- » Indian Vegetarian Eggplant
Indian Vegetarian Eggplant Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Indian Vegetarian Eggplant recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Indian Vegetarian Eggplant recipes.
Spicy Eggplant Curry
In India, eggplants are cooked in many ways with loads of spices in it. Another great dish that we have is spicy eggplant curry, its low fat, low calories and tastes extremely delicious. It even pairs well both with rotis and rice, so you don’t need to... - 143.049
If you have never tried this spicy eggplant chutney, you are really missing on a super foodie experience. Eggplant chutney is so yummy, that you would love to use it for your everyday meal. Whenever you prepare, make it in large amount, so that you can store... - 136.09
Indian Baingan Bharta
Indian Baingan Bharta is definitely one of the best Indian eggplant dishes. This roasted eggplant mash is full of amazing flavors coming from the earthy spices. You can use it as a vegan main dish, as a great side dish or even as a spread. Watch this nice... - 135.911
Indian Eggplant Tomato Curry
This Indian eggplant tomato curry is an authentic eggplant preparation, which you should try to bring a variation in your regular menu. Eggplant is a versatile vegetable which can be used in various ways. The gravy is extremely delicious and can be served on... - 133.623
On popular demand Chef Manjula is showing her viewers a very popular Indian curry dry, aloo baingan. It is an Indian eggplant and potato curry dry with some dry powdered spices. It’s a very delicious main dish to serve with rice or Indian bread. A must try... - 124.081
Indian Style Eggplant In Yogurt Sauce
Crispy, spicy baingans cooked in spicy, creamy, smooth yogurt sauce. A nice variation for regular baingan sabzi. It's very aromatic with use of fennel seeds and kasoori methi. Tastes just awesome! - 118.53
Stuffed Eggplant Spicemix
Eggplants are often cooked with spices to go with rice preparations or rotis. Here is a recipe by Madhura to make Stuffed Baingan Masala or Stuffed Eggplant Spicemix with lot of Indian spices along with eggplants. Great with rotis! - 116.763
Indian Dry Baingan Sabji
Very quick and easy recipe and tastes just super delicious. If you are an eggplant lover I am sure you are going to like it. - 110.572
Simple Achari Baingan, Spiced Eggplant
Learn how to prepare simple spiced eggplant dish called achari baingan. Baingan i.e. Brinjal (Eggplant/Aubergine) is cooked along with flavorful Indian spices to yield this delicious dish. - 107.415
Dahi Baingan / Fried Eggplant With Yogurt
Learn how to make this delicious Indian vegetarian recipe using eggplant, yogurt and simple spices. This delicious eggplant curry goes well with rice dishes like biryani or as a side dish with parantha, roti, naan, chapati. - 101.599
Baingan Aloo (eggplant & Potatoes) - Indian Food
1. Place a pan on flame and heat oil in it.
2. Add asafoetida and cumin. Let it splutter.
3. Add green chili, curry leaves, and tomato. Fry well.
4. Stir in turmeric powder, coriander powder, sugar, and red chili powder. Saute until tomato becomes... - 97.3956
Curried Eggplant & Radish Salad
Wanting to prepare a different dinner, easy and quick? Try the spicy curried eggplant garnished with boiled eggs and serve with rice. Team up with radish salad. Try this innovative style of cooking with easy tips from Bhal Dave. - 62.3978
Eggplant And Potato Curry
Eggplant And Potato Curry is a yummy vegetable dish that is perfect for your dinner parties or even a formal get together at home or outside. I am sure you will get hooked to this Eggplant And Potato Curry recipe. - 50.7014
Eggplant Bharta (smoked Eggplant)
Line your gas burner with an aluminum liner or plain aluminum foil.
(If you have an electric stove, place the eggplant under a preheated broiler, and turn it around until it is blackened on all sides, although it will never taste quite as smoky as when done... - 48.7394
1. Wash, wipe dry and slit the brinjals lengthwise into 4-8 pieces, each as desired.
2. Sprinkle some salt and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder, and leave aside for an hour or so.
3. Grind the tamarind in vinegar to a paste.
4. When about to fry, take the... - 48.7294
Baingan Ka Bharta
Apply some oil to an eggplant and cook it in microwave for about 8 minutes. Roast it in a hot pan for about 10 minutes turning in between. Allow it to cooldown. Peel off the skin and either mash it or chop it finely.
Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions. Fry... - 48.3172
Fried Eggplants With Tomato Chutney
Soak the lump of tamarind in 3/4 cup hot water.
Leave at least 4 hours or overnight.
Make paste (about 1/2 cup).
Put onion and garlic in electric blender with 3 tablespoons of water.
Blend at high speed to a smoodi paste (1 minute).
Heat olive oil in 2-quart... - 47.3861
Eggplant In Spicy Tomato Sauce
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Slice the eggplant into halve lengthwise and crosswise into 1 cm (1/2 inch) pieces.
3. Brush 3 tablespoons of the oil on every slice.
4. Take a large broiling tray and arrange the eggplant in single layer.
5.... - 46.9899
Baris Or Vadees With Eggplant And Potatoes
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet or 10-inch heavy-bottomed pot over a medium-high flame.
