- » Indian Lentil
Indian Lentil Recipes
Enjoy our collection of indian lentil recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for indian lentil recipes.
Simple Lentil Chili And Sautéed Kale With Sun-dried Tomatoes
Here is a super healthy vegetarian dish that everyone will love. Lentil Chili and Sautéed Kale with Sun-Dried Tomatoes makes the perfect vegetarian main course dish. You can serve it with whatever you like. Watch and learn the recipe from this video. Cheers! - 105.274
Quick And Healthy Lentil Soup
Quick and healthy lentil soup is a wonderful way to warm up your belly when you are hungry without compromising with your health. Watch this video for this simple and delicious soup that will keep you going for a long time. - 94.1291
I like this healthy Dal Palak Recipe. This recipe will help you in living longer. Dal Palak is an Indian dish mostly eaten during lunch. It goes well with plain rice, but it can also be eaten with roti. You should try this Dal Palak recipe. - 47.6887
Vegetable Lentil Burgers
1) In a saucepan, place the lentils, potato and carrot with just enough cold water to cover. Let soak.
2) Preheat the grill moderately.
3) Boil the lentils and vegetables rapidly for 10 minutes, then cover and simmer over a moderate heat... - 47.3072
Bitter Gourds With Chana Dhal
Wash the bitter gourds and pat dry with kitchen paper.
Peel off the rough skins and slice the gourds, discarding the seeds.
Place the sliced gourds in a bowl, rubbing the tablespoon of salt into the slices.
Set aside for about 1 hour.
Meanwhile, wash the... - 46.8446
Lentil And Tomato Soup
1) In a bowl, place the haricot beans with boiling water to cover and allow to soak for 1 hour.
2) Pour off the water and allow the beans to drain well.
3) In the cooker, melt the lard or dripping, and saute bacon, onion, carrots until... - 46.2601
Sweet And Tangy Lentils And Rice
Drain peppers, reserving liquid.
Chop 3 peppers; reserve remaining peppers in liquid for another use.
Combine chopped pepper, minced cilantro, and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
Cover and set aside.
Combine water, lentils, and green onions in a saucepan;... - 44.844
1 In a grinder jar, add garlic, chillies, ginger and onion.
2 Grind into a fine paste.
3 Add in red chillies and turmeric powder.
4 In a pan, heat the ghee.
5 Add in the cumin seeds and fry till brown.
6 Add in the prepared paste and fry till... - 44.8044
Lentils With Garlic And Tomatoes
1. In a large (2 ½ -3 quart) skillet or heavy pan, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. Add the garlic to the hot oil and sauté it just until soft and golden.
3. Tip in the tomatoes and sauté about 5 minutes until sauce like consistency.
4. Stir in... - 44.7608
Sweet And Sour Lentils
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, add the chicken broth and the lentils. Allow it to come to a boil.
2) Turn down the flame and continue cooking for about 20 to 30 minutes, until the lentils just start to become tender.
3) Mix in the onions, oil, lemon juice,... - 44.3848
Lentil And Tomato Salad
1. In a large saucepan, Bring lentils, chopped onion, water, bay leaf and salt to a boil, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes such that tender but not mushy.
2. Drain, discard bay leaf and into a salad bowl pour lentil mixture.
3. Into warm lentil... - 44.1209
Red Lentil And Bulgur Salad With Cashews And Corn
1. In a pot of boiling water add the 1 teaspoon salt and gradually stir in the bulgur.
2. Remove the pot from the heat, cover it tightly to allow the bulgur to steam for 20 minutes such that it is tender.
3. In another pot place the lentils,... - 43.5678
Goats Cheese Chicken With Warm Lentils And Sweet Beets
1) Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas mark 7.
2) In a roasting tin, place the beetroot and shallots together.
3) Drizzle with honey and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
4) Season to taste then toss thoroughly to coat.
5) Cover with foil and roast... - 43.3119
Tomato Lentil Soup
1) Into a skillet, pour in the oil and saute the garlic, onion, carrot and potatoes
2) Add in the lentils. Tomato juice, water, thyme vegetable salt and bring to a boil for I hour
3) Once the soup is boiled, take off from the heat and top with grated... - 42.602
Spiced Lentil Soup
Peel and chop the onions.
Skin and chop the tomatoes.
This soup can be served without sieving or liquidizing, in which .
case, chop the onions and tomatoes finely and neatly.
Heat the butter or margarine and cook the onions and tomatoes for 5 minutes.
Add the... - 42.3683
Quick Lentil Chili
In a 1 1/2-quart casserole, combine the water, lentils, and bay leaf.
Microwave on high for 10 minutes.
Stir well, then microwave on high for 10 minutes.
Cover, set aside, and keep warm.
