- » Indian Bean Main Dish
Indian Bean Main Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of indian bean main dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for indian bean main dish recipes.
Moong Dal Halwa, Kand Pakoda, And Fansi Dhokli
Festive season is the time to forgo all your inhibitions and gorge on yummy delicacies. Bhal Dave here presents a wad of Gujarati delicacies that can be easily prepared at home using lentils and beans. Scrumptious and simple, even you can stir up these... - 38.4311
Indian Black Eyed Beans Curry
Black eyed beans are high in protein and those who want to make their black eyed beans tasty should try to make a curry for a delicious twist. Chef Manjula, who is a Indian Curry expert shows us how to make these tiny little beans tasty and thereby a part of... - 126.436
Vegetable Casserole Indian Style
1) Coat onions with turmeric, cumin and flour.
2) In a bowl, combine together chilli, peas or broad beans and peppers and then add in garlic.
3) Take a casserole and arrange a layer of onions in it.
4) Top with peppers and then with tomatoes.
5) Season... - 49.5329
Black Eye Pea Spice Mix
Peas are a must in most North Indian snacks or curries with other vegetables and seasonings. Here is a recipe to make spicy Black Eyed Peas Masala a great dish to go with rice, naan, rotis or parathas. A must try this new year as it is a believed harbinger of... - 91.6227
Indian Vegetable Casserole
1) Combine together the beans, peas, carrots and boiling water to cover the vegetables in a bowl.
2) Cover the bowl and allow it to stand for about 10 minutes. Drain.
3) In a casserole, heat the oil and sautÃ© the onions for about 10 minutes.
4) Mix... - 46.048
Indian Chili / Rajma Masala
Learn how to cook red and black kidney beans in a curry sauce, Indian style. You can definitely consider this recipe to Indian style Vegetarian chili. - 0
Rajma Aloo - Indian Food
1. Place a pan on flame and heat oil in it.
2. Saute onion in hot oil and then add tomato, green chili, ginger, and garlic. Stir well.
3. Stir in red chili powder, turmeric powder, and coriander powder. Mix well and fry for a couple of minutes or until... - 0
Dalia Black Bean Salad
Bring dalia and 500 ml water to a boil in a covered saucepan.
Simmer for 10-12 minutes until excess liquid is absorbed.
Let the dalia cool, then fluff with a fork.
Scrub and wash the orange, then grate the rind.
Cut the remaining orange in half and squeeze... - 34.4486
Low Salt Spicy Black Bean
1. Sort and wash the beans and place them in a large Dutch oven;
2. Add water about two inches above the surface of the beans and allow it to boil and cook for a couple of minutes
3. Drain the beans and combine them with chicken broth, and the eight... - 43.3976
Kidney Bean Curry
Soak kidney beans in water to cover overnight.
Add turmeric and salt and cook slowly for 1 to 2 hours, until beans are tender but firm.
Drain, reserving liquid.
Heat butter in large skillet.
Add bay leaves, spices and tomatoes.
Cook for approximately 5... - 43.4329
West Indian Style Ling
1) In a large saucepan, add in washed beans and enough cold water to soak. Let the water come to a boil for about 2 minutes.
2) Take the pan off the flame. Cover and let the beans soak for about 2 hours.
3) Peel a garlic clove. Drain the beans.
4) Add... - 44.8273
Double Beans Cooked In Raw Tomatoes
Soak the double beans overnight in plenty of water. Next day, remove them from the water and wash twice. Place them in a pressure cooker with 1/2 tsp of turmeric, salt to taste and six cups of water. Cook till tender.
Place the chopped onions in a large... - 33.7497
2 Rice Meals - Cuban Rice With Beans & Biryani
US chef Bhal Dave always impresses with his innovative kitchen skills and the way he makes cooking look easy. On similar note, he shows here 2 easy and quick rice dishes of different varieties and flavors. Microwave cooked Cuban rice with beans and a quick... - 61.4877
Curried Kidney Beans
If you are fond of kidney beans, this Indian recipe shown in the video is certainly to be tried. Rajma chawal make an interesting North Indian dish and you can savour it too.Just watch the video… - 79.0381
Red Beans & Rice
Drain kidney beans; reserve juice.
Add water as needed to make 2-1/2 cups liquid.
In a large skillet, combine kidney beans, liquid, rice, onion, garlic salt, salt and chili powder.
Bring to a boil and cover.
