- » Homemade Stew
Homemade Stew Recipes
Enjoy our collection of homemade stew recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for homemade stew recipes.
Sweet Potato Stew With Swiss Chard
Delicious served with Tofu Bites, fried Tempeh or Jasmine Rice. Also wonderful served with a side of cornbread. For the printed recipe visit delicioustv.com - 122.072
How To Make A Thick Beef Stew With Dumplings
When it comes to experimenting with soups and stews, the possibilities are endless. This thick beef stew comes with yummy dumplings that not only adds more flavor to the dish, but boosts its texture too. A great way to experiment with this old-time favorite. - 113.097
1. If frozen fish is being used, thaw fish and remove the skin.
2. In a saucepan mix together fish, water, parsley, garlic, and the 1-teaspoon salt; bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 3 minutes or till... - 47.6364
Put the mussels into a large frying pan with the wine.
Cover the pan and cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
Transfer the mussels to a deep serving dish, discarding any that have not opened, and keep warm.
Strain the cooking liquid.
Melt the butter in a... - 45.7483
In 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish cook whiting, water, parsley, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, covered, at MEDIUM HIGH (7) for 6 to 8 minutes or till fish flakes easily.
Strain stock from fish and reserve.
Carefully remove and discard bones... - 45.3419
1) In a large non-stick pan heat oil and brown beef and pork.
2) Put the meat in slow cooker.
3) In the same pan, heat ½ cup of water and stir to remove the browned bits.
4) Pour the bits over the meat, and add carrots, beet, celery,... - 44.8639
Hunter 's Stew
Cut the meat into chunks.
Dice the bacon.
Peel and finely chop the onions.
Clean the mushrooms.
Peel and slice the potatoes and carrots.
Melt the margarine in a flameproof casserole.
Add the bacon and fry until it renders its fat.
Add the meat and onions and... - 44.5847
Mussel Stew is a perfect and well flavored side dish for a seafood themed dinner spread. This simple dish can be prepared quiet easily by following this fantastic and simple Mussel Stew recipe. - 43.5276
Old Fashioned Oxtail Stew
Salt and pepper the oxtails.
Melt half of the butter in a deep, nonreactive and ovenproof pot and add the oxtails, carrots and onions.
When the meat and vegetables are lightly browned in 20 to 30 minutes pour the eau de vie or other brandy into the pot and... - 43.3434
1) Place over heat a double boiler and let the water in it boil.
2) Mince the scallops.
3) In the top part, place cream, butter or margarine, sugar, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and milk.
4) Add scallops to the milk mixture.
5) Stir the mixtures and... - 41.731
Hearty Shamrock Stew
Hearty Shamrock Stew reheats pretty well and are even great the next day. Everything in this Hearty Shamrock Stew works towards rendering it, its great flavor. Check it out! - 41.304
1) Boil the beetroot and peel and dice.
2) Add beef to cold water and boil and skim.
3) Allow to simmer for 2 hours.
4) Keeping aside the cabbage, add in the prepared vegetables and simmer for another hour.
5) Mix in the shredded cabbage... - 40.5963
Newfoundland Fisherman's Stew
Put successive layers of potatoes, leeks, celery greens, seasoning and pork in clay baker.
Cover with boiling water.
Close and bake 1/2 hour.
Remove clay baker from oven (be careful of steam), lower oven temperature.
Add pieces of fish.
Stir in hot... - 40.0383
Fry bacon in 4-quart Dutch oven until crisp.
Remove bacon with slotted spoon; crumble and reserve.
Remove all but 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
Cook and stir onion and garlic in bacon fat until onion is tender.
Stir in tomatoes (with liquid), parsley,... - 39.6963
Italian Rolls have never tasted so good without this utterly delicious Panamanian Stew ! What's more ! You can cook the Panamanian Stew with Italian Rolls in a few minutes for your family for dinner while they wait eagerly ! - 38.1375
Basic Brown Or White Stew
Cut the meat in pieces, removing as much fat as possible.
Prepare and slice or dice the vegetables.
Put the flour in a paper or polythene bag and shake the meat in it until well coated.
Heat the fat or oil and fry the meat brown; add the vegetables and fry... - 37.1825
Old Fashioned Kidney Stew
1. Wash the kidneys, split and remove membranes, white fatty cores and veins. Rinse thoroughly. Cut in 1/2-inch pieces. Cover with 2 cups of cold water, add 1/2 teaspoon salt and the lemon juice. Soak 30 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
2. Put into a... - 34.6202
Native Codfish Stew
Wash and soak codfish in water overnight.
Drain; separate into small pieces removing bones and skin.
Brown garlic in shortening and remove from pan.
Add codfish and cook for a few minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. - 34.3429
Old Fashioned Okra Stew
Combine all ingredients except rice in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours, stirring frequently.
Remove bay-leaf and discard.
Remove ham hock from stew.
Remove meat from the bone and chop.
Add meat to stew; stir... - 33.385
1. Scrub the mussels well, rinse through several clean waters. Cover them with cold water, add 1 teaspoon salt; soak 20 minutes.
2. Drain mussels and place in a heavy kettle with the onion, pepper, oil, wine, bay leaf and peppercorns. Cover the kettle, set it... - 32.9127
Calf 's Feet Stew
Put all the ingredients into a deep pot.
Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover tightly and simmer until the meat comes away from the bones about four hours.
Stir occasionally, adding water if necessary. - 32.4741
Halibut Stew With Cucumbers
Halibut Stew With Cucumbers is a lovely fish preparation that is both filling and yummy. I served this for an informal get together for dinner and everyone loved it. Try the Halibut Stew With Cucumbers at home and you will understand why! - 29.5507
Old Fashioned Stew
I have served this brilliant Old Fashioned Stew to plenty and there is not one soul who has not been ravished by its addictive flavors. Here is an authentic and classic Old Fashioned Stew recipe that you can use! I don't think it would be wise to miss out on... - 28.7784
Homemade Stew Recipes By Category