- » Indian Bean Main Dish
Indian Bean Main Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of indian bean main dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for indian bean main dish recipes.
Indian Black Eyed Beans Curry
Black eyed beans are high in protein and those who want to make their black eyed beans tasty should try to make a curry for a delicious twist. Chef Manjula, who is a Indian Curry expert shows us how to make these tiny little beans tasty and thereby a part of... - 129.743
Moong Dal Halwa, Kand Pakoda, And Fansi Dhokli
Festive season is the time to forgo all your inhibitions and gorge on yummy delicacies. Bhal Dave here presents a wad of Gujarati delicacies that can be easily prepared at home using lentils and beans. Scrumptious and simple, even you can stir up these... - 41.6676
Vegetable Casserole Indian Style
1) Coat onions with turmeric, cumin and flour.
2) In a bowl, combine together chilli, peas or broad beans and peppers and then add in garlic.
3) Take a casserole and arrange a layer of onions in it.
4) Top with peppers and then with tomatoes.
5) Season... - 47.3293
Indian Chili / Rajma Masala
Learn how to cook red and black kidney beans in a curry sauce, Indian style. You can definitely consider this recipe to Indian style Vegetarian chili. - 0
Dalia Black Bean Salad
Bring dalia and 500 ml water to a boil in a covered saucepan.
Simmer for 10-12 minutes until excess liquid is absorbed.
Let the dalia cool, then fluff with a fork.
Scrub and wash the orange, then grate the rind.
Cut the remaining orange in half and squeeze... - 32.9522
Black Eye Pea Spice Mix
Peas are a must in most North Indian snacks or curries with other vegetables and seasonings. Here is a recipe to make spicy Black Eyed Peas Masala a great dish to go with rice, naan, rotis or parathas. A must try this new year as it is a believed harbinger of... - 93.341
Bean Ki Tarkari
Bean Ki Tarkari has a great taste. Bean Ki Tarkari gets its taste from beans mixed with chilies and urhad dal. Bean Ki Tarkari is inspired by many food joints worldwide. - 31.0035
Indian Vegetable Casserole
1) Combine together the beans, peas, carrots and boiling water to cover the vegetables in a bowl.
2) Cover the bowl and allow it to stand for about 10 minutes. Drain.
3) In a casserole, heat the oil and sautÃ© the onions for about 10 minutes.
4) Mix... - 47.6884
Kidney Bean Curry
Soak kidney beans in water to cover overnight.
Add turmeric and salt and cook slowly for 1 to 2 hours, until beans are tender but firm.
Drain, reserving liquid.
Heat butter in large skillet.
Add bay leaves, spices and tomatoes.
Cook for approximately 5... - 41.7964
West Indian Style Ling
1) In a large saucepan, add in washed beans and enough cold water to soak. Let the water come to a boil for about 2 minutes.
2) Take the pan off the flame. Cover and let the beans soak for about 2 hours.
3) Peel a garlic clove. Drain the beans.
4) Add... - 44.7967
Red Beans And Rice
Heat oil over medium-high heat in saucepan; saute onions, tomatoes, peppers, and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add soy sauce, Worcestershire, tomato paste, bouillon, and oregano.
Mix well, lower heat and simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
Add beans, mix well, and... - 39.7159
Red Beans & Rice
Drain kidney beans; reserve juice.
Add water as needed to make 2-1/2 cups liquid.
In a large skillet, combine kidney beans, liquid, rice, onion, garlic salt, salt and chili powder.
Bring to a boil and cover.
Simmer 20 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Let... - 34.4176
Curried Kidney Beans
If you are fond of kidney beans, this Indian recipe shown in the video is certainly to be tried. Rajma chawal make an interesting North Indian dish and you can savour it too.Just watch the video… - 107.293
In a large pot, soak beans overnight in 2 quarts of lukewarm water. Drain, discarding soaking water.
Return beans to pot and add fresh water to cover by 2 inches. Stir in salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour. Stir... - 29.0934
Red Kidney Bean With Spicemix
Rajma or red kidney bean is popular across India used in curries, rice preparations and appetizers. Watch chef Madhura showing how to cook Rajma Masala or Red Kidney Bean with Spicemix with red kidney beans and common Indian spices. Good with rice or roti! - 123.275
Lamb Bake Indian
1. In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot salad oil, cook lamb until well browned, removing pieces to bowl as they brown.