Simmer 20 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Let... - 37.6235
Bean Ki Tarkari
Bean Ki Tarkari has a great taste. Bean Ki Tarkari gets its taste from beans mixed with chilies and urhad dal. Bean Ki Tarkari is inspired by many food joints worldwide. - 32.4185
Padwal And Val Dalimbi
1. Sprout the field beans and soak them in warm water for two hours and skin.
2. Heat fat. Add mustard seeds. When they crackle, add asafoetida and turmeric.
3. Add field beans and water and cook till three-fourths done.
4. Wash and cut the snake gourd into... - 40.1454
Rajma (red Kidney Bean Curry)
This vegetarian dish originated in Punjab, a northern state in India. Kidney beans are an excellent source of protein and dietary fiber, making it an ideal ingredient in a vegetarian diet. For more recipes, visit www.deliciousindian.com. - 47.1525
This is a preparation of kidney beans in Indian style. You can use canned kidney beans instead of presoaking them. - 27.3722
Urad Ki Khichdi
1)Clean, wash and soak the dal overnight.
2)Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes.
3)In a saucepan, add dal and rice and water. Cook them on medium heat.
4)Add next four ingredients and bring to boil.
5)Decrease heat and cook until dal... - 51.0328
Kidney Bean Curry
Kidney Bean Curry has a lovely taste. Kidney Bean Curry gets its taste from beans mixed with vegetable and chili powder. Kidney Bean Curry is inspired by many food joints across the world. - 35.3568
Not Yo' Mama's Red Beans
Day 1: Add enough water to the red beans to cover them by 3 or 4 inches, and soak overnight in the refrigerator.
As the beans absorb the water, they will more than double in volume.
Day 2: Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
Drain the beans... - 42.8537
Indian Chana Dal With Garlic
Have you tried cooking Chana Dal? A common dal used in Indian cooking, it is really healthy and full of protein. Here is a video showing you how to prepare this dal. A simple recipe and the use of a pressure cooker enables you to prepare this quickly. - 114.469
This dish called “Rajma” is a very popular North Indian vegetarian dish. The main ingredient in this dish is the red kidney beans which, interestingly is not of Indian origin. Try this very simple recipe to cook the delicious red kidney beans in a whole... - 0
Beans And Vegetables
1. Soak the rajma for at least 5 hours.
2. Boil the soaked rajma until soft.
3. Cut the vegetables into long strips. Boil the french beans and carrots.
4. Cut the vegetables for the sauce into big pieces, add 2 teacups of water and cook in a pressure cooker.... - 44.9883
In a large pot, soak beans overnight in 2 quarts of lukewarm water. Drain, discarding soaking water.
Return beans to pot and add fresh water to cover by 2 inches. Stir in salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour. Stir... - 31.6037
Lima Beans Gravy
Dry Roast Coriander seeds,Bengal Gram,jeera,cinnamon till it releases good aroma and keep it aside.In the same pan dry fry red chillies and then dry fry coconut.Allow all the ingrediants to cool and make a paste with a little water.
Pressure Cook toor dal... - 35.4962
Kabuli Chana And Bread
This Kabuli Chana And Bread tastes incredible . Try this out for your next breakfast or brunch. Feel free to share your views about this Kabuli Chana And Bread and let me know if you like it ! - 44.4595
Lamb Bake Indian
1. In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot salad oil, cook lamb until well browned, removing pieces to bowl as they brown.
2. To drippings remaining in skillet, add onion; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Stir in... - 33.5584
Green Beans And Potatoes
Looking for an interesting way to include vegetable in your menu? This video is just apt for you. Watch the chef share her personal recipe to prepare Green Beans and Potatoes recipe. The dish is simple and can be easily replicated at home. - 123.931
Cluster Beans Curry With Potatoes
Beans occurs in many varieties and is a widely used ingredient across all Indian states. Watch chef Madhura showing how to make Gawar Sabzi with aloo or Cluster Beans Curry with Potatoes in Maharashtrian style with common Indian seasonings. Good with rotis... - 105.174
1. Wash and rinse the soaked kidney beans and transfer into a pressure cooker with water and salt. Place it on medium heat and cook for upto 5 whistles.
2. Once the pressure is released, drain the rajma and reserve the cooking liquid... - 0
Lima Beans With Curry Sauce
Steam or boil the beans in a small amount of salted water.
Fry bacon until crisp.
Remove from pan, drain, and dice.
Saute the garlic, onion, and curry powder in the drippings.
When onion is soft, about 5 minutes, stir in the wine, White Sauce with... - 42.9588
This Dal Bati recipe is one that you could try the next time you decide to have a barbecue. Hot Spicy dal served with roasted whole wheat dough, this is absolutely delicious and yes, healthy as I decided to use the grill instead of deep frying them. - 25.8838
Rajma Masala - Kidney Beans
Rajma Masala - Rajma lentils (also "Kidney Beans" due to their shape) is a very popular north Indian ingredient. Healthy Diet Rajma Masala is an all time favorite dish. - 0
Meal On A Platter
1) In individual dishes, place the peas and beans and pour over the garlic dressing.
