cut into small pieces.
2. Sprinkle some salt and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder, mix with the gourd pieces, and set aside for 3-4 hours.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a... - 43.1527
1)Take a pressure cooker, add dal and 2 cups of water and cook ( 3 whistles).
2)In a saucepan, add sambhar powder and water and bring to the boil.
3)Decrease heat and add salt and tamarind juice and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
4)Add vegetables and... - 43.028
Deep Fried Vegetables In Yogurt Sauce
Whisk the yogurt in a large serving bowl and add the mint, coriander, salt, sugar, chillies and water.
Whisk for a further minute and set aside.
Heat the oil in a karahi or deep frying pan to 190°C (375°F), or until a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds, add... - 42.5432
Kidney Beans In Peanut Sauce
Kidney Beans In Peanut Sauce has a grand taste. Kidney Beans In Peanut Sauce gets its taste from beans mixed with sauce. Kidney Beans In Peanut Sauce is loved by many food lovers. - 42.5279
Fried Bread In Saffron And Pistachio Sauce
Fried Bread In Saffron And Pistachio Sauce has a great taste. Fried Bread In Saffron And Pistachio Sauce gets its taste from bread mixed with honey and flavored with saffron. - 42.3998
Cauliflower In A Hot And Sour Sauce
Break the tamarind paste down and soak it in the hot water for at least 15 minutes.
Squeeze out the water and push the tamarind pulp through a sieve.
Once all the pulp has been extracted, set aside in a bowl.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan,... - 42.0599
Mango pickle can go with a variety of different foods such as vegetarian, fish or meat. It complements the main dish and is delicious. - 41.8391
Vegetables In A Tangy Sauce
Boil the toor dhaal in the 300 ml (1 1/2 pint) water until soft but not mushy and set aside.
Mix together the yogurt, tomato puree, tamarind paste, the 150 ml (1/4 pint) water, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, sugar, salt, cumin and coriander together in bowl... - 41.812
1. Ready 4-6 preserve jars with tight fitting, vinegar proof lids.
2. The jars should be clean and dry.
3. You can sterilize the jars by placing in a cool oven heated to 225°F/ 110°C/ Gas ¼
1. To a food processor or mincer with the... - 41.301
Savory Mint And Coriander Chutney
1) In a food processor, place all the ingredients except the yogurt.
2) Process until the ingredients form a rough paste.
3) Transfer to a serving bowl. You can mix 2 tablespoons chutney into the yogurt and serve in a small serving bowl as a... - 41.2112
Mushrooms In A Creamy Fennel Sauce
Heat the butter and oil in a karahi or deep frying pan, over a medium heat.
Add the onions, fennel seeds and the bay leaf and fry for 3-5 minutes.
Meanwhile, blend the ginger, garlic, turmeric, black pepper and ground coriander together in a small bowl.
Stir... - 40.8731
This chutney can be enjoyed with Idly or dosai. Frankly I dont know why my mother in law calls it "mixture" chutney, so dont ask, but enjoy the new taste of this chutney. - 40.7362
1. Boil the spices in vinegar for 10-15 minutes Cool, strain, and set aside.
2. Wash, wipe dry and chop the tomatoes, apple and onion, and set to boil in a thick-bottomed saucepan stirring all the while until you get a thick pulp. Remove from fire.
3. Pass... - 40.5047
Potatoes And Leeks In A Creamy Sauce
Bring the water to the boil, add the potatoes and leeks and blanch for about 5 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat, drain and set aside.
Heat the butter and oil in a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat, add the fennel seeds, the bay leaf, crushed... - 40.1176
Creamy Chilli Sauce
Heat oil in small pan, saute onion, garlic, ginger until golden brown.
Add pumpkin, masala paste, salt, chilli powder(if using), stir for 1 min, add capsicum, cover and cook on low for 1 minute, add water, bring to boil, stir till thick paste is... - 39.9808
Date Carrot Chutney
1. Stone the dates and cut into small pieces. Scrape, wash and cut the carrots to 1/2"-1" length pieces or to desired size. Clean the raisins.
2. Steam cook the carrots. When soft, remove from fire, and spread the pieces on a cloth to absorb moisture. Allow... - 39.473
Carrots Pickled In Oil
Crush, pound, or grind mustard seeds coarsely, so that they split at least in half, using either a heavy mortar and pestle or an Indian grinding stone.
Peel the carrots.
Cut off the coarse top and the bottom.
Cut each carrot in 3 pieces.