2. To drippings remaining in skillet, add onion; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Stir in... - 31.9767
Low Salt Spicy Black Bean
1. Sort and wash the beans and place them in a large Dutch oven;
2. Add water about two inches above the surface of the beans and allow it to boil and cook for a couple of minutes
3. Drain the beans and combine them with chicken broth, and the eight... - 43.4768
Pinto Beans Part -2 : Making
Check out this part 2 of the series that shows a recipe for pinto beans. The chef here uses seaweed that aids in digestion and traditionally incorporated to reduce gas in the pinto beans. These pinto beans would surely be a delicious and hearty side dish that... - 90.4208
Soya Beans Curry
1. In a pressure cooker heat oil on medium heat and add mustard seeds, carom seeds and turmeric powder and let the mustard seeds splutter.
2. Then add tomatoes, garlic paste , ginger paste, green chili paste, water as needed, red chili powder, garam... - 108.049
Double Beans Cooked In Raw Tomatoes
Soak the double beans overnight in plenty of water. Next day, remove them from the water and wash twice. Place them in a pressure cooker with 1/2 tsp of turmeric, salt to taste and six cups of water. Cook till tender.
Place the chopped onions in a large... - 32.3119
Kidney Bean Curry
Kidney Bean Curry has a lovely taste. Kidney Bean Curry gets its taste from beans mixed with vegetable and chili powder. Kidney Bean Curry is inspired by many food joints across the world. - 33.3588
Beans And Vegetables
1. Soak the rajma for at least 5 hours.
2. Boil the soaked rajma until soft.
3. Cut the vegetables into long strips. Boil the french beans and carrots.
4. Cut the vegetables for the sauce into big pieces, add 2 teacups of water and cook in a pressure cooker.... - 44.6477
Indian Chana Dal With Garlic
Have you tried cooking Chana Dal? A common dal used in Indian cooking, it is really healthy and full of protein. Here is a video showing you how to prepare this dal. A simple recipe and the use of a pressure cooker enables you to prepare this quickly. - 117.85
Lima Beans With Curry Sauce
Steam or boil the beans in a small amount of salted water.
Fry bacon until crisp.
Remove from pan, drain, and dice.
Saute the garlic, onion, and curry powder in the drippings.
When onion is soft, about 5 minutes, stir in the wine, White Sauce with... - 41.0677
Green Beans And Potatoes
Looking for an interesting way to include vegetable in your menu? This video is just apt for you. Watch the chef share her personal recipe to prepare Green Beans and Potatoes recipe. The dish is simple and can be easily replicated at home. - 123.906
Lima Beans Gravy
Dry Roast Coriander seeds,Bengal Gram,jeera,cinnamon till it releases good aroma and keep it aside.In the same pan dry fry red chillies and then dry fry coconut.Allow all the ingrediants to cool and make a paste with a little water.
Pressure Cook toor dal... - 37.0342
Khatti Mithi Guvar
Treat your taste buds to this flavorful Indian sweet-sour curry that features potatoes and clustered beans. This delicious vegetarian curry can be made dried or in a gravy. Tastes great when served with rice or roti. This video features a simple way to make... - 114.334
Three Bean Curry
Three Bean Curry has a fine taste. Three Bean Curry gets its taste from beans mixed with garam masala and chili powder. Three Bean Curry is inspired by many food joints across the globe. - 39.6385
Rajma Curry (red Kidney Beans Curry)
In a mood of making rajma curry, then you should try this out. Rajma curry is a very popular Punjabi dish. It is very delicious and easy to make. It is normally served with hot rice. Do check out the video for this interesting recipe. - 104.156
Healthy Sprouted Stir Fried Dew Beans
To prepare the moth bean sprouts:
1. Soak the moth beans in water for about 5-6 hours or overnight.
2. Then drain them through a sieve and place in room temperature covering with a cloth for another 8-12 hours.
3. Clean the beans... - 111.063
2 Rice Meals - Cuban Rice With Beans & Biryani
US chef Bhal Dave always impresses with his innovative kitchen skills and the way he makes cooking look easy. On similar note, he shows here 2 easy and quick rice dishes of different varieties and flavors. Microwave cooked Cuban rice with beans and a quick... - 64.8509
1) Clean cocums nicely properly.
