- » Indian Soup
Indian Soup Recipes
An Indian soup may be created from vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian ingredients depending on the recipe. India is a vast country and most regions have distinct customs, religious customs and strict dietary laws ... More »
African Peanut Soup
1. Place a large pot over heat, pour oil, and sauté onion and pepper in it. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until tender.
2. Throw garlic, stir and cook until fragrant.
3. Add pasta sauce and mix well.
4. Pour vegetable stock and stir.
5. Sprinkle... - 104.185
Soups Galore, My Favorite Soups Part 2
If you are craving for a sip of Indian soup, here it comes! Straight from India, Bhal Dave's style of healthy soups prepared with mung dal to be served with toast. When you want to energise yourself, now you know where to go! - 74.2895
Soups Galore For Summer Or Winter Part 1
Hot and spicy soups are always a favorite. If you love those perfect tasting soups, you will also enjoy cooking it with as much passion with Bhal Dave. He details out each step on how make these variety of soups of different style for lunch or dinner! - 74.1751
Indian Style Red Lentil Soup
Tina is using red lentils for making soup in Indian style. Lentils are good source of vegetable protein. This recipe is hot and spicy with herbs, spices and chilies going into it. Vegetarian friends can use water instead of chicken stock and still enjoy the... - 69.1498
Peanut Soup With Smoked Fish
Are you on a lookout for a yummy recipe to prepare this weekend? Try this wonderful Peanut Soup with Smoked Fish . Watch the chef demonstrate how to get started. Try it now! - 56.7432
Curried Parsnip Soup
This is a tasty soup, with a sweetness of parsnips and slightly spicy flavors of curry powder. These flavors combine together to give such a beautiful soup. This soup is a good winter warmer. - 49.983
Curried Broccoli-apple Soup
Heat 1/2 cup water, broth, or apple juice in a heavy soup pot over medium heat.
Add broccoli, onion, apple, and celery.
Cook and stir over low heat for 10 minutes.
Add more liquid during this process if necessary.
Add 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth, curry... - 49.0935
1. In a slow cooker or crock pot combine vegetables, broth seasonings and butters. Stir until well blended
2. Close pot tightly with its lid.
3. Allow the vegetables to cook on HIGH for about 3 hours, or cook on LOW for about 6 hours, if you are... - 48.9403
1) In a 2 pint bowl, place the vegetables along with 1/2 pint of hot water.
2) On high power, cook covered for 8 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
3) With a slotted spoon, remove the vegetables.
4) In a blender, puree them until smooth.
5) To... - 48.4568
Chicken Peanut Soup
1) Take a 2 ½ quart glass or ceramic casserole Cut the whole chicken into 3 or 4 pieces, discarding the fat.
2)Add the chicken pieces and half the onions into the casserole.
3)Remove the excess salt from the peanuts by rubbing them in a... - 48.3227
Curried Chicken And Apple Soup
1) Spray the Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat it over medium heat.
2) SautÃ© the onion, carrot and celery to make them tender.
3) Put sliced apples along with hot water, bouillon granules and all-purpose flour. Mix them properly.
4) Add this... - 48.141
Chicken Mulligatawny Soup
1) Cut the chicken breasts into 1/2 inch cubes.
2) In a large saucepan, saute the onion and carrots in the butter over a medium heat, then simmer covered over a low heat for about 5 minutes until tender.
3) Stir in the curry powder,... - 47.665
Melt butter in a large kettle; saute onions, carrots, celery and green pepper until tender.
Stir in flour, curry powder, salt and cloves; cook 1 minute.
Gradually add water and Tabasco sauce; mix well.
Add turkey and half the apples; cover and bring to a... - 47.3962
1) For the POP, take a small coffee mill and grind coriander, cumin seed, ginger, cinnamon and turmeric in it to a fine powder.
2) Allow the chicken stock to come to a slow boil and cook the chicken for 25 minutes in the stock until the internal... - 47.3606
Heat oil in a large skillet.
Add chicken pieces; brown lightly.
Melt butter or margarine in a 6-quart pot.
Add onion, carrots, green pepper and apple.
Saute until onion is tender.
In a small bowl, combine flour, curry powder, salt and... - 47.1959
Non Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
Non Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup has a great taste. The blend of curry leaves, garlic, ginger, coriander, cummin, turmeric, chilli and garam masala powder gives the Non Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup a different taste. One should try the Non Vegetarian... - 47.1022
Curried Sweet Potato Soup
1.Pick a kettle, add oil and saute the onions and garlic till soft.
