- » Hoppin John
Hoppin John Recipes
Hoppin' John refers to a Southern US dish made of beans, rice and several other ingredients to make a flavorsome pilaf, which is traditionally served on New Year as a sign of prosperity and luck. This dish is ... More »
Traditional Hoppin John
Looking to make a traditional favorite this New Year? Go fro hoppin john — a unique Southern dish that combines rice and black-eyed peas together to create an exotic burst of flavor and texture. Healthy, nutritious, and tasty, this dish barely takes any... - 101.73
1) Take a large saucepan and cook bacon in it until crisp. Remove and place on paper towels to drain.
2) Add garlic and onions to the drippings in the skillet and cook until soft.
3) Stir in water, black-eyed peas, bay leaf, rice, pepper, hot pepper... - 46.2578
Hollister Hoppin' John
In a Dutch oven, lightly brown the sausage and drain.
Do not over brown the sausage, as that will render all of the fat and most of the flavor.
Add the water, onion, and peas.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
Remove the lid and simmer,... - 36.4294
1. Place the black-eyed peas in a 4-quart pot, and add 2 1/2 quarts of water. Cover and soak for 4 hours or overnight. (Place the pot in the refrigerator if soaking for more than 4 hours.) When you are ready to cook, drain off the soaking water and return the... - 30.107
You May Also Like!
Weezie's Hoppin' John
Comfort food simplified for everyday cooking! Surprisingly full of flavor and texture to make everyone ask for seconds. Serve as a main dish with greens and bread, or serve as a side dish with roast chicken. The pepper quantities are family-friendly, but add... - 34.318
Hoppin' John New Year's Salad
How would you like to learn the Hoppin’ John salad? The traditional New year’s day salad, in Southern United States, this salad is believed to encourage a year filled with luck! Prepared using rice and beans, this salad is simple and healthy. Prepare this... - 122.998
New Year’s Day Hoppin’ John
Hoping for a successful New Year? Start the year off right with a delicious bowl of Hoppin’ John. Hoppin’ John is a traditional southern dish of black-eyed peas, rice, and greens believed to bring prosperity and luck for the year ahead. The black-eyed... - 31.504
New Year's Day Good Luck Hoppin' John
This New Year's Day, bring on the good luck to your holiday table with Betty's hoppin' john. This flavorful South American treat tastes sumptuous and quite a doddle to make too. Stream the video and learn how to make this satisfying treat. - 103.652
Kids at home love this Hoppin' John - guess the name too play a part in making this their favorite. This Hoppin' John is pretty easy to prepare too - just give it a try this weekend. - 27.9899
Hoppin John Salad
1) In a 1-quart ovenproof shallow casserole, mix together the escarole, peas, ham, water, and onion.
2) With a vented plastic wrap, cover the casserole.
3) On high power, microwave this for 4 minutes. You should rotate the casserole 1/2 turn, when... - 46.3227
Hoppin' John - Southern Style Rice & Beans
Have you been looking for a vegetarian version of hoppin john? This video is just perfect for you. Watch the chef share her secret recipe to prepare this Southern Hoppin John. This recipe is an absolute delight, don’t miss it. - 97.9464
New Year Special Good Luck Hoppin' John
Bring some good luck to your New Year platter with this lip-smacking traditional treat. Betty, in this video recipe, assays how to make Hoppin John at home in her own way. It’s simple, quick and delicious, thereby ensuring that you have a tasty way to a... - 93.3221
Hoppin' Chicken John
1. In a large Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of drippings. Cook chicken in drippings over medium-high heat, turning, until golden brown all... - 33.0445
Hoppin John Recipes By Category