- » Indian Lentil Flour
Indian Lentil Flour Recipes
Enjoy our collection of indian lentil flour recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for indian lentil flour recipes.
Indian Style Lentil Meatballs
1) Into a saucepan, add in the lentils. Cover them with enough water and let boil.
2) Cover and cook on low flame for 15 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, add in the minced beef. Next, add in the onions and chillies alongwith the cumin, salt and pepper.
4)... - 45.8937
Dal Parantha (paratha) / Indian Flatbread
Learn how to make this delicious Indian flatbread with leftover cooked lentils and Wheat flour. You can make these really spicy or keep them mild by adjusting the spices. These are good for breakfast along with Yogurt, Pickle or Chutney of your choice and can... - 0
Have you ever tried this wonderful Dhokar Dalna recipe. I often make it as a treat for myself. Try making the Dhokar Dalna for yourself and you will understand why I am so addicted to it! - 52.6479
Easy And Simple Dal Dhokli- Indian Food
1. In a pan, heat oil and let cumin splutter in it.
2. Add green chili, asafoetida, and curry leaves. Saute briefly.
3. Pour boiled mashed dal and water as needed. Add turmeric powder and red chili powder.
4. In a bowl, combine flour,... - 0
Indian Poori is so favorite for my kids, that I prepare it quite frequently. I learnt this from one of my Indian friends. However, this video also shows you in detail the cooking procedure, from which you can easily learn and try out. - 115.033
Dal Samosa - Mini - Lentil Samosa Or Pie
In the mood to have some nice and tasty snack, then you are at the right place. Check out these yummy dal samosas which is one of the most popular snacks of India. Chef Bhavna shows how to prepare the tasty dal samosas in a matter of few minutes, do check out... - 93.7186
Red Lentil Lasagne
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion and garlic over a moderate heat for 5 minutes. Add the pepper and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add the basil, oregano and lentils, and cook gently for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and their... - 34.3424
Sauteed Lentil Croquettes
1. Pick the lentils over and remove any impurities that might be present
2. Wash the lentils well
3. Soak the lentils in double the amount of water overnight or for 3-6 hours
4. In a large pan, boil water and add the lentils to the... - 44.2211
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the lentils, flour, oil, tamari, spices, ½ cup wheat germ and salt.
4. Using a wooden spoon or your hands, mix the... - 46.8917
Lentils Baked In Sweet Sour Sauce
Blend in flour.
Gradually add stock.
Stir until thickened.
Add salt, yeast, vinegar and molasses.
Simmer 5 minutes.
Turn mixture into oiled casserole.
Bake, covered, at 350Â° F. for about 20 minutes, until... - 36.9465
Mash the lentils and egg yolk with a fork.
Mix in the flour, the spices and a little salt; the mixture should leave the sides of the bowl but be slightly sticky.
Leave it to rest and firm up for an hour.
Knead the mixture for a few minutes, then take... - 37.8388
Lentil And Nut Burgers
Fry the onions and mushrooms in the melted butter in the uncovered cooker for 2-3 minutes until just brown.
Stir in the lentils so that they are well coated with fat.
Add the stock, bouquet garni and seasoning.
Stir well, then put on the lid and bringto high... - 46.2472
Lentil And Vegetable Patties
Wash the lentils and boil in lightly salted water until soft but not mushy.
Remove from the heat and set aside (still in the cooking water) while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
Put the potatoes, carrots, onion, cauliflower, green chillies and fresh... - 46.8537
1) Roast peanuts and make a coarse powder.
2) Soak tamarind with about ½ cup of water and make pulp.
3) Now, cook dal with turmeric until dal is almost done.
4) Add the peanut powder, tamarind pulp, jiggery, salt and cook dal until fully done.
5)... - 45.4677
1)Make a coarse paste of first three ingredients and then add the powders and, with splashes.
2)In a wok, heat oil to smoking point.
3)In a pan, heat ghee and fry cumin. Add paste and cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
4)Remove from heat... - 50.854
1. Soak black gram overnight.
2. Crush next morning and remove skin.
3. Add crushed pepper, coriander and powdered masala.
4. Heat a little oil and fry gram mixture on a slow fire till cooked.
5. Add salt.
6. Make a dough with both flours and milk or curds.... - 42.8672
Gobi Dhal Curry
Place the lentils in a pan and pour over sufficient cold water to cover.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, then drain.
