- » Hominy
Hominy, also called Nixtamal or the corn without germ is an ingredient popularly eaten in the Southern United States either as a vegetable or as a cereal. Coarse hominy is called “Samp” or “big ... More »
Latin Style Beans, Beef, And Hominy
1.Take a 2 quart saucepan and heat some oil in it.
2.Add in the bell pepper, onion, garlic and stir cook until the vegetables become crisp yet remain tender.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients and let the mixture boil.
4.Let simmer over reduced heat... - 45.0494
Hominy Au Gratin
1. Butter a casserole.
2. Drain the hominy and empty into the buttered casserole.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F
4. Reserve 4 tablespoons of grated cheese separately.
5. In a heavy bottomed saucepan combine the remaining cheese,... - 38.9147
Turn the hominy into a buttered 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
Beat the butter into the hominy.
Beat together the remaining ingredients.
Add them to the hominy and mix well.
Set the baking dish into a baking pan with 1 inch of water.
Bake in preheated moderate oven... - 37.3352
Baked Hominy Casserole
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a buttered 2-quart casserole, combine and place all the ingredients.
3) Place the casserole in a larger hot water pan and bake in the preheated oven for about an hour until firm.
4) Serve... - 36.8222
1.Start by preheating the oven to 350F degrees.
2.In a pot, pour the milk and heat it, now add butter and hominy grits, keep stirring constantly
3.Keep boiling and stirring continually for 3 minutes or until the mixture becomes... - 36.069
Combine hominy, pimento and onions in greased baking dish.
Combine butter, milk, cheese, salt and flour in saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until cheese is melted.
Pour over hominy mix- ture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Yield: 4-6... - 33.4847
Delicious Hominy Bake
Combine soup, red pepper, pepper, celery seed, Worcestershire sauce and salt; place over medium heat until mixture is heated through.
Place hominy in greased baking dish; pour soup mixture over hom- iny.
Top with bread crumbs and almonds.
Bake at 300 degrees... - 32.9011
Twentieth Century Hominy
1. Wash corn. In a bowl add 2 qt cold water and soda. Soak the corn in it and cover. Keep aside overnight.
2. In enamel kettle boil the corn in the water it was soaked.
3. Cook for 3 hours until hulls loosen. Add water if required.
4.... - 32.7072
In large bowl combine hominy and salt.
Mash till consistency of mush.
With hands, shape into rounds 1 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
In skillet fry gorditas in small amount of hot fat about 1 minute on each side or till golden.
Drain on paper... - 32.4482
1. In a small saucepan heat water to boil, stir in hominy grits and salt.
2. Cover and cook with many stirrings up to 40 minutes such that very thick.
3. Into four very lightly buttered 5-ounce custard cups spoon the mixture, let it stand 10 minutes... - 31.4969
1) In a small saucepan, heat the water to boiling point. Add the salt and hominy grits. Cover the pan and cook for about 40 minutes, stirring frequently, till the mixture is very thick.
2) Into 4 lightly buttered 5-ounce custard cups, spoon the mixture... - 31.1897
Hominy Deluxe is a filling and unique dish that is perfect for your family weekend luncheons. Try feeding Hominy Deluxe to those hungry mouths at your place. I am sure that they will love it! - 28.6919
Golden Hominy Scramble
This golden hominy scramble is a cooked egg and homuny recipe prepared with added bacon to it. a filling dish that can be served as a full meal at home, the golden hominy scramble is prepared by frying. - 27.0936
Combine the corn, lye and 6 cups water in an enameled boiler or a stainless steel kettle and boil for about 25 minutes or until the hulls are loosened.
Rinse the corn through several changes of hot water, then cover with cold water.
Let stand for 2 to 3... - 26.8425
Hog And Hominy
Season meat with salt and pepper.
Brown with onion in hot lard, using heavy kettle.
Cover with hominy; top with sectioned tomatoes.
Cover kettle and simmer over very low heat for 1 hour, adding a little water if necessary. - 25.3509
In medium-size skillet cook sausage until fat begins to come off.
Add hominy and onion; cook until browned and blended.
Add soup and salt; stir until hot.
Top with crumbs. - 24.8823
Fry pork until brown on all sides.
Add onions, tomatoes, and chili powder to taste.
Cover and cook over low heat until meat is tender, about 2 hours.
Add hominy and cook for 30 minutes longer. - 24.0633
Buttered Whole Hominy
Heat the hominy in its own liquor.
Then drain, and add butter, paprika and salt to taste.
Serve as an accompaniment to meat and gravy.
1/2 c thin cream and 2 tablesp minced parsley may be added to drained, heated hominy, in place of butter. - 19.4515
Hominy Recipes By Category