2) Refrigerate for about 2 hours, turning frequently, then drain well.
3) In a bowl, add the cottage cheese and sprinkle with the chopped chives or parsely.
4) On a... - 43.5463
Three Bean Curry
Three Bean Curry has a fine taste. Three Bean Curry gets its taste from beans mixed with garam masala and chili powder. Three Bean Curry is inspired by many food joints across the globe. - 41.8087
Red Kidney Beans Curry / Rajma
Traditional rajma curry made in non-traditional way. Rajma cooked in pot (without pressure cooker, without boiling them). How to make rajma chawal? Easy way to make rajma curry. - 0
1) In a pan, heat oil and saute the onion for three minutes.
2) Stir in the ground pepper, curry powder and ground ginger.
3) Mix in the sliced beans, tomatoes and liquid stir for 10 minutes.
4) Simmer and allow to cook until the sauce thickens or for... - 39.6228
Sindhi Style Chickpea Curry
This Sindhi style chickpea curry is an instant crowd pleaser that tastes great when served with piping hot puris. This video shows how to whomp up this flavorful chickpea dish in your kitchen. A classic Sindhi curry that will please anyone who loves to eat... - 93.5567
Lentils are one of the staple foods all over India being cooked with differently as per regional tastes. Here is a recipe to make Dal Fry that is simple to make using boiled lentil or dal, vegetables and seasonings. Great with rotis or rice! - 115.141
Khatti Mithi Guvar
Treat your taste buds to this flavorful Indian sweet-sour curry that features potatoes and clustered beans. This delicious vegetarian curry can be made dried or in a gravy. Tastes great when served with rice or roti. This video features a simple way to make... - 112.717
Moong Sabut Dal
Whole green gram (moong sabut dal) is a popularly consumed form of lentil in many Indian households and can be mode both in dry and liquid form. Here follows the recipe for whole green gram with slightly liquid consistency, which goes well along with both... - 0
Green Mung Bean Curry
Green Mung Beans are packed with proteins and are an excellent source of valuable nutrients. This curry is a great combination with Rotis/Chapathis. - 41.6503
Rajma Curry (red Kidney Beans Curry)
In a mood of making rajma curry, then you should try this out. Rajma curry is a very popular Punjabi dish. It is very delicious and easy to make. It is normally served with hot rice. Do check out the video for this interesting recipe. - 102.69
Channa Masala Chole Chana
1. In a blender, add in the onion, garlic, ginger and green chili. Make fine paste and set aside.
2. In a pan, pour in the oil and let it heat.
3. Add in the cumin seeds and onion paste. Stir for a few minutes.
4. Season with turmeric... - 0
Green Beans Italian Style
1) In a saucepan, heat the oil and sautÃ© the onion for about 10 minutes.
2) Add the tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaf and oregano.
3) Bring the ingredients to a boil and then lower the heat.
4) Gently cook the ingredients over low heat for 20... - 42.3628
1. In a pan, pour in the oil and let it heat.
2. Add in the cumin seeds, onion, green chili, garlic and ginger. Sauté for a few seconds.
3. Add in the turmeric and tomatoes and stir.
4. Season with coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder... - 0
Healthy Sprouted Stir Fried Dew Beans
To prepare the moth bean sprouts:
1. Soak the moth beans in water for about 5-6 hours or overnight.
2. Then drain them through a sieve and place in room temperature covering with a cloth for another 8-12 hours.
3. Clean the beans... - 107.749
This quick and easy pulav is a medley of colorful vegetables, nuts and chickpeas with rice. The dish is wholesome, tasty and full of nutrients. It is the perfect answer to a lazy Sunday afternoon or a meal put together in a jiffy. Either way it is tasty. Vary... - 44.5497
Simple And Quick Moong Sabut Dal
Whole green gram (moong sabut dal) is one of the popular Indian dishes, which can be prepared in both liquid and dry form, with the liquid version going well along with rice, and the dry form as a good accompaniment to chapatti. Here I am going to share a... - 0
Green Bean And Mushroom Curry
Place the butter or ghee in a bowl and cook for 1 minute. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients except the fresh coriander (cilantro) or parsley. Cover and cook for 8 - 10 minutes, stirring twice.