When hot, put in baris and fry them, turning frequently, for about 2 minutes or until they turn a few shades darker.
(Do not let them get a very dark brown.) Remove them... - 46.8421
Indian Style Eggplant Casserole
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prick eggplant with fork.
Place in baking pan.
Cook, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until soft.
Cut eggplant into 1-inch pieces; scoop out pulp.
Saute cumin seeds and onion in oil in skillet until mixture is light red.
Add chili... - 46.7597
Mix together the lemon juice, salt, and 1 tablespoon of oil.
Brush on both sides of each eggplant slice.
Broil until tender and light brown.
In a nonstick frying pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic,... - 46.6093
Fried Eggplants With Sour Green Chutney
FOR THE CHUTNEY Put parsley and chili in blender with 3 tablespoons water and blend until smooth paste (about 1 minute).
You may need to push parsley down a couple of times.
In a bowl, combine yogurt, salt, roasted ground cumin seeds, lemon juice, and the... - 46.3357
1 In a grinder jar, add garlic, ginger, coriander seeds, salt, cumin seeds, turmeric and chilli powder .
2 Grind into a fine paste.
3 Using a sharp knife, slit the brinjals without removing the stalks.
4 Using a spoon, fill in the paste in the... - 46.2673
Aubergines With Paneer
1) Slice the paneer into cubes and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
2) In a colander, place the aubergine chunks, sprinkle with salt and keep aside for 20 to 30 minutes over a plate or bowl.
3) In a wok, saute the garlic, chillies... - 45.816
Aubergine And Carrot Salad
Wash aubergine and carrots.
Peel aubergine and cut into cubes.
Scrape carrots and dice finely.
Heat ghee in a pan over moderate heat.
Add aubergine and cumin seeds and stir gently.
Sprinkle in a little water, cover pan and cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes... - 45.6239
Curried Brinjal Pickle
1. Wash, wipe dry the brinjals, and cut them into large pieces. Smear 2 teaspoons of salt and leave aside for 2 to 3 hours.
2. If you are using red chillies, soak them in some vinegar along with the turmeric sticks, cumin and mustard seeds till the chillies... - 45.4228
Goan Spiced Aubergine
1) Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas mark 3.
2) In a bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together.
3) Gradually add about 175ml water and whisk to make a thin batter.
4) Season to taste and adjust the seasoning and spices.
5) In... - 45.2248
Set the prepared aubergine and onion dice to one side.
Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan and fry the onion seeds for about 30 seconds before adding the curry leaves, dried red chillies and garlic cloves.
Fry these for another minute, lowering the heat,... - 45.1661
Yogurt With Roasted Eggplant Baigan Ka Bharta
Wash and wipe the eggplant.
Line a burner with an aluminum protector if possible.
Stand the eggplant directly on the gas burner and turn the flame on medium or medium low.
Roast the eggplant on all sides, turning it over carefully.
It should look fairly... - 45.0753
Put 1 1/2 to 2 inches of oil in a wok, karhai, or skillet and heat on medium heat.
Measure out fenugreek, fennel, cumin, and onion seeds and keep handy.
Wash and wipe the eggplants (leave them unpeeled), and slice lengthwise into flat, 1/8-1/6-inch... - 45.0409
Eggplant Chutney And Pita Chips
Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer on a baking sheet; sprinkle with salt.
Place a second baking sheet on eggplant, and place a heavy bowl on top baking sheet to weight it down.
Let stand at room temperature 45 minutes.
Transfer eggplant slices to a... - 44.8879
1. Wash brinjals, breaking the stem; cut them lengthwise in quarters.
2. Heat the oil and fry brinjals till the skin gets a brownish colour.
3. Remove and keep aside.
4. In the same oil fry the coriander seeds, chillies and onions. Grind fried spices with... - 44.596
Egg Plant Masala
1. Cut a big Egg plant in three cylindrical pieces and then cut these in medium thick pieces
2. In a bowl, put the egg plant and mix with 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 3/4 tsp Red Chilli powder, 1 tsp salt, 3 tsps oil.... - 44.5105
Vengna Ne Tooria No Patio
Keep sliced vegetables immersed in salted water till required.
Heat ghee in a pan and fry onions till light brown.
Add half cup water and salt, lower heat and cook till onions are mushy and water has evaporated.
Add ground spices and saute for 2-3... - 44.0014
Baigan Ka Bharta
1)In a wok, heat ghee and fry the cumin, onion and garlic until golden.
2)Add eggplants and tomato and mix well.
3)Then, add the next three ingredients and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat. Stir constantly.
4)Sprinkle coriander and serve... - 43.8322
Brinjal Methi And Aloo Sabzi
In a pan add oil,when it is hot add mustard seeds.
When it starts to splutter add onion and fry till golden brown.
Then add methi leaves,ginger and garlic paste and fry till it turns soft.
