Indian Lamb Curry
- » Indian Lamb Vegetable Curry
Indian Lamb Vegetable Curry Recipes
Enjoy our collection of indian lamb vegetable curry recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for indian lamb vegetable curry recipes.
East Indian Lamb Curry
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet with a lid over medium-high heat.
Add onions; cook, stirring constantly, about 8 minutes, or until browned.
Add almonds, ginger and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat for 5... - 44.4648
This lamb curry is a fruited lamb recipe. Cooked with apples, this lamb curry has vegetables like tomatoes and onions in it. Flavored with chutney and sour cream along with curry powder, it makes a savory dish. Garnished with peanuts, it is best served hot. - 45.1423
Sweet And Sour Lamb
Cut meat from bones in large pieces.
Trim away all fat and cut lean meat intol-inch cubes. (Save bones and use for soup stock.)
Use some of the lamb fat to grease a large heavy saucepan.
Add meat and brown well on all sides.
Add 1 cup water and... - 42.6714
Tomato Lamb Curry
Trim away excess fat from lamb, cut into 2.5cm cubes.
Heat oil in large pan, gradually add enough lamb to cover base of pan in single layer, cook over high heat stirring until golden brown all over, remove from pan.
Repeat with remaining lamb until all is... - 44.6366
Fast Lamb Curry
1. Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over a medium heat, add curry paste and cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add lamb and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until lamb changes colour and is tender. Remove lamb mixture from pan and set aside.
2. Add red pepper... - 35.0849
7 Deadly Lamb Curry
1. Coat bottom of a stock pot with vegetable oil, add the cumin seeds and toast them over medium/high heat.
2. Add onions, cooking until they begin to turn brown. Add ginger and garlic then cook for 5 minutes making sure to stir constantly so it does... - 0
Peanut & Lamb Curry
1. In a medium (2-quart) microwaveable casserole, add the lamb, breaking the ground meat chunks with a spoon.
2. Brown the meat in the microwave at HIGH for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meat loses its pinkish color
3. Drain off the... - 47.0041
1) Cut meat into cubes.
2) Peel and chop onion.
3) Chop tomato; seed and slice pepper; halve or slice larger mushrooms.
4) Scrub potatoes but don't peel; cut into chunks.
5) In a skillet, heat butter and oil and fry onion till... - 44.9919
Fragrant Lamb Curry
1. In a heavy saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic with the red pepper flakes, bay leaf and half of the curry powder and turmeric, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, or until the onion is wilted and fragrant.... - 36.5026
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) In a broiling pan on a rack, broil the lamb, turning once, until rare and evenly browned, keep aside.
3) In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, saute the fruits, onion and garlic in the oil over a medium heat for 2 to... - 44.3287
Heat butter in a large frying pan or saucepan.
Add lamb and brown thoroughly.
Add curry powder, pepper, and ginger.
Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
Add onion, garlic, green pepper, and celery; cook, stirring, about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are limp.
Add... - 43.6842
Tomato Lamb Curry
Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
When hot, add the bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom pods, and peppercorns and cook until they begin to pop, 2-3 minutes.
Add the lamb and onion and cook, stirring, until the onion and the lamb are lightly... - 40.0806
Tomato Lamb Curry
Wash lamb thoroughly and cut them into 1 inch pieces. Marinade lamb using yogurt, dhaniya powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and chilly powder. Mix well so that the marinade coats all the pieces well. Refrigerate for at... - 35.6504
Curry Ring With Cold Lamb Salad
The curry ring cold lamb salad is a gelatin and cooked lamb ring salad mold. Made with added eggs, vegetables and mayonnaise, the curry ring cold lamb salad is spiced with curry powder and flavored with white wine. Elegant and savory, the curry ring lamb... - 43.3577
Red Curry Lamb Chops
Heat oil in large pan; cook lamb chops, uncovered, until browned both sides and cooked as desired.
Drain on absorbent paper; cover to keep warm.
Drain oil from pan.
Add paste; cook, stirring, until fragrant.
Stir in coconut milk, juice, sugar and sauce.