2) Sprout the beans overnight.
3) Make a paste of garlic, chillies, ginger, coriander and cumin seeds.
4) In a wok, heat oil and fry onions until soft.
5) Add asafoetida and spice paste to it. Saute... - 45.7946
Razmah is easy to make main dish recipe. Razmah gets its taste from razmah (Kidney beans) cooked with turmenic powder,ginger powder, and chilli powder. Razmah is loved by many people. - 34.1666
This is a preparation of kidney beans in Indian style. You can use canned kidney beans instead of presoaking them. - 30.6954
Green Bean And Mushroom Curry
Place the butter or ghee in a bowl and cook for 1 minute. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients except the fresh coriander (cilantro) or parsley. Cover and cook for 8 - 10 minutes, stirring twice.
Garnish with... - 34.569
Urad Ki Khichdi
1)Clean, wash and soak the dal overnight.
2)Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes.
3)In a saucepan, add dal and rice and water. Cook them on medium heat.
4)Add next four ingredients and bring to boil.
5)Decrease heat and cook until dal... - 52.2469
This quick and easy pulav is a medley of colorful vegetables, nuts and chickpeas with rice. The dish is wholesome, tasty and full of nutrients. It is the perfect answer to a lazy Sunday afternoon or a meal put together in a jiffy. Either way it is tasty. Vary... - 46.2403
Meal On A Platter
1) In individual dishes, place the peas and beans and pour over the garlic dressing.
2) Refrigerate for about 2 hours, turning frequently, then drain well.
3) In a bowl, add the cottage cheese and sprinkle with the chopped chives or parsely.
4) On a... - 44.1496
Cluster Beans Curry With Potatoes
Beans occurs in many varieties and is a widely used ingredient across all Indian states. Watch chef Madhura showing how to make Gawar Sabzi with aloo or Cluster Beans Curry with Potatoes in Maharashtrian style with common Indian seasonings. Good with rotis... - 114.768
Padwal And Val Dalimbi
1. Sprout the field beans and soak them in warm water for two hours and skin.
2. Heat fat. Add mustard seeds. When they crackle, add asafoetida and turmeric.
3. Add field beans and water and cook till three-fourths done.
4. Wash and cut the snake gourd into... - 40.9502
Kabuli Chana And Bread
This Kabuli Chana And Bread tastes incredible . Try this out for your next breakfast or brunch. Feel free to share your views about this Kabuli Chana And Bread and let me know if you like it ! - 42.9669
This Dal Bati recipe is one that you could try the next time you decide to have a barbecue. Hot Spicy dal served with roasted whole wheat dough, this is absolutely delicious and yes, healthy as I decided to use the grill instead of deep frying them. - 27.3222
This dish called “Rajma” is a very popular North Indian vegetarian dish. The main ingredient in this dish is the red kidney beans which, interestingly is not of Indian origin. Try this very simple recipe to cook the delicious red kidney beans in a whole... - 0
Lentils are one of the staple foods all over India being cooked with differently as per regional tastes. Here is a recipe to make Dal Fry that is simple to make using boiled lentil or dal, vegetables and seasonings. Great with rotis or rice! - 116.757
Wash and soak white beans overnight. Pressure cook along with diced potatoes.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry coriander seeds till light brown.
Put coconut, red chillies, salt and tamarind paste along with some warm water to a blender and grind them to a... - 42.82
Rajma (red Kidney Bean Curry)
This vegetarian dish originated in Punjab, a northern state in India. Kidney beans are an excellent source of protein and dietary fiber, making it an ideal ingredient in a vegetarian diet. For more recipes, visit www.deliciousindian.com. - 48.7441
1. Wash, mix and soak Dals overnight
2. Pressure cook Dals with 1 tbsp Ginger paste( approx 7 whistles and then on sim for about 10 minuets, 1 tsp Salt (or as per taste)
3. Mash the daal in the cooker and add some water.( Gas is on sim all this... - 39.2646
Dark Eyed Beans Curry
In a pan put oil,when it is hot.
