- » Indian Finger
Indian Finger Recipes
Enjoy our collection of indian finger recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for indian finger recipes.
This okra roast is a very tasty snack. Simple with okra in onion and cashew crispy bites are a definite try. Enjoy!!! - 49.9145
Tali Hut Bhindi
Wash the ladies fingers well.
Let them dry thoroughly.
If you are rushed for time, pat them dry with a clean cloth.
Top and tail them.
Don't chop them any further.
Heat the oil in the pan on high heat.
It will take about 5 minutes.
Drop in the... - 39.0793
Fried Ladies Finger
Okra is a simple vegetable and can be made in different ways. This stir fry is very easy with very less ingredients. This goes perfectly with steaming hot rice and dal curry. - 0
Instant Suji Fingers
1. Heat a karahi and add onions. Saute till golden brown.
2. Add Suji while stirring continuously. Do not let it change its color.
3. Add milk, water, coriander, salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Cook till it forms a lump.
5. Set on a thali.
6. While serving, cut... - 32.7413
Crispy Fish Fingers
This is such a tasty snack that satisfies the fish craving yet not the usual curry or fry. It is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It goes well with tomato ketchup or hot and spicy sauce. - 0
Chili Cheese Fingers
When i have a party at my place i generally tend to keep this dish with cocktails.Prepared with bread and cheese this dish tastes awesome. - 0
Lady's Finger Thoran
Lady's Finger Thoran is easy to make a vegetable recipe. Lady's Finger Thoran gets its taste from lady's finger mixed with pepper powder and flavored with mustard seeds. Lady's Finger Thoran is inspired by many food joints. - 39.7169
Toasted Almond Fingers
Cream butter and sugar gradually until light and fluffy.
Beat in cream and vanilla extract.
Add flour and salt.
Mix to form a soft dough.
Stir in nuts.
Chill dough thoroughly.
Shape into "fingers" and bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 325° for about 15... - 37.5732
Lady Finger Raita
• LADIES FINGER RAITA (BHENDI RAITA )-----
SOUR CURD --------- 225 ML
LADIES FINGER ( BHENDI ) ------115 GMS
GREEN CHILLY -------5 GMS
ONION ------ 10 GMS
SALT -------- 15 GMS
REFINED OIL ----15 ML
CUMIN POWDER --- 15 GMS
PUT SALT... - 36.6568
Fried Ladies Fingers
1. Wipe ladies fingers with a wet cloth.
2. Cut into 2.5cm (1") lengths.
3. Grind together all spices.
4. Heat 1 dsp. oil. Fry ladies fingers.
5. Add ground spices and salt. Mix well.
6. Add just enough water to cook dry. Remove and fry in remaining oil. - 33.7008
Ladies Finger Raita
1. Beat curds well with salt.
2. Chop ladies fingers, green chillies and onion.
3. Heat oil and fry chopped ingredients till crisp.
4. Add -to beaten curds and serve at once. - 34.7304
Lady Fingers Sabji
Heat ghee in a pan and fry cumin and onion.
Let cook on low fire for two minutes.
Add lady fingers.
Cook uncovered till they are tender.
Add salt, turmeric and chillies.
Crumble cottage cheese and add to cooked vegetable.
Add tomatoes and cook on slightly... - 39.4448
Crunchy Ladies Fingers With Onions
Heat the oil to smoking point, then reduce heat and wait for 5 minutes.
Drop in the onions and tossing almost continuously, fry till they're a crisp, golden brown.
Remove from the oil and drain on brown paper.
Mix in the chillies and spices into the onions,... - 39.3582
Lady Fingers In Curd
1 Wash the lady fingers well.
2 Pat dry, using kitchen towels.
3 Cut from both the ends.
4 In a pan, heat the ghee.
5 Add in the ladyfingers and fry them whole until golden brown.
6 Remove using a slotted spoon.
7 In the same... - 43.0515
Fragrant Spicy Ladies' Fingers
Heat the oil.