Bring... - 38.7058
Braised Lamb With Marjoram Gravy
1) In a Dutch Oven, add the meat and brown well on all sides. Add in water, onion, salt, celery seed and pepper. Let the mixture boil. Cook on simmer for 45 minutes.
2) Add in potatoes and carrots. Cook for 30 minutes on simmer. Add in the celery and... - 42.693
Sweet And Sour Lamb
Partially freeze lamb.
Cut on the bias into thin bite-size strips; set aside.
Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
Add enough water to to juice to make 3/4 cup liquid.
Stir in vinegar, tomato sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and bouillon granules.
Spray a wok or large... - 49.6083
Lamb Curry Calcutta
In a large skillet, heat oil.
Add meat cubes and brown on all sides.
Add onions, apples and garlic.
Cook until onion is tender, but not brown, stirring frequently.
Add curry powder, cayenne pepper, flour and salt, stirring well to coat meat evenly.
Add beef... - 44.0362
Madras Lamb Curry
This flavorful lamb curry is made with a limited number of ingredients but has a lovely taste to it. prepared with indian curry powder, this lamb curry has the fresh taste of coconut in it with a hint of garlic. You can added to the vegetables if you desire... - 41.8773
Cut meat into 1 1/2-inch cubes, and roll in flour.
Melt butter or margarine in large skillet, and saute' onions and garlic until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Lift out vegetables, and set aside.
Saute meat cubes in pan, adding more butter or margarine if... - 42.3072
1. For spice paste, in a pan, add coconut, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, curry leaves, and peppercorns. Dry roast for 5 minutes or until coconut in browned. Let it cool.
2. Put roasted spices into the food processor. Gradually... - 103.749
Curry Of Lamb With Apple
Combine the vegetables and apple in a heavy saucepan; add the chicken broth and pineapple juice.
Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer slowly until reduced to one-half the original amount.
Add the seasoning at the end of the cooking.
Strain the sauce,... - 36.9314
Microwave Lamb Curry
1. Halve the bananas in lengthwise and crosswise manner.
2. Coat the halved bananas with lemon juice and keep it aside.
3. Take a glass casserole, and add ground lamb in it and cook on ROAST (7) settings for 4 minutes and stir once... - 46.8783
Saute onions, apple, garlic and gingerroot in oil in skillet until onions are light brown.
Stir in turmeric, coriander, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and chili powder.
Cook for several minutes, stirring constantly.
Add lamb; mix well.
Cook until lamb is... - 47.3577
Lamb Curry Platter
1. Saute onion and garlic in vegetable oil until soft in a kettle or Dutch oven; stir in curry powder; saute for 1 minute longer. Stir in cubed lamb, applesauce-and-apri-cots, instant chicken broth or bouillon cubes, salt, allspice, water and lemon juice;... - 35.1345
Lamb Curry With Apricots
1) In a small bowl, combine apricots and 2 cups hot water.
2) Keep aside.
3) Take a Dutch oven and coat it with cooking spray.
4) Add lamb, and cook, stirring frequently, until browned on all sides.
5)Remove lamb, and drain on paper... - 47.2467
1) In a pan, add half the amount of oil and heat.
2) Add onion and garlic and fry till onion turns transparent.
3) Add the ginger and coconut and lower heat, to cook gently for 2 minutes.
4) Add in the curry powder, stock, and seasoning and allow to... - 44.4138
Quick Lamb Curry
Crumble lamb into a wide frying pan over medium heat; cook, stirring, until browned, then spoon off and discard all but 2 tablespoons fat.
Add garlic, onion, curry powder, ginger, and cumin; reduce heat to low and cook, stirring often, until onion is very... - 40.4435
Microwaved Lamb Curry
Lamb Curry is an amazingly delicious side dish which cannot just escape your guest's attention in any party. Serve this Lamb Curry recipe to them, I bet everyone will praise for your creativity. - 43.851
Curry Lamb Ragout
Curry Lamb Ragout has a Appetizing taste.The Yoghurt and Curry Powder gives the Curry Lamb Ragout Dissimilar taste. - 44.0206
Lamb Curry In Cucumber Cups
Using a small melon bailer, scoop out a pocket on one side of each cucumber round, being careful not to cut through cucumber.