Add methi seeds,allow to pop.
Add hing,fry for sec,add onion,garlic and fry till brown colour.
Now add tomato and allow to become mashy
Then add boiled darkeyed beans,grinded masala,tamarind juice,salt and allow bubbles to... - 47.8875
Sindhi Style Chickpea Curry
This Sindhi style chickpea curry is an instant crowd pleaser that tastes great when served with piping hot puris. This video shows how to whomp up this flavorful chickpea dish in your kitchen. A classic Sindhi curry that will please anyone who loves to eat... - 95.0842
Curried Puri In Buttermilk Sauce & Curried Garbanzo Beans
Wanting to prepare a different lunch, easy and quick? Try the spicy curried puri in buttermilk sauce with leftover puris and serve with rice. Team up with curried garbanzo beans with potatoes in tomato sauce. Try this innovative style of cooking with easy... - 91.038
Green Mung Bean Curry
Green Mung Beans are packed with proteins and are an excellent source of valuable nutrients. This curry is a great combination with Rotis/Chapathis. - 43.251
Palak Lobia / Spinach And Black Eyed Beans Curry
Soak black eyed beans for 3-4 hrs, add salt and cook until tender.
Wash and chop spinach finely. Chop green chillies finely. Keep aside.
Grind a masala by adding cumin seeds, garlic, peppercorns, coconut, dry red chillies and 1/3 tsp tamarind paste and about... - 46.8737
Soya Bean Biryani
Soyabean biriyani is a vegetarian biriyani cooked with rice and soya beans. Prepared with a masala of cumin, ginger, garlic, chili powder and coriander powder as the main flavoring agents, the soyabean biriyani is cooked with milk and vegetables and baked as... - 47.624
Lima Beans Curry
Like most other legumes, Lima Beans are said to have properties that aid in lowering cholesterol, are high in dietary fiber and especally good for diabetic people as it prevents the blood-sugar level from rising after a meal. - 44.0784
Cluster/gawar Beans Curry
Remove the ends of each bean & cut the beans into 1/2 inch pieces. Keep aside
Heat 2 tbs oil in a wok, add mustard seeds & allow them to splutter. Add cumin seeds, onions, ginger garlic paste & turmeric powder. Mix well. Add curry leaves. Saute until onions... - 37.5208
Green Beans Italian Style
1) In a saucepan, heat the oil and sautÃ© the onion for about 10 minutes.
2) Add the tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaf and oregano.
3) Bring the ingredients to a boil and then lower the heat.
4) Gently cook the ingredients over low heat for 20... - 44.4873
1. On a piece of wax paper, combine 3 tablespoons of the flour, the curry powder, and salt, then coat the chicken with this mixture.
2. In a deep 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add the chicken and brown for A minutes on each... - 34.5356
Soak chana overnight and pressure cook for 4 whistles by adding salt.
Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add 2 diced onions and fry till translucent. Keep aside.
Now in the same pan, fry coconut for few seconds.
Heat a tsp oil and fry black pepper, cumin seeds,... - 50.1394
Phalli Aloo Ki Subzi
If you are a curry fan, this Phalli Aloo Ki Subzi is going to win your heart. It’s a simple green bean and potato dry curry made by stir frying in the skillet. The best of the recipe here is the crushed garlic, cumin and green chilli seasoning added at the... - 133.201
Rajma saag wala is a kidney beans and amarnth leaves preparation that is common in indian homes. Cooked with sauted ginger, garlic, chilies and onions with cumin, the rajma saag wala has a curd and cream base.This is a special low sugar recipe great for... - 37.872
Stir Fried Sprouts Rice
1)In a pan heat oil and red onions and fry till the onions are golden brown, add capsicum, mushrooms and green chili and stir well on a medium flame.
2)Add the sprouts and cook the sprouts with a splash of water on a medium flame with the lid on for... - 0
Matki Chi Bhaji
Heat oil in a vessel.