Add the mustard seeds and fry till they stop spluttering.
Add the ginger and curry leaves and chillies.
Fry till the ginger is lightly browned.
Add the sambhar powder and fry a few seconds.
Tip in the vegetable, stir well and let it cook on a... - 37.416
Spicy Lady Finger
1 Wash the ladyfingers well.
2 Pat dry using kitchen towels.
3 In a pan, heat the ghee.
4 Add in the ladyfinger and fry them whole with a little salt until light brown and tender.
5 Remove from the pan, using a slotted... - 45.0856
Stuffed Ladies Fingers
1. Make a slit on each bhendi until halfway.
2. Gind coriander, garlic coconut, ginger and chilies to a paste.
3. Add gram flour to it and mix well
4. Stir in salt and spices.
5. Stuff the mixture into bhendies.
6. In a skillet heat 6 tblsps oil and... - 45.6579
1. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. Sift together three times the flour, half the sugar and the salt.
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff and gradually beat in the remaining sugar. Beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored, and fold with the... - 33.8226
The tasty Pappadom Surprises is a unique and tasty dish which you can serve for your parties. I am sure that your guests will love it! I made this for my friends for my anniversary dinner and they loved it! Try the Pappadom Surprises for yourself! - 34.0482
Homemade Tari Bhaji
When it comes to making dry curries at home, Sindhis definitely take away the cake. This classic vegetarian dish is a perfect amalgamation of flavorful vegetables and zesty spices. Simple to make and good to eat, this tasty dish makes for a delectable... - 113.311
Paneer Pakora / Indian Snacks Paneer Pakoda
Demonstrating how to make Indian snack using Paneer (Indian style cottage cheese) called Paneer Pakora. Great finger food. good for parties, picnics and family get-together. - 0
Veg Rolls / Indian Cutlets (appetizer)
Learn how to make Indian style veg rolls or veg cutlets using various Indian spices and simple vegetables. These store well, good finger food, great for snacking with tea or chai. - 0
Indian Shuck Bread
Remove silks from corn husks.
Put husks in pan of cold water for a few minutes.
Mix dry ingredients; slowly add 1 1/2 cups boiling water.
Roll meal mixture into finger-shaped pieces.
Wrap in corn husks and tie with string.
Drop packs... - 32.048
Besan Wali Bhindi - Indian Curry
This is a simple recipe, if you know how to work with the ladyfingers while cooking. Besan wali bhindi is nothing but the ladyfingers cooked with chickpea flour and many more Indian spices. This is just the perfect recipe. So here is how you make this at your... - 0
Indian Khasta Kachori
Are u looking for a vegan or vegetarian savory pastry dish? Try India's most popular spicy puffed pastry called Khasta kachori. It has a filling made if yellow lentils and the spices is what makes it so special. In the video, Chef Manjula gives a clear demo... - 128.551
Indian Cream Pudding
1) Thinly slice the pistachios.
2) Take a small bowl and mix together, sour cream, yogurt, cream cheese, and sugar.
3) Gently crumble the saffron between your fingers and stir in the bowl. Now, put in nutmeg into the mixture and... - 38.2053
Indian Style Omelette
1)In a large mixing bowl, mix together chillies, onions and coriander. Can be done using your fingers.
2)In another bowl, beat eggs well.
3)Add the onion mixture to egg and season with salt. Whisk well.
