- » Indian Poha
Indian Poha Recipes
Enjoy our collection of indian poha recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for indian poha recipes.
Instant Poha Chivda
The Poha Chivda is good Indian snack to make, especially if there are several unexpected guests at home. This relatively has less oil in comparison to the other Indian snacks. And Madhura in this video shows you how to make this in the microwave oven in no... - 123.433
Indian Poha Chivda
Take 2 tsp oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chillies and microwave for 2 minutes.
Add turmeric powder, hing, cashew nuts, peanuts, mix well and microwave for 1 minute.
Add daliya and... - 108.894
Roasted Thin Poha Chevda
If you're keen on having some tasty Indian snacks , you have come to the right place. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the poha chevda in a few minutes. It's so tasty and a very good snack for munching time. Don't forget to watch the video before trying it at... - 103.434
Batata Poha Or Aloo Pawa (potato And Beaten Rice)
Are you looking for a simple breakfast idea? See this video that presents an excellent recipe for Indian batata poha. The video is really impressive as well a great way to pamper your taste buds with an absolutely delicious wholesome breakfast. Take a look... - 98.386
Light And Healthy Poha
One of India's most staple breakfast dishes, this Light and Healthy Poha is easy to make and is full of taste. Prepared with beaten rice as the main ingredient, this poha can also be served as a light snack. The blend of ingredients impart this dish a... - 97.8513
Wash poha twice and drain.
Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
When they splutter add urad dal and fry till light golden.
Now add the curry leaves and saute for 10 seconds.
Now add the onions and turmeric powder and saute till onions turn to light... - 48.8552
1. Wash poha in water. Keep aside.
2. In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons ghee and toss mustard and asafoetida.
3. When seeds stop spluttering, add turmeric, salt, peas, potatoes and tomatoes.
4. Seal the lid tightly and cook till vegetables... - 47.2602
Atukulu Upma (poha, Aval)
First soak the aval and keep it aside.
after 1 hour drain the excess water if there
in a pan, add oil and all the ingredients one by one.
Mustard, uradhal, gramdhal, pinch of asafoetida, greenchillies and ginger.
Once all these gets sauted add curry... - 45.8783
1) Gently break the Maggi 2-Minute Noodles in the pack, then put the noodles and Tastemaker in 2 cups of water and cook until all the water is absorbed.
2) In a pan, fry the peanuts in the oil, then remove and keep aside.
3) In the remaining oil, add... - 44.9603
1. Peel and dice potatoes.
2. Chop onions and coriander leaves finely.
3. Heat fat. Brown onions. Add remaining ingredients except rice.
4. Cook on a slow fire till potatoes are cooked (add a little water if necessary).
5. Put rice into a colander. Hold under... - 44.8487
1. Wash sago and soak in water for few hours.
2. Keep aside and drain out water.
3. Wash poha and soak in milk.
4. Ground peanuts smoothly.
5. In a skillet heat 3 tablespoon oil and toss mustard, cumin and asafoetida.
6. When seeds stop... - 44.6048
Poha (avalaki Upma)
Wash poha gently, add 1/2 cup water to poha soak for 10 minutes and drain the water
Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds to splutter
Add chana dal, curry leaves, hing, turmeric
Add onion, chillies
Stir fry till the onion till brown colour
Add the poha, salt,... - 44.425
1) Wash and soak poha with sufficient water.
2) In a wok, heat oil and fry onions, ginger, garlic and chillies until soft.
3) Add kheema, salt and ground spices. Saute them until dry and crumbly.
4) Add water to cover ingredients and... - 44.3151
1. Wash poha in water.
2. Drain out water.
3. In a bowl mix coconut milk, tamarind and poha and sugar.
4. In grinder add chilli and corriander leaves. Grind till smooth.
5. Mix the paste with the mixture.
6. In a skillet heat 1... - 44.0581
1. Wash poha in water.
2. In a skillet heat 3 tablespoon oil and toss mustard, cumin and asafoetida.
3. When seeds stop spluttering, add ginger, onions chillies and curry leaves. Fry till soft.
4. Stir in all the ingredients except... - 42.1915
1 In a blender jar, grind the poha till it resembles breadcrumbs.
2 Keep aside.
3 In a microwave safe bowl, combine the water, soda bi carb, jeera and salt, microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
4 Add the oil, chili powder, green chili, and the ground... - 41.2416
This is one of the simplest snack anyone can make with the least of ingredients. Very tasty & healthy too!!.