Garnish with... - 36.655
Rajma saag wala is a kidney beans and amarnth leaves preparation that is common in indian homes. Cooked with sauted ginger, garlic, chilies and onions with cumin, the rajma saag wala has a curd and cream base.This is a special low sugar recipe great for... - 39.7014
1. Wash, mix and soak Dals overnight
2. Pressure cook Dals with 1 tbsp Ginger paste( approx 7 whistles and then on sim for about 10 minuets, 1 tsp Salt (or as per taste)
3. Mash the daal in the cooker and add some water.( Gas is on sim all this... - 39.3318
Rajma or red kidney bean is popular across India used in curries, rice preparations and appetizers. Watch chef Madhura showing how to cook Rajma Masala or Red Kidney Bean with Spicemix with red kidney beans and common Indian spices. Good with rice or roti! - 113.894
Moong Dal Khichdi
1. Mix the rice and moong dal and wash it.
2. Add into the rice cooker pot along with 4 cups of water.
3. Add green chili paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt to taste.
4. Place the pot in the cooker... - 104.853
Quick & Easy Rajma
This is a very simple and easy rajma curry recipe. It uses very few ingredients which can be found in our pantry. As also, we cook this directly into a pressure cooker which reduces the time and effort on cleaning. - 48.6309
Red Beans And Rice
Heat oil over medium-high heat in saucepan; saute onions, tomatoes, peppers, and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add soy sauce, Worcestershire, tomato paste, bouillon, and oregano.
Mix well, lower heat and simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
Add beans, mix well, and... - 41.9906
Whole Urad Dal
Soak the gram dal and rajma for 5 hours,
Chop the green chillies, ginger, onion and tomato.
Put the urad dal, gram dal and rajma in a vessel, add 2 teacups of water and cook in a pressure cooker.
Mash very well with a big spoon and boil again for 20... - 39.0389
Punjabi Rajma Masala
Rajma Masala is made with red kidney beans with are a very rich source of proteins and dietary fiber. Apart from these the beans are also rich in essential nutrients such as iron, calcium and even vitamin C. - 0
Wash and soak white beans overnight. Pressure cook along with diced potatoes.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry coriander seeds till light brown.
Put coconut, red chillies, salt and tamarind paste along with some warm water to a blender and grind them to a... - 41.125
Whole Green Moong Dal
A nutritious dal recipe with tons of health benefits. Makes a perfect warm soup during rainy days or can be had with rice or chapati. Makes a very good meal if you are looking to shed of excess pounds. - 0
Curried Puri In Buttermilk Sauce & Curried Garbanzo Beans
Wanting to prepare a different lunch, easy and quick? Try the spicy curried puri in buttermilk sauce with leftover puris and serve with rice. Team up with curried garbanzo beans with potatoes in tomato sauce. Try this innovative style of cooking with easy... - 87.7324
Homemade Rajma Curry
Red kidney beans (lal rajma) are consumed quite popularly in Indian households and are normally prepared in a rich tomato onion gravy with lots of spices. - 0
Lima Beans Curry
Like most other legumes, Lima Beans are said to have properties that aid in lowering cholesterol, are high in dietary fiber and especally good for diabetic people as it prevents the blood-sugar level from rising after a meal. - 42.4971
Boil the grams and keep aside (Pls do not add salt while boiling)
Heat the pan and put oil in it, add garlic, onions, salt, turmeric and red chilli powder.
When onions turn soft, add tomatoes and fry.
When tomatoes turn soft, add Capsicum and fry.
Add green... - 36.4981
Tomato Beans Rice
1. In a skillet, add in the ghee and temper with mustard seeds, green chili and dry red chilies.
2. Add the onion and sauté for a few seconds. Season with turmeric powder, cumin seeds, garlic and ginger, followed by split bengal gram and stir... - 0
Aloo Beans Curry
Aloo Beans curry is a perfect accompaniment for your everyday meal. It has mixed flavors in it and it tastes great with rotis or even with rice. - 0
Soya Bean Biryani
Soyabean biriyani is a vegetarian biriyani cooked with rice and soya beans. Prepared with a masala of cumin, ginger, garlic, chili powder and coriander powder as the main flavoring agents, the soyabean biriyani is cooked with milk and vegetables and baked as... - 48.5504
Lal Rajma Curry
Lal rajma curry is a popular dish in Indian households made with lal rajma (red kidney beans), commonly eaten with rice. - 0
Matki Chi Bhaji
Heat oil in a vessel.
Add mustard seeds, when they splutter, add cumin seeds.
Add chopped onions and cover the onions and allow them to cook on low flame.
When the onions are soft add chilli powder, corainder powder and turmeric powder.