Halve or quarter... - 39.3867
Cauliflower, Carrots And Potatoes In A Spicy Yogurt Sauce
Rub the vegetables with half the salt and set aside.
Heat the oil in a karahi or deep frying pan to 190°C (375°F), or until a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds, add the salted vegetables and fry them in the hot oil until cooked, but making sure they retain... - 39.1846
Fresh Green Chutney With Chinese Parsley And Yogurt
Put the parsley and chili in the container of an electric blender with 3 tablespoons of water and blend until you have a smooth paste (you may need to push the parsley down a couple of times).
In a nonmetallic bowl, combine the yogurt, salt, pepper, cumin,... - 39.1193
Onion Tomato Sauce
A variation from the normal sauce, this onion and tomato sauce goes well with hot snacks, sandwiches, mashes potatoes and rice. - 38.8731
Cauliflower In A Creamy Sauce
Blend the ground coriander, ground almonds, onions, garlic, ginger, salt, 2 of the chopped green chillies and 1 tablespoon of the chopped fresh coriander in a food processor for 1 minute or until the mixture is fairly smooth.
Heat the oil and butter together... - 38.6778
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion, garlic, carrots and celery for about 5 minutes, until they are soft.
2. Add the lentils, tomatoes, tomato puree, stock, marjoram and seasoning to the pan.
3. Bring the mixture to the boil, then... - 38.608
Onions Pickled In Vinegar
Slicing only three-quarters of the way down, quarter them lengthwise.
Each onion should stay whole, with the four sections attached at the bottom.
Place the onions in a clean, wide-mouthed quart jar.
You may have a few left over.
In a nonmetallic... - 38.5459
Potatoes And Green Beans In A Coconut Sauce
Whisk the yogurt together with the creamed coconut, garam masala, chilli powder, ginger, garlic, turmeric, cumin seeds, cardamom and salt.
Heat the butter and oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the onions and stir-fry until browned.
Pour in the yogurt mixture... - 38.4729
Vegetables In A Creamy Saffron Sauce
Mix the cream, tomato puree, garam masala, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, almonds, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, water and saffron strands together in a bowl and set aside.
Melt the butter with the oil in a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat.
Add the diced... - 38.3053
Carrot Water Pickle
Bring 4 1/2 quarts water and the salt to a boil in a large pot.
Meanwhile, crush, pound, or grind the mustard seeds coarsely, so that they split at least in half, using either a heavy mortar and pestle or an Indian grinding stone.
Peel the carrots, removing... - 38.2307
Stewed Pears With Orange Sauce
For the stewed pears
1. Peel and slice the pears.
2. Mix the sugar, lemon juice, cloves and 3/4 teacup of water.
3. Add the pears and cook until soft.
How to proceed
Put the stewed pears into individual bowls. Top with cold orange sauce - 37.9007
Tomato Curry Sauce
1. In a pan put the fat and cook the onions for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Mix the curry powder with water and add to the sauteed onion.
3. Now put all the other ingredients and cook for about 10 minutes so that the flavours blend with each... - 37.8446
Creamy Curry Sauce
Heat oil in small pan, saute onion, garlic until golden brown.
Add garam masala, curry paste, salt, chilli, stir for 1 min, add mushrooms, cover, cook for 1 min, add water, bring to boil, stir till thick paste is formed.
Adjust salt, chilli to taste, stir in... - 37.7615
Panzanella With Toasted Herb Bread
1. Heat grill to medium. Line the grill pan with foil. Scatter the bread chunks over the foil, then drizzle with 4 tbsp of the oil. Grill until lightly golden, then transfer to a large salad bowl.
2. Lay the peppers, skin-side up, in the grill pan, then cook... - 37.5169
Home Style Curry Sauce
1. Heat the corn oil and saute the onion until tender.
2. Stir in curry powder and cornflour and cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in salt, tomato puree, beef stock cube, water and chutney.
4. Bring to the boil, stirring all the time. Simmer gently for 15 minutes. - 36.5488
Courgettes And Aubergines In A Minty Yogurt Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5. Cut the top off the aubergine's stalk end and bake the aubergine in the oven for 20-25 minutes. When it is cool enough to handle, remove the skin and mash the flesh down with a fork.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the... - 36.4294
Stuffed Crepes & Pepper Sauce
1. To make the sauce, preheat the grill. Place the pepper halves, skin side up, on a baking sheet and grill, turning, for 10-12 minutes until the skin is browned and well blistered. After 5 minutes, add the tomatoes and garlic and cook in the same way for 5-7... - 36.3647
Spiced Onion India Sauce
Chop onion and tomato into blender.
