- » Indian Root Vegetable
Indian Root Vegetable Recipes
Enjoy our collection of indian root vegetable recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for indian root vegetable recipes.
Maharashtrian Upasachi Batata Bhaji
Very nice and tasty variation for regular aloo dish. This aloo sabzi tastes fabulous with yogurt on the side. Very simple and fatafat recipe! - 100.859
Potato Fritters With Sambhar
Sambhar is a native dish of South India popular in other parts of the country to go well with snacks. Chef Madhura shows how to make Batata Vadas or Potato fritters that are great when served with hot vegetable sambhar. Good as a breakfast or snack! - 92.9158
Instant Potato Halwa
Done to death with carrot and suji halwa? Now add a new halwa to your culinary repertoire with potato halwa. An absolute cinch to make, you can easily prepare this tongue-tickling dessert at home with the help of this video wherein Chef Bhal Dave explains... - 59.795
Wash poha twice and drain.
Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
When they splutter add urad dal and fry till light golden.
Now add the curry leaves and saute for 10 seconds.
Now add the onions and turmeric powder and saute till onions turn to light... - 48.8552
Batata bhaji is a simple Maharashtrian savory potato dish with an amazing blend of flavours imparted by asafoetida, cumin, curry leaves and corainder leaves. Batata bhaji tastes best with puri and is a must have on all occasions including Ganesh Chaturthi. - 45.7169
1. Wash sago and soak in water for few hours.
2. Keep aside and drain out water.
3. Wash poha and soak in milk.
4. Ground peanuts smoothly.
5. In a skillet heat 3 tablespoon oil and toss mustard, cumin and asafoetida.
6. When seeds stop... - 44.6048
Sev Batata Puri
Sev Batata Puri is undoubtedly a very popular North-Indian snack/appetizer. Also Sev Batata Puri is an extremely commom road-side snack in Mumbai and other such Indian Metropoliton Cities. If you have all the ingredients readily available at home, then its... - 44.308
To make puris sift flour and salt on a thali.
Make a well in the centre and pour in hot oil.
Incorporate with flour and add water to make a pliable dough.
Knead well and roll out into a thin circle.
Cut two-inch rounds with a biscuit cutter and prick all over... - 44.2608
Malay Bocalhau Com Batatas
1) Preheat the oven 400 °F.
2) For the dried cod, soak it for about 12 hours in cold water, refreshing the water every 2 hours.
3) In a non-stick pan, saute the onions, pepper, garlic and tomatoes.
4) In a pot, boil the water and... - 42.3359
1. Wash potatoes thoroughly.
2. Peel and cut into strips 1.25 cm. (1/2") in length.
3. After squeezing out all water, apply salt and set aside for 10 minutes.
4. Fry the potato pieces in oil till golden and set aside.
5. Roast red chillies, fenugreek, mustard... - 40.416
Batata Chilli Fry
1. Boil and peel potatoes and cut into 2.5 cm. (1") cubes.
2. Grind chillies, grated coconut and tamarind.
3. Add ground spices, salt and jaggery (with sufficient water to cover potatoes) to the potato cubes.
4. Keep on fire. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 to... - 39.9317
1. Wash and cut vegetables, green chillies, and potatoes, and boil.
2. Crush the pepper, cinnamon, cloves and salt and add to vegetables.
3. When vegetables are properly cooked, add thick coconut milk and keep on fire till it boils.
4. Lower heat and let the... - 38.3116
1. Wash, boil, peel and cut potatoes into large pieces.
2. Grind into a fine paste, chillies; tamarind and grated coconut.
3. Add ground spices to the potatoes with enough water to barely cover so -uds.Add salt.
4. Bring to boiling point. Reduce heat and... - 37.566
Grilled Swordfish And Avocado Salad Bata Style
1. Place the fish in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice, the lime juice, vinegar, chile salsa, onion, minced coriander and salt. Let marinate at room temperature, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes.
2. Light the charcoal or... - 37.3399
Batata Powva has a lovely taste. The Green chillies and turmeric powder gives the Batata Powva a fiery taste. - 37.266
1. Peel and cut potatoes into thin pieces 3.75 cm. (1 1/2") long.
2. Wash thoroughly. Drain and add salt and tamarind pulp.
3. Heat oil. Add slightly crushed garlic arid when golden brown add broken red chillies.
4. Stir well. Then add the potatoes and keep... - 36.7018
Katu Batata Rassa
Heat oil in pan, saute onion until golden brown.
Add potato, cashew nuts, turmeric, chilli, salt, cover, cook on low until potatoes are cooked.
Add coconut liquid, bring to boil and simmer for 1 minute.
Adjust salt, chilli to taste, remove from heat. - 36.315
Kaanda Batata has a lovely taste. Kaanda Batata gets its taste from potatoes mixed with chili powder and mustard seeds. Kaanda Batata is loved by many people. - 36.2023
Radish Stuffing For Paratha
This Stuffing for parathas is simply exquisite ! Knowing the health benefits of radish, I was asked to eat it as a salad, but I could not digest it raw. SautÃ©ing the vegetable a bit with seasonings and stuffing it in parathas seems to be a great way in... - 35.6923
Batata Ne Tomatoes
1. Heat fat. Fry mustard seeds.
2. Add peeled and diced potatoes and fry.
3. Add a little water and cook till potatoes are nearly done and water has been absorbed.
4. Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
5. Cook on a slow heat until tomatoes are well... - 35.0232
1. Wash, boil, peel and cut potatoes into cubes.
2. Chop onions, chillies and coriander leaves.
3. Add grated coconut, chopped ingredients, lime juice and salt to the potato pieces. Mix well. - 33.8973
1. Wash, boil and peel the potatoes.
2. Heat oil and fry potatoes.
3. Grind chillies and tamarind.
4. When potatoes are fried add chillies, tamarind, salt and enough water to make a thick gravy.
5. Reduce fire and cook potatoes till gravy is thick. - 32.5188
Matar Batata is easy to make and has a fine taste. Matar Batata gets its taste from peas and potatoes mixed in garam masala and chili powder. Matar Batata is inspired by many food joints across the world. - 30.7109
Grounded Poppy seeds with spices. Eat with plain rice and pickle. - 27.8875
Yam fry is similar to other root vegetable fry and can be eaten just like potato fries because of its crispiness. However, it is also eaten with rotis. If eaten as a snack, it tastes good with tomato ketchup. Check out the recipe for its preparation. - 0
Ubadiyu Or Umbadiyu - Spicy Seasonal Vegetables
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add and combine together the ginger, garlic and green chilli paste with salt, sesame seeds, coriander cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, carom seeds, curry... - 0
Indian Root Vegetable Recipes By Category
Indian Root Vegetable Ingredient: