Horsetail tea refers to the tea prepared from horsetail plant, where the name has been given to the plant not because of its physical appearance, but for the reason that the plant was used to tie the tail of the horse, so as to scare away mosquitoes and flies. The tea prepared from horsetail plant contains several minerals which include manganese, aluminum, flavonoids, and potassium, hence proving to be a healthy beverage. Also, the distinct savor and flavor of the tea is immensely appreciated by many people. The tea has been in use for several years to cure infections in the urinary tract.
Horsetail Tea Recipe- Preparation
The preparation of horsetail tea is quite simple where one spoon of green portion of the horsetail plant is soaked in one cup cold water or simmered at a very low flame for around fifteen minutes. The tea is ready to be consumed now. It is recommended to drink a cup of tea every day for around two weeks, in order to strengthen nails, hair, ligaments, bones and tendons.
Horsetail Tea Benefits
Among numerous health benefits associated with this tea, a few are discussed hereunder:
- The tea is considered to be quite effective in dealing with infections of the urinary tract, where all the bacteria are flushed out from the bladder in an effectual manner.
- Burns and wounds can be treated effectively with the aid of intake of this tea.
- Horsetail tea acts as a great support with respect to osteoporosis and arthritis treatment, as it aids in strengthening the cartilage and bones.
- Doing gargling with this tea would aid in fighting against oral wounds and mouth ulcers.
- Digestive system disorders such as ulcer and hyperacidity can be treated with the help of consumption of this tea.
- The tea is enriched with silicic acid, which helps in strengthening the lungs and deals with respiratory problems like tuberculosis, asthma, and bronchitis in an effectual way.
- This nutritious tea helps in stimulating blood circulation throughout the body, hence enabling to improve the overall health.
- The functioning of the kidney gets improved with the aid of consumption of this nutritious tea.
- Horsetail tea is also considered to be beneficial in dandruff treatment.