Fry the onions in the oil until softened.
Stir in the curry powder and flour and cook gently for 2 minutes.
Add the stock, nutmeg,... - 42.1734
Spicy Moong Dal Waffles
1. Soak the moong dal in water for 3 to 4 hours. Then wash it very well.
2. Blend the soaked dal in a blender with the green chillies and a little water.
3. Add the fenugreek leaves, gram flour (besan), asafoetida, soda bi-carbonate, sugar and salt and mix... - 30.687
Drumstick Thoran With Different Dals
Soak all three dals for 2-3 hours. Drain and grind well together. Mix in the leaves, add salt and cook gently till tender.
Grind the cumin and turmeric finely. Grind the coconut, onions and green chillies coarsely.
Heat 1/2 cup of oil and when hot, add the... - 33.6224
Moong Dal Kachori
1. Wash and soak gram overnight and grind it coarsely.
2. Chop ginger and coriander leaves; grate coconut.
3. Heat fat, add the gram and cook. Add grated coconut, coriander and cumin powder, asafoetida, ginger, coriander leaves, turmeric, chilli powder and... - 43.1315
Urad Dal Ki Roti Or Bhidhai
1. Soak dal overnight
2. Drain and grind coarsely.
3. Heat fat. Add gram, turmeric, coriander powder, ginger powder, chilli powder and salt.
4. Fry for a few minutes.
5. Cook with lid on, over gentle heat till gram is cooked.
6. Stir well. Remove and cool.
7.... - 46.4527
i. Wash and pressure cook the dal and the peanuts with 4 cups of water
ii. Cool the dal and blend it well. Don’t blend the peanuts
iii. Add the chopped tomatoes, green chillies, ginger, tamarind water, jaggery and the masalas to the dal and bring it to a... - 41.1463
Vegetable And Lentil Puff Pie
1. Preheat oven at 425 degrees F.
2. Line up puff pastry on a baking sheet sprinkled with flour.
3. In a bowl mix adding the sprouted brown lentil, shredded potato, shredded carrot, onion and coriander leaves, garlic paste, green chili... - 115.529
1. In a salad bowl add the wheat flour, bread flour, gram flour dal, chopped coriander, palak or spinach(if available) and cumin seeds.
2. Add oil, salt and chili powder and mix well.
3. Knead well without adding extra water to form a smooth... - 107.806
1. Bring the chickpeas and 2 cups of water to a simmer in a medium-size saucepan, and cook 2 minutes. Cover the pan and refrigerate overnight.
2. Bring the chickpeas to a boil over medium heat, cover and cook 15 minutes. Add the lentils, onion and bouillon... - 38.8106
Dal Ki Kachauri
1)Soak urad daal powder in warm water for about 4 hours and then drain it dry.
2)In a frying pan, heat oil and add mustard and asafetida for 2 minutes.
3)Add daal powder, salt and chilli powder. Cook for until moisture is evaporated on... - 45.0306
Dal Poories has a Scrumptious taste.The Amchur and Garam Masala gives the Dal Poories Unbelievable taste. must catch it - 42.0941
1. Sieve flour, rub in the fat.
2. Add salt and water and prepare a soft dough. Set aside for half an hour.
3. Knead well.
4. Divide into even sized balls.
5. Press the centre of each and put in prepared gram mixture. Close the opening well.
6. Flatten and... - 45.3513
Red Gram With Greens
1. Cook red gram in water.
2. Chop greens and green chillies.
3. Extract tamarind juice.
4. Add the gram, greens and tamarind extract to the tempering along with salt and boil well.
5. Serve hot. - 36.6521
Chana No Atto No Poro
Mix all ingredients except oil with enough water to make a paste of dropping consistency.
Divide mixture into two portions.
Heat a small frying pan.
Add enough oil to cover base of pan.
Pour one portion of mixture into pan and cook till base is set.
Carefully... - 43.9944
Clean, wash and cook the red lentil with lots of water till soft.
Prepare a thick dough by kneading well all the dhokli ingredients together, using adequate water.