Drain, pocket side down, on a baking sheet lined with paper towels and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
In a large skillet, saute... - 40.5382
Lamb Bake Indian
1. In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot salad oil, cook lamb until well browned, removing pieces to bowl as they brown.
2. To drippings remaining in skillet, add onion; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Stir in... - 33.5584
Lamb Rogan Josh
The aroma of curry dishes tickles any food lover's palate. It is a very common dish in the countries of India, Pakistan, Singapore, and the United Kingdom. The Indian cuisine has made plenty of influences in the food that people around the world enjoy and... - 45.043
Combine meat and yogurt in skillet.
Simmer until half cooked approximately 1/2 hour.
Place quartered onion, garlic, ginger, paprika, pepper, turmeric, coriander, poppy seeds, cumin, chili powder, cloves, cinnamon, coconut and salt in food chopper using... - 45.6672
Grind the cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, cinnamon, cloves, and peppercorns in a coffee grinder.
Transfer to a bowl.
Add the vinegar to the ground spices.
Stir in the mustard, chili powder, paprika, turmeric, and sugar, and mix well.
Add the lamb and mix... - 46.0235
German Lamb In Sour Cream
If lamb is fat, brown in oil in skillet; drain well.
Combine 1/2 cup flour with salt, dill seed, caraway seed and rosemary; toss with lamb cubes to coat thoroughly.
Place lamb cubes in lightly oiled crock pot.
Stir in remaining ingredients except the 2... - 41.8582
Kashmiri Rack Of Lamb
For a marinade, mix 1 tbsp oil, the Patak's paste, yogurt, crushed pepper and mint sauce in a bowl.
Smear this marinade onto the lamb.
Cover it with foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Take the lamb out of the fridge; rest for 30 minutes.
Preheat the... - 48.4409
Simmered Keema Matar
Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add the minced onions and stir-fry until golden brown.
Stir in all the remaining ingredients except the last five.
Continue to stir-fry until the oil just starts to float.
Add the lamb or beef, chopped... - 47.414
Place the yogurt, cardamom, ginger, garlic, and almonds in a blender and blend to a smooth paste.
In a wide-based, nonstick pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
Add the lamb, onions, bay leaves, and cloves, and stir-fry for 10 minutes or until the... - 47.1388
Brains In Brown Gravy
Poach the brains in 2 cups [1/2 liter] of water, adding 3/4 teaspoon [4 ml.] of the salt and the turmeric.
When they are cooked and firm, after about 20 minutes, drain them and let them cool.
Cut each brain into six pieces.
In a heavy skillet, heat the oil or... - 43.7584
In a blender, first blend the onions, garlic, ginger, and chili pepper (if using) to a puree and remove.
Then blend together the spinach and dill, and remove.
Finally, blend the tomatoes to a puree and set aside.
Heat the oil and butter in a nonstick pan over... - 46.9816
1. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Put onion, cumin seeds and sauté for around 7 minutes till the onions turn light golden brown.
2. Add coconut and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to cool completely.
3. In a... - 0
Kofta ( Indian Meatballs )
Mix all the ingredients for meatballs and keep covered in a bowl.
Mix all the ingredients for the stuffing in another bowl.
Preparing the koftas takes a little time, so you might as well make yourself comfortable.
If you have a table and chair in your... - 44.1609
Vindaloo Lamb Ribs
The day before the barbecue, place lamb ribs in a shallow ceramic or glass dish.
Put the cardamon pods, cumin seeds and chilies in a coffee or spice grinder and grind until you have a fine powder.
Put the ground spices in a bowl.
Add vinegar, curry powder,... - 45.6272
Roasted Squash And Lentils With Harissa Dressing
1. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas
2. Slicing the top and bottom off the squash, peel the skin and halve.
3. Remove the seeds after quartering the bulbs and slice the sections into wedges.
4. Cut halves out of the remaining cylindrical trunks... - 44.4818
1. Heat oil in frypan, saute onion, garlic, ginger till golden brown.
2. Add rest of the ingredients, stir on high for 2 mins.
3. Add 1/2 cup water, bring to boil, cover, cook on low till mince is cooked.
4. Stir on high to remove excess water, adjust salt,... - 39.5224
It's Healthy and Delicious dish made from mutton. - 38.7625
Potatoes With Asafoetida And Cumin
Wash, peel, and quarter potatoes.