Now add brinjal,aloo,tomato,water and allow themto cook and tomato... - 43.3169
* Cook 1 cup basmati rice with 2 cups of water and 1/4 tsp of salt.
* Heat oil in a big non stick pan and add mustard seeds and let it splutter, then add urad dal chana dal, 1 dry red chilli, curry leaves and onions, fry till golden brown.
* Now add the... - 43.2762
Baingan Ka Raita
Roast the whole eggplant under a preheated broiler until soft and the skin is charred—almost black.
Cool under running cold water, then peel off the skin.
Mash the pulp into a fine paste.
Place the yogurt, spices, and salt in a bowl.
Beat until... - 43.235
Baigan Ka Salan
1. Soak the red chillies, mustard and cumin seeds in vinegar and when the chillies have turned soft, grind to a paste adding the rest of the ingredients. Set aside the ground paste.
2. Slit the brinjals full length, then cut into 1-1 1/2" pieces or as... - 42.9523
Vengna Nu Bhurtu
Rub aubergines with a little oil and put them under the grill or in hot ash till skin is brown and slightly burnt.
Cool, peel and wash off all black skin.
Mash aubergines, add all ingredients except oil, curds, and cumin seeds.
Heat remaining oil,... - 42.6316
1 Grill the whole brinjal over charcoal fire or bake in an oven on a wire rack until tender and the skin is burnt.
2 In a bowl of cold water, put the brinjal and remove the skin,.
3 Mash it using the back of a spoon.
4 In another bowl, beat the... - 42.6302
Vengana Ne Dahi Ni Buriani
Mix both ground spices with chillies and coriander.
Divide into two portions.
Rub one half of spices into aubergines, and mix remaining with curds.
Heat ghee in a pan and fry aubergines on very low heat till done.
Add curds and mix well.
Simmer for 1-2... - 42.606
Eggplant & Apricot Chutney
Remove stem of eggplant and discard; cut eggplant into 1/2 inch cubes.
Halve and pit apricots; cut fruit in 1/2 inch pieces.
In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, cook eggplant in oil until lightly browned, 4 to 8 minutes; turn with a spatula... - 41.215
1 Roast whole brinjals over a charcoal fire or grill in an oven placed on a wire rack.
2 Turn them frequently until the skin is burnt and the brinjal is tender.
3 Immerse in cold water and carefully peel the skin.
4 Mash well.
5 In a pan,... - 41.1844
Aloo-baingan (potato-eggplant Curry)
Aloo-Baingan is yet another Indian curry prepared by simmering potatoes and eggplants in a tomato-onion based gravy. Eggplants and potatoes make an absolutely delicious combination and the simmering of these vegetables in this delicious gravy result in a... - 40.6375
Wash and dry aubergines.
Make four slits, keeping stem point intact.
Fill aubergines with ground spices and salt.
Heat ghee or oil in a patia or broad-based pan.
Add aubergines, and any leftover ground spices.
Lower heat, strain in coconut milk and tamarind... - 40.5135
Spicy Stuffed Eggplant
This spicy eggplant dish uses comparatively less oil and it is cooked in a microwave until the final step. - 39.0179
Spicy Tomatoes And Aubergines With Chickpeas
Heat the corn oil in a karahi or deep frying pan, add the diced onion and fry until golden brown.
Lower the heat and stir in the ginger, turmeric, garlic, garam masala, ground coriander and chilli powder.
Pour in the tomatoes and their juice, then the... - 38.3882
This delicious Indian eggplant and rice dish is always a winning combination. - 38.3274
Cut eggplants into 1" cubes .
Cut the red chillies into 3 pieces and crush each flakes of garlic a bit.
Now heat oil in a pan and add garlic and fry till golden.
Now add red chillies and saute for 15 seconds.
Now add eggplant pieces and drumstick pieces... - 37.8049
1. Apply 1/2 tsp oil to the eggplant and bake it in a preheated oven in (500 F) for about 30 minutes. (You can also cook it on a grill)
2. Allow it to cool and peel the outer skin. Nicely mash the pulp.
3. Crush green chillies, salt and asafoetida together... - 34.0846
1. Grill or burn the eggplant on the gas until soft. Peel, wash and mash.
2. Add 1 chopped tomato and blend in a mixer until soft.
3. Place the mixture in a serving bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix well. - 33.5686
Mix spices and salt with 3-4 tbsp water to make a paste.
Apply on both sides of aubergines and allow to marinate for fifteen minutes.
Heat oil in a shallow frying pan and fry a few slices of aubergines at a time, turning once only.
Serve hot with any meat... - 31.358
Tarela Papeta Ne Vengna
Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and chillies.
Fry for 1-2 minutes and add vegetables and salt.
Saute for a few minutes, cover and cook on low heat till vegetables are done.
If it appears to be sticking, add one or two tbsp water. - 30.283
1. Fry the bread in ghee and set aside.
2. Fry onions and add ginger, green chillies and tomatoes in a skillet. Let this mix cook for 5 minutes before adding milk and coriander leaves.
3. Once the milk starts to boil, add the crumbled bread slices and... - 25.285