2.Add the spices and stir to release the fragrance.
3.Add the sweet potatoes now,and water. Let simmer till potatoes can be pierced with a knife.
4 Pour this into a blender and... - 47.0249
Calcutta Mulligatawny Soup
1) Wash and pat dry the chicken with paper towels.
2) Arrange all the other ingredients.
3) In flour, roll the chicken pieces, coating completely.
4) Reserve the remaining flour, if any.
5) In large kettle or Dutch oven, heat the butter... - 46.9591
White Mulligatawny Soup
1) Heat fat and oil and sauté onion in it until pale yellow.
2) Stir in curry powder and cornflour followed by water and yeast extract or stock and allow the mixture to boil until thickened.
3) Blend soya flour with a little water.
4) Add almonds and... - 46.9524
1. Clean chicken pieces under running water.
2. In a large heavy pot, place the chicken pieces.
3. Pierce cloves into onion and add it to the chicken.
4. Add celery, carrots, tomatoes, apple, garlic, ginger, parsley, bay leaf, salt, and... - 46.9367
Homemade Chicken Mulligatawny
1) In a saucepan, bring the chicken, water, peppercorns and salt to a boil.
2) Partially cover and cook over a low heat for 1 1/2 hours or until the chicken is tender.
3) Skim off the surface fat occasionally.
4) Grind the turmeric, ginger, coriander... - 46.7874
Mulligatawny In A Pressure Cooker
1. In the cooker heat the dripping or lard, brown the meat, vegetables and apple.
2. Stir in the curry and chili powders and cook for a few minutes.
3. Stir well adding the stock or water and stock cube with a little salt making sure that the cooker is... - 46.7085
Put chicken, soup greens, onion, salt, bay leaf, and water into an electric cooker.
Cover and cook on Low 4 hours.
Remove chicken from cooker and set aside.
Strain broth and reserve 1 cup.
Pour remaining broth into cooker.
Fry bacon in a skillet until lightly... - 46.5627
Curried Parsnip Soup
1. In a small frying pan, dry-fry the cumin and coriander seeds over a moderately high heat for 1-2 minutes. Shake the pan during cooking until the seeds are lightly toasted.
2. Reserve until cooled. Grind the toasted seeds in a pestle and mortar.
3. Heat the... - 46.4648
Curried Chicken And Coconut Milk Soup
Combine the broth, water, garlic, curry paste, and ginger in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, about 30 minutes.
Pour the broth mixture through a coarse sieve into a bowl; discard the solids and set the broth... - 46.3897
Grind the peanuts, a few at a time, in an electric blender.
Do not overgrind or the peanuts will be a paste rather than a meal.
Heat the consomme in a large saucepan.
Stir in the onion, the ground peanuts and the pepper flakes.
Bring to the boiling point and... - 46.2625
Mulligatawny With Meat
1) In a saucepan add all the ingredients together, except the coconut milk, fat and red onions.
2) Boil the mixture and simmer down to 3-4 cups stock.
3) Take out meat and cut the pieces of meat.
4) Strain the stock and reserve.
5) In a skillet heat... - 46.2565
Curried Eggplant Soup
Curried Eggplant Soup blends well with all moods. The savory can be served both hot or cold. Little lashes of curry powder with sautÃ©ed onions & garlic can make Curried Eggplant Soup a unique recipe. Thickened with cream and the scattered oregano gives the... - 45.7725
Curried Split Pea Soup
Cut onion in chunks.
Cut bacon crosswise in 4 sections.
(Use bacon directly from refrigerator so it is still firm.) Using metal blade, process onion, bacon, and garlic with on-off bursts until coarsely chopped.
Turn into a 3-quart saucepan along with peas and... - 45.7263
East Indian Mulligatawny Soup
East Indian Mulligatawney is a curried soup prepared with lots of pepper on a meat base. Finely chopped carrots, diced turnip and peeled tart apple are most important. The Indianized yet western version of East Indian Mulligatawney can be served with rice... - 45.6857
Samish Mirchi Soup
1)In a pan, add mutton, water and salt. Boil for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
2)Using an electric blender make a paste and strain it into another saucepan.
3)In a saucepan, heat ghee and saute onion until golden.