Put them in bowl with cold water to cover.
In 2-3-quart pot, heat oil over medium heat.
As it heats, put potatoes in colander to drain.
When the fat is hot, put in the asafetida; after it sizzles (5 seconds), add the cumin... - 44.3561
Lamb With Mint Raita
1) Wash lamb and place on paper towels.
2) Slice lamb into 1/2-inch cubes.
3) In a pan, add oil and heat.
4) Add and lightly brown 2 cloves garlic.
5) Add the lamb and brown well and lower heat.
6) Add onion, keeping aside 1/4 cup for... - 42.4587
Mulligatawny In A Pressure Cooker
1. In the cooker heat the dripping or lard, brown the meat, vegetables and apple.
2. Stir in the curry and chili powders and cook for a few minutes.
3. Stir well adding the stock or water and stock cube with a little salt making sure that the cooker is... - 46.7085
Crispy Fried Okra
Wash the okra.
Wipe it with paper towels.
Remove head and tail and slice the pods in rounds of 1/8-inch thickness.
You can slice 2 or 3 at the same time.
Heat 1 inch of oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-low flame.
Check heat by dropping in one slice of... - 42.4632
Sookhe Aloo (dry Potatoes)
Just before you start, peel the boiled potatoes and dice them into pieces about 1 inch by 1/2 inch.
In a wok, karhai, or 10-12-inch pot, heat the oil over medium flame.
When very hot, put in first the asafetida, 5 seconds later the fennel and cumin seeds,... - 46.8153
1. Marinate meat in mixture of vinegar, garlic, ginger and salt in refrigerator for at least 4hrs.
2. Place marinated meat on tray, lined with foil. Brown meat on top in grill (this helps to seal juices). Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in large saucepan, saute onion... - 41.8862
My favorite dish of all time is the Chicken Bhuna. Thick gravy, rich consistency with a lot of flavor. Lamb is the best but Chicken comes a close second. - 0
Cabbage With Onions
Trim away the outer damaged leaves of the cabbage, wash it, and cut it in quarters.
Remove the stem and hard core and shred cabbage lengthwise as finely as you can.
Peel 2 of the onions and cut them each into half, lengthwise.
Now slice finely into... - 46.7369
1 Wipe and trim lamb of excess fat; cut into 1/2-inch wide strips. Peel and slice the onion and carrot; peel, core and slice the apple.
2 Heat the oil in a large pan. When hot, brown the lamb all over. Take out and add the sliced vegetables and apple and... - 33.1752
Pineapple And Mango Chutney
No Indian meal would be complete without chutney - a sweet-savoury mix of fruit or vegetables and spices. Served in small quantities as a pleasing accompaniment to the main dish, it adds sharp, contrasting aromas and flavours. This pineapple and mango chutney... - 35.6848
Hot Exotic Curry Sauce
1. In a pan stir to mix well combining all ingredients except arrowroot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours.
2. Strain through a sieve, pressing as much of the fruit and vegetables through as possible.
3. In a bowl make a thin, smooth... - 39.027
Protein Rich Flavorful Hearty Mulligatawny Soup
Mulligatawny is a curry flavored soup originating from South India, specifically Tamil Nadu. Translated from the local language, Tamil, it literally means "pepper water". From the south of India, this soup has travelled far and wide, and made its presence... - 0
Chicken Korma is a typical mughlai preparation dating back to the 16th century. Korma, essentially, is a gravy prepared by simmering meat in spices, youghurt and cream. The meat used varies from mutton, chicken, lamb to even beef. - 48.6951
1. Mash potato. Keep aside to cool.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in fry-pan, saute onion till transparent.
3. Add mince, curry paste, stir on high for 1 min.
4. Add salt, chilli and 1/4 cup water. Bring to boil.
5. Cover, cook on low till mince is cooked... - 46.4252
Chicken And Rice Biryani
Bring to boil over high heat, reduce heat, cover and cook the chicken about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
Measure 7 cups of the broth.
Skin, bone and cut the chicken into one-half-inch cubes.
Cover, keep warm, set aside.
Discard... - 45.1758