- » Icing
Icing is a topping or covering on top of food such as pastries and cakes. It is also known as frosting in the United States and is a sweet and creamy cover prepared from sugar, a liquid such as water or milk, ... More »
Guilt Free Chocolate Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Icing
A delightful chocolate cupcake. A real easy video to prepare chocolate loaded cupcakes with peanut butter icing....mmmmm. This is real dessert lover's delight. This cake is so moist and rich in flavor. Enjoy it with a delicious cup of tea or coffee in the... - 129.212
Classic Royal Icing
The Classic Royal Icing is something that you might want to learn of you are planning bake some cakes or cookies, and then coat them with icing. In this episode, Adam shows his easy and simple recipe for Royal Icing! Watch and learn folks! - 117.39
Quick Water Based Icing
Now you can ice your cookies, cakes, brownies and biscuits within minutes! No need to buy icing! Watch this video and create a water icing in a matter of minutes and then you are ready to decorate your baked goodies with this icing as you like. Very useful... - 106.208
Betty's Chocolate Sheet Cake Icing
If cakes are what you relish, you must surely be looking for some delicious frosting recipes too! Watch the video to here to learn from Betty how to make a yummy chocolate frosting in just a few minutes! - 103.036
Simple Easy Vanilla Icing
1. In a mixing bowl, put icing sugar, milk, butter and vanilla. Whisk it well.
2. Fold it with a wooden spoon.
3. Spread icing over any cake, and serve it immediately.
You may use salted or unsalted butter for icing. - 102.512
Royal Icing For Cakes
Icing adds all the charm to any dessert, cookie or cake and here is a recipe to make one. Check out how to make Royal Icing using meringue powder as the key ingredient along with other sweetening ingredients. Good to decorate any cake! - 100.514
Easy Buttercream Icing
Desserts or cakes look quite incomplete without a good, rich and flavorful icing. Here is a recipe to make Buttercream Icing using in a simple way using a few regular icing ingredients. Easy to make and economical! - 97.0343
Perfect Icing For Christmas Cookies
This Christmas, get creative with your cookies with these yummy cookies. Truly delicious by themselves, these icing topped cookies make for a perfect holiday treat. They are so irresistible and easy to make that even the kids will clamor for more. So don't... - 95.2715
White Icing For Cake
Who wouldn't love to have a white, creamy cake for birthday, weddings or anniversaries? Betty helps you whip up the perfect frosting that will make for the ideal icing on your cake. Sumptuous and decadent, you will be surprised to know what a doddle it is to... - 94.5744
Frosting, the way it is meant to be. Just fat and sugar and crazy light on the tongue. You're welcome in advance. Like all of my recipes, this is gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, soy-free, paleo, sugar-free, and cane sugar-free. - 94.0355
1. Sieve the icing sugar into a clean bowl.
2. Gradually add the water, beating with a wooden spoon until you have the consistency that you require.
3. Add the lemon juice.
4. Cover the water icing with cling film and allow to stand for about 30... - 87.6288
Easy Homemade Cake Icing Buttercream Style
1. In a small bowl, combine butter, salt, sugar, and color.
2. Drop almond extract, cornstarch, and cream of tartar. Mix well.
3. Use the icing as desired to decorate your cakes or cookies. - 85.7336
1. In a bowl add 1 large egg and beat well with a wooden spoon or an electric whisk.
2. Add a few drops of lemon juice and a little of the sieve icing sugar and beat with the wooden spoon.
3. Add a little of the icing sugar at a time and continue to... - 82.846
Genoese Sponge With Vanilla Icing
1) Preheat oven hot to 375°F, 190°C or Gas No. 5.
2) In a bowl sift the flour twice. Place on a square of greaseproof paper and keep aside.
3) Melt the butter warm but not hot.
4) Grease two 7-inch (18-cm) sponge cake tins. Line the... - 45.7306
Cheesecake With Fruit Topping
Combine the graham wafer crumbs, icing sugar and melted butter and press firmly into a 9" (23 cm) pan with a removable bottom.
Refrigerate while you prepare the cheese mixture.
Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C).
Beat together the softened cream cheese... - 45.6721
Ricotta Cheesecake With Mixed Berry Topping
First wash and clean the berries discarding the spoiled ones.
Then mix the berries along with sugar and vinegar.
Cover and set aside.
Preheat oven to 300" F.
Set rack in the middle of the oven.