4)Make a paste of spices and add... - 45.569
Mulligatawny With Fish
1) In a saucepan heat oil, add curry leaves, onions, garlic, ginger and fry until golden brown.
2) Mix other spices and fry for 1-2 minute.
3) Stir in coconut milk and remaining ingredients along with stock.
4) Boil the mixture and simmer for 5... - 45.5447
1. Take a pot and add water, chicken and salt and boil the mixture.
2. Cook on slow heat for about an hour until the chicken turns soft.
3. When done remove the chicken from pot, cool and separate meat from bones.
4. Save the stock.
5. Add butter to... - 45.5115
1) In a large saucepan or a Dutch oven, melt the butter.
2) Add the onion and chicken pieces, cover and gently simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the flour.
4) Simmer the mixture for about 40... - 45.4767
1. In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine and sautÃ© apple, onion, carrot and garlic until onion is tender.
2. In a blender jar with cumbing blades, put together apple mixture, water, flour, bouillon cubes, curry powder and salt; process... - 45.4523
Lemon Peanut Soup
Melt butter in a large saucepot or Dutch oven.
Add onion and celery; saute 5 minutes, or until tender, but not browned.
Add flour and mix well.
In another saucepan, heat chicken broth.
Gradually stir hot broth into vegetable mixture.
Cook 30 minutes.
Remove... - 45.4003
Ask butcher to saw shoulder into pieces 2-inches thick.
Rinse meat in cold water, place in large saucepan and cover with cold water.
Bring to boil slowly, skimming when necessary.
Cover and simmer over a low heat for 1 hour.
Skim fat from surface.
Melt butter... - 45.1423
Lamb Mulligatawny Soup
Put the garlic and ginger into the container of an electric blender with 3 tablespoons of water.
Blend at high speed until you have a smooth paste.
Pat dry the pieces of lamb.
Heat the oil in a 2-3-quart pot over medium-high flame, and add the... - 45.1416
Eliza Acton's Vegetable Mulligatawny
1 In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
2 Add in the chopped onions and cook until they're golden brown colour.
3 Meanwhile cut up the marrow into 1 inch (2-5 cm) cubes and peel and dice the potato.
4 Add these to the onions together with... - 45.0418
Mulligatawny With Rice
Wash chicken and put in large kettle.
Add 2 onions, quartered, the celery, carrots, and water.
Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Cook remaining onion, chopped, and the garlic in the butter until golden.
Blend in flour and curry powder.
Add 1... - 44.8701
1.Take a 3 quart saucepan, heat shortening in it and cook meat and onions in it until brown.
2.Stir in 1 1/2 cups water, salt, pepper, garlic powder, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and paprika.
3.Simmer for 1 hour by putting the lid on until the meat turns... - 44.8456
Mulligatwany soup is a soup of Anglo-Indian origin. Seasoned to taste, the mulligatwany soup is spiced with curry powder, mace and cloves. Cooked with vegetables, it also has chicken pieces along with apples in it too. - 44.7497
In large saucepan, combine chicken, water, and next 5 seasonings; cover and simmer 45 min., or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken from broth.
Measure broth; if necessary, add water to make 1 qt.
Remove bones and skin from chicken and cut meat into... - 44.7195
Apple Mulligatawny Soup
The mulligatwany soup is a prepared with vegetables and red gram. Cooked in a microwave, the mulligatwany saoup is filling and can be served as a main course in a meal and is flavored with bay leaf, peppercorns, cloves, sambhar powder and lemon juice. - 44.696
Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
Saute apples, onion, garlic, green pepper, and carrots for 3-4 minutes.
Sprinkle on the flour and curry.
Rub them into the vegetables thoroughly with a wooden spatula, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the stock and bring to a... - 44.5898
Hearty Mulligatawny Soup
Soak the dhal.
Into six cups of boiling water put the dhal, one chopped onion and turmeric powder.
When the dhal gets quite soft, stir and pass it through a sieve.
Grind any dhal left in the sieve and pass it again through the sieve.
Melt the butter and fry... - 44.5852
Cool Curried Chicken Soup
Cook onion and apples in melted butter until soft.
Mix flour with curry; add to first mixture and cook slowly, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
Season with salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne.
Add bouillon and wine and cook slowly for 10 minutes, stirring... - 44.5183
Saute onion, carrot and celery in butter in saucepan until tender.
Stir in flour and curry powder.
