- » Indian Lentil Rice
Indian Lentil Rice Recipes
Enjoy our collection of indian lentil rice recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for indian lentil rice recipes.
Mixed Dal Khichadi & Kadhi For Dinner
You would like to end your spicy weekend food fiesta with a simple khichadi and kadhi combination, but somehow get puzzled by the fact of making the perfect khichadi and kadhi. Bhal Dave simplifies it out in a way that even novice cooks can make the... - 75.8283
Masoor Ki Dal Lentil Soup & Rice Dinner
How about a Indian dinner which is both tasty and healthy? Try simple to make Masoor dal and stir fry cabbage, serve with rice & tortilla. Yummy recipe from the kitchen of US chef Bhal Dave. He impresses with his exquisite style of making it to perfection. - 72.6099
Curried Yellow Rice & Refreshing Leftover Khichadi & Kadhi
If you are tired of eating bland steamed rice, try easy to prepare yellow rice by Bhal Dave, who gives it a new look and feel with added vegetables and spices. He also shares tips and tricks to refresh leftover khichadi. Cooking is so much fun isn't it? - 58.4826
1) Pound whole spices coarsely.
2) Make a ginger and one onion paste.
3) Fry the other onion until crisp and golden. Keep aside.
4) Par-cook the rice and the dals in separate containers. Strain and keep aside.
5) In a pan, heat ghee and... - 49.3967
1. In a medium stock pot or saucepan, cover the lentil with double the amount of water and soak for a minimum of 2 hours.
2. If using brown rice, soak the rice with the lentils in the same pot.
3. Just before cooking, drain the water from the... - 49.2135
1) In a large saucepan, stir butter until melted over moderate-low heat.
2) Now add the onion and cook, mixing once in a while till it starts to brown.
3) Mix in the cloves, cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, and turmeric and cook further for 1-2 minutes.
4)... - 47.6389
Curried Lentils And Rice
1. In a large heavy skillet or stock pot, combine the lentils, broth/water and salt.
2. Place on a medium high flame and bring to a boil skimming off the scum .
3. Reduce the heat and let the lentils simmer for 20 minutes.
4. In the mean time, in a... - 47.5851
Lentil Rice Salad
1) Wash the lentils well and drain them.
2) In a saucepan, with the uncooked lentils combine 2 cups of water.
3) Bring to boiling and reduce heat.
4) Simmer, covered and cook for about 5 minutes.
5) Add rice and simmer for 15 minutes more.
6) Remove... - 47.2914
1) In a pan, saute the onion in the butter, until softened.
2) Stir in the rice and and lentils, stir continuously and cook for 2 minutes.
3) Pour in 5 cups water, bring to a boil and simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes.
4) Stir in the salt to taste... - 46.6064
Bisi Bele Huliyana Sambar Bhath
1. Cook red gram till very soft.
2. Soak tamarind and extract juice.
3. Fry spices, coconut and other gram in a little fat and grind to a soft paste.
4. Add the spices, garam masala, curry leaves and washed rice to cooked gram. Add salt.
5. Add sufficient hot... - 43.9386
Kitchri Or Kitcheree From India
1) In a strainer, place the rice and lentils, rinse under cold water tap.
2) In a covered pan, gently cook with water and salt until almost dry.
3) Lastly stir in the butter or margarine.
4) Garnish with the tomatoes and serve immediately... - 36.4296
Moong Dal Khichdi
Moong dal khichdi is a simple to make Indian dish which can be prepared in a time frame of just 15-20 minutes. Here follows the recipe for the same. - 0
Indian Lentil Rice Recipes By Category