In a 2 1/2-quart casserole, combine the onions, carrots, garlic, chili... - 42.3529
Toor Dal Palak Curry
Pressure cook DAL with 1 cup of water,1teasppon Oil,1teaspoon haldi,cool and mash well, and keep aside
Heat oil in a broad vessel.Add green chillies,tomato,chopped palak and fry well.
Add chilli pd cumin pd and 1,4 cup of water,cook the palak well.
Add mashed... - 42.1168
Tomato Lentil Soup
1. In a large skillet, add lentils and four cups of water and bring to a boil; turn the heat down and allow to simmer
2. Peel the garlic and mix it with the lentils along with carrots and celery and simmer them till he lentils are tender
3. Add tamari,... - 41.6632
Lahsun Dal Palak
This recipe for Lasooni Dal Palak was told to me by my mum and I jumped at the idea of making this yummy dal in my daily food. This is also a simple and easy recipe so one can cook it within 15 to 20 mins and also it is very delicious. Can be eaten with rice... - 41.5071
Khichiri East Indian Rice And Lentils
1) In a heavy saucepan, add the lentils, onion and broth, simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Stir in the rice, salt, and chili peppers, then simmer covered for 20 minutes until the rice is tender and almost dry. Then remove the lid and... - 40.9955
Lentil Salad In Tomatoes
Cook lentils according to label directions.
Drain well While still hot, combine with onions and radishes.
Stir in garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Taste for seasoning.
Chill at least 1 hour.
Cut tomatoes crosswise.
Scoop out seeds and... - 40.7716
Indian Lentils With Rice
1 ln a large heavy saucepan, heat the oil over moderately high heat until very hot but not smoking.
Add the onions and stir to coat with the oil.
Add 1/4 cup of the stock, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are... - 40.7086
Gingered Lentil Soup With Brown Rice And Sweet Potatoes
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the carrots and onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes, or until tender.
Add the ginger, garlic, cumin, pepper, and allspice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add the water, lentils, and rice and... - 40.3689
Spicy Tomato And Lentil Soup
1. Heat the sunflower oil in a large heavy-based saucepan and cook the chopped onion gently for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Stir in the garlic, ginger and cumin, followed by the tomatoes and lentils. Cook over a low heat for a further 3-4 minutes.
3. Stir in... - 39.8415
Moong Dal With Palak
Soak a cup of Moong Dal in water & keep aside for 3 hours.
Wash & Drain Spinach & chop it finely (chopped frozen spinach is also a good option).
Heat oil in a skillet. Add mustard seeds, when they splutter, add cumin seeds.
Add chopped onions, ginger... - 39.1668
Lentils With Minted Cucumbers And Basil Tomatoes
In a large pot of boiling water, cook the lentils for 15 minutes, or until tender but firm.
Drain; rinse in cold water.
In a medium bowl, combine the lentils, scallions and orange juice; toss gently.
In another medium bowl, stir together the... - 39.1047
Wash Toor Dal. Pressure cook Dal with 2 cups water with tomato, spinach, turmeric powder for up to 3 whistles. Keep aside.
Heat 3 tbs oil in a shallow pan. Add mustard seeds & allow them to splutter; Then add cumin seeds, dry red chilly, onion, garlic pods &... - 38.3658
Spiced Lentil Pocket Bread Sandwiches
Sort through lentils and discard any debris or rocks.
Rinse, drain, and place in 3- to 4-quart pan with 1 quart water, bay leaf, chili, and cumin seed.
Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until lentils are just tender to bite, about 40 minutes.
Let... - 37.8954
Vegetable And Lentil Soup
1. Place onion and 2 tablespoons stock in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in carrots, zucchini (courgettes), parsnip, celery and tomatoes, and cook for
2 minutes longer. Add remaining stock, bring to the boil, then... - 37.8742
Pressure cook dal with salt and turmeric powder. Whisk until creamy.
Add ginger, green chillies, tomato puree and spinach. Cook until spinach becomes soft and everything blends together.
Heat oil/butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds. when they splutter add garlic... - 37.874
Chicken Curry With Spiced Lentils
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add garlic, coriander, turmeric and cardamom and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until brown.
2. Add stock, coconut milk, potatoes and red pepper and mix to combine.... - 37.7461
Lentil Corn Pilaf
1 In a 2-quart saucepan boil water. Stir in lentils and bell pepper.
2 Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until lentils are tender.Drain if necessary.
3 Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes,stirring occasionally... - 36.9851
Lentils Baked In Sweet Sour Sauce
Blend in flour.
Gradually add stock.
Stir until thickened.
Add salt, yeast, vinegar and molasses.
Simmer 5 minutes.
Turn mixture into oiled casserole.
