- » Indian Pudding
Indian Pudding Recipes
Enjoy our collection of indian pudding recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for indian pudding recipes.
Indian Carrot Pudding
Oh sweet joy! Wait! Joy is eating this Indian Carrot Pudding. It is so deluctable that it simply melts in your mouth. After all, that is what we all want, isn't it? So, learn how to make this delicious pudding from our very own Virgin Chef(pun intended)!... - 98.136
Homestead Series How To Cook Rice Pudding
Rice pudding has been loved since the ancient times. There was once a time when cooking it was a cumbersome task, but today, with videos like the one you are about to watch, rice pudding is a tasty treat that is simple to make and ready within a few minutes.... - 96.3521
1. Prepare a double boiler. Use a sturdy 2 or 4 quart sauce pan.
2. Fill the sauce pan with 2 or 3 inches of water and bringing it to a steady boil. Reduce the heat so that the water is just below boiling point
3. Use a heavy-duty metal... - 49.1162
Mountain Mama Mud Slide
Combine margarine, flour and nuts in bowl.
Mix well; press in bottom of 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar.
Mix until fluffy.
Fold in 1 cup Cool-Whip.
Spread over baked... - 47.9787
Granny's Indian Pudding
About 4 hours before serving: Preheat oven to 300°F.
In large saucepan over low heat, bring 1 quart milk just to boiling.
Gradually stir in corn meal; boil over low heat, stirring, until thickened.
Add suet and next 9 ingredients.
Turn into greased 3-quart... - 47.7358
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
2. In a saucepan, take cornmeal and 3 cups milk. Stir it with a wire whisk to smoothen it and blend it well.
3. Add the remaining milk and cook it over a medium flame till it thickens and comes to a... - 47.4718
Nantucket Indian Pudding
This Nantucket Indian Pudding is simply delicious ! This spicy vanilla ice cream pudding makes a divine dessert ! Do try this Nantucket Indian Pudding once and let me know if you share my passion. - 47.093
1) Brush the inner surface of an electric slow cooker lightly with butter.
2) In a medium saucepan, gently sclad the skim milk.
3) Stir in the honey and molasses.
4) In a small bowl, mix the cornmeal, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and... - 46.7707
1. Take a casserole, add 1½ cups milk and heat for about 3½ minutes.
2. Prepare a ginger, cinnamon, cornmeal, sugar and salt mixture. Add to the hot milk and without covering, cook, stirring 2 times, for about 2 minutes.
3. Mix butter, molasses and... - 46.641
Indian Tapioca Pudding
1. In the mean time prepare a double boiler pan by setting a saucepan filled with 3 inches of water over a medium low flame and allow water to simmer.
2. Butter a 2 quarter baking dish or pudding mold
3. Preheat the oven to 350° F
4. In... - 46.6266
Paal Ada Pradhaman
Palada Pradhaman is a native Kerala dessert. The traditional dish is made specially during Kerala festival of Onam. Ada is an ingredient made of rice which gives the dessert its unqiue flavor. - 46.5269
Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
Coat six 1-cup ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Scald 2 1/2 cups milk in a heavy saucepan.
Meanwhile, place remaining 1/2 cup milk in a small bowl and gradually whisk in cornmeal.
Whisk the cornmeal mixture... - 45.8096
Heat 2 1/2 cup (625 mL) of milk in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
While this is heating, combine 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk and the cornmeal with a wire whisk.
When the milk boils, pour in the cornmeal-milk mixture and cook over medium heat.
Stir with a wire whisk... - 45.5666
1) Preheat the oven to 275Â°F.
2) Pour the hot milk in a pan.
3) Slowly stir in the corn meal into the hot milk.
4) Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 15 minutes, or until thick.
5) Remove the pan from the heat.
6) Combine... - 45.3317
Maple Spice Indian Pudding
In a heavy medium-size pan, combine molasses, syrup, and 3 cups of the milk.
Place over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is steaming (8 to 10 minutes); do not boil.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cornmeal, sugar, salt, cinnamon,... - 44.2146
1. Extract 2 cups thick milk from the grated coconut. Add water to the residue and extract another 6 cups.
2. Roast the green beans in a heavy skillet till an aroma rises.
3. Cook the beans in five cups water till the beans are soft and the water has been... - 43.9996
Indian Pudding With Raisins
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Mix corn meal and 1 cup milk.
Heat 2 cups milk in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until steaming.
Mix in corn meal mixture and cook 15-20 minutes, stirring now and then.
Stir in molasses and sugar and cook 2-3 minutes... - 43.8102
Classic Indian Pudding
Heat oven to 300°.
Grease 2-quart casserole.
Heat 3 cups milk and the molasses.
Mix cornmeal, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Gradually stir into hot milk mixture.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes or until... - 43.2172
Sour Cream Indian Pudding
Heat 3 cups milk in top part of double boiler over boilinq water.
