- » Indian Bread
Indian Bread Recipes
Indian bread refers to dry, moist, or soft flat bread usually made from grain flour or milled cereal. The bread, which is essentially unleavened, is eaten in the form of staple food in India and is usually prepared ... More »
How To Make Naan - Eggless Or Not? - Indian
All those who are looking for the recipe of the famous Indian bread, should surely check this out. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the eggless bread, so I'm sure vegetarians will find this recipe very useful. It is called naan in India. You can serve it with... - 125.473
Mozzarella In Carrozza
1. In a bowl, add egg and milk. Beat together, and keep it aside.
2. On counter top, place 4 slice of bread. Top it with mozzarella.
3. Place tomatoes slices on it, and again put mozzarella over it.
4. Cover it with remaining bread... - 121.793
Tomato Cheese Sandwich
Here is a product review of Galaxy Foods new vegan cheese shreds. We make a grilled cheese with it. - 115.107
Dairy-free Vegetable Sandwich
A simple sometimes always tastes better than an elaborate one. A simple sandwich is always welcome! In this recipe, you can learn how to make a dairy-free sandwich. Filled with the goodness of vegetables, these go great with some chips! - 112.084
Naan is a type of Indian Flat bread and in Restaurants Indian dishes are usually accompanied by freshly made Naan. The tops and bottoms of Naan are slightly crispy and the insides are nice and light and flaky and moist and best of all still warm! - 111.097
Heart Shaped Indian Bread
As a busy woman you may not have much time to plan something special for your partner for Valentine or may be anniversary. Here is what precisely you can do, make some heart shaped parathas for dinner. Watch the video to know how. - 110.476
Easy Vegetable Sandwich
There can be nothing as tempting like the popular snack vegetable sandwich that you can bite on anytime you want to take a break and munch on something healthy and spicy. The best thing about this vegetable sandwich is that it comprises different variety of... - 108.626
Indian Garlic Naan
Naan is a type of Indian Flat bread and in Restaurants Indian dishes are usually accompanied by freshly made Naan. The tops and bottoms of Naan are slightly crispy and the insides are nice and light and flaky and moist and best of all still warm! - 108.611
Bhakri Or Bhakhri (indian Instant Bread)
Those who are fond of Indian-Guajarati cuisine will surely love this. You can eat it with any vegetable. It is just like Indian roti. It is easy to make. Watch the video as chef Bhavna shows this simple and quick recipe. - 104.503
Mediterranean Grilled Sandwich
1. Sprinkle salt liberally on eggplant slices, and set aside for 15 minutes. Rinse it with cold running water.
2. Brush olive oil on pepper and eggplant slices.
3. Sprinkle salt and black pepper. Set aside.
4. Place vegetables on grill... - 103.098
Looking for some vegetarian homemade biscuit recipe? Chef Manjula is a vegetarian and she has this nan khatai recipe for her vegetarian viewers. These are light, crunchy and delicious, so anyone can enjoy them. Homemade nan khatai are much better than the... - 102.535
Mediterranean Mushroom On Toast
How about breakfast with mushroom on toast! It’s the perfect recipe for the start of a new day! An easy dish being cooked by Steve, though the audio is missing the recipe has to be watched! See the video for more! - 82.8797
Mooli Ka Parantha
Mooli Paratha, are stuffed Indian bread, which are griddles on hot plate and consumed immediately. North Indian breakfast cannot be imagined without the paratha with butter or curds. - 52.0328
(Prepare chaashni by putting sugar in boiling water and stirring it until a thick consistent solution is attained)
1. Mix flour, Coconut, bananas, saunf, sugar, chopped dry fruits in a bowl.
2. Add enough milk to make this into a paste.
3. Heat a... - 51.843
Indian Flat Bread
1. Coat a medium bowl with cooking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F
3. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and soda, stirring well.
4. Add yogurt, egg and milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened and a... - 48.1579
You will love this Herbed Footlong, especially for its truly delicious filling made with an exciting blend of vegetables, spices and herbs. Highly satisfying and filling, this Herbed Footlong may well replace your usual breakfast and brunch entries rather... - 46.6348
Boil the potatoes until soft.
Drain, then mash with the salt, chillies, chilli powder, mango powder and coriander.
To make the dough, sift the flour and salt into a bowl, make a well in the centre.