Add mustard seeds, when they splutter, add cumin seeds.
Add chopped onions and cover the onions and allow them to cook on low flame.
When the onions are soft add chilli powder, corainder powder and turmeric powder.
Fry it till it leaves... - 44.3483
1) Pound coriander seeds, cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon together.
2) Make a mixture of curd and grated coconut.
3) Make a paste of ginger, chillies and garlic.
4) Fry together small onion and the piece of coconut until golden brown and then... - 49.9399
Spicy Whole Green Grams
Lentil dishes are nutritious and filling and here is an Indian recipe to make one. Watch chef Aarsi showing how to make Mung Bean lentils or green gram with vegetables and spicy seasonings. Good to have with rotis or rice! - 129.176
1. Heat oil in a pan and add cloves, cinnamon, green cardamom, bay leaves and cumin seeds.
2. Once the cumin seeds crackle, add ginger garlic paste. Saute for a while.
3. Add chopped onions and slit green chillies and fry till golden brown.
4. Add turmeric... - 52.9011
Quick & Easy Rajma
This is a very simple and easy rajma curry recipe. It uses very few ingredients which can be found in our pantry. As also, we cook this directly into a pressure cooker which reduces the time and effort on cleaning. - 51.8809
Whole Urad Dal
Soak the gram dal and rajma for 5 hours,
Chop the green chillies, ginger, onion and tomato.
Put the urad dal, gram dal and rajma in a vessel, add 2 teacups of water and cook in a pressure cooker.
Mash very well with a big spoon and boil again for 20... - 38.5228
Boil the grams and keep aside (Pls do not add salt while boiling)
Heat the pan and put oil in it, add garlic, onions, salt, turmeric and red chilli powder.
When onions turn soft, add tomatoes and fry.
When tomatoes turn soft, add Capsicum and fry.
Add green... - 38.1251
Liquid Moong Dhal
This Liquid Moong Dhal is a filling complement to your main dishes which may be rice or Indian breads. Just try this flavorful bean preparation for you next meal. Your suggestions for this Liquid Moong Dhal are welcome. - 44.5482
Moroccan Style White Bass On Konkani Lentils (kulith)
Rub some sea salt, paprika and lemon juice on the fish and let it marinate till you are done with the lentils (about 20 minutes). Cook the lentils (esp. if you are using kulith) in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, chop garlic and coriander leaves.... - 35.5009
Gawarfali Kl Sabji
Gawarfali ki subzi is a nutritious and healthy vegetable preparation, cooked with cluster beans. Cooked with a curd mix along with spices like mustard seeds, asafoetida, fennel seeds, chili powder and curry leaves, the gawarfali ki sabzi is best served with... - 44.3146
For the rice Wash the soya beans and drain the water.
To this add 2 cups of water, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf and salt and cook all the ingredients over a medium flame.
When done, drain the excess water.
Now, mix the cooked rice and the soyabeans and keep... - 40.9365
Green Beans With Cumin
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, heat oil.
2. Add onions and sautÃ© on a medium flame for 1 or 2 minutes.
3. Add cumin seeds and beans and sautÃ© for 2 to 3 more minutes.
4. Add rest of the ingredients and mix well. Bring to boil.
5. Once boiled,... - 41.8694
This gram needs to be soaked the night before.
It also needs very careful picking since it often has in it small black stones indistinguishable from the gram itself.
After you have picked it, wash it well and soak it in 5 cups water.
The next morning, put the... - 44.3186
Easy Indian Mixed Vegetable Sabzi
1. In a pan, heat oil, add the sliced onions and cook until translucent.
2. Add the chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric, pepper powder, jeera powder and garam masala and combine well.