Fry it till it leaves... - 42.6448
1) Clean cocums nicely properly.
2) Sprout the beans overnight.
3) Make a paste of garlic, chillies, ginger, coriander and cumin seeds.
4) In a wok, heat oil and fry onions until soft.
5) Add asafoetida and spice paste to it. Saute... - 46.3862
Soak chana overnight and pressure cook for 4 whistles by adding salt.
Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add 2 diced onions and fry till translucent. Keep aside.
Now in the same pan, fry coconut for few seconds.
Heat a tsp oil and fry black pepper, cumin seeds,... - 48.4069
Chole bature is a very popular North Indian dish. Watch the video and follow the steps to make this tasty dish at home. - 0
1) Pound coriander seeds, cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon together.
2) Make a mixture of curd and grated coconut.
3) Make a paste of ginger, chillies and garlic.
4) Fry together small onion and the piece of coconut until golden brown and then... - 48.4977
Palak Lobia / Spinach And Black Eyed Beans Curry
Soak black eyed beans for 3-4 hrs, add salt and cook until tender.
Wash and chop spinach finely. Chop green chillies finely. Keep aside.
Grind a masala by adding cumin seeds, garlic, peppercorns, coconut, dry red chillies and 1/3 tsp tamarind paste and about... - 45.3188
Dark Eyed Beans Curry
In a pan put oil,when it is hot.
Add methi seeds,allow to pop.
Add hing,fry for sec,add onion,garlic and fry till brown colour.
Now add tomato and allow to become mashy
Then add boiled darkeyed beans,grinded masala,tamarind juice,salt and allow bubbles to... - 44.66
Phalli Aloo Ki Subzi
If you are a curry fan, this Phalli Aloo Ki Subzi is going to win your heart. It’s a simple green bean and potato dry curry made by stir frying in the skillet. The best of the recipe here is the crushed garlic, cumin and green chilli seasoning added at the... - 129.891
Stir Fried Sprouts Rice
1)In a pan heat oil and red onions and fry till the onions are golden brown, add capsicum, mushrooms and green chili and stir well on a medium flame.
2)Add the sprouts and cook the sprouts with a splash of water on a medium flame with the lid on for... - 0
Gawarfali Kl Sabji
Gawarfali ki subzi is a nutritious and healthy vegetable preparation, cooked with cluster beans. Cooked with a curd mix along with spices like mustard seeds, asafoetida, fennel seeds, chili powder and curry leaves, the gawarfali ki sabzi is best served with... - 45.7275
Lal Rajma Curry In Onion Tomato Masala With Simple Boiled Rice
Red kidney bean (lal rajma) is one of the popular kinds of bean named for its visual similarity to kidney in terms of color and shape. The bean is popularly consumed in Indian cuisine and is a rich source of protein and carbohydrates. Here follows a popular... - 0
Cluster/gawar Beans Curry
Remove the ends of each bean & cut the beans into 1/2 inch pieces. Keep aside
Heat 2 tbs oil in a wok, add mustard seeds & allow them to splutter. Add cumin seeds, onions, ginger garlic paste & turmeric powder. Mix well. Add curry leaves. Saute until onions... - 37.5173
Moong Sabut Dal Paratha
Making parathas of dal is a nice way to enhance the nutritional value of the dish. Here I am going to share a paratha recipe made with moong sabut dal, which is a good source of protein. - 0
Mung Beans And Rice
These Mung Beans and Rice taste awesome ! Try these savory rice and bean dish for your next meal and let me know if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Mung Beans and Rice are welcome ! - 45.7648
Liquid Moong Dhal
This Liquid Moong Dhal is a filling complement to your main dishes which may be rice or Indian breads. Just try this flavorful bean preparation for you next meal. Your suggestions for this Liquid Moong Dhal are welcome. - 45.5101
1. Heat oil in a pan and add cloves, cinnamon, green cardamom, bay leaves and cumin seeds.
2. Once the cumin seeds crackle, add ginger garlic paste. Saute for a while.
3. Add chopped onions and slit green chillies and fry till golden brown.
4. Add turmeric... - 52.8441
Pinto Beans Part -2 : Making
Check out this part 2 of the series that shows a recipe for pinto beans. The chef here uses seaweed that aids in digestion and traditionally incorporated to reduce gas in the pinto beans. These pinto beans would surely be a delicious and hearty side dish that... - 88.7551
Spicy Whole Green Grams
Lentil dishes are nutritious and filling and here is an Indian recipe to make one. Watch chef Aarsi showing how to make Mung Bean lentils or green gram with vegetables and spicy seasonings. Good to have with rotis or rice! - 127.549