Gradually add water, mixing it in with your... - 46.4857
Ok! You may believe me or not, but this Indian roti is so tasty that you might end up asking for more! Yes, richly flavored and made using wholewheat flour, this Thalipeeth is also a healthy dis to serve. Although a little time consuming, this Indian roti is... - 45.1898
1. Heat water or both in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir until onion is soft. Add more liquid during this process if necessary.
2. Add oregano, basil, eggplant, and tomatoes. Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
3.... - 45.1892
Indian Meal Raised Bread
Scald milk; cool to lukewarm.
Sprinkle or crumble yeast into water.
Use very warm water (105°F.to 115°F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed.
Let stand for a few minutes, then stir until dissolved.
Add dissolved yeast to milk with... - 45.0226
An Exotic Indian Dessert of saffron flavoured rabree ( reduced milk) spread on a slice of syrupy soaked home made bread and garnished with dried nuts. - 44.2472
Triangular shaped dough, encased with ghee and cooked on a flat griddle. The inner layering of ghee aids in giving texture and flavour to the parantha. I have made a basic dough...but you can variate by adding flavourings like dried fenugreek leaves, cumin... - 43.7543
Bhakri is a round flat unleavened bread often used in the cuisine of western and central India, especially in the states of Gujarat, Maharashtra and northern Karnataka. Making bhakri is an art and needs lot of practice and patience to attain perfection. - 43.7217
Grilled Eggplant Sandwiches
Cut 2 (1/2- inch-thick) slices lengthwise from opposite sides of each eggplant; reserve for another use.
Cut each eggplant lengthwise into 4 (3/4-inch-thick) slices; set aside.
Cut red peppers in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and... - 43.699
Whole-grain Veggie Sandwiches
1. Place cottage cheese and yogurt in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
2. Combine cottage cheese-yogurt mixture, carrot, green pepper, celery, and scallion.
3. Combine mustard with horseradish. Cut rolls in half lengthwise. Spread... - 42.7642
Fried Indian Whole Wheat Flour Bread
1. In a large work bowl, sift flours and salt.
2. Add the oil and water to the flour and use your hand to bind the flour and form dough.
3. Transfer to a work surface and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is soft and pliable.
4. Return to... - 42.5621
Indian Cranberry Bread
1 In a large bowl, stir together the yeast, water, and molasses.
Let stand for 5 minutes or until foamy.
Beat in the all-purpose flour, milk powder, and salt until smooth.
Stir in the whole-wheat flour and cornmeal until a soft dough forms.
Knead until smooth... - 42.3799
Indian Flat Bread
Mix all ingredients except milk, Ghee and poppy seed.
Stir in enough milk to make a soft dough.
Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
Place in greased bowl; turn greased side up.
Cover; let rest in warm place 3... - 42.3077
Grilled Eggplant Sandwiches
Cut eggplant into 12 (3/8-inch-thick) rounds; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
Top each of 6 eggplant slices with a slice of cheese, a slice of meat (fold or tear to fit) and a few basil leaves, if desired.
Cover with a slice of eggplant.
Brush one... - 41.2166
Cheese Bacon Tomato Sandwiches
Butter bread on both sides.
For each sandwich, top 1 slice of bread with a cheese slice, a dollop of sour cream, chopped onion, and tomato slices.
Sprinkle with oregano and seasoned salt.
Add 2 slices bacon; top with another bread slice.
Place sandwich,... - 40.9308
Summertime Tomato Sandwich
1. Line a colander with a coffee filter or several layers of clean, dry cheesecloth. Place the yogurt in the colander in the sink and allow liquid to drain for 3 hours.
2. Combine drained yogurt, cream cheese, garlic, thyme, cilantro, chives, and basil.
3.... - 40.0254
This Thepla makes a fantastic meal ! I love this irresistibly seasoned gram and wheat flour flatbread with savory tomato dip. Just try this Thepla and let me know if you like it ! - 39.2993
Knead the soya flour+wheat flour into smooth dough .Onion ,chillies,soya paneer and corriander leaves mix and mashed all the things for filling
the paranthas.Add salt and garam masala .Make stuffed
parantha and fry in soya oil.Surved hot with season
curd and... - 39.1515
Tomato Sardine Sandwiches
Add shredded cheese, eggs, celery, catsup, and lemon juice.
Spread margarine on bread slices.
Spread sardine mixture on 6 slices of the bread.
Top with lettuce and remaining 6 slices of bread. - 38.653
Sportsman Sandwich Bacon Lettuce And Tomato Sandwich
Using scissors, remove the rind from the bacon.
Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side until crisp.
Toast each side of the bread.
Put the toast on to a board and spread one side of each slice with mayonnaise.
Arrange two rashers of bacon on 1 slice.
Repeat with... - 37.2079
Make the dough, divide into 6-8 portions and roll out on a floured surface.
Brush the middle with 1/2 teaspoon ghee.
Fold the dough in half and roll up into a tube.
Flatten it with your palms, then coil round your fingers.
Roll out to about 18 cm (7 inch)... - 37.1501
Rye And Indian Bread
In mixing bowl mix 1 1/2 cups of the all-purpose flour, cornmeal, and yeast.
In a saucepan heat milk, molasses, 1/2 cup water, and 1 teaspoon salt till just warm (115-120°); add to flour mixture in bowl.
Beat at low speed of electric mixer for 1/2 minute,... - 37.1076
Indian Style Filled Bread Rolls
Trim crusts from bread with a sharp knife and set aside.
Combine filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
Dip each slice of bread quickly into a bowl of water, moistening both sides at once. Gently press each slice between both hands, flattening... - 36.6824
Puri (indian Bread)
Mix all ingredients together well, except the oil.
Have the oil 1 inch deep in a small but fairly deep saucepan.
Heat on medium heat until a small piece of dough dropped in sizzles quickly.
Roll the dough out 1/8 inch thick or even a little thinner.
Cut with... - 36.1634
1) In a bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
2) Gradually work in enough water to make a soft dough.
3) Divide the dough into 10 pieces and flatten them into circles on a lightly floured surface.
4) Cover the dough circles with a towel and allow to... - 34.0723
Combine flour, salt and baking powder in bowl; mix well.
Stir in enough warm water to form soft dough.
Divide dough into 8 portions.
Roll each portion into a circle on lightly floured surface.
Fry circles in hot oil in skillet until brown on both sides,... - 33.706
1) In a bowl, mix together salt and flour together and make soft dough using water.
2) Leave to stand for half an hour.
3) Using hands knead again thoroughly.
4) Divide equally into 8 part, shape each part to form a ball.
5) Roll out each ball into... - 33.3206
Hot Bacon And Tomato Sandwiches
1. In a large skillet, tip in the bacon and sauté till crisp.
2. Place tomatoes and bacon on toast slices and cook
Heat soup; pour over sandwiches.
3. Serve sandwiches immediately. - 31.8202
Char Grilled Mushrooms And Toast
1. Preheat barbecue to a medium heat. Brush mushrooms with oil and cook on lightly oiled barbecue for 4-5 minutes or until cooked. Brush both sides of the bread with remaining oil and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden.
2. Rub one side of each... - 30.9449
Indian Shuck Bread
Remove silks from corn husks.
Put husks in pan of cold water for a few minutes.
Mix dry ingredients; slowly add 1 1/2 cups boiling water.
Roll meal mixture into finger-shaped pieces.
Wrap in corn husks and tie with string.
Drop packs... - 30.7608
This Bhakri makes a delicious meal ! I love this irresistibly seasoned Indian flatbread with savory coriander dip. Try out this Bhakri and let me know if you like it ! - 29.9392
Cream butter and cream cheese together until well blended and fluffy.
Stir in horseradish and watercress.
Put sandwiches together in the usual way, using a heaping tablespoonful of the watercress mixture for each 2 slices of bread (do not butter bread... - 28.8606
1. Chop onions and coriander finely. Add to it chilli powder, haldi (turmeric powder) and salt.
2. Mix it thoroughly with hand.
3. Add rice flour and knead it into hard dough. Make medium sized balls of the dough.
4. Place it on a plastic sheet and flatten it... - 26.9108
Pathiri is a soft bread made from the South Indian state of Kerala. Crushed rice is made into a white dough and baked on pans called oadu. After preparation, sometimes pathiri is soaked in coconut milk, to keep it soft and to improve the taste. - 26.8074
To celebrate this 64th Indian Republic Day,I prepared a quick and easy breakfast for my children so that they also understand the importance of this special day! - 0
Paneer Kulcha - Indian Stuffed Bread
To prepare the kulcha dough:
1. Into a bowl, mix together plain flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
2. To this dry mixture, add melted butter and mix well using your hands to make a crumbly mixture.
3. Add warm water a little at a time and prepare the... - 0
Indian Bread Recipes By Category