- » Hominy Grit
Hominy Grit Recipes
Enjoy our collection of hominy grit recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for hominy grit recipes.
Hominy Grits Casserole
1) Preheat oven to 300°F.
2) In a bowl, combine hominy, salt, and water.
3) Stir well and add 1 cup of skim milk.
4) In an oiled 1 1/2 quart casserole, pour in mixture.
5) Add margarine, sugar, eggs, and skim milk.
6) Place inside oven... - 43.3028
Baked Hominy Grits With Cheese
Combine water, milk, salt, and grits in a saucepan.
Bring mixture to a boil.
Lower heat and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Allow 5 minutes for quick-cooking grits and 30 minutes for regular grits.
Stir a little of the grits into eggs; return... - 34.0414
To Cook Hominy: Cover a flat baking sheet with heavy foil, arid grease or spray the foil.
In a 4-cup microwavesafe bowl, stir together grits, 1/2 cup water, and broth.
Microwave, covered, on high (100%) for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until... - 31.0444
Stir beaten egg yolk into grits, season with salt and add margarine.
Fold in stiffly beaten egg white.
Transfer to small individual casserole.
Set in pan holding hot water which comes about halfway up the dish.
Bake at 375Â° F. about 1 hour. - 21.6858
You May Also Like!
Hominy Grits And Turnip Greens
This Hominy Grits and Turnip Greens are a mealtime favorite with me ! Nutritious vegetable and corn are a welcome meal at anytime of the day, especially when I'm a bit tired. I'd like to have this with some cheese and savory sauces sprinkled over. Blend this... - 26.3958
Hominy Grits Muffins
Mix the grits and milk in a bowl.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and stir into grits mixture.
Stir in the eggs and place in well-greased muffin tins.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. - 29.6694
Hominy Grits Souffle
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In saucepan stir grits into boiling salted water; cook, stirring until soft.
Melt margarine in small skillet; add onion and garlic and saute until soft.
In bowl combine cooked grits, onion mixture, and peppers; add cheese, egg yolks,... - 38.4665
Quick Cooking Grits
1. Heat water in a 2-quart glass casserole in microwave oven to boiling (about 6 minutes at HIGH).
2. Add grits and salt to boiling water; stir. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 5 minutes at HIGH; stir once during cooking.
3. Cover; allow to stand 5 minutes... - 26.2332
1 Preheat the oven to 325° F.
Lightly grease a shallow 1 1/2 or 2 quartbakingdish.
In a large saucepan, bring the stock to a boil over high heat.
Gradually add the grits, whisking until completely incorporated.
Lower the heatto moderate and cook, whisking... - 40.8998
1.Start by preheating the oven to 350F degrees.
2.In a pot, pour the milk and heat it, now add butter and hominy grits, keep stirring constantly
3.Keep boiling and stirring continually for 3 minutes or until the mixture becomes... - 36.069
1. In a small saucepan heat water to boil, stir in hominy grits and salt.
2. Cover and cook with many stirrings up to 40 minutes such that very thick.
3. Into four very lightly buttered 5-ounce custard cups spoon the mixture, let it stand 10 minutes... - 31.4969
1) In a small saucepan, heat the water to boiling point. Add the salt and hominy grits. Cover the pan and cook for about 40 minutes, stirring frequently, till the mixture is very thick.
2) Into 4 lightly buttered 5-ounce custard cups, spoon the mixture... - 31.1897
Baked Cheese Grits
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
Bring water to a full rolling boil.
Add grits; return to boiling point.
Cook, stirring constantly, until very thick, about 6 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Add butter or margarine and mix cheese, eggs,... - 39.1994
Baked Hominy Dessert
Heat the milk to boiling.
Add the butter, then gradually add the hominy grits, stirring constantly.
Bring to boiling and boil 3 minutes, or until mixture becomes thick, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
Add the salt; beat at high speed of an electric... - 30.3819
Hominy Grit Recipes By Category