Roll out big size rotis, slightly thicker than normal and cut into one inch... - 45.1936
Rajasthani Dal Baati
Try this Rajasthani regional specialty of India for your next family get together. This recipe will sure make you savor the taste of real traditional Indian cooking. The blend of ingredients in this Rajasthani Dal Baati makes it completely irresistable.Watch... - 95.6878
Urad Dal Vada
1)In a pan, heat oil to smoking point.
2)In a bowl, add all the ingredients, except for oil, and make a thick paste adding water as needed.
3)Take a greased plastic sheet and drop a tablespoon of the batter on it. With wet fingers make... - 44.5685
1. Prepare soft dough first and keep aside.
2. Grind chana dal coarsely, adding very little water in a mixer. Add jeera powder, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, garam masala and salt and let the mixer run for 3-5 minute as it will add some air to batter... - 37.3298
This delicious layered paratha is just the Indian bread you were looking for. Make a value addition to your menu with this tasty mouthwatering paratha. Goes great with a dal(lentils) or Indian curry. - 36.2124
This Ragi Roti is an incredibly healthy breakfast or brunch pick to make. Made using rice and rye flour and given fine flavoring this typical Indian roti is a treat in itself. Believe me, this dish is well worth the effort. - 44.1369
Moong Dal Dhoklas
1. Soak the moong dal for 2 hours. Drain.
2. Add the green chillies and a little water and grind in a mixer.
3. Add the gram flour, curds, asafoetida and salt.
4. When you want to serve, add the fruit salt and mix well.
5. Pour the mixture into two thalis of... - 38.5435
A deep fried dal stuffed bread from Uttarakhand. - 0
Traditional Purnam Burelu
If you are looking for a traditional Indian dessert recipe, then here is a nice option. Purnam burelu is a popular sweet treat in Southern part of India, which is served mostly as a sacred offering to God. This particular dessert brings a flavor of authentic... - 115.194
Bhatt Ki Chudkani
This is another favorite dish of Uttarakhand, savored with rice on cold winter days. - 32.2085
Puran Poli - Part 1: Preparing The Dough And Filling
Puran Poli is a traditional Maharashtrian dessert which is quite popular. It is specially prepared for the occasion of Marathi new year and holi. However, this dish is so delicious that you really do not have to wait for a special day to treat your family to... - 115.063
Whole Wheat Plain Paratha
1. In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, salt to taste, baking powder if desired and oil well.
2. Add little water at a time, mix and then knead to get semi-soft consistency in the dough.
3. Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and leave it for about 15-20... - 103.439
Chapati is a staple in much of India and Pakistan, and also in other parts of SE Asia and Africa as well. It is often made fresh for each meal and even children learn to make this basic and easy bread. Often, the finished chapatis are brushed with ghee... - 42.2697
Khichiya Papad- Start To Finish
If you're looking for the perfect recipe of the gujarati khichiya papdi, then look no further. Chef Bhavna shows the traditional way of making Khichiya papdi from start to finish. Don't forget to watch the video for this amazing recipe. - 93.1626
This Handvoh is a lovely dish ! I love this savory lentil cake from Kathiyawad for breakfast or for a snack ! Try this with coriander chutney and your joy will know no bounds ! Feel free to share your views about this Handvoh with me ! - 49.4495
1) In a bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
2) Gradually work in enough water to make a soft dough.
3) Divide the dough into 10 pieces and flatten them into circles on a lightly floured surface.
4) Cover the dough circles with a towel and allow to... - 33.5621
Tandoori naan is probably North India’s favorite flat bread and one of the most ordered bread at any Indian restaurant. Most people look forward to ordering this delicious tandoor baked bread to soak up the curry, dal or gravy. It is not easy to replicate... - 120.499
The South Indian Medu vada is a savoury fried donut made of a fermented batter.It is a favourite on many occasions and is an excellent breakfast and snack item in most South Indian homes and spreads. It is best when served with coconut chutney and sambar... - 39.3652
Easy Gobi Dhal Curry
Gobi Dhal Curry has a great taste. Gobi Dhal Curry gets its taste from lentils mixed with cauliflower and chicken stock, topped with nuts. Gobi Dhal Curry is inspired by many restaurants across the world. - 44.6054
Pasta With Dal
1. Add a pinch of salt to all purpose flour and mix. Then add water and mix well in to a tough dough and keep it aside for 1.30 hrs (maintain the consistency of a pasta dough)
2. Boil the lentils and blend it in to a fine paste.
3. Take another pan and add... - 34.1747
Prepare the semolina by dry roasting the millet and grinding in a dry grinder or coffee mill.
