- » Indian Red Pickle
Indian Red Pickle Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Indian Red Pickle recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Indian Red Pickle recipes.
Stuffed Red Chilli Pickle
Remove the stem of the chillies and then the seeds from the stem side with the back of a hairpin.
Wet all the ingredients with lemon juice and a little oil which has been heated and cooled.
Fill the masala tightly in the chillies, pack them in ajar and over... - 34.4157
Stuffed Red Chilli Pickle
The stuffed red chili pickle is spiced chili pickle recipe. Made with spices like cumin, mustard and aniseed, the stuffed red chili pickle is flavored with lemon juice to taste and sealed with oil. - 37.8185
Indian Cauliflower Pickle
Want a tasty addition to you meal? Pickles are great to jazz up a simple Indian meal. Manjula is going to show cauliflower pickle recipe in a very simple way. It has goy a strong delicious taste like any other Indian pickle. This winter buy the best... - 119.568
Indian Lime Pickle
Flavorsome and interesting with the ingredients you like, this Lime Pickle goes pretty much with any meal of the day. Quick and easy, try out this wonderful recipe for Lime Pickle to fall in love with your meal everytime you have it! - 43.9348
Indian Carrot Pickle
1. Scrape, wash and cut the carrots into 1" pieces.
2. Soak all the masalas in 3/4 cup vinegar for 1 hour or so, then grind to a paste.
3. Heat the oil, add the ground paste and fry on low heat until the oil surfaces.
4. Add the salt, sugar and the remaining... - 40.8978
Indian Hot Mango Pickle
Wash the mangoes and cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces, discarding the seeds.
Rub the salt on the pieces and leave overnight.
Squeeze out all the liquid from the pieces, then leave to dry for a minimum of 6 hours.
Heat the oil and fry all the whole spices for... - 42.249
South Indian Mango Pickle
Have you always wanted to make pickle at home? Here is a South Indian mango pickle recipe and tips that you could follow and make it right in your kitchen. So now you can say bye to the store bought pickles and actually customise it to your individual tastes.... - 39.5804
South Indian Lemon Pickle
South Indian lemon pickle is a spiced lemon pickle. Popular throughout South India, the south indian lemon pickle is spiced with chili peppers and fenugreek along with mustard and has sugar for sweetness. Tangy, peppy and sweet to taste, it goes great with... - 34.1232
Stuffed Sour Mango Pickle
This stuffed sour mango pickle or khatte aam ka achar is a special pickle made with raw mangoes. Popular throughout the Northern India, the stuffed sour mango pickle is prepared with a spice mix of fenugreek, red chili pepper, turmeric, and aniseeds. sealed... - 43.8484
How To Make Pickles From Green Chilies
Tired of having shop bought pickles? Try making at home with guidance from Bhal Dave who shows easy process to make and store pickles. The pickles goes well with snacks and as side dish. Try it out immediately! - 72.7898
How To Make Pickles From Green Plums
Be it picnic or potluck, you need yummy pickles to jazz up your meals. If you are game for something different, just safely opt for plum pickles. Prepared with green, tart plums, this pungent delight makes for a luscious addition to your meals. Chef Bhal... - 77.3549
Instant Mango Pickle - Zatpat Aam Achar
1. In a bowl, add all the ingredients for the dry masala except the olive oil and mix well.
2. Take the bowl with raw mangoes and add the dry masala, oil and coat it well using a spoon or hand.
3. Once done refrigerate the pickle and use it within... - 116.832
1. Wash and clean the cauliflower. Break into small florets; chop the stem and thick portions.
2. Wash, scrape and cut the ginger into slivers.
3. Cut two lemons into pieces and extract juice of the other two lemons. Keep aside.
4. Boil the water with salt,... - 47.0917
Sweet Turnip And Carrot Pickle
The sweet turnip and carrot pickle is a vegetable pickle. Made with shalgam and gajar, as popularly known in India, the sweet turnip and carrot pickle is a cooked pickle and is flavored with spices like ginger, garlic, cumin and chili peppers along with... - 38.985
Tasty Mixed Vegetable Pickle
1. Wash the vegetables. Cut away the stem of the cauliflower and break into small florets. Cut the carrots into pieces of desired size. Shell the peas.
2. Tie the vegetables in a clean cloth, immerse in boiling water and allow to parboil for three to five... - 42.298
Sweet Hot Mango Pickle
1. Prepare the mango pieces, sunning them.
2. Fry the chillies and asafoetida in a little oil. Cool, then add the mustard seeds and powder. To this, add any left-over turmeric powder and salt. Mix and keep aside.
3. Add some water to the jaggery, and make a... - 40.5363
1. Wash, wipe dry and slit the brinjals lengthwise into 4-8 pieces, each as desired.
2. Sprinkle some salt and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder, and leave aside for an hour or so.
3. Grind the tamarind in vinegar to a paste.
4. When about to fry, take the... - 48.5145
Aam Ki Chutney - Golkeri - Sweet Mango Pickle
If you're interested in making mango pickle, then do check this out. Chef Bhavna shows how to make mango pickle step by step. The pickle is a combination of sweet and spicy flavour. You can enjoy the pickle with your meal. Do check out the video for the... - 92.6349
Cajun Style Spicy Mango Pickle
1. Wash, wipe dry and cut each mango into 8-10 pieces. Discard the seeds. Sprinkle some salt and turmeric powder, mix thoroughly, put mango pieces into a jar and sun for 3-4 days until they get a little soft.
2. Remove water from the pieces by straining.... - 40.5735
Sweet Mango Pickle
This sweet mango pickle is a spiced and sweetened fruit pickle. Commonly kam meetha aam ka achar, the sweet mango pickle is a very poplar pickle in India and is made with a medley of spices mixed together with the mango. It is sundried before being ready for... - 32.9675
Homemade Lemon Pickle Hot And Spicy
There is nothing quite like hot and spicy lemon pickles to complement your parathas. Chef Bhal Dave tells you what a child's play pickling lemon is. Just get the ingredients and their proportions right, and there's no stopping you from wowing the world with... - 72.7479
Sweet Tinda Pickle
The sweet tinda pickle is a spiced and sweet vegetable pickle. Made with tinda or ridge gourd, it is prepped with a medley of spiced and has onions in it too. Sweetened with jaggery, it is a cooked pickle and is set in the sun once prepared to mature. - 40.8884
1. Peel the onions, but keep them whole. Put them into a thick bottomed pan, add all the ingredients, and boil for 10-12 minutes or until the onions are tender.
2. Remove, cool thoroughly and bottle. - 34.0948
Aam Ka Achar - Hot Mango Pickle
To all those who enjoy eating Indian pickles will relish this. For most Indians pickle is an important part of their meal. If you want to preserve it for a longer time, then do refrigerate it. Watch the video for the recipe of this tasty pickle. - 96.4462
Quick Bitter Gourd Pickle
1. Wash, wipe dry and slit the gourds. Remove the seeds, and cut into 1" pieces. Put into pan. Add 1/4 cup vinegar and boil for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
2. Mix the ground paste with the rest of the vinegar. Add the salt and jaggery, and boil a further 3-8... - 37.0228
Nimbu Achar - Hot Lemon Pickle
Those who are fond of eating pickles will surely relish this one. The chef makes the recipe easy to follow by her useful tips. She makes the spicy version but you can make sweet lime pickle as well by adding sugar. Your family and guests will enjoy it. Do... - 100.562
Nimbu Achar (lemon Pickle) - Traditional And Sweet
If you're in the mood of making some Indian pickles, then you must try this lemon pickle. Chef Bhavna shows the traditional way of making lemon pickle and you can store it the whole year at room temperature. Watch the video for the detailed recipe. - 95.4286
Stuffed Sour Mango Pickle
Stuffed Sour Mango Pickle is a mouthwatering dish that brings back fond childhood memories. I still remember my mom cooking this spicy pickle and storing it up for a whole month. Try this wonderful Stuffed Sour Mango Pickle recipe. - 42.6681
Mix the powdered spices and crushed seed mixture together.