Now butter and flour a 9 1/2 inch springform pan, and tap out... - 43.7353
Lemon Snowflake Cookies With Lemon Icing
1. Beat the butter and 10 X sugar in a medium-size bowl until blended. Beat in the lemon rind.
2. Mix together the flour and the cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well blended and smooth. Wrap the dough in... - 41.0468
1. In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, dissolve brown sugar and salt in milk.
2. Place pan on a medium flame and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
3. Reduce the flame to low.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes until thick enough to coat the back of the... - 40.2797
White Or Colored Icing
1) In a saucepan, heat milk.
2) Mix butter with the hot milk.
3) Slowly add sugar to make right consistency for spreading.
4) Add vanilla flavoring.
5) Use the icing to spread on cake.
Prepare pink icing by adding one tablespoon... - 39.719
1) In a saucepan, add sugar and water.
2) Heat up the mixture to bring a boil.
3) Continue boiling without disturbing the mixture until the syrup spins to a thread.
4) Add marsh-mallows and allow melting into syrup.
5) In a bowl, beat egg whites.... - 39.2319
Combine sugar, hot water, and chocolate in heavy saucepan.
Over medium heat, bring to a boil.
Lower heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Mix cornstarch and cold water to a smooth paste.
Stir mixture into chocolate syrup.
Cook for 3 or 4 minutes,... - 38.9399
Fruit Cheese Topping
Combine sugar and flour and blend in the beaten egg.
Gradually stir in juices.
Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
Stir in butter.
Fold in whipped cream and spread over chilled gelatin layer.
Sprinkle top with... - 38.6972
Seven Minute Icing
1) In a double boiler, place all the ingredients.
2) Place the boiler over boiling water.
3) Use a beater to beat for 7 minutes.
4) Mix in 1/2 teaspoon flavoring and baking powder with the mixture.
5) Beat properly.
6) Use this icing to spread... - 37.6519
Strawberry Buttercream Icing Make Twice
1) Into a food processor, feed in the strawberries and process until smooth
2) Strain and keep aside
3) Add In the butter to the puree and mix well
4) Into a saucepan, add the sugar and water and bring to a simmer
5) Over a medium flame cook for 10... - 37.5223
1) In a saucepan, add sugar and water to boil without stirring.
2) Continue boiling until the syrup spins a thread.
3) Beat egg whites to stiff and pour the syrup into the eggs.
4) Beat the mixture to a smooth consistency.
5) Add flavoring and baking... - 36.786
Zucchini With Creamy Cheese Topping
Wash and trim zucchini.
Cook in small amount of boiling salted water until tender, about 10 minutes.
Drain and cool.
Beat eggs with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Roll zucchini in flour, then dip into egg, and fry in hot margarine until browned on both sides.
Put in... - 36.7698
1. In a heavy saucepan, place the sugar, evaporated milk, corn syrup, butter and chocolate. Melt this mixture over low heat to form a uniform mixture
2. When melted bring to a boil
3. Boil for two minutes
4. Remove from heat
5. Add the vanilla and let... - 36.7332
No Cream Vanilla Cream Icing
1) In a pan, combine flour and milk.
2) Cook over medium heat, until smooth.
3) Remove from heat and cool thoroughly.
4) In a mixer, cream sugar and butter.
5) To the cooked flour-milk mix, add the creamed mixture.
6) Beat slightly for a while.
7)... - 36.4786
Coconut is indeed a wonderful and versatile ingredient. A yummy treat, this coconut icing just goes to prove it. A delicious anytime treat. Try it and you are sure to love it. Do let me know how it turned out for you. - 36.4192
Sea Foam Icing
1) In a saucepan, combine sugar and water and bring it to a boil.
2) Continue boiling without stirring until the syrup starts spinning a thread.
3) In a bowl, beat egg whites.
4) Pour in the hot syrup gradually into the egg mix.
5) Using a wire whip... - 36.1076
Vanilla Creme Icing:
Combine milk and flour in a 4-cup glass measure.
Microwave at HIGH 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir at 1 minute intervals.
Add butter, sugar, shortening, vanilla, and salt.
Beat until fluffy.
Use as filling between two chocolate cookies. - 35.828
Chocolate Satin Icing
1) In a bowl, add icing sugar, hot water, corn syrup and melted chocolate.
2) Blend well.
3) Continue beating ½ egg mixture, separately.
4) Beat in butter 1 tablespoon at a time.
5) In a pan of ice water, place the bowl.
6) Beat the icing until ready... - 35.7449
Orange Flavored Icing
1) In a pan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, orange juice and water.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Then, remove from heat.
3) To this, add the beaten egg yolks, butter and orange rind.
4) Cool thoroughly.
5) Frost the... - 35.4147
Put the almonds through the finest blade of a food grinder.
Work the next 4 ingredients into the almonds.
Mix well, using your hands if necessary to make a smooth paste.
Sprinkle board generously with icing sugar.
Place almond icing on it.
Roll out to the... - 35.0535
Combine butter, icing sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan and place over very low heat.
Cook till butter melts (for approximately two minutes).
Pour the icing sugar mixture in a big bowl and cool slightly.
Go on adding more icing sugar and knead well.
Use... - 35.0294
Best Ever Chocolate Icing
1) In a bowl, place chocolate and butter.
2) Place the bowl over hot water to melt the ingredients.
3) Add milk, egg, icing sugar and vanilla.
4) With a large spoon, whip up the mixture.
5) Use the filling to layer cakes and cover the top as... - 34.9857
1 On to clean greaseproof paper, sieve the icing sugar
2 Separate the egg putting white in the basin.
3 Whip the egg white using a fork until it is light and frothy.
4 Gradually work in the icing sugar.
5 When the fondant mixture is... - 34.7426
Butter Icing Using Blanched Almonds
Believe me when I say that you must try this Butter Icing. I simply love Butter Icing which is believed to be a popular icing worldwide to decorate the cakes. I cant believe you just have not tried my Butter Icing recipe, yet. - 34.6181
Melt shortening and butter.
Remove from heat.
Blend in thickener and salt.
Slowly stir in milk.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Boil 1 minute.
Remove from heat.
Stir in the sugar and flavoring.
Beat to spreading consistency.
(Place pan in ice water... - 34.5514
Blend butter and cream cheese until smooth.
Add honey and vanilla.
Stir in wheat germ and powdered milk.
If frosting is too thick, add a little more honey.
Spread onto cooled cake and pour walnuts over evenly. - 34.1123
Add 1 cup of sugar to the egg white and blend.
Add butter, flavoring, salt and cocoa butter and blend thoroughly.
Add remaining sugar and milk alternately.
If mixtuure is too stiff for use in pastry tube, a few more drops of milk may be added.
Decorative... - 34.0472
Petits Fours Icing
Would you like to try a frosting recipe that is too simple, both in the ingredients involved and preparation then this Petits Fours Icing is a must try! Made with ingredients that is readily available in your kitchen cabinet, this Petits Fours Icing is also... - 33.8889
Date And Nut Meringue Icing
Combine sugar, water, lemon juice and salt in sauce pan.
Cook to 242° F. (long thread stage).
Sprinkle cream of tartar over egg white, and beat until stiff.
Pour hot syrup slowly into beaten egg whites-beating constantly, until all of syrup has been-added... - 33.7661
1. In a large mixing bowl, Combine egg whites (at room temperature) and cream of tartar.
2. With an electric mixer, beat at medium speed until frothy.
3. Slowly, add in powdered sugar, mixing well.
4. Whiz for 5 to 7 minutes.
5. With paste food... - 33.6087
Creamy Chocolate Icing
Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over lowest heat.
Remove from heat and blend in flour and salt.
Stir in milk gradually.
Return to low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until very thick and smooth.
Remove from heat and stir in sugar and... - 33.5818
Eggless Maple Icing
1) In a saucepan, heat up milk.
2) Add butter to the milk.
3) Gradually add sugar and prepare a paste.
4) Add flavoring.
5) Use the icing to spread on cake. - 33.3202
Vegetable Burger Stew With Tomatoes Peas And Cheese Topping
Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the onion until lightly browned.
Melt the butter in a separate saucepan and brown the burger chunks (about 5 minutes in total).
Mix the onions and burger chunks together and add all the remaining ingredients except the... - 33.3125
Lazy Lucie's Chocolate Icing
1) In a bowl, place the dry ingredients.
2) In a pan of hot water, place the bowl of chocolate to melt.
3) Pour in boiling water.
4) Add the chocolate mixture over the dry ingredients.
5) Add flavoring and combine.
6) Spread the icing over a 9... - 33.2946
Creamy Cheesecake With Cranberry Topping
1. Prepare Cranberry Topping. Prepare Graham Cracker Crust, adding 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs.
