- » Homemade Roux
Homemade Roux Recipes
Enjoy our collection of homemade roux recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for homemade roux recipes.
This is a simple homemade roux recipe that can be used for soups, gumbos and gravy for thickening. Made with all purpose flour, this flavorless roux is suited for any dish of choice and is quite the dish-saver! - 24.9435
Pere Roux's Cake
1. make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350° Butter two 9-inch round cake pans. Line the bottoms with rounds of wax paper and butter the paper. Dust the pans with flour, tapping out the excess.
2. In the bowl of a standing electric mixer fitted with a paddle,... - 38.2057
Homemade Veloute Sauce
You can now try your own Veloute Sauce at home with easy guidance from Chef Keith Snow. This French style sauce has a smooth texture which makes it different. It can be used for other sauces or served as accompaniment. Get started to make this quick recipe at... - 90.3606
Sapo's Homemade Pompanadas
1. Wash and fine chop the green pepper, onion and celery and keep it aside.
2. Cut the pompanos fillet into small pieces and keep it aside.
3. Preheat the oven at 350 degree, before making the pompanadas.
4. In pan melt butter add flour... - 0
Homemade Kentucky Hot Brown
Here in this video the chef tries to replicate the hot brown which you originally get at the Brown Hotel in Louisville Kentucky. Perfectly made and well presented, but clear vocal ingredients and directions could have helped follow the video better. - 92.9778
Homemade Oyster Stew
In top of double boiler, melt butter.
Saute onions slowly until soft, but not browned.
Add flour and make a roux; do not brown.
Add milk and heat slowly, stirring with rubber spatula until well-blended.
Do not boil.
Place pan over slowly boiling water.
Add... - 38.5565
Homemade Chicken Gumbo
Reserve chicken neck and giblets for other uses, if desired.
Rinse chicken, pat dry, and set aside.
In a wide, heavy ovenproof frying pan, cook sausage over medium-high heat until browned.
Lift out and set aside, leaving drippings in pan.
Add chicken, a... - 45.3277
Homemade Red Chile Sauce
1 Melt lard in a saucepan over low heat. Add the flour and stir until well mixed and slightly browned.
2 Add the smaller amount of chile to the bouillon or water, either when trying a new batch of chile or when preparing this recipe for the first time. Taste,... - 35.6824
Homemade Mushroom Soup
1. Using a knife, peel the skin off the mushrooms. Cut very thinly or chop finely. Slice and chop the onion very finely.
2. Heat a saucepan and melt margarine; sautÃ© the vegetables with out browning until they turn tender for about 5... - 40.1316
Homemade Mac And Cheese
Mac and Cheese is an all-time favorite. It is one of the most ordered dishes at any diner. The best part about making your own homemade Mac and cheese is that you can make it exactly the way you like it. Ronnie Woo shows his way of making Mac and Cheese and... - 137.6
Homemade Mac & Cheese With Broccoli
One way to get your kids to eat their veggies is to mix them in with the ever popular and super delicious Mac & Cheese. Add extra flavor and nutrition to a family favorite. And, it's easier than you think to do it yourself from scratch, follow along... - 125.476
1) In a bowl, soak morilles in milk to cover for 1 hour.
2) Strain and squeeze the mushrooms and reserve milk, including residue, in a separate bowl.
3) Cautiously, pour off half the liquid, including residue and set aside.
4) Chop the mushrooms... - 43.9996
Gardener's Wife Fricassee Of Chicken
Put the cleaned, sliced and washed chicken in enough water to cover and then put to cook.
Also add the washed and chopped mixed vegetables, celery and salt.
When it boils, remove scum with a straining spoon, add the small onion and add the cauliflower broken... - 39.763
1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the chicken broth, peas, lettuce, scallions and parsley. Bring to a boil over moderate heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree the soup in batches until very... - 36.01
La Soupe Al Oignon
1. Clean and peel the onions
2. Slice them into very fine slices
3. Slice the French bread
4. Rub the slices with a clove of garlic
5. Chop the bread into croutons and toast them
6. In a large pan, heat the butter
7. Add the onions and... - 47.2672
Boil until chicken is tender and can be pulled off bone.
Strain off 8 cups of chicken stock.
Make butter roux by melting butter, then adding flour.
Bring chicken stock to a very low boil, then slowly add roux.
Simmer 15 minutes or less until soup takes on a... - 38.326
Gently simmer the pipis in the fish stock until they open.
Take the pipis out of the shells and set aside.
Melt the butter in a saucepan and blend in the flour to make a roux.
Place the roux in the work bowl and while processing add the hot stock.
Work until... - 37.4823
Shrimp And Artichoke Soup
1. In a pot heat the butter and oil. When the butter melts, add the flour and mix well together to form a roux.
2. Pour in the milk slowly to the roux. Stir the mix to avoid having lumps in the roux.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add in the... - 89.8055
Coq Au Vin
Wash chicken; drain.
Shake pieces, a few at a time, in mixture of flour, salt, and pepper in a paper bag to coat well.
Heat butter or margarine in large heavy skillet and brown chicken.
Add diced ham, onions, parsley, and seasonings.
Stir until all are... - 43.3669
Making chicken gravy isn't a mystery, I will show you how to make chicken gravy. One of the great benefits in baking a chicken is having pan drippings to make a fabulous gravy with. It isn't hard to make gravy, I will show you how to make chicken gravy. - 110.042
Smoked Turkey Gumbo
First, you make a dark roux about the color of a Hershey bar.
Add onions and bell pepper.
After onions are clear, add parsley and green onions and cook for a few minutes.
Add a bit of cold water and stir to make a thick liquid.
Add garlic and celery... - 45.7138
Four Thieves Sauce (sauce Des Quatre Voleurs
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add flour and, stirring constantly with a whisk, make a lightly browned roux.
Continue to stir rapidly with a whisk while gradually adding broth.
When all the broth is added, boil 4 minutes to reduce the... - 