4)Take a large frying pan and heat 1 tbsp of oil... - 41.0981
Kamut Indian Fry Bread
if you would like to get a taste of the typical Indian fried bread, check out this Kamut Indian Fry Bread. Njoy this Kamut Indian Fry Bread with your curry dishes. Don't wait to try them! - 34.9111
Indian Khicheri In Ayurvedic Preparation
Do you intend to revamp your taste bud and cook something herbal? Switch to organic food and prepare yummy Khichdi, a mix of rice and dal at home. With Anjali Patak you can cook this Asian delight for a healthy living. - 96.4969
Simple Paneer Tikka : Indian Vegetarian Appetizer
Very simple Indian food recipe for Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Tikka which makes a great appetizer. It's not only a tasty party appetizer but also great finger food, good for bbq, summer parties, pool parties and all other occasions. - 0
Indian Rock's Apple Dumplings
I like Indian Rock's Apple Dumplings for breakfast and I also like them as desserts. This Indian Rock's Apple Dumplings is in fact an apple pastry which consists of dough folded over apple. You will like it! - 35.6734
Indian Fry Bread
This Indian Fry Bread is simply irresistible and mouth-watering recipe. Try this easy to prepare bread dish; I am sure you will love to share it with your loved ones. - 39.4222
Chanadal Vada - Indian Appetizer
Chanadal Vadas are spicy and crispy vadas that are usually prepared at every street corner in South India. These are very popular evening snacks especially loved by kids. - 0
Indian Ragi Ladoo
Few days back my daughter came to me and asked for small choco Ladoo which my Mom introduced her during our last visit to India. All of sudden she remembered it and asked me to prepare the same. I could not say no to her sweet demand and here is the recipe... - 104.242
Indian Crab Curry
1. Wash crabs, pull the top shell from the body.
2. Discard the stomach bag attached to the shell below the eyes.
3. Discard greyish white "dead man's fingers" and wash well.
4. Cut each crab into 4 pieces. Wash crabs well.
5. Grind together grated coconut,... - 46.2369
Who said that the Thalipeeth is a rustic dish? It is going global, baby! It is a mildly spiced, multi-grain pancake that is flavorsome on your palate. It is also very nutritious. There are many Thalipeeth recipes, but Madhura's recipe here is my favorite.... - 136.851
Indian Steamed Dumplings
Indian Home cook Manjula has a steamed dumpling recipe which is tasty and healthy. These are cabbage balls steamed and stir fried before serving. Definitely a must try low calorie appetizer for the next party. Following her step by step recipe video makes the... - 118.435
In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook and stir beef until brown and crumbly.
Add onion, garlic, curry, salt, ginger, sugar, and cayenne; cook, stirring, until onion is limp.
Stir in peas and cook 1 minute.
Drain off and discard any fat.
Let filling... - 44.7677
Indian Spiced Cabbage And Potatoes
Indian Spiced Cabbage And Potatoes tastes nice. The seeds adds up the taste of Indian Spiced Cabbage And Potatoes. The vegetarians must try Indian Spiced Cabbage And Potatoes. - 45.6418
Indian Banana Stem Salad
Crunchy fried vegetables are my all time favorite, and it is double the fun when it equally healthy a choice to make. Yes this Crnches Crunch made with nutritious vegetables and flavored with delicious ingredients is just an awesome treat to try! This crunchy... - 46.6343
Bhindi Fried In Batter
1. Wipe ladies fingers with a damp cloth and slit.
2. Grind together red chillies, pepper, turmeric, cinnamon and salt.
3. Stuff ladies fingers with ground spices.
4. Prepare a thick batter with gram flour, water, salt and soda.
5. Heat oil.
6. Dip ladies... - 38.8113
This Ragi Roti is an incredibly healthy breakfast or brunch pick to make. Made using rice and rye flour and given fine flavoring this typical Indian roti is a treat in itself. Believe me, this dish is well worth the effort. - 44.1369
1) Rinse and drain the okra well . Trim the ends off and cut the okra into 1 inch pieces.