The semolina must be of coarse texture, not fine.
But perhaps you are lucky enough to get your friendly neighbourhood flour mill to do this for you.
Clean, wash and... - 40.6673
Savory Stuffed Puri
Fried Stuffed Puris has a fine taste. Fried Stuffed Puris gets its taste from gram lentils and flavored with spices. Fried Stuffed Puris is cherished by many around the world. - 42.0619
Dal And Pea Puri
1. Pick and wash lentil, shell peas. Crush green chillies into small pieces.
2. Put in all ingredients except salt and cook gently till tender and all water has evaporated.
3. Add salt. Remove from fire.
4. Sift flour. Add second lot of salt.
5. Make a well... - 40.4102
Poppy Seed Pakoras
Fried Poppy-seed Balls. It goes very well with steamed rice and lentil. - 30.5713
For Dahi -
1. Blend dahi (curd/ Yogurt), green chillies, salt, cumin powder, ginger with little water till it is smooth.
2. Blend the curd (yogurt) and little water until it is smooth.
3. Keep in refrigerator for an hour to get chilled.
For Vada -
1.... - 38.3245
Spinach Fritters Or Modified Gotas As Appetizers
Deep-fried fritters have always been irresistible. The spinach fritters are no exception. How often you like to snack on something, but somehow failed to find the right combo. Bhal Dave's spinach fritters are the perfect answer. - 77.3328
Fried Wheat Poori
Circles of Delight …an amazing video to prepare crisp and golden Indian bread with wheat. This involves simple steps of mixing the basic dough and kneading well – there is no big secret to it – yet it makes for extremely tasty and mouth-watering... - 131.409
Dal Ki Dulhan
The name may sound funny for those who have never heard of this recipe. It is a yellow dal cooked with dumplings of wheat flour and seasoned with a fragrant tempering. - 0
1.In a mini-chopper, place the quartered onion and chop finely, then add half the lentils and switch on again till the lentils have become a purée.
2.Now combine the puréed lentils with the meat, the rest of the lentils, the cardamom... - 110.463
1. Cut tops off tomatoes and scoop out pulp. Sprinkle with salt and place inverted on racks.
2. Boil and mash-lentil and potatoes.
3. Chop onions and chillies.
4. Heat part of the fat and fry onions.
5. Mix together onions, chillies and salt with mashed... - 39.4141
The yummy parsi dish, Chicken Dhansak is a meal in itself! Serve the Chicken Dhansak the next time you host a party! I promise you, your guests will love the flavor of Chicken Dhansak! - 47.9725
Boil dal in plenty of water till soft but not broken. Drain in a colander for 10-15 minutes. Pass through an almond grater little by little till all dal is grated. Mash jaggery till lumps break. Mix well into dal. Put mixture in a heavy saucepan and cook till... - 23.4592
Paneer Corn Rawa Waffles
1. Combine the semolina, urad dal flour, curds, green chillies, cumin seeds, asafoetida, coriander, salt and approximately 1 cup of water. Mix well to get a smooth batter.
2. Add me fruit salt and mix gently.
3. Pre-heat a waffle iron.
4. Lightly grease the... - 36.5519
Green Pea Pankis
Green pea pankis are pancake like preparation made with rice and lentil flour along with green peas. Flavored with cumin and coriander and moistened with curd, the green pea pankis are coked on a griddle between banana leaves and best served hot with green... - 47.3466
Luchi is a type of puffed bread and it is very popular to all Bengali people. Basically, it is a breakfast item served with spicy potato curry, Bengal gram lentil or spicy chicken. However, you can also serve it with fruit jam or honey. In many of the Bengali... - 40.2482
A Gujarati Dinner From Mumbai, India
If you have run out of ideas to serve a different style of dinner platter, consider these amazing vegetarian authentic Gujarati recipes, coming from a US chef! Bale Dave adds a special touch to the typical Indian main course khichdee (mix of lentils and rice)... - 82.4801
Puran Poli Or Vermi Or Obbattu/hollige
To all those who are looking for this famous recipe, will find this video very useful. This is a traditional recipe. In India we call it Puran Poli. This is very tasty and easy to make. Before serving you can add clarified butter over the roti. This dish is... - 106.351