2. Beat cream cheese, eggs, sugar, orange peel and 2 teaspoons vanilla in large bowl on high speed about 2 minutes or until smooth. Microwave uncovered on medium... - 33.2003
Sherry Butter Icing
1) Heat up butter, until it turns bubbling and light brown.
2) Add sugar and wine, by removing from heat.
3) Blend thoroughly by stirring vigorously.
4) To thicken the consistency, add few drops of cream.
5) Use the Sherry Butter icing to... - 33.1871
Egg Yolk Icing
Place egg yolks, cream of tartar, salt, water, lemon juice and sugar in the top of a double boiler.
Place over boiling water (upper pan should not touch surface of water) and beat with a rotary beater or electric mixer for 7 minutes or until mixture is thick... - 32.9647
Bring water to a boil in a large heavy saucepan (this part of icing must be done at least 2 days before icing is to be used).
Add sugar and cream of tartar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Boil hard, without stirring, until syrup registers 258 degrees on... - 32.8932
Rocky Roads Icing
1) In a bowl, add butter and chocolate.
2) Melt the ingredients over hot water.
3) Add remaining ingredients except marshmallows.
4) Remove the bowl from hot water and slightly cool to fold in the marshmallows. The marshmallows should not... - 32.7803
Ginger Cream Topping
1) Whip the cream until soft peaks are formed, fold in the ground ginger and sugar and whip further until stiff.
2) Then fold in the minced candied ginger.
3) In each brandy snap, place 1 tablespoon ginger cream.
4) Fold the egg white mixture into... - 32.7803
1) Prepare orange rind by grating with a grater.
2) In a bowl, pour in lemon juice and place the orange rind inside lemon juice to soak for some time.
3) Combine juice, sugar and egg together and beat properly.
4) Use this... - 32.7216
1) In a bowl, add butter.
2) Place over hot water to melt.
3) Add brown sugar to dissolve into the butter mixture.
4) Place over low heat to cook for 2 minutes, by constant stirring.
5) Pour in milk and bring the mixture a boil, by stirring.
6) Remove... - 32.7139
1. In a double saucepan melt 3/4 lb chocolate along with coffee over low heat.
Keep stirring so that the chocolate dissolves totally.
2. Remove the chocolate mixture from the saucepan. Beat the butter in the saucepan - one piece at a time.
3. Beat till... - 32.6166
Try this version of amazingly delicious Currant-Nut Icing recipe. An effortlessly prepared recipe; the Currant-Nut Icing is a dish that you would surely love to talk about with us! - 32.5237
Royal Icing With Honey
1) Use eggs that are at room temperature and not straight from the refrigerator.
2) Into a mixing basin, break the egg whites and beat lightly until just frothy.
3) Through a fine sieve on to a large square of greaseproof paper, sift icing... - 32.3818
Chocolate Fluff Icing
Cream butter; add 3/4 cup sugar.
Add vanilla, chocolate and salt.
Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
Add remaining sugar, small amount at a time, beating after each addition until blended.
Beat until mixture forms stiff peaks.
Fold into... - 32.3559
1) Bring out the orange rind by grating the peel.
2) In your electric mixer, add all the ingredients and blend thoroughly.
3) Use as a topping on your favorite cake or dessert. - 32.2473
Combine sugar and flour in saucepan.
Add eggs and plum juice; mix well.
Add plums and salt; bring to a slow boil.
Cook until mixture is of spreading consis- tency.
Remove from heat.
Add butter; beat until cool enough to spread.
Frost cooled cake. - 32.1168
Over low heat melt the chocolates with the coffee and vanilla or rum flavoring.
Add the corn syrup.
Stir in the cream.
This icing may be made ahead and frozen until needed. - 32.0523
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large beater bowl, and mix on low speed; then beat on medium to high speed 10-15 minutes.
Add the flavoring.
Dip the edge of a metal spatula in and out of the frosting.
If a sharp edge or peak forms, icing is a good... - 31.7375
White Satin Icing
1. Melt shortening and butter in a saucepan. Remove from the heat.
2. Blend in the flour and salt.
3. Slowly stir in the milk.
4. Return to the heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute.
5. Remove from the heat, and add the vanilla.
6.... - 31.6079
1. Take a large bowl, add egg whites and beat to a frothy form.
2. Gradually add sifted confectioners' sugar, and using a wooden spoon, beat the mixture thoroughly.
3. Add lemon juice, while half the sugar has been added, and beat well.
4. Add more... - 31.4502
1.In a bowl, sieve icing sugar along with salt using a nylon sieve.