Mix remaining 1 cup milk and cornmeal.
Stir into hot milk and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened.
Remove from heat.
Mix molasses and spices and stir into milk mixture.
Beat in remaining... - 42.9412
Take the chhana, flour, cardamom, sodium bi carbonate and 1 tsp of ghee in a bowl and knead well Next, form small, long balls with the final mixture.
Heat the ghee in a kadhai and fry the balls till they turn dark brown.
In another kadhai, boil the milk with... - 42.6397
Apple Indian Pudding
Bring milk to a boil.
Slowly stir in the cornmeal and cook until thickened.
Remove from heat.
Stir in fructose, sugar replacement, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
Core and thinly slice the apples.
Layer cornmeal mixture alternately with apple slices in well... - 42.607
Preheat oven to 325°.
Mix cornmeal, water, salt, and 2 cups of the milk in a saucepan.
Bring to a gentle boil and boil for 10 minutes while stirring.
In bowl, mix egg, sugar, molasses, butter, and spices.
Stir into cornmeal mixture.
Pour into greased baking... - 41.7765
Preheat oven to 325°.
In a medium-sized heavy pan over medium heat, scald milk (150°).
Gradually stir in cornmeal.
Cook for approximately 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is well cooked and thickened.
Remove from heat.
Combine the rest of the... - 41.7584
Scald the 3 cups milk in the top of a double boiler.
Stirring constantly, slowly blend into milk a mixture of the cornmeal, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
Stir in a blend of the egg and molasses.
Cook and stir over boiling water 10 minutes, or until very... - 41.4215
Preheat oven to 275° F.
Heat 2 cups skim milk in a double boiler or a medium saucepan over low heat.
Add cornmeal, a little at a time, stirring constantly.
Cook 15 minutes, or until thick, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
In a bowl, combine... - 41.3352
Thekua Or Khajoor
Popularly known as Khajoor, Thekua is popular homemade dessert from Bihar and Jharkhand. Thekua is a sweet and crispy dessert prepared with whole wheat flour, sugar and chopped coconuts. Thekua is ideal dessert to carry with during long journeys as it can be... - 41.2607
1. Dissolve 1 tsp sugar in warm water and sprinkle yeast in it. Allow it to froth.
2. Cook semolina with water to make a gruel. Allow it to cool.
3. Combine the flour, yeast and gruel to make a dough. Set aside to rise for 6 hours.
4. Add the ground coconut... - 41.0868
Low Fat Indian Pudding
Preheat the oven to 250°F.
Spray a 6-cup souffle or baking dish with non-stick spray.
Combine 1 cup of the milk, the cornmeal, molasses, sugar, maple syrup, butter, egg, egg whites, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Cook,... - 40.8671
Littxe Indian Pudding
1. Preheat oven moderate to 325°.
2. In a bowl mix corameal and water.
3. Scald milk.
4. Mix cornmeal mixture to the milk and stir.
5. Cook for 20 minutes until thickened.
6. Mix salt, spices and molasses.
7. Grease 1 1/2 quarter... - 40.8595
Molasses Indian Pudding
1.Start by preheating the oven to 275F degrees
2.In a double boiler, scald milk, slowly add corn meal and cook 25 minutes.
3.Add remaining ingredients.
4.Pour into greased baking dish and bake in slow oven for 2 hours.
5.Serve... - 39.9653
No Fat Indian Pudding
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) Slowly add milk on cornmeal and cook in a double boiler for 20 minutes.
3) To this mixture, add molasses, salt and ginger.
4) Take a buttered baking dish, pour the mixture into it and place over a pan... - 39.828
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
2. In small bowl, combine cornmeal and 1 cup milk. In 4-quart saucepan, heat remaining 3 cups milk to boiling over high heat. With wire whisk, whisk in cornmeal mixture; heat to... - 39.7965
Indian Bread Pudding
The indian pudding is a simple bread and milk pudding flavored and sweetned with molasses. Slow baked and prepared, the indian pudding can be spiced if desired with cardamom or cinnamon to make it more savory! - 39.2679
Mock Indian Pudding
Mock Indian Pudding is a delicious dessert that you will get addicted to with the first spoon! Here is a brilliant Mock Indian Pudding recipe that is sure to win you some fans. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and try it! - 38.9523
In top part of double boiler scald 3 cups milk.
Mix cornmeal with another 1/4 cup milk and stir it into the hot milk.
Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes over simmering water; then add molasses, sugar, and butter.
Season this batter with... - 38.9324
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Bring milk just to the boiling point in saucepan.
Stir in enough cornmeal to make mixture consistency of mush.
Add shortening, sugar, raisins, salt and vanilla; mix well.
Spoon into baking dish.