3. Add the brinjal, potato, carrot and French beans and stir... - 0
Quick Pan-seared Tilapia With Indian Corn
Probably the best use of fresh corn and fresh tomatoes is the dish - Indian Corn. You get all the fresh tastes of summer produces in this preparation. To enhance the nutritional value, chef adds the pan-seared tilapia on top and it becomes a delicate dish to... - 146.007
Indian Khicheri In Ayurvedic Preparation
Do you intend to revamp your taste bud and cook something herbal? Switch to organic food and prepare yummy Khichdi, a mix of rice and dal at home. With Anjali Patak you can cook this Asian delight for a healthy living. - 98.2021
Hara Bhara Paneer (green Curry With Indian Cheese)
If you're looking for some healthy recipes in Indian cuisine, then look no further. The chef has used green peas, beans and spinach and added paneer to it. It is very delicious and easy to make. Do try out this recipe and don't forget to watch the video. - 108.347
Indian Tawa Pulav
Its a delicious and chatpata way to finish up all the leftovers from the fridge. It takes you all the way to Bombay street food. Tastes fantastic and gets ready in just few minutes. It's a great feast on lazy weekends :) - 113.003
Indian Vegetable Pulao
The Indian vegetable rice is a complete meal by itself. You may or may not add any side dish to this recipe. It is just perfect, when served with plain yogurt or a plate of fresh salad or savory mango pickle. Within 15 minutes you can serve a great meal for... - 126.139
Indian Vegetable Pulao
Very simple, quick and healthy recipe loaded with lots of vegetables. Gets ready with minimum efforts and its a full meal by itself! - 116.097
Dal Makhani - Indian
If you enjoy eating Indian dals then you will relish the dal makhani. This is a very famous dish in the Indian cuisine. You can garnish the dal by adding cream to it. You can serve the dal makhani with hot rice, roti or naan. Watch the video for the amazing... - 125.948
Quick Indian Chickpea Curry
Indians abroad crave for their mother’s chickpea curry. Watch this video and learn how to make this classic Punjabi curry in a few minutes using canned garbanzo beans. This recipe comes pretty close to the one made by simmering the curry for hours. Infact... - 119.3
Indian Chana Masala
Indian Chana Masala is one of the most popular dishes, specially among the vegetarians. This video shows the Punjabi style of this garbanzo bean curry. Take a look and try it out, you will love it if you are a curry fan. - 125.395
Ham Hocks & Beans
Here's a lazy Sunday meal idea using red beans and ham hocks. A one pot dish that calls for zero efforts yet gives tasty results. Watch the video and make the recipe for the coming weekend. - 82.5238
Red Beans And Rice Louisiane
1. Wash beans and soak overnight in water to cover. The next day drain beans and rinse. Place beans, ham hocks, and stock in a heavy stockpot. Bring to a boil and skim any scum that collects on the surface. Reduce heat to a simmer and add bay leaves, thyme,... - 30.3797
Red Beans And Rice
Soak beans overnight well covered with water; drain.
Bring beans, ham bone, 5 cups water, bay leaf, and 1 onion to boil; simmer until beans are tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
Remove ham bone and bay leaf.
Dice ham on bone; reserve.
Chill beans;remove fat from... - 35.8713
Red Beans And Rice
Rinse the beans.
In a large Dutch oven cover beans with the 6 cups cold water.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Simmer for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Cover; let stand for 1 hour. (Or, soak beans in water overnight in covered pan.) Drain and rinse the... - 42.6103
Red Beans And Rice
Wash the beans.
Cover with water and bring to a boil.
Remove from the heat and let stand 1 hour.
Add fresh water to cover and 1 teaspoon salt.
Bring to a boil.
Cover and cook over low heat 1 hour or until tender.
Wash the rice in several changes of... - 33.4182
There are many variations to this recipe. You can substitute lobiya with Rajma or white beans or black beans. And you can also substitute potatoes with spinach or Chinese spinach. - 45.3078
Vegetable And Egg Fried Rice
* Cook rice in rice cooker with 1cup rice:1 1/2 cup water along with salt.
* Make scrambled egg with a tsp oil and a pinch of salt and a pinch of soy sauce.
* Cut the vegetables as shown in the picture.
* In a big pan pour oil, put the vegetables- carrot,... - 42.8946
Chili Kidney Beans
1.In a pan, cook onions and beef in fat until lightly browned
2.Keep stirring often
3.Now add seasoning and tomatoes
4.Simmer gently for 1 hours
5.Now add kidney beans and simmer for 5 minutes more
6.Serve with rice or Indian roti - 36.5288