2.Add spoon by spoon sprinkling of icing sugar and blend well after adding each time.
3.Stir in lime juice and glycerine and blend until the mixture rises.
4.Cover with... - 31.4441
Easy Caramel Icing
Try this easy caramel icing subtly flavored with a dash of lemon juice. Pretty much goes with any cake of your choice. - 31.2214
Seven Minute Icing
1) In a double boiler, mix the cream of tartar, salt, egg whites, sugar and water together.
2) Beat the mixture for 7 minutes or until firm peaks are formed.
3) Remove from the water and allow to cool.
4) Then stir in the lemon juice.
5) Use... - 31.1962
1.In a pan, heat water and sugar on low flame.
2.Stir the mixture a few times so that the sugar gets fully dissolved.
3.Stir in lime juice or tartaric acid and let the mixture boil.
4.Do not stir so that the mixture forms into a ball.
5.Turn off the... - 31.1712
Put the icing sugar into a bowl and gradually beat in the warm water or syrup until the icing is smooth and coats the back of the spoon.
Spoon over the cake and spread evenly using a palette knife dipped in a jug of hot water.
To coat the sides as well, stand... - 31.126
1. Take a mixing bowl and add sieve in icing sugar; add lemon juice if used.
2. In a small basin, lightly beat the egg whites.
3. Slowly, add the egg white into the bowl of icing sugar, mixing continuously with a wooden spoon. Add egg white and whisk... - 30.9186
Melt butter in saucepan; add brown sugar.
Bring to a boil.
Boil over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring con- stantly.
Stir in milk; bring to a boil again, stirring constantly.
Cool to lukewarm.
Add powdered sugar gradually; beat until thick enough to... - 30.788
Mix sugar, cocoa, whipping cream, syrup and salt together in saucepan.
Let stand for at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Cook until soft ball forms in water.
Add butter and vanilla.
Remove from heat; beat... - 30.7619
Brown Butter Icing
1) In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine until liquid bubbles up, gets foamy and is lightly browned.
2) Take the pan away from heat at once.
3) In a large bowl, place butter with sugar and mix until evenly crumble.
4) Sprinkle milk over and blend... - 30.6515
Boil sugar and water until syrup spins a thread.
Pour into whites of eggs, stirring constantly.
Add lemon juice and grated orange and lemon rind to icing.
Spread between layers and on top and sides of cake.
Sprinkle the grated coconut all over top and sides... - 30.5845
Royal Or Ornamental Icing
Combine first four ingredients in a large beater bowl and mix on low speed, then on medium to high speed for 10 to 15 minutes.
Dip the edge of a metal spatula in and out of the frosting.
If a sharp edge or peak forms, icing is a good... - 30.5813
1) In a bowl, add butter and honey to cream.
2) Combine cream and vanilla.
3) Add powdered milk and carob powder until you get the desired consistency.
4) Use the mixture for icing any cake. - 30.4933
1. In a bowl mix shortening, chocolate, salt and vanilla.
2. Add sugar and milk alternately.
3. Beat the mixture until smooth.
4. Add more liquid to get a thinner glaze. - 30.4483
Basic butter icing
Cream 55 grams (2 oz.) soft butter (or margarine) until soft and white. Do not warm. Work in 85 grams (3 oz.) sieved icing sugar with flavouring and colouring as required. To make a firmer icing, use 115 grams (4 oz.) of icing... - 30.2003
Seven Minute Icing
The seven minute icing is a quick and easy icing recipe. Prepared over a broiler and lightly cooked with egg, sugar and an added flavor of choice, the seven minute frosting can be used on cakes and dessert rolls. - 30.1202
Simple Seven Minute Icing
Put all ingredients, except vanilla, in top of double boiler, over boiling water.
(Upper pan should not touch surface of water.) Beat with rotary beater for 7 minutes, or with an electric beater for 4 minutes, or until icing is stiff enough to stand in... - 30.115
Flavored Glazed Icing
If the sugar is lumpy, break up the lumps by rolling the sugar with a rolling-pin before sieving.
Sieve the icing sugar and put into a small bowl over hot water.