2) In a large, heavy frying-pan , add the onions, green chillies, curry leaves and salt in the heated oil and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
3) Gradually... - 46.3239
Ok! You may believe me or not, but this Indian roti is so tasty that you might end up asking for more! Yes, richly flavored and made using wholewheat flour, this Thalipeeth is also a healthy dis to serve. Although a little time consuming, this Indian roti is... - 47.3205
Masala Bhindi is Okra cooked in flavorful Indian spices that makes it taste heavenly.People think that cooking Okra is tough because of its stickiness but if you follow these steps and make this curry, you will start loving to cook the okra curries. - 0
1. Make paste of cashew nuts, ginger, green chillies, reduced milk and 2 cardamoms.
2. Heat ghee in a pan, add cloves, the rest of the cardamoms and chopped onions, and saute. Make sure that it does not brown otherwise it will change the colour of the... - 46.26
Yummy Besan Snack
It is a wonderful mild spicy snack. A perfect option to flatter your tea time guests, especially those who have taste for Indian food. - 0
1. Wash and cut ladies fingers into fine rounds.
2. Heat fat and deep fry ladies fingers.
3. Remove from fat and while still hot sprinkle with chilli powder and salt. - 26.2358
1. Wipe and chop ladies fingers into small pieces. Chop green chillies.
2. Heat fat. Add ladies fingers and the spices. Stir, keep covered.
3. Cook over gentle heat for about 25 minutes.. - 31.5082
Potato And Mung Dal Snack
1. Strain the soaked mung dal well and grind in a mixer to a fine paste
2. To this add salt, garam masala, baking power and the finely chopped greens. Remove the potato fingers from water and dry them on a clean kitchen towel. Dip each potato finger into the... - 29.8706
Slit lady's fingers on one side, in centre of onion make a small hole.
In a plate mix well salt and masalas.
Fill generously into onions and lady's fingers.
Heat oil in a karhai, put in the vegetables, and fry on a slow fire, stirring occasionally till... - 39.6693
Crispy Fried Bhindi
The crispy fried bhindi recipe offers a crunchy texture and tasty flavor to a typical bhindi(lady finger) masala or fry recipe. - 0
1. Cut paneer into 1 1/2" cubes. Deep fry and keep aside.
2. Cut the potato into long fingers and deep fry.
3. Wash and grind methi leaves, palak and ginger together with a little water. Heat the ghee, add the ground mixture and fry for about 15 minutes, till... - 40.6779
Kangra Mango Pickle
Skin, deseed and cut mangoes into fingers.
Place in a thali and apply a little mustard oil to them.
Roast methi over a slow fire on a griddle and powder fine.
Crush raw ajwain to a rough powder.
Apply these with salt, chilli and turmeric powders to mango... - 41.2189
Bhindi Curry With Khuskhus
cut the ladies finger into small round shapes.also chop the onions and keep aside.make a paste of the poppy seeds with little salt and 2-3 green chillies. now heat oil in a wok and deep fry the ladies fingers and then the onions. then keep them aside. now add... - 17.0743
Bhindi Ke Sambhariye
Mix coconut with masalas and fry in 2 tbs hot oil till light brown.
Remove from fire and cool.
Slit the lady's fingers slightly on one side, fill with coconut masala.
Heat remaining oil, fry onion till brown, add masala which remains after filling into lady's... - 39.1316
Ragi Sankati/raagi Ball
Finger Millet populary know as Ragi in India, is a cereal crop with an amazing nutritional value. Rich in Protein, Calcium and Amino acids such as Methionine, Ragi flour is versatile for making porridges, pancakes, flat-breads and Ragi Balls. Ragi Ball in... - 38.8611
Aloo Chhole Dry
1. Wash and soak the gram overnight with soda bicarbonate.
2. Boil gram till it is tender.
3. Fry sliced onion. Add spices and pomegranate seed powder.
4. Add gram and stir lightly. The gram should be coated with spices.
5. Add salt. Remove from fire.
6. Boil... - 40.3319
Heat oil on medium level in a pan for about 1 minute(s).
Add onions, and stir fry on medium level for about 3 minutes or till they are very lightly browned. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala. Fry again... - 30.2518
1. Heat red chillies on a tawa, till slightly crisp and dry.
2. Pound (crush roughly) red chillies and saboot dhania on a chakla-belan.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Saute capsicums till done. Keep aside.
4. Heat 2 Tbsp oil. Add crushed garlic. Fry... - 37.6747
Make the dough, divide into 6-8 portions and roll out on a floured surface.