Bake for 45 minutes or until set. - 38.0385
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Bring the milk to a boil and add the cornmeal gradually, beating vigorously with a wire whisk.
When mixture starts to thicken set it aside to cool.
When the mixture is nearly cool stir in the remaining ingredients and mix... - 38.0081
Quick Indian Pudding
Combine all ingredients except scalded milk in a bowl.
Mix well and add the scalded milk gradually, stirring constantly.
Turn mixture into a double-boiler top.
Cook and stir over direct heat until mixture thickens.
Place, covered, over simmering water and... - 37.8823
Heat milk in double boiler.
When scalding hot add corn meal, moistened with water.
Cook, stirring constantly, for 20 minutes.
Pour into pudding bake dish, add remainder of ingredients, the egg last.
Stir very well.
Bake about 2 1/2 hours at 300 degrees.
Serve... - 37.6961
Lightly grease crock pot.
Preheat on high setting for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile bring milk, cornmeal and salt to a boil.
Boil, stirring constantly, 5 minutes; cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, then gradually... - 37.6519
Mix cold milk and cornmeal together, and stir into the hot milk.
Add the butter, and cook and stir until mixture bubbles.
Cool slightly; then stir in eggs mixed with sugar, salt, spices and vanilla.
Pour into a deep greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish, and bake... - 37.5509
1 In a large heavy saucepan, combine 2 cups of milk with cornmeal and the remaining ingredients. Heat slowly to boiling, then simmer, stirring often for 5 minutes, or until creamy-thick.
2 Pour into a buttered 8-cup baking dish; stir in 2 more cups of... - 37.5348
Top Stove Indian Pudding
Scald milk in top part of double boiler.
Add cornmeal slowly, stirring constantly.
Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add molasses, sugar, ginger, and salt.
Pour over slightly beaten eggs; return to double boiler and cook for 2 or 3 minutes... - 37.4314
This Indian Pudding tastes incredible ! Try this gingered milk and cornmeal bake for your next dessert. Your suggestions for this Indian Pudding are welcome ! - 37.2864
Pour 1 1/2 cups milk into a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Heat for 3 1/2 minutes on high.
Combine cornmeal, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
Stir into hot milk.
Microwave, uncovered, on high for about 2 minutes, stirring at least once during cooking time.
Beat... - 36.9553
Maple Sweetened Indian Pudding
Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
Combine 3 cups of the milk, the molasses, and syrup in the top half of a large double boiler and heat directly over medium-low heat to just below boiling; do not allow to boil.
Remove from heat, stir in corn meal, sugar, salt,... - 36.7888
Slow Baked Indian Pudding
Scald 3 cups of the milk in the top of the double boiler.
Add cornmeal, sugar, spices, salt, molasses, and butter.
Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens or for about 20 minutes.
Pour into a greased baking pan.
Add the... - 36.5245
Stir corn meal, a little at a time, into the hot milk and cook over low heat or in the top of a double boiler, stirring constantly, for 15 minutes or until thick.
Remove from heat.
Mix together sugar, baking soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon, then stir into... - 35.8302
Indian Molasses Pudding
Mix the commeal with the molasses, sugar, butter, salt, baking soda, and eggs.
Add 3 cups of hot rnilk, stirring carefully.
Place in a 2 quart bean pot or other covered pot, and bake in a 400° oven until all comes to a boil.
Then stir in another 3 cups of... - 35.6095
Heat 3 cups milk.
Stir in butter, molasses and honey.
Combine cornmeal, salt and spices and stir gradually into warm milk mixture, using a wire whisk to avoid lumps.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, approximately 10 minutes or until thick.
Preheat... - 35.5853
1. Dissolve 1 tsp sugar and yeast in 1/2 cup warm , water and keep aside for 20 minutes to let it
2. Mix 1/2 cup semolina with 1 1/2 cups water and cook, then cool the gruel. Add to the rice flour. Knead well to make a soft dough. Add the fermented yeast... - 35.4617
1. Scald the milk and pour slowly on the cornmeal, stirring constantly. Cook the mixture over hot water twenty minutes.
2. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
3. Combine the butter, molasses, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Beat the eggs well and add, with the... - 35.4538
Indian Pudding De Luxe
Scald milk over low heat, then stir in the corn meal very slowly.
Remove from heat and add next 8 ingredients.
Just before turning into a 1 1/2 qt casserole, add the sour milk or cream gradually.
Bake in a slow oven of 275°F for 2 hrs or until a silver knife... - 35.003
Moist Indian Pudding
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Rub a 2-quart baking dish with margarine or butter.
2. Scald 4 cups of the milk in the top of a doubler boiler; gradually add the corn meal to it and cook over simmering water 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add... - 34.8469
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Pour the milk over the cornmeal in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick, smooth, and creamy, about 15 minutes.