Cook for several minutes, stirring constantly.
Add chicken broth to vegetable mixture; mix well.
Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in chicken,... - 44.4219
Curried Chicken And Rice Soup
Combine the chicken stock and water in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
Add the chicken breast and allow to come back to a boil.
Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the chicken is fork tender.
Remove and reserve the... - 44.366
Curried Zucchini And Cilantro Soup
1. Cut the onions into quarters and slice the quarters crosswise; set aside
2. Preheat a five quart pan over medium flame until the rim of the pan is hot to touch
3. Add oil to the five quart pan, wait for a minute and saute garlic,... - 44.2808
Heat chicken, water, salt, curry powder, lemon juice, cloves and mace to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until thickest pieces of chicken are done, about 45 minutes.
Remove chicken from broth; skim fat from broth if necessary.
Add enough... - 44.2789
Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and saute until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Blend in carrot, green pepper celery apple and chicken and saute until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in flour Add cloves, curry... - 44.2582
Bacon Mulligatawny Soup
Mulligatawny Soup has a lovely taste. Mulligatawny Soup gets it taste from chicken mixed with bacon and cream, flavored with curry powder. Mulligatawny Soup is cherished by many people all over the world. - 44.2128
Lemon-flavored Mulligatawny Soup
Add onion, carrot, celery, and apple; stir well.
Cook gently 5 to 6 minutes.
Add curry; cook a few minutes.
Add flour; mix well.
Cook a few minutes to brown slightly.
Add tomato puree and stock; blend well.
Bring slowly to boil; reduce heat.
Add... - 44.1477
Curried Peanut Soup
In a 3 quart pan over medium heat, melt butter.
Add onion, carrot, and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft (about 10 minutes).
Stir in curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in flour and cook for 1 more minute.
Gradually stir... - 44.0159
1) In a medium saucepan, add in 1 cup chicken broth. Add in the carrots and celery and cook for 20 minutes till they become tender. Add in the cooked chicken. Heat till the chicken heats up. Cover the pan to keep warm.
2) In a Dutch Oven, melt butter... - 43.9276
Wash the chicken and combine in a saucepan with the water, peppercorns, and salt.
Bring to a boil, cover loosely and cook over low heat 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
Skim the fat.
Pound together to a paste the turmeric, ginger, coriander, and vinegar.
Melt the... - 43.864
Curried Cream Of Chicken Soup
1) Combine together the margarine, butter and garlic in a medium microwavable bowl. Mix well.
2) Microwave the mixture on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute, till the butter and margarine are melted.
3) Over the butter mixture, sprinkle the flour and stir well... - 43.779
Shyaem has a lovely taste. Shyaem get its taste from mutton mixed with spices and mustard. Shyaem is cherished by meat lovers worldwide. - 43.7394
Curried Mushroom Sauce With Sherry
Combine first 8 ingredients.
Cook until chicken is tender, approximately 1 hour.
Bone and cut up chicken and return meat to stock.
Brown onion in shortening.
Stir in flour, curry powder and salt.
Gradually add chicken stock.
Cook 10 minutes.
Stir in... - 43.6247
In 2-quart casserole, combine meat, water, onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and paprika.
Cook, covered, at HIGH till boiling, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Then cook at MEDIUM (5) for 50 minutes or till meat is tender, stirring... - 43.5398
Curried Split Pea Soup
In a 3-quart pan over medium heat, cook onion, garlic, and bacon until bacon is translucent.
Add split peas and water.
Bring mixture to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer until peas are tender (about 1 hour).
Meanwhile, split carrot lengthwise into 4... - 43.5281
Curried Chicken And Rice Soup
In a large saucepan, combine the stock or broth, carrots, celery, curry powder and pepper.
Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Stir in the rice.
Return to a boil, then reduce the heat.
Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir... - 43.5107
Mulligatawny is a special north indian soup made with vegetables and a meat of choice. This mulligatawny recipe is prepared with vegetables and pieces of tart apples. Spiced and herbed with parsley, the mulligatawny soup can be served over rice. - 43.0185
1. Prepare the vegetables and apples by washing, paring and chopping them.
2. In a pan saute them in fat along with diced chicken until brown.
3. Add flour and seasoning and blend.
4. Adding stock and tomatoes slowly stirring simmer for 1... - 42.937
Cream Of Pumpkin Curry Soup
MELT butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in curry powder, salt, coriander and crushed red pepper; cook for 1 minute.
Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low;... - 42.899
Add onion; simmer about 5 minutes.
Add rest of the ingredients except rice, cornflour, lemon juice and curry powder.
Cook till vegetables are tender.
Remove bag of spices and coriander leaves.
Pass through a sieve.
Mix cornflour with a... - 42.8989
Roughly cut 2 of the apples, celery and onion.
Saute them in a heavy-bottomed saucepan with the butter.
Do not allow to color.
When vegetables are transparent, sprinkle in the curry powder and cook this for 10 minutes on very low heat.
Add the flour and cook... - 42.8269
Curried Carrot And Chive Soup
Melt butter in a large heavy based saucepan.
Add onions, carrots, parsley stalks and garlic.
Sweat over low heat for 4-5 minutes.
Stir in curry powder and cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes.
Add stock, bring to the boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 30... - 42.6523
Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
1. Roast and grind dry masalas to a fine powder.
2. In a pan add the butter and saute onions, carrots, and ginger-garlic paste for about 3 minutes.
3. Add dal, tomato, powdered masalas, haldi and 5 cups of water. Cover the pan and cook on high heat till... - 42.3793
Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup has a brilliant taste. The essence Lemon juice gives the Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup a bracing taste. - 42.2213
Mulligatawny Soup With Raisins
Soak the lentils in cold water overnight; rinse and drain.
Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and fry until browned.
Stir in the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic, lentils and remaining ingredients, with salt and... - 42.1078
Colonial Peanut Soup
In a medium saucepan melt the butter and saute the onion and celery until transparent.
Blend in the flour.
Add the stock and bring it to a boil.
Remove the pan from heat.
Pour the stock through a strainer.
Return the stock to the pan.
Reserve the vegetables... - 42.1008
Curried Eggplant Soup
Trim and peel eggplant.
Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
Heat oil in a saucepan.
Stir in onion powder and curry powder.
Continue stirring 1-2 minutes.
Add eggplant and the 4 cups broth.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until eggplant is very soft, 30-40... - 41.8399
In a large heavy saucepan, melt the margarine over moderate heat.
Add the onion, carrot, apple, celery, and green pepper and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
Blend in the flour and curry powder and cook, stirring, 1 minute... - 41.8355
1) In a skillet, heat oil and saute until soft but not brown.
2) Stir in flour and seasoning.
3) Mix peanut butter to it.
4) Stir in milk and gently mix.
5) Cook and stir mixture until thick and boiling.
6) Mix tomato juice and bring to... - 41.751
Classic Mulligatawny Soup With Rice
1. In a pan in butter lightly saute the onion, carrots and celery .
2. Then stirring in the flour and curry powder continue to cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock, rice and salt and let it simmer for 1/2 hour.
4. Adding the remaining... - 41.7333
Yucatan Peanut Soup
1. In a saucepan, over medium temperature, heat oil and add yams, garlic, and chilies; sautÃ© for about 5 minutes.
2. Add 1 1/2 cups water, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until yams are soft.
3. Put the mixture into a blender container and... - 41.5778
Curried Split Pea Soup
1. Take a large kettle and add yellow split peas, water, bacon strips, onion and garlic clove.
2. Cover and cook over low heat until the peas are tender.
3. Stir in carrots, celery, curry powder and tomatoes.
4. Cover and continue to cook over low... - 41.5157
Creamy Peanut Soup
Creamy Peanut Soup is a very easy to prepare delicious recipe. Enjoy this amazingly delicious Creamy Peanut Soup; I am sure you would love to share your experience with me. - 41.4174
Classic Curried Cream Of Chicken Soup
Melt the butter in a pot.
Add onions, carrots and curry powder and cook over low heat, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes; stir occasionally.
Add the stock, parsley, chicken and rice.
Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat, and cover.
Cook at a... - 41.1638
Fall Peanut Soup
In a heavy 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the celery, onion, and carrot until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add the flour and stir until incorporated.
Continue to cook and stir for 3 minutes.
Add the chicken stock... - 41.1617
Chilled Mulligatawny Soup
1) Peel onion and finely chop.
2) Scrape carrot and finely chop.
3) In a large pan melt butter over moderate heat. Cook onion and carrot till onion is transparent.
4) Sift flour and curry powder together. Add to the vegetables. Cook on... - 41.0825
This Peanut Soup is the best of all the peanut soups that I've ever tasted ! Try out the Peanut Soup for lunch today and tell me if you've enjoyed it ! Your suggestions are welcome ! - 41.0227
Re Curried Chicken Soup
1) In a saucepan, cook the leftovers, coconut milk, vegetables and broth over a medium-low heat.
2) Allow the mixture to simmer and cook for about 5 minutes until thoroughly heated.
3) Stir in the tomato juice or lemon juice at the last minute of... - 40.9614
Cream Of Curry Soup
Melt butter; cook onion and apple gently 5 to 6 minutes to soften without browning.
Stir in curry powder; cook 1 minute.
Remove from heat.
Sprinkle in flour; blend well.
Add rice, stock, chutney, and coconut; bring to boil, stirring constantly.
Reduce... - 40.9369
Beef Mulligatawny Soup
Heat the oil in a pan.
Fry the meat, onion, carrot and apple gently.
Stir in the curry powder and flour and slowly add the stock and seasoning.
Bring to the boil and add the rice, chutney and lemon juice.
Transfer to the Slo cooker and cook for recommended... - 40.831
Creamy Peanut Soup
Stir-fry sesame seeds and peanuts in a wok over low heat until golden.
Remove from wok with a large spoon and place in blender.
Add 2 cups water.
Blend at high speed until smooth.
Strain mixture through a double thickness of cheesecloth into a large... - 40.746
In large saucepan cook onion and curry powder in shortening til) onion is tender but not brown.
To cooked onion add chicken, apple, carrot, celery, and green pepper.
Cook mixture, stirring occasionally, till vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5... - 40.7045
The day before your party, heat the oil and brown chicken pieces.
Add 1 quart broth or water plus 2 teaspoons salt.
Add bay leaves and cover.
Simmer until chicken is tender, about 40 minutes for fryers, 1 1/2 to 2 hours for fowl.
Drain and refrigerate... - 40.6458
Saute onions, carrots, celery, chicken, and apple in margarine in deep kettle or Dutch oven, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except milk or half-and-half.
Simmer covered, 1/2 hour or until tender.
Just before serving... - 40.1453
Curried Parsnip Soup
Melt the butter in a large pan, stir in the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the onions and parsnips and cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the stock, and salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to the boil and cook for 25 to 30 minutes,... - 39.3684
Kali Mirchi Pani
Kali Mirchi Pani has a yumlogical taste. The peppercorns,curry leaves and ginger gives the Kali Mirchi Pani a smoothing taste. It is must catch it. - 39.3607
In 3-quart casserole, cook onion, curry, and shortening, covered, at HIGH for 2 minutes or till tender, stirring once.
Stir in chicken, apple, celery, carrot, and green pepper.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 5 minutes or till vegetables are tender, stirring... - 39.3482
Georgia Peanut Soup
Combine chicken stock, celery, salt, onion, butter, and peanut butter in slow-cooking pot.
Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours.
Add milk and flour that has been dissolved in 1/4 cup water.
Cook on high 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring... - 39.187
Curried Split Pea Soup
Combine peas, juice, water, pork, onion powder, and garlic powder in a Dutch oven.
Cook gently until peas are tender, about 1 hour.
Add celery, carrots, curry powder, and salt.
Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.
Add more liquid if needed.
Just... - 38.9737
Melt butter or margarine in blazer pan of chafing dish over direct high flame.
Add carrot, celery, onion, and garlic to butter or margarine; cook until vegetables are tender, stirring often.
Add apple; cook until tender.
Stir in flour, salt, curry powder,... - 38.8744
Curried Sweet Potato Soup
Curried Sweet Potato Soup has a fine taste. The Chilli powder and milk gives the Curried Sweet Potato Soup a two dimensional taste. You should try it. - 38.466
1. In a blender or food processor, puree the onion, garlic and ginger with the cayenne, coriander, cumin and turmeric to a smooth paste, scraping down the sides of the jug or bowl with a wooden or plastic spatula from time to time.
2. Heat the oil in a large... - 38.2439
Curried Carrot Peanut Soup
Slice carrots; put in a 4 to 5-quart pan with 3 cups of the broth.
Cover, bring to a boil, then simmer rapidly over medium-high heat until carrots are very tender when pierced, 25 to 30 minutes.
Drain, reserving liquid.
Whirl carrots in a blender or food... - 38.098
Indian Soup Recipes By Category