Bake, covered, at 350Â° F. for about 20 minutes, until... - 36.9465
Pasta With Spiced Lentils And Tomatoes
In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the oil with the garlic and onion over moderate heat.
When they sizzle, add the cumin, coriander, ginger, and red pepper flakes and saute for 1 minute more.
Add the tomatoes, breaking them up with your hands, and stir in... - 36.4237
Lentil And Corn Soup
Place the onions and carrots in a large, heavy-bottom saucepan with the oil.
Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent.
Add the water, lentils, tomatoes, corn, and sweet potatoes.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat,... - 35.5899
East Indian Lentil Kedgeree
Heat oil in large pot.
Saute onion and garlic.
Add rest of ingredients, except rice, to pot and cover.
Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Then add rice.
Cover again and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
Drain off any remaining liquid.
Steam lentil-rice mixture until... - 35.3615
Pressure cooks the chopped spinah leaves along with the thoor dhal, onions,green chilli, tomatoes, chilli powder, tamarind, and turmeric powder. Add some water to cook.
Once its cooked well, mash the dhal along with the spinach mixture well with a laddle.... - 35.3413
Spiced Rice And Lentils
1. Drain the lentils and put in a large pan. Add enough water to cover by 5 cm / 2 in. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 40 minutes to 1 1/2 hours, or until tender. Drain thoroughly.
2. Finely chop one onion, and slice the other. Heat 15 ml / 1 tbsp oil... - 35.034
Moong Dal With Palak
1. Wash and soak gram in double the quantity of water for one hour.
2. Cook till soft.
3. Pick and wash spinach. Add to gram and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Add salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Remove from fire.
4. Heat oil. Fry asafoetida and pour over dal.... - 34.1592
Lentil And Tomato Soup
The lentil and tomato soup is a filling and heaty soup prepared with lentils, onions, butter and tomatoes all cooked together. Simmered to perfection, the lentil and tomto soup has cheese added in the end and is seasoned to taste and served hot. - 33.7184
Quick Red Lentils
1. Wash the lentils. Put them into a large pan with the onion, garlic, celery, cumin, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric, bay leaf and fresh water. Bring to the boil, cover the pan and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
2.... - 32.6359
Lentil Corn Burgers
1. Mash the lentils roughly in a large bowl. Add the corn germ and oats. Heat the oil in a small skillet and saute the onion and garlic until tender but not browned. Add to the lentils.
2. Stir in the carrot, salt, pepper, thyme, lemon juice, and egg. Mix... - 32.6347
Tomato And Lentil Soup
Simmer the tomatoes and lentils (which can be soaked overnight in the stock) together with the well seasoned stock and bouquet garni until tender.
Remove the bouquet garni and beat the mixture well with a wooden spoon.
Heat with the butter and seasoning for... - 32.0086
Vegetable And Lentil Cottage Pie
1. Wash the lentils. Cover with plenty of cold water in a large saucepan. Add the bay leaves, bring to the boil, cover the pan and simmer gently for 25 minutes or until the lentils are soft. Drain well and reserve the stock. Remove the bay leaves and set... - 31.6218
Quick Lentils With Onion And Celery
In skillet, heat margarine over medium-high heat; cook onions, celery and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
Add lentils and oregano; cook until heated through.
Season with salt and pepper to taste; sprinkle with parsley. - 31.2658
Sweet And Sour Lentils
1. Bring the broth to a boil in a kettle and add the bay leaf, salt, and lentils. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
2. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir to mix well and cook for 5 minutes, or until the lentils are tender. - 30.8633
Lentils And Sun Dried Tomatoes With Shells
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and Italian seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 4-5 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook about 2 minutes... - 30.3896
Lentil And Tomato Salad
1. Put the lentils in a large saucepan with plenty of cold water. Do not add salt. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for about 10-12 minutes. If done to your liking, strain and set aside.
2. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the rice, simmer... - 29.1164
Quick Curried Lentils
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, cumin and coriander; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened.
2. Add lentils, tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 35 minutes or until... - 28.2607
Sweet Sour Lentil Sauce
Combine all ingredients.
Simmer for 10 minutes in covered saucepan.