Add the 1 tablesp warm water gradually.
Stir until all the sugar is dissolved and the icing is... - 30.0731
Lemon Cream Icing
1) In a bowl, cream together butter, sugar and lemon juice.
2) To this, add lemon rind.
3) If the icing is not soft enough, add a few teaspoons of cream or evaporated milk to soften.
4) Top the cake with this icing as desired. - 30.0178
This Snowy Icing can make any bland cake r desserts taste simple awesome. Using very basic ingredients and made in just about no time, this Snowy Icing is a must try for all, be it experts or greenhorns! - 29.9716
Pineapple icing is easy and quick to make. This icing enhances taste of cakes and cookies. This flavorful pineapple icing can be made anytime. It is great on pineapple cakes and cookies in particular. - 29.8656
Soft Butter Icing
1. In a stand mixer, add butter and start whisking.
2. Gradually, add icing sugar into it. Keep whisking.
3. Very carefully and gradually add in the boiling water. Keep whisking.
4. Add the cold top of milk. Do not add milk if the mixture looks... - 29.7183
Mix egg white, sugar, corn syrup and 2 tablespoons cold water in top of double boiler; place over boiling water.
Beat until mixture holds shape.
Add salt; beat until of spreading consistency.
Stir in vanilla; spread top of cake with icing.
Double this recipe... - 29.5634
1) In your blender, add all ingredients in order to blend.
2) Use a saucepan to pour the mixture. Heat it up on medium heat for 3 minutes.
3) Let it cool down first before you start using.
4) Ice your favorite cake or dessert by using this... - 29.4992
1 In a heatproof bowl, sift the icing (confectioners') sugar.
2 Stir in water and the food coloring (optional)
3 In a pan half filled with hot water, place the bowl.
4 Heat gently for 1 to 2 minutes,beating constantly until the sugar has... - 29.4936
White Mountain Icing
Mix the sugar, cream of tartar, and baking powder in a small pan.
Add the water and stir until it boils.
Beat the egg white and salt until stiff and beat in the sugar syrup a spoonful at a time.
When half has been added, add the lemon juice and the rest of... - 29.3673
Dissolve the sugar in the water over a low heat, add the glucose or cream of tartar, bring to the boil quickly, and boil to a temperature of 237° F.
Pour on to an oiled or wetted slab, let it cool slightly (if worked when too hot it will grain), and work... - 29.3414
1) In a saucepan, add sugar and water to boil without stirring.
2) Continue boiling, until the syrup spins a thread.
3) Beat egg whites to stiff and gradually add the syrup into it.
4) Use a wire whip to beat on a platter until it becomes... - 29.3312
1) In a pan, mix all the ingredients.
2) Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently, until a soft ball forms.
3) Beat the mixture thoroughly, until it cools and becomes thick in consistency.
4) Top the cooled cakes with this icing,... - 29.2925
1) In a saucepan, add sugar and water and without stirring, place over low heat and dissolve.
2) To prevent a crust from forming, dip a brush in cold water and at the syrup level, wipe around the pan to prevent a crust from forming.
3) Mix in the... - 29.2608
Party Mints With Royal Icing
Put sugar, syrup, salt, and water in top of double boiler.
When it starts to boil add 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar.
Let boil until soft-ball stage is reached.
Take up, place vessel in cold pan of water and start beating with electric mixer until... - 29.1032
1. Take a heavy-bottomed pan, add water and sugar.
2. Place on low heat and without boiling, dissolve sugar to form a syrup.
3. Dip a brush in cold water and use it to wipe the pan sides at syrup level to avoid crystallization of the syrup.
4.... - 29.0723
Fluffy Chocolate Icing
Melt chocolate and butter in top of double boiler.
Remove from heat, add remaining ingredients.
Stir until well blended.
Place into a bowl of partially melted ice cubes.
Beat with rotary egg beater, or electric mixer until thick and fluffy.
Enough for 9-inch... - 29.0535
Cream butter, and add salt.
Work in part of sugar gradually, blending well; add a little egg white and more sugar, continuing to alternate until egg whites are used up.
Then continue to add sugar, alternately with cream, until mixture reaches spreading... - 28.9923
Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water.
Mix the measured water, sugar, cocoa and cream in a pan and bring to the boil.
Reduce over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
Squeeze the water from the gelatine and add the leaves to the pan. (If using... - 28.8336
Icing Recipes By Category