Brush the middle with 1/2 teaspoon ghee.
Fold the dough in half and roll up into a tube.
Flatten it with your palms, then coil round your fingers.
Roll out to about 18 cm (7 inch)... - 39.1584
Bhindi In Curd
1 In a pan, heat the oil or ghee.
2 Add in the lady fingers and fry gently.
3 Stir in the rest of the ingredients except the curd.
4 In a bowl, beat the curd well.
5 Stir into the pan, stirring gently.
6 Season with salt.
7 Cook until it... - 44.8318
Aloo Matar Tawawala
Aloo Matter Tawkawala has a mouth filling taste. The green chilli with tomatoes gives the Aloo Matter Tawkawala a finger licking taste. Must cacth it. - 36.8216
Moong Dal Chilas
1. Soak the green moong dal overnight.
2. Rinse. Remove husks by rubbing with fingers. Grind in a mixer to a fine paste. Add enough water gradually. Mix hing.
3. Now add cumin seeds, ginger, salt and coriander leaves and mix the batter well.
4. Heat a non... - 29.9906
Hot And Spicy Potato Cutlets
Indian appetizers and snacks popular as street side food are also easy to make at home. Chef Aarasi shows how to make potato cutlets using potatoes and common Indian seasonings. Taste great when served with sweet and sour sauce! - 124.24
Bindi Fry With Groundnuts
Cut okra into small circles & refrigerate for 2 hours (cut frozen okra can also be used)
Microwave groundnuts in half cup water for 2 minutes, drain & keep aside.
Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds & allow them to splutter; Then add cumin seeds, onions... - 42.7191
Sukhi Bhindi Ki Sabzi
Before starting to cook, prepare the vegetable.
The list of ingredients mentions that the ladies fingers must be washed and dried. This is important.
You will not enjoy cutting wet bhindis and also, they will take longer to cook and turn out mushy and... - 44.231
Subziyaan Kali Mirch
Cut tomato and capsicum into thin fingers.
Chop french beans into 1/4" pieces.
Cut potato into 1" pieces.
Cut carrots into round slices.
Boil 2 cups water with 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp sugar.
Add carrots and beans after the water boils.
Boil for just 1-2... - 41.3491
An authentic tandoori chicken recipe that will keep you licking your fingers. The tandoori chicken has been a favorite of mine. Just can’t resist a succulent chicken cooked in yogurt and the exotic Indian spices. Yumm…can’t wait to go and have this... - 31.5839
Gobhi Paratha is one of the winter favorites of many North Indian homes. It goes great with curd and pickle. - 0
Green Puri With Makki
Ever since my childhood, I am having these green puris in my breakfast. My mom used to make the puris mainly in winters. She says that one should have healthy diets to combat the chilling winters. To the normal puris, I add spring onions and it becomes more... - 36.2129
Crispy Rice Rings
These rings are made of rice flour. Its a crispy and yummy munch, perfect to be served as a tea time snack. - 0
How about making a scrumptious Asian dessert with dry fruit filling? If you want to serve something unique for the upcoming festive season, this recipe is a must try recipe. Chef here kneads the dough and toasts up the semolina and adds remaining filling... - 129.762
Yummy spicy potato balls wrapped in gram flour batter and deep fried. - 0
Toovar Dal With Vegetables
Toovar Dal with Vegetables is a wholesome dish, full of vegetables and protein-rich dal. You need not stick to the veggies I have used -- just open your fridge and throw in anything you find. You will love the fact that such a tasty and sumptuous dish can be... - 0
Cumin Rice (bhat) Featuring Sweet Cumin Cookery School
In this video recipe, Barry returns to the Sweet Cumin Cookery School where Bini shows him how to make a delicious and simple rice recipe (also known as Bhat) with a light cumin twist. If you've always wanted to know how to make delicious homemade rice with a... - 0
This delicious dish is mainly prepared of lentil and tempered with simple Indian spices. The style of preparing it varies from region to region but here is an easy and simple variation prefect for weekday meal. - 0
Alu-simla Mirch Ke Saath
Wash the potatoes.