3. Pour the cornmeal mixture over the eggs. Add the... - 34.7431
Rice Pudding With Raisins
1 Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl; stir well. Pour into eight 6 oz. custard cups, filling each 3/4 full.
2 Microwave 24 to 28 minutes on 5 (MEDIUM), or until almost set in center. If necessary, remove individual cups as they finish cooking and... - 34.043
Easy Indian Pudding
In saucepan combine milk and molasses; stir in cornmeal, ginger, cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Cook and stir till thick, about 10 minutes.
Stir in butter.
Turn into an ungreased 1-quart casserole.
Bake, uncovered, at 300° about 1 hour. - 31.6598
Ginger Spiced Indian Pudding
Try this amazingly delicious Indian Pudding. This tasty and effortlessly prepared Indian Pudding is the one dessert about which you surely would love to talk about with us! - 31.4426
In saucepan mix milk and molasses; stir in cornmeal, ginger, cinnamon, and salt.
Cook and stir till thick, about 10 minutes.
Stir in butter.
Turn into a 1-quart casserole.
Bake, uncovered, at 300° about 1 hour. - 30.8165
Rasmalai is made from Rasgulla and saffron flavored milk.The sweet and delicious balls of Indian cottage cheese or paneer which are made from whole milk or cow milk are immersed in a sugary syrup and served as a sweet dish in India.However this dish is... - 29.9607
Baked Rice Pudding With Raisins
Combine the milk and rice in the top of a double boiler, and cook over simmering, not boiling water, for 2 hrs stirring occasionally.
Then add remaining ingredients, turn into a greased or oiled 1 1/2 qt casserole, and bake in a moderate oven of 350°F for 45... - 29.9387
Golden Indian Pudding
1. Combine the sweet potato, egg substitute, molasses or other sweetener, and pumpkin pie spice in a blender, and blend until smooth. Leave in the blender and set aside.
2. Combine the milk and cornmeal in a 2 /i-quart pot, and stir to mix well. Place over... - 29.5852
Scald milk in a double boiler.
Add corn meal slowly while stirring, and cook 20 mim Add remaining ingredients, turn into a greased 1 1/2 qt casserole, and bake uncovered in a slow oven of 275°F for 3 hrs., stirring once during the baking.
Serve warm or cold... - 29.3027
Pumpkin Spice Indian Pudding
1. Combine 2 cups of the milk with the cornmeal, sugar, molasses, butter, salt and pumpkin-pie spice in a large, heavy saucepan. Heat slowly until bubbling, then simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes, or until creamy-thick.
2. Pour into a buttered, 8-cup baking... - 29.0673
Tri-colored Carrot Rice Pudding
Indian rice pudding or kheer as said in the local language is the most frequently made traditional sweet dish festive offering. Tricolored rice pudding laced with carrots and green gram is the tweaked form of this classic dish to mark the Republic Day... - 0
This delicious kheer is a favorite with my kid. He thoroughly enjoys it and usually has 2 to 3 bowls at a time. Though a little time consuming, its an absolute delight to eat. - 0
Tapioca And Prunes Pudding
Tapioca pudding is so versatile that you can see a variation of this pudding across several parts of the globe. This smooth creamy and guey pudding is an ultimate comfort food for many. This one is an Indian Tapioca pudding with addition of prunes to it.... - 0
Delicious And Nutty Homemade Rabdi
Rabdi is a popular sweet dish from India, made by thickening milk on low heat, sweetening it with sugar, garnishing it with dry fruits and then serving it with jalebi; though it can be enjoyed alone too. - 0
Cardamom Flavored Badami Rabdi
This is a nutty dish made with milk and almonds, flavored with cardamoms and sweetened with sugar. The dish is quite popular in Indian cuisine and is mostly relished with malpua or jalebi. - 0
Meethi Doodhi Seviyan
This is a milk pudding made with leftover dry sweet vermicelli, sweetened with sugar. Remember to add sugar in moderation, required for the amount of milk used, as the leftover sweet vermicelli already contains the required quantity of sugar. - 0
Arroz Con Dulce
Learn how to make Arroz con Leche (Arroz con Dulce) - a rice pudding made with coconut milk! This easy recipe teaches you step-by-step how to make my favorite desserts for Christmas - 0
Apple Rabadi (diabetic Recipe) By Tarla Dalal
Low fat milk thickened with apple! The addition of nutmeg and cardamom blends well with the subtle flavors. Try not to peel the apple, as much of the fiber is present in the peel and just below it. Select sweet apples for this recipe, as sharp apples can... - 0
Jowar Banana Sheera (7 To 9 Month Old Babies) By Tarla Dalal
After the age of 6 months, your baby will be ready to have foods that are of a more solid consistency. This sheera is rich in carbohydrates, protein, iron, and calcium and will keep your baby 'full' for a longer period of time. I have used banana to sweeten... - 0
Indian Pudding Recipes By Category