The best part about this snack is that you can use stale bread & curd n still dish out a very tasty dish. Staler the bread, tastier the poha!!. I... - 40.291
To dispose off the raw smell of the poha, dry roast it.
Then keep the poha soaked in warm water for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Wait till it softens and then drain the water.
Keep it aside.
Next liquify the jaggery in water.
Cook on low flame until it thickens.
To... - 39.575
Doodh Powva has a defining taste. The kismis and almonds dressing gives the Doodh Powva a prefect taste. Must have it. - 38.9568
Batata Powva has a lovely taste. The Green chillies and turmeric powder gives the Batata Powva a fiery taste. - 37.266
Thin Poha (beaten/pressed Rice)chiwda
1. If poha is soggy, preheat oven on 350. Bake poha for 5 mins or till it become crunchy. Don't forget to stir in between. (If you don't have oven you can use pan or kadhai on gas)
2. Heat oil in a pan, then fry pea nuts, cashews, almonds, raisins seperately... - 37.019
1)In a wok, heat ghee to near smoking point and then deep fry the chewda in it, a little bit at a time. Let chewda puff up and fries.
2)Take a greaseproof paper and place it on a large tray and then spread the chewda on it to drain excess oil.
3)Then,... - 36.8037
Poha or Flattened Rice is a quick and easy breakfast dish. It tastes good with some yogurt as a condiment. Boiled potato cubes and groundnuts go very well with Poha. Sprinkling a little lemon juice just before serving gives it a zesty taste. ... - 36.7656
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pot.
Add onions and green chillies. Add carrot when the onions are a little golden brown. Add capsicum after 2 mins. Add grated coconut, salt and chat masala and cook for 3 mins.
Let it cool.
Take the poha and rinse it with water. Add... - 34.2137
1. Wash and drain the poha and keep until the poha is soft and swells up.
2. Add all the ingredients to the poha and toss until well mixed. - 31.0667
1. Mix together all ingredients and leave for 10 minutes before use. - 29.5526
Peanut Poha With Onion
Peanut poha with onion is a very simple to make light dish which can be prepared within a time frame of 20-25 minutes. The dish is prepared with flattened rice and is a popular Indian breakfast food. - 0
Poha is an ideal breakfast dish especially on a busy morning. I tend to make quite often as its my son's favorite breakfast dish. - 0
Avalu Upma/poha Upma (beaten Rice Upma)
Upma is an easy and common food item that can be had at any time of the day. Usually it is served during the breakfast, but it is also a filling snack. Many additions like boiled potatoes, ginger, coriander leaves etc can be done. This recipe is just a very... - 0
Poha is one of the most common breakfast preparations in India. It basically comes from Madhya Pradesh but is prepared all over india with slight variations. So, here is my version of poha... - 0
Brown Bread Poha
Wheat bread is healthy and nutritious and poha is a staple Indian breakfast. This recipe combines the health benefits of wheat bread along with the yummy taste of poha. - 0
This is a unique recipe of poha, using leftover chapatis. It is healthy, filling and a great way to use up your last night's rotis. - 0
Oats And Poha Chivda (diabetic Snack)
Yet another variation of a favorite Indian snack! Use oats and poha to make this healthy chivda. Carry this snack in your bag to work or to the gym for an instant pick-me-up when you feel your blood sugar levels decreasing. - 0
Poha is made from flattened rice. Its is easy to cook and very nutritional. - 0
Poha Upma - Indian Breakfast
Atukula Upma is a popular breakfast recipe. This is simple recipe which can be had as a breakfast or as a quick snack. - 0
Indian Poha Recipes By Category