Add garlic cloves, ginger, and curry powder.
Blend, adding tomato juice and vinegar gradually.
Whirl until smooth and creamy.
Pour sauce into a jar with a tight lid; it will stay fresh, if stored in a refrigerator, for... - 36.3558
Tomato Chutney With Date Sauce
Boil the tamarind, jaggery and dates in the water. When the dates become very soft, pass the chutney through a moulee legume and set aside.
Prepare the tomatoes by dipping them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Skin, deseed and cut into large chunks.
Put... - 35.4598
Turnip Water Pickle
Crush, pound, or grind the mustard seeds coarsely, so that they split at least in half, using either a heavy mortar and pestle or an Indian grinding stone.
In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil; Add salt to the water.
Peel the turnips and place in... - 35.3053
Spicy Indian Cheese Sauce
1. Melt butter in a heavy pan over low heat. Remove and sprinkle flour. Stir well. Return to the heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Gently pour in cold milk stirring constantly. Bring to the boil.
3. Add grated cheese and seasoning. Mix well and remove from heat. - 35.2148
Long Beans In Black Bean Sauce
Long Beans In Black Bean Sauce! I can live on this tasty vegetable dish. I serve this quiet often for parties as itâ€™s a wonderful dish to end a meal with. Try this delicious Cranberry Cream Pie for yourself. - 34.6178
1. Wash, scrape and chop the ginger. Mince the garlic. In 1 teaspoon of oil, fry the ginger and garlic until they turn soft. Remove from kadai, and cool.
2. Add the tamarind and salt to the fried ginger and garlic, and grind to a paste.
3. Heat the rest of... - 34.3351
Masala Curry Sauce
Masala Curry sauce to add to any vegetables, fish or meat dishes. - 33.7356
Chocolate Ice Milk Sauce
1. In a saucepan, melt the margarine, add the cocoa, sugar, salt, syrup and milk and bring to a boil stirring until smooth.
2. Then remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla and chill.
3. Use with desserts or as needed. - 33.1189
1) Take a blender jar and add all the ingredients to it.
2) Add water and blend them together.
3) Add a tablespoon of grated carrot along with a tablespoon of chopped parsley.
4) Serve it with lamb curry - 31.1358
Beat the butter until light, then gradually beat in the icing sugar, adding a little of the cream or milk as you go.
Mix in the vanilla or other flavouring and taste; you may like to add a little salt depending on the butter used.
The icing should be a good... - 30.7651
Empty curd into a soft cotton cloth, squzze out excess water and hung curd for 20 minutes.
Unwarped the curd into a bowl (should be thickened and creamy ),and add the garlic and musterd paste, whipping lightely with a fork.Next ,add pepper and salt. Mix... - 30.368
Baked Paneer In White Sauce
Cut the paneer into flat thin pieces. Deep fry lightly in oil. Heat the butter and fry the capsicum and carrot for a few minutes. Add the white sauce, paneer slices, sugar, salt and pepper. Spread the mixture on a greased baking dish. Cover with the cheese... - 29.6243
Put all ingredients into blender and blend to a fine paste. Chill. - 28.2148
Simple Cranberry Chutney
1. Combine all ingredients in a small heavy-bottomed saucepot.
2. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until all cranberries are broken and have a saucy consistency. - 27.9851
1) In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients.
2) Stir over low heat, until the sugar melts. (Or, microwave on full power for 30 seconds.) - 26.4853
Dry roast coconut in a nonstick fry pan until golden brown.
Set aside to cool.
In dry grinder grind coconut, clove to fine powder, transfer to blender, add water and blend to thin paste. - 26.4093
Mix yogurt with cumin, sugar, salt in serving bowl and refrigerate. - 25.3378
Pineapple Chutney (khatta Mitha)
After taking off the skin of the pineapple , chop it into small pieces and keep. Take a frying pan add little oil and heat it. Put the pineapple pieces and saute them. Add salt and stir again. Add some water and allow the pineapple to cook for a while on open... - 15.2289
Mango Shake With Chocolate Sauce
Twisted Mango Shake is one of my kid's favorite recipe. I always try to make different versions of mango shake for my kids. I am sharing one of the version here which I prepared last week for my little kids. they loved a lot. - 0
Reduced Calorie Baked Paneer In White Sauce
While baked dishes are quite common in continental cuisines, using this form of food preparation in Indian cuisine is a trend slowly catching up. It comes with the advantages of being able to use less fat and retaining flavor and nutritional characteristics... - 0