Peel them, cut length wise in half then into thick chips and finally, cubes.
As you do this, drop them into a bowl of water to prevent them from getting discoloured.
Also cut the capsicum.
First cut a small slice off the stem-end.
Now reach... - 39.4813
Paneer Simla Mirch Ke Saath
Wash the cottage cheese, cut it into thick slices and then cut the 1 slices into cubes.
Wash the capsicums.
Lay one sideways on the chopping board.
Slice off the top, stem-end.
With your fingers, remove the inner ribs and seeds.
Now slice the capsicums into... - 41.2366
Paneer Mushroom Turnovers
1. Sift maida, salt & baking powder. Add ajwain.
2. Cut butter into small pieces & rub it gently with your finger tips into the maida till it starts resembling fine bread crumbs.
3. Make a dough with ice cold water with minimum handling. Knead lightly. Wrap... - 44.9465
1. In a bowl soak channa in water for night.
2. The next day, boil the chana with water in a pan until tender.
3. Cut bhendies into 1-inch pieces.
4. In a skillet heat oil and fry bhendies until light coloured.
5. In a small bowl add... - 46.9824
Stir together ginger, allspice, red pepper, garlic, and lemon juice to form a paste.
Loosen skin of each thigh by slipping your fingers between skin and flesh; also loosen skin over leg-thigh joint.
Spread 1/2 teaspoon of the paste over flesh of each leg and... - 35.3661
An Easy Way To Make Sambar
Sambar is an all time favorite South Indian Dish. This can be serve with breakfast as well as with rice. It is very versatile as the ingredients that are added depends upon individual preference and that is the reason why sambar tastes different each time it... - 0
The vegetable samosa is a popular Indian snack and is one of my favorite tea time treats. It is pastry filled with an assortment of vegetables of your choice. Here is an easy guide to making the samosa in your very kitchen. - 36.0151
Khatte Meethe Baingan
Slice the brinjal in rings.
You should get 9-11.
Lay them on a large plate or chopping board and sprinkle with salt on both sides.
Leave for 20 minutes.
Wash the brinjal slices well and pat dry with a clean cloth.
Heat the oil in the skillet or pan.
You... - 44.5743
Very tasty and easy dish... u should give it a try ;) I love it!
And this is my first experience of sharing recipe. Hope u like it! Need encouragement ;) - 34.3508
Spicy Chicken Curry
My mom-in-law was a great cook and this was one of her dishes that we could not stopping at just eating. We would be literally licking our fingers. It tastes great the next day. Do try this recipe. It is a sure shot winner. - 0
Boil the potatoes until soft.
Drain, then mash with the salt, chillies, chilli powder, mango powder and coriander.
To make the dough, sift the flour and salt into a bowl, make a well in the centre.
Gradually add water, mixing it in with your... - 48.3524
Delicious And Nutty Homemade Rabdi
Rabdi is a popular sweet dish from India, made by thickening milk on low heat, sweetening it with sugar, garnishing it with dry fruits and then serving it with jalebi; though it can be enjoyed alone too. - 0
Stuffed Bhindi With Paneer
Typically, when you think of stuffed bhindi, you might imagine a filling of besan and spices; but here is an innovative preparation of bhindi stuffed with a soft and luscious cottage cheese mixture. Amchur powder gives the paneer mixture a tanginess that... - 0
1. Heat 2 tbsp ghee. Add onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies & cloves. Cook till onions turn transparent.
2. Add carrots & crushed green cardamom. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add tomatoes & cook covered on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add 1 cup water. Boil. Keep... - 39.6036
Gujjia - Healthier Than You Think
Gujia is a traditional Indian sweet dish that is commonly made in households on the occasion of Holi, Diwali and other festivals. It is akin to a sweet samosa, but is somewhat flat, moon shaped with a crunchy exterior encompassing a sweet stuffing. - 0