Good with plain steamed fish. - 18.0207
Punjabi Rajma Masala
Rajma Masala is made with red kidney beans with are a very rich source of proteins and dietary fiber. Apart from these the beans are also rich in essential nutrients such as iron, calcium and even vitamin C. - 0
"Moong dal" or Yellow split dal are lentils that are stripped of their outer hulls and split. This delicious and simple thick stew prepared with this variety of lentil is regularly eaten with rice and vegetables all over India, and with both rice and roti. - 0
Its a classic everyday simple dal recipe. Served with roti, rice along with other side dishes. - 0
Zero Oil Yellow Daal
Its a healthy zero oil daal recipe. The taste of it is yet flavorful and aromatic. If you are a calorie counter, this one is for you.. - 0
Swadisht Masoor Ki Daal (delicious Red Lentils)
Masoor ki Dal is one of the easiest and healthy dals, you can make in your busy schedule. You don’t need any vegetables along with this dal, you can simply have dal and rice for lunch. - 0
Easy Mung Dhuli Dal
Looking for an easy and quick to make split yellow lentil (mung dhuli dal) recipe? This recipe has the dal cooked in a few seasonings and spices, yet full of flavor to satisfy any taste bud. - 0
Moong Dal Methi Dal
Fenugreek leaves dal is a very healthy lentil that is generally eaten with rotis in India. However, it is also enjoyed with rice. This dal is a rich source of proteins (from the mung bean) and minerals and vitamins from the fenugreek leaves. Hence, ideal for... - 0
Tadke Wali Moong Ki Dal
Dal is an integral part in a north Indian meal. Moong dal is light and healthy. A twist of desi tadka makes it much more interesting. - 0
Simple And Quick Moong Sabut Dal
Whole green gram (moong sabut dal) is one of the popular Indian dishes, which can be prepared in both liquid and dry form, with the liquid version going well along with rice, and the dry form as a good accompaniment to chapatti. Here I am going to share a... - 0
Yet another simple and mouth watering dal recipe. It calls for arhar dal cooked with tomatoes and seasoned with spices. - 0
Gadbad Ki Dal
Dal is a vital part in pure Indian meals, may it be in form of dal tadka in north or sambhar in south. In this recipe I have mixed up 4 types of dals and tempered with onion and tomato. - 0
How To Cook Lentils? Masoor Daal
Learn how to prepare brown lentils (simple Indian way) in pressure cooker. These lentils (Daal) is called whole (sabut) Masoor and once cooked is given a nice tadka (tempering/seasoning) and served with roti (phulka), rice or naan. - 0
Spicy Mixed Dal
With five protein-rich dals, this spicy mixed dal version combines curds and traditional spices to give a tangy, spicy, delectable accompaniment for parathas and rotis. This dal can be prepared easily and quickly, but remember to soak them together for an... - 0
Toovar Dal With Vegetables
Toovar Dal with Vegetables is a wholesome dish, full of vegetables and protein-rich dal. You need not stick to the veggies I have used -- just open your fridge and throw in anything you find. You will love the fact that such a tasty and sumptuous dish can be... - 0
Darbari Dal (zero Oil)
Straight from royal kitchens, healthy though unlike its traditional version is oil free, and replaces fat rich ingredients like coconut with lots of veggies, pulses and coriander. A combination of dal and veggies is flavored with spices like garlic paste,... - 0
Masala Masoor Dal- Zero Oil
Masoor, a very nutritious lentil, is also very pleasing to the palate. Cooked in well-chosen spices, this dal is not only tasty and zero-oil but also brims with protein, iron and folic acid. It goes well with cooked rice. Soaking masoor dal overnight not only... - 0
Chana Dal With Lauki
It is a dal recipe cooked with bottle gourd and tempered with a beautiful blend of ingredients. The use of badi makes it more interesting and gives it a twist. - 0
Chana Ki Dal With Tamatar And Hari Mirch Tadka
This is a common Indian dal dish made in tomato based gravy, enjoyed with both rice and roti. Chana dal is produced from black chickpeas after getting rid of their outer layer and splitting the kernels. - 0
Tuvar Dal With Peanuts- Indian Food
1. Pressure cook the dal in water with peanuts and turmeric powder.
2. In half cup water mix red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
3. In pan, heat oil add asafoetida, and mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
4.... - 0
Simple Tuvar Dal- Indian Food
1. Pressure cook dal in water with turmeric and oil. Mash and set aside.
2. In a pan heat oil and add cumin and green chili. Stir and let splutter.
3. Add asafoetida, curry leaves, and boiled mashed dal. Pour water to get desired... - 0
Bottlegourd Dal - Sorakaya Pappu
This is a simple dal and very comforting side dish that is perfect for everyday cooking. The natural taste of the bottle gourd adds nice flavor to the dal and make it really tasty without any spices other than the basic spices. - 0
Moong Dal Recipe is a very popular recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Moong Dal by following this easy recipe - 0
Creamy Spicy Dal Makhani
This is a delicious dal preparation that is especially popular in North India. This dal is prepared by combining whole black gram and red kidney bean, making it is a protein rich dish. It is also high in dietary fiber and essential minerals such as iron,... - 0
Indian Lentil Recipes By Category
Indian Lentil Ingredient: