- » Indian Lentil Soup
Indian Lentil Soup Recipes
Enjoy our collection of indian lentil soup recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for indian lentil soup recipes.
Indian Lentil And Vegetable Soup
Want a vegetarian protein rich soup for your diet? Chef Manjula has a lentil and vegetable soup from Indian cuisine. She uses a pressure cooker for quick boiling. The best part of the recipe is its seasoning; using whole cumin seeds gives a nice flavor to... - 124.535
Indian Tomato Pappu
If you are looking for a unique recipe to cook lentil soup for tonight, then try this one. It is a simple preparation of lentils with plenty of tomatoes, which serves as rich source of vitamin c and vegetable protein. The soup is really delicious and you... - 123.398
Indian Moong Dal Soup
Chef Manjula is on a mission to show us some very good lentil recipes and as a part of this she has brought a Indian Moong dal soup recipe. Its vegetarian, protein rich and delicious. This recipe has a unique flavor and a green color derived from the cilantro... - 117.162
Sambhar - Lentil And Vegetable Soup
If you're planning to make sambhar, then you must try this recipe. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the delicious sambhar. This is a very famous South Indian dish. Sambhar is served with hot idlis and dosa. Do try out this recipe and don't forget to watch the... - 111.032
Four Lentil Soup Frying Part 2
Preparing Moong dal with our young Indian chef Dipali is getting more intriguing! The dal is almost ready now to be served out and looks simply irresistible. Just follow the methods and you will be doing a good job as close to her. - 106.921
Four Lentil Soup Boiling Part 1
For Indian food lovers, this dal is surely going to make their dinner wonderful! Dipali in this video, details out the method of boiling the dal and prepare this traditional dish at home. - 106.034
Indian Black Lentil Soup
Vegetarians can stop complaining now. We have one helluva soup here! The Black Lentil Soup is a healthy, tasty and flavorsome Indian dish. It can be eaten as a soup or as a stew with several side dishes. Watch and learn this recipe from this video. Enjoy! - 104.996
Maharashtrian Katachi Amati
Looking for a traditional Indian appetizer? This one will work for you perfectly. Katachi Amati is a regional specialty made with lentils and jaggery which gives it a perfect blend of sweet and sour flavors. Watch the video and treat your family to this dish,... - 93.9948
Lentil Soup - Dal Soup
Have you ever tried making a lentil soup? You must watch the video to see how the chef makes this interesting and healthy soup. It is highly nutritious and very easy to make. So don't forget to check out the video. - 92.3773
Easy Indian Lentil Soup Seasoning
1. Slow boil water and lentils until lentils are softened about 15 minutes.
2. In a separate small pan, heat oil on low, add seasoning and stir for 10 seconds.
3. Add oil and seasoning mix to soften lentils and simmer for a few... - 91.4468
Masoor Ki Dal Lentil Soup & Rice Dinner
How about a Indian dinner which is both tasty and healthy? Try simple to make Masoor dal and stir fry cabbage, serve with rice & tortilla. Yummy recipe from the kitchen of US chef Bhal Dave. He impresses with his exquisite style of making it to perfection. - 72.6099
1 Wash the lentils and rice well under running water.
2 Chop the vegetables finely.
3 In a pan, melt the butter.
4 Add in the vegetables and lentils.
5 Fry gently for about 5 minutes.
6 Pour in the hot water, stirring... - 48.6393
Indian Yellow Split Pea Soup
1.Take a soup kettle, add oil and heat it over medium heat.
2.Add the chopped onion and saute till transparent.
3.Now add the cumin, and saute till it until it splutters and releases it's fragrance.
4.Add the split peas,water and turmeric and bring to... - 47.2696
Rishta Lentil And Spinach Soup
1) Wash and pick the lentils.
2) Take a saucepan and combine lentils with water. Cook for about 15 minutes.
3) In the meantime, take another pan and heat oil in it. Add onion and saute until it turns light brown in color.
4) Add the... - 46.0351
Combine the split peas and chicken broth in a pot and bring to a boil.
Remove scum from the top.
Add the spices in the cheesecloth, the turmeric, and the salt.
Cover, lower heat, and simmer gently for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until peas are tender.
Remove... - 44.3409
Lentil & Vegetable Soup
For the stock
1. Cut the onions and tomatoes into big pieces.
2. Add the moong dal and 6 teacups of water and cook in a pressure cooker till the first whistle.
3. When cooked, blend in a liquidiser and strain.
How to proceed
1. Heat the oil and fry the onion... - 43.7811
1. Boil the gram till tender; remove the water.
2. Cut tomatoes, slit green chillies and chop coriander leaves.
3. Add tomatoes, green chillies, coriander leaves and curry leaves to gram water. Boil.
4. Heat oil; add all the ingredients for tempering.
5. When... - 43.412
Lentil Soup is a unique and sumptuous soup. This soup is perfect for your vegetarian friends at your parties. I am sure you will get hooked to this Lentil Soup recipe. - 42.2129
Lentil Soup has enormous nutritional benefits. It is a good source of fiber, vitamin A, iron, calcium and vitamin C. - 41.6659
Sutro Heights Lentil Soup
In stock pot, combine all ingredients except sausage and wine.
Heat to boiling; simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Add sausage and wine.
Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes.
Season with salt.
Garnish each bowl with a thin lemon slice, if desired. - 41.6
Soak lentils in cold water overnight.
Rinse and boil with fresh cold water just covering the lentils.
In about 10 minutes on a slow fire, the lentil should absorb the fluid.
Remove from the fire.
In another pan, melt the butter, add the bacon cut... - 41.4232
Indian Lentil Soup
1. Heat the oil and fry the onions for 1 minute. Add the garlic and chilli powder and fry again for 1/2 minute.
2. Add 6 teacups of water, the tomatoes, masoor dal and salt and cook in a pressure cooker till the first whistle.
3. When cooked, blend in a... - 36.2251
Lentil And Spinach Soup
1. Mix the spinach, onions, tomatoes, masoor dal and garlic.
2. Add 7 teacups of water and cook in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes. When cooked, blend in a mixer. Strain.
3. Heat the milk and add to the soup.
4. Add the chilli powder and salt. - 33.9652
Lentil Soup (masur Daal)
Wash the lentils and slice the vegetables.
Saute together with oil for 15 mins stirring frequently on low heat.
Add the liquid, seasoning and herbs.
Allow to boil and simmer till vegetables are tender.
Liquidise and reheat, adding milk if... - 33.1815
1. Cook the gram and turmeric in half the amount of water till the gram is tender. Drain and mash. Add salt and keep it aside. Heat clarified butter. Add finely chopped garlic and cumin and fry till the cumin is brown. Pour this into the prepared dal. Add the... - 31.1012
Wash lentils and slice onion.
Melt butter and let onion cook for 5 minutes in it.
Add lentils and stock.
Bring to boiling point and remove scum.
Simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours at least.
Sieve, reheat, and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley. - 25.8129
Protein Rich Flavorful Hearty Mulligatawny Soup
Mulligatawny is a curry flavored soup originating from South India, specifically Tamil Nadu. Translated from the local language, Tamil, it literally means "pepper water". From the south of India, this soup has travelled far and wide, and made its presence... - 0
Lentil Soup - Dal Fry
How to make Dal soup? Recipe for Dal Tadka, Easy Dal Fry, East Indian food, Lentil Recipe. - 0
Indian Lentil Soup Recipes By Category