Mix gourd slices, ginger, garlic, chillies, lemon juice or vinegar and salt.
Place in a sterile airtight jar, with a non-metallic lid.
Shake well, keep aside.
Shake twice a day for 2-3 days.
Drain out... - 41.1332
Kangra Mango Pickle
Skin, deseed and cut mangoes into fingers.
Place in a thali and apply a little mustard oil to them.
Roast methi over a slow fire on a griddle and powder fine.
Crush raw ajwain to a rough powder.
Apply these with salt, chilli and turmeric powders to mango... - 41.2189
This chili pickle or mirchi ka achar is a green chili pickle recipe. Popular throughout North India, the chili pickle is made with spices like fenugreek, chili powder, cumin and turmeric. Seasoned and combined together, the chili pickleis sealed and stored,... - 36.734
Hamida Begum's Stuffed Lime Pickle
1) Into a large bowl, squeeze the juice of 100 of the limes, cover with lid, and retain.
2) In a mortar,pound the red chiles fine or process them in a food processor or in batches in a blender and keep aside.
3) Into a large saucepan or... - 41.7065
Lotus Stem Pickle
Lotus stem pickle or kamal kakri ka achar is a spiced pickle made from fresh lotus stems. Spiced with red chili pepper, mustard, turmeric and sealed with oil, the lotus stem pickles are quite exotic and peppy. - 26.9304
Mango pickle can go with a variety of different foods such as vegetarian, fish or meat. It complements the main dish and is delicious. - 41.8391
Stuffed Lemon Pickle
The stuffed lemon pickle is a spicy and peppy lemon pickle. Made with fresh lemons stuffed with a medley of spices like chili peppers, coriander powder, ginger, cinnamon and cardamoms, the stuffed lemon pickle is a cooked pickle. Sealed and set to mature in... - 37.775
Kachalu pickle is called a taro pickle in english. Spiced with garlic, ajwain and chili pepper, the kachalu pickle or taro pickle is simple and savory and goes well with all sorts of meals. - 30.6212
The arbi pickle is a spiced taro pickle. Made with a medley of spices like aniseed, chili pepper, fenugreek seeds and nutmeg to taste, the arbi pickle is a cooked pickle and can be stored but has a short shelf life in the summer. - 39.9131
Lemon Pickle - 2
wash and dry lemons.
Squeeze juice from 5 lemons.
Cut the remaining 15 lemons. (each lemon into 16 pieces).
Plce the lemons and lemon juice together in a air tight glass container. Add salt and mix well. Keep covered with a lid for 2-3 weeks. Make sure to mix... - 33.5315
wash and dry lemons.
Squeeze juice from 5 lemons.
Cut the remaining 15 lemons. (each lemon into 16 pieces). Place it in a bowl and keep aside.
Dry roast all the spices one by one. First dry roast dry red chillies till crisp over a low heat. Then dry roast... - 39.1181
Hot & Spicy Mixed Vegetable Pickle
1. Wash the vegetables, and drain the water thoroughly. Break the cauliflower into florets, cut the beans into one inch pieces, and the carrots into cubes.
2. Mix the salt with two cups of water. Add the vegetables and keep these overnight in a ceramic... - 42.333
1. Extract the juice from 12 lemons, add a pinch of salt and set aside.
2. Boil some water. Add a pinch of turmeric powder, add the rest of the lemons, and boil for two minutes Remove the lemons from the water. Wipe with a cloth and allow to cool.
3. Dry... - 38.603
Spicy Mixed Vegetable Pickle
1. Prepare the pickle masala as follows: heat the oil, add the fenugreek powder and asafoetida, and fry. To this, add the rest of the masalas, salt and mix thoroughly. Set aside until needed.
2. Wash and cut the cauliflower and carrots into small pieces along... - 45.5373
Cut pumpkin, with skin, into long slices.
Immerse in hot water for 10 minutes.
Put in a strainer to drain the water and cool.
Mix all the ingredients with oil and coat the pumpkin pieces with it.
Put in a clean jar and leave it in a warm place for 3 days and... - 32.8847
Boil the arbi in salted water until nearly tender.
Strain and cool.
Peel and press a little.
Fry in very hot oil until brown.
Remove from the fire, add vinegar, ground spices, aniseed, red chilli powder, methi, salt, lemon juice, grated nutmeg, mace and cook... - 40.0919
Mixed Vegetable Pickle
1 Wash the vegetables.
2 Peel and cut the vegetables (carrots into long slices, cauliflower into medium pieces, round slices of turnip in medium thickness).
3 In a pan, blanch the vegetables in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes.
4 Drain out... - 40.4587
Pumpkin pickle or kaddu ka achar is a spiced vegetable pickle. Made with spices like turmeric, mustard and red chili peppers along with fenugreek, the pumpkin pickle is matured by setting it in the sun before it is ready for use. - 32.0508
Lemon Pickle In Oil
Yummy homemade Lemon Pickle In Oil is another thing all together. Surprise your guest and you family with your homemade Lemon Pickle In Oil which compliments any meal. I am sure they would not have tasted anything like it! - 43.7018
This garlic pickle or lehsun ka aachar is one of my favorite pickles of choice. Made with red chilies and spices like turmeric, cumin, fenigreek and mustard, the garlic pickle is a cooked pickle and can be stored for a long time for use. - 44.853
Ladyfinger pickle or bhindi ka achar is a peppy and savory pickle recipe. Made with fresh ladyfingers, this vegetable pickle is cooked with a stuffing of spices like turmeric, red chili pepper, fenugreek, asafoetida and cumin along with curry leaves and lemon... - 41.305
Bitter Gourd Pickle
Place the bitter gourd pieces in a thali and sprinkle lightly with fine salt.
Take a large pan and add 1 cup of oil and place on medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and allow them to pop. Then lower the heat and add the ambe-halad and turmeric strips, chilli... - 32.3399
Onion pickle is a savory and spicy pickle recipe made with small onions. This onion pickle or pyaaz ka achar is a peppy pickle recipe spiced with chili pepper, amchoor, cumin, aniseed and mustard amongst others. Sealed with oil and matured for sometime, it is... - 38.659
Bitter Gourd Pickle
1. Wash and slit the gourds, remove the seeds and cut into 1" pieces.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a kadai, and add the curry leaves and gourd pieces along with the turmeric powder. Fry on low heat till lightly browned. Remove from kadai and set aside.
3.... - 38.0758
Sweet And Sour Lemon Pickle
Sweet and sour lemon pickle or khatta meetha nimbu ka achar is a peppy and savory lemon pickle made with fresh lemons. A cooked pickle, the sweet and sour lemon pickle is prepared simply with red chili powder, cloves and cinnamon for taste in syrup. - 33.7023
Wash and peel brinjals.
Cut off upper stalks and split them in quarters.
Peel and slice ginger thinly.
Split green chillies.
Grind red chillies, cummin, mustard and fenugreek seeds in a little vinegar.
Heat oil in a pan and fry ginger and masala to a red... - 43.6338
Green Peas Pickle
Grind chillies, turmeric, salt and mustard seeds.
Add garlic and cover pan till they are reddish.
Add peas and masala.
Remove from fire.
Add lemon juice.
Bottle when cool.
Keep in the sun for 4 days.
Will keep for one month. - 40.6936
Hot Lemon Pickle
The hot lemon pickle is a spicy pickle made with red chili peppers to taste. Spiced with added green chilies, fenugreek, ginger and asafeotida, the hot lemon pickle packs quite a punch. Peppy and appetizing, it is great for any meal. - 37.5633
Spicy Mango Pickle
If you are looking for a spicy accompaniment to any meal, try this Spicy mango pickle. In this recipe, mango is coated in Indian spices to make for an all–season accompaniment which can last for even a year. For best results fresh mangoes should be used and... - 98.0579
Turnip Water Pickle
Crush, pound, or grind the mustard seeds coarsely, so that they split at least in half, using either a heavy mortar and pestle or an Indian grinding stone.
