- » Indian Salad
Indian Salad Recipes
Indian salad, as the name suggests, is the common term used for the salads that are typical to the country India. Salads are very common to Indian cuisine and can be eaten at almost any time of the day. Considered to ... More »
1) Soak beans overnight.
2) Make tamarind pulp.
3) Boil beans with turmeric, green chillies and all the spices until soft.
4) Take a wok and heat oil. Add mustard seeds and asafoetida to it.
5) Then add ground onions, ginger and garlic.... - 46.2754
To make saffron sugar, grind sugar, saffron, cardamom pods to very fine powder in dry grinder, keep aside.
To make chakka, drape muslin over sieve, spoon yogurt in centre of cloth, draw four corners together, secure with string, set aside to drain overnight... - 42.7834
Put the chickpeas and potato in a bowl.
Roast the pomegranate seeds and grind in a spice grinder.
Mix the seeds with sugar, lemon juice, coriander, garam masala and chilli powder.
Then pour over the chickpeas; mix well.
Add the onion, garnish with green... - 41.9328
1. Mix yoghurt, cumin, salt and sugar, chill in refrigerator.
2. Stir in rice bubbles just before serving.
3. Sprinkle on top with paprika and garnish with fresh coriander. Serve cold, not suitable for freezing. - 31.325
Soak horse gram dal whole night. Tie it in a muslin cloth and allow it to sprout. Usually it takes one day. Cook this sprouted dal in pressure cooker adding enough water. Cut onions and tomatoes into small pieces. Heat oil in a pan, add seasonings ... - 28.8072
You May Also Like!
Indian Cantaloupe Salad
How about some spiced up fruit salad for a change. Watch this video recipe of Indian Cantaloupe Salad and try it out. This recipe uses some Indian spices to add punch to this dish. - 122.572
Indian Curry Salad
In basin combine French dressing, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and curry powder.
Cut cauliflower into small flowerets, mix with cooked, drained rice; pour the combined dressing over and marinate 11/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Shell prawns, cut... - 34.6193
Indian-style Fruit Salad
Tropical fruits grow plentifully in India and are commonly used in desserts. This recipe livens up popular fruits with the use of fragrant Indian spices. Very ripe, sweet fruits are important for this dish; if ripe pears and peaches are not available, used... - 35.6783
Indian Cucumber Yogurt Salad
Combine the yogurt, mint, cumin, salt, coriander, and cayenne in a medium bowl.
Add the cucumber and mix well - 25.6906
Kachumber - Indian Salad
1. In a small bowl, add in all the finely chopped and shredded vegetables.
2. Add in the finely chopped cilantro and season it with roasted cumin powder, salt, lemon juice and red chili powder. Toss well.
3. Serve the bowl of kachumber with 2... - 118.621
Indian-style Red Kidney Bean Summer Salad
Summer is the time for light, nutritious, colorful salads which require little or no cooking! This bean salad recipe gives you summer in a bowl! This cold salad is healthy, mildly spiced, vibrant and full of flavors, perfect to accompany your main or good... - 110.129
Fruit Salad With Milk And Custard (indian Dessert)
There is nothing better than having a fresh fruit salad. Chef Bhavna shows us how to make the fruit salad in an innovative way. The combination of the fruits with the custard milk tastes so yummy. This serves as a great dessert. Do try out this recipe and... - 108.903
East Indian Peach Salad
Combine yogurt, curry powder and 1 tablespoon reserved peach syrup in small bowl; set aside.
Combine peaches, ham and grapes in medium bowl.
Add yogurt mixture; toss gently to coat well. - 25.2819
Indian Peach Salad
This Indian Peach Salad tastes simply awesome ! I tried this amazing peach, bird, and cucumber platter with mint yogurt seasonings with my pasta and the result was mind blowing ! Just taste this Indian Peach Salad yourself and let me know if you like it ! - 38.8552
1. In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook brown rice; drain and cool under running cold water.
2. Drain well after the last rinse.
3. Finely dice onion, pepper and mushrooms.
4. In a bowl, mix together diced vegetables and stir in... - 43.8274
Indian Spiced Vegetable Salad
Scrape the okra and cut into 1 cm (1/2 inch) pieces or dice zucchini.
Mix the tamarind pulp or lemon juice with the water.
Peel and dice the potato, finely chop the onion, crush the garlic.
Heat oil in a large saucepan and saute the spices for a minute, then... - 44.232
Indian Cabbage Salad
1. Shred cabbage fine. Chop green chillies, onions and coria leaves.
2. Mix all ingredients together. - 30.845
East Indian Rice Salad
1) In a large non-stick pan, heat oil and saute the bay leaf and onions for 5 minutes.
2) Mix in the carrots and saute for a further 5 minutes.
3) When the onions have browned and the carrots have become soft, add in the cooked rice, Swiss Chard,... - 46.9329
Indian Spinach Salad
In a jar combine vinegar, oil, chutney, sugar, salt, curry powder and mustard.
Cover and chill.
Place torn spinach in large salad bowl; top with apple, raisins, peanuts and green onion.
Shake dressing well; pour over salad and toss. - 33.9826
Indian Summer Salad
1. In a salad bowl, combine all the vegetables and mint leaves. Keep aside or in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
2. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, mustard and mayonnaise. Whisk with a fork or wire whisk until smooth.
3. Pour in the oil in a... - 38.4003
Indian Salad Recipes By Category