- » Homemade Turnip
Homemade Turnip Recipes
Enjoy our collection of homemade turnip recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for homemade turnip recipes.
Put cubed turnips in saucepan and add salt.
Cover with boiling water and cook, covered, until turnips are tender, about 15 minutes.
Drain very well.
Add butter to drained turnips and sprinkle in brown sugar.
Set over moderate heat and cook, stirring gently... - 33.4639
1. Start oven, set at 375° F., Moderate. Rub a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with butter or margarine.
2. Drain the turnips and slice them.
3. Arrange a layer of them in the bottom of the baking dish, sprinkle lightly with some of the salt and mace, then with a... - 30.797
Cut turnips into slender sticks about 2 inches long.
Cook in boiling salted water until just tender.
Melt butter in saucepan, add onion, parsley and lemon juice.
Add cooked turnip sticks and heat thoroughly.
Serve immediately. - 25.9592
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F/ Gas 4). Peel turnips and cut them into 1cm (1/2 in) thick rounds. Cut each round into quarters and add to a saucepan of boiling water. Cook for 7 minutes, drain and place in a serving dish.
2. Bring cream, pepper and cumin... - 21.167
Turnips A La Francaise
Pan cook and mash the turnip, add the egg, the 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of butter, the savory, salt and pepper to taste.
Beat together until well blended.
Place in a buttered baking dish in a mound.
Make a white sauce with the 3 tablespoons (50 mL) butter, flour... - 39.2572
1. Peel and cube turnip, then place in boiling salted water and cook until tender.
2. While turnips are cooking, sautee onion in butter.
3. Drain turnips well, and then mash.
4. Mash in the sauteed onions.
You will find these turnips surprisingly delicious. - 22.2819
1. Combine turnip, butter or margarine, sugar, cereal, salt, pepper, nutmeg and milk in a medium-size bowl; mix until well blended. Spoon into 6 buttered, 6-ounce custard cups.
2. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 30 minutes, or until tops are golden. - 24.139
Turnips With Apples
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine turnips, applesauce, butter, sugar, salt, pepper and eggs; mix well.
3. Butter an 8x8-inch (20-cm) baking dish.
4. Pour half the turnip mixture into the dish, top with apple slices and cover with... - 27.5628
Carrot And Turnip Puree
Place the carrots and turnip in a pan, barely cover with water and boil until tender.
Put the cooked vegetables in a food processor and puree with the butter, salt and pepper until soft and smooth.
Alternatively, mash them by hand. - 18.3739
Turnips With Apples
Steam turnips over boiling water until soft (about 20 minutes).
Add apple slices and steam a few more minutes until soft.
Remove from heat.
Mash together turnips and apples.
Season with pepper and butter to taste.
Sprinkle with cinnamon. - 27.3267
Turnips And Potatoes
Cook turnips and potatoes separately in lightly salted boiling water.
Melt butter and add onion.
Cook gently 2 minutes.
Add well drained turnip and potato cubes and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook gently, stirring, until vegetables are hot... - 31.2751
1. Peel the turnip.
2. Fill a pan with water and heat.
3. Put turnip in the water and add better than bouillon.
4. Boil turnip for 15 minutes.
5. Remove turnips from boiling water and allow to cool for some time.
6. Preheat the oven... - 102.708
Slice, and boil in salted water until tender but not too soft, about 15 minutes; drain, and mash.
Cook potatoes in salted water in separate saucepan.
Drain well, mash and combine with mashed turnip.
Add remaining ingredients, and whip with egg... - 30.7616
Potatoes And Turnips
Bake in preheated very hot oven (450°F.) for 45 minutes, or until done.
Cut potatoes into halves lengthwise and scoop out pulp.
Add turnip and butter, and mix well.
Beat in enough hot milk to make mixture light and fluffy.
Season with salt... - 32.9444
Orange Turnip Melange
1. In a medium sized skillet, coat with vegetable spray. Add margarine.
2. Once hot, add onion, carrots and turnips and sautÃ© on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add rest of the ingredients (except parsley) and mix well.
4. Cook on a medium... - 42.7834
Sweet Turnip And Carrot Pickle
The sweet turnip and carrot pickle is a vegetable pickle. Made with shalgam and gajar, as popularly known in India, the sweet turnip and carrot pickle is a cooked pickle and is flavored with spices like ginger, garlic, cumin and chili peppers along with... - 37.7852
Beef And Turnip Borscht
Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
Add the onion and fry for 7 minutes.
Add the meat and brown on all sides.
Stir in the water, salt, pepper, bay leaf, thyme and garlic.
Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Add the carrot, turnip and... - 39.0599
Cauliflower, Turnip And Carrot Pickle
The cauliflower carrots and turnip pickle is a mixed vegetable pickle recipe. Prepared with spices like ginger, mustard and garlic along with chili pepper amonst others, the cauliflower, carrots and turnip pickle is a cooked pickle and is great with almost... - 43.0034
Ragout Of Lamb With Turnips And Carrots
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
Cut the turnips into chunks (roughly the size of a large egg).
Scrape the carrots and cut each into 2 pieces.
Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven, and brown the chops, 1 or 2 at a time, on both sides.
Remove the chops and saute the... - 41.423
Squash And Turnip Souffle
Preheat oven to 450Â° F.