In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil; Add salt to the water.
Peel the turnips and place in... - 35.3053
Carrot Water Pickle
Bring 4 1/2 quarts water and the salt to a boil in a large pot.
Meanwhile, crush, pound, or grind the mustard seeds coarsely, so that they split at least in half, using either a heavy mortar and pestle or an Indian grinding stone.
Peel the carrots, removing... - 38.2307
1. Heat oil in medium pan, saute garlic, ginger till brown, add eggplant, chilli, garam masala, stir on high for 2 mins, add rest of ingredients.
2. Cook on low, stir often until eggplant is well cooked (approx 25-30 mins). Pickle is ready when oil starts to... - 31.7469
Curried Brinjal Pickle
1. Wash, wipe dry the brinjals, and cut them into large pieces. Smear 2 teaspoons of salt and leave aside for 2 to 3 hours.
2. If you are using red chillies, soak them in some vinegar along with the turmeric sticks, cumin and mustard seeds till the chillies... - 45.2085
Sliced Mango Pickle
The sliced mango pickle is a spiced mango pickle made with raw mangoes. A popular pickle in India, the sliced mago pickle is spiced with chili peppers, fenugreek and aniseeds. Combined together, it is set aside to mature for a week. - 36.2916
1. Peel the onions and garlic, but keep them whole.
2. Boil the tamarind in water and take out extract.
3. Heat the oil, add the mustard and when done, add all the ingredients on the left hand side (except the tamarind). Saute for 5-7 minutes or until the... - 41.0597
Bamboo Shoot Pickle
1. Remove the outer sheets of the shoots with a sharp knife; and cut the tender portions into pieces of the desired size. Scrape off thinly any green portion on the shoots.
2. Soak the cut pieces in sufficient water for a whole day. Next day, drain all the... - 41.5183
Mixed Vegetable Pickle
1) Cut the cauliflower into florets and the slice the carrots into pieces of about 1/4 inch thick.
2) Mix the florets and slices and wash the vegetables, then cover them with fresh cold water for an hour.
3) Drain the vegetables well and leave... - 43.9178
The tinda pickle or ridge gourd pickle is a peppy vegetable pickle. Made with spices like aniseed, fenugreek, chili pepper and turmeric, the tinda pickle is a cooked pickle recipe is set aside to mature before it can be used. - 35.4791
Peel khattas and chop 3 of them.
Peel suran and cut into pieces and boil.
Roast fenugreek seeds over slow fire and powder them.
Crush raw ajwain into coarse powder.
Break red chillies into large pieces.
Mix together all these... - 39.621
Grind ginger and garlic.
Mix together all the ingredients with the exception of eggs and boil for 15 minutes.
Strain and cool.
Pack eggs in a jar and pour the vinegar on top.
Cover tightly and use after a week.
They can be used in salads or sandwiches. - 36.7955
Lemon Pickle In Oil
Lemon pickle in oil is a cooked lemon pickle prepared with added spices. Flavored wuth asafoetida, red chili pepper, ginger, methi seeds and seasoned with salt, the lemon pickle in oil is peppy and savory with meals of all sorts. - 41.4071
Dry Fish Pickle
Wash fish and dry for 2-3 hours.
Heat 1/2 kg oil.
Fry fish till well browned.
Keep both oil and fish aside.
In another pan heat 1/2 kg oil.
Fry ground masala and salt, adding vinegar gradually as it cooks.
When oil surfaces to the top, remove from fire and... - 41.0691
Fry curry leaves, then add masala and fry well.
Add tomatoes and salt, then when they are soft add vinegar, sugar and raisins and cook till thick.
Store in dry jars.
Will stay for 6 months. - 35.7254
1. Wash and clean prawns in vinegar.
2. Light roast the dry ingredients and pound together to a coarse powder.
3. In a skillet heat 5 tblsps oil. Fry the onion till light golden.
4. Pour tamarind juice and spices over it.
5. Seal the lid... - 40.8825
Wash the mutton in vinegar.
Prick with a fork.
Rub with salt and keep under a heavy weight for 24 hours.
Grind all whole spices in vinegar.
Slice ginger and garlic finely.
Wash the mutton again in vinegar and rub the slices on both the sides with ground... - 37.9184
1. Wash cauliflower; trim leaves; and core; separate into tiny flowerets (you should have about 5 cups). Cook in boiling salted water in a large saucepan 1 minute; drain.
2. Boil carrots in salted water in large saucepan 3 minutes; drain.
3. Pour boiling... - 40.9628
Arrange vegetables in layers in large bowl or enamel preserving kettle, sprinkling each layer with salt.
Let stand overnight.
Mix mustard and sugar in large preserving kettle.
Add water, vinegar, and seeds.
Add cloves and allspice tied in cheesecloth... - 44.6964
1) Discard tough seeds from cucumbers.
2) Shred cucumbers with a knife or in a food processor bowl fitted with a shredding disc and empty the shredded cucumbers to a large mixing bowl when they each Fill Level.
3) Roughly chop the remaining... - 44.0243
Bufenu Or Ripe Mango Pickle In Oil
Wash the mangoes and dry them gently with a soft cloth and set aside.
Take a large bowl and place the mustard powder in it along with 1 cup of oil and beat well with a spoon.
Crush the garlic, cumin, cinnamon and cloves coarsely and set aside. Use half a cup... - 40.5748
Carrot Pickle In Oil
Lay carrot strips on a muslin and dry in the sun for 6-8 hours.
Heat oil well, whilst warm add garlic and salt.
Add in the coarsely powdered masala powder.
Mix carrots and chillies, add to oil.
Stir well and pour into a jar.
Keeps for 3-4 months. - 38.3775
Cauliflower, Turnip And Carrot Pickle
The cauliflower carrots and turnip pickle is a mixed vegetable pickle recipe. Prepared with spices like ginger, mustard and garlic along with chili pepper amonst others, the cauliflower, carrots and turnip pickle is a cooked pickle and is great with almost... - 44.945
Nimbu Ka Achar
Nimbu ka achar is a peppy lemon pickle. Spiced with asafoetida, red chili powder, cloves and cardamon among other spices, the nimbu ka achar is a non cooked pickle. Combined together and set to mature in the sun, the nimbu ka achar is great with any meal. - 39.7845
Meetha Aam Ka Achar
Meetha aam ka achar is a popular sweet mango pickle made with raw mangoes. Prepared in the early summer with fresh raw mangoes, the meetha aam ka achar is spiced with chili peppers, asafoetida and fenugreek seeds. Sweetened with sugar, the meetha aam ka achar... - 36.8889
Aam Ka Meetha Achaar
1)In a saucepan, add jaggery and water and bring to the boil.
2)Stir in mango and cook on low heat until water evaporates and mixture is thick.
3)Add the remaining ingredients and cook until well.
4)Turn off heat and let it cool.
5)Serve... - 39.7933
Clean the prawns, salt them and keep aside.
Heat Oil in a pan, add fenugreek seeds, allow them to heat up.
Add crushed garlic, chilli powder, turmeric powder and prawns.
Cover it and let it cook till the prawns are done. (Prawns get cooked in 5 mins, if... - 36.1289
Aam Ka Mitha Achar
Aam ka meetha achar is an appetizing sweet mango pickle that is very popular in India. Commonly made at homes across most of North India, aam ka meetha achar is prepared with roasted or lightly cooked spices and let to dry in the sun. - 37.6066
1. Wash, wipe and peel the mangoes, and cut into thin slices. Add salt and turmeric powder, mix, and put into jar. Cover tight and leave aside for 2-3 days, shaking the jar once daily.
2. On the third day, strain the mango water produced in step 1 into a... - 43.086
1. Scrape, wash and cut the bitter gourd pieces of desired size, sprinkle the turmeric powder and some salt, and leave aside for 1 1/2-2 hours.
2. Strain the gourd pieces to remove water, and discard this water. Wash the gourd pieces thoroughly. Dry on a... - 40.9824