In work bowl of food processor combine squash, turnips, and margarine and, using an on-off motion, process until pureed; transfer to medium mixing bowl.
Stir in egg yolks, flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the pepper; set aside.
Using... - 36.4546
1. Peel and chop the vegetables. Cook in boiling salted water until soft, about 20 minutes.
2. Drain and mash.
3. Add the breadcrumbs, cream, nutmeg, seasonings and beaten eggs. Mix well.
4. Pour into a well-buttered ovenproof dish, dot with the butter.
5.... - 32.4999
Baked Honeyed Turnip
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Put the turnip in a buttered 2-quart casserole. Mix the broth with the honey and pour over.
3. Cover and bake for 1 hour, or until tender. - 20.338
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the garlic on the bottom of a gratin dish.
Layer with about half the turnip slices.
Sprinkle with half the fines herbes and a dash of salt and pepper.
Scatter a second teaspoon of garlic over the... - 36.5508
Spring Turnip Soup
1. In a large, deep saucepan, pour half olive oil and 1 tablespoon of water and heat it together, add onion and celery, cook for 10 minutes, till vegetables are tender, set aside the leaves from the turnips.
2. Take a knife, and chop the turnips.
3, In... - 44.7798
Pork Loin Roast With Gratin Of Turnips
With the point of a knife, make small incisions in the meat and insert the garlic slivers, adding a few leaves of sage, if desired.
Put into a preheated 325° F. [170° C] oven, and roast for one and a half to two hours, or until done.
Meanwhile, boil the... - 39.1314
Homemade Vegetable Broth
In a large stockpot combine water, tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions, leeks, turnips, bell pepper and zucchini.
Add garlic, parsley, thyme, bay leaves and peppercorns.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat.
Simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours.
Strain... - 35.3159
Shell and devein shrimp, leaving the tail intact.
Spread the tail, and pull out the tendon; then bend shrimp back until straight.
Slice large mussels and scallops into 3 pieces.
Prepare vegetables, and steam for 2 minutes.
Dry seafood and vegetables on... - 37.7443
Pork Hocks With Vegetables
Put hocks in kettle and cover with water.
Add seasonings, cover, and simmer for 2 hours.
Add potatoes and turnips cut into quarters.
Cook for 30 minutes.
Skin hocks and arrange on hot platter with vegetables. - 28.8732
Heat fat in large kettle; saute carrot, onion, celery, and turnip about 5 minutes.
Add stock, tomatoes, potato, and a little seasoning; cover.
Simmer 35 minutes.
Add parsley. - 32.767
1. Heat the fat in a large kettle and saute the carrot, onion, celery, and turnip for about 5 minutes.
2. Add stock or water, tomatoes, potato, and a little seasoning. Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
3. Add parsley and adjust the seasoning - 31.3407
Try out this Shrimp Filling, next time when you wish to have something excitingly different. Granished with pepper, turnips and scallions. This Shrimp Filling is a must try for those who prefer to taste the spicy! - 36.5112
Cut the carrots in 4 lengthwise, then chop.
Dice the turnips, rutabaga and the potatoes, all about the same size.
Set aside the potatoes in water to avoid blackening.
Cook the bacon and the onion in a large saucepan, over low heat, for 5 minutes.
Add the... - 47.351
1. Combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, mace, mustard and paprika in a jar with a tight lid; shake well to mix; pour dressing over turnip in a medium-size bowl; cover; chill 1 hour to season.
2. Pare the pears; quarter, core and dice. Toss with lemon juice... - 27.5181
Fresh Vegetable Pasta Salad
1 For dressing, in a blender container or food processor bowl, combine the parsley sprigs, salad oil, wine vinegar, water, garlic cloves, dry mustard, salt, and black pepper. Cover and blend or process until
combined; set aside.
2 In a large saucepan cook the... - 31.2311
A Country Soup From Poitou
1. Clean the onion, carrots, turnips, leek, celery and potatoes
2. Slice the onion, carrots, turnips, leek, celery and potatoes till they are all of an equal size. This is called as paysanne
3. Thinly shred the cabbage
4. Slice the green... - 36.3159
WASH the rice and add to rapidly boiling salted water.
Clean and pare the vegetables, cut them in small pieces and add to the rice.
Boil together for five or ten minutes, adding more water if necessary, then cover the pan and simmer the mixture gently until... - 32.4275
Bulghur And Mushroom Soup
1. In a large Dutch oven, heat the bulghur while stirring until it browns slightly. Slowly add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 50 minutes, or until the bulghur is tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet and saute the... - 27.1535
Lentil, Rice, And Tofu Soup
1. Wash the lentils and put them in a large kettle or Dutch oven. Add the rice and water, bring to a boil, and cook until the rice and lentils are tender, about 50 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet and saut6 the onion until tender but not... - 28.574
Dredge oxtail and kidney in flour, and brown slowly in fat until all sides are colored.
Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, bouillon cube, tomatoes and bay leaves.
Cover, and simmer 45 minutes; then add onions, celery and turnip.
Cook 30 minutes longer or until... - 36.364
Casserole Of Lamb With Vegetables
Cut lamb in 1-inch cubes.
Combine seasonings and flour.
Toss well with lamb cubes.
Heat shortening in frying pan.
Add lamb, and cook until light brown, stirring 2 or 3 times.
Add onion, and cook until golden, stirring occasionally.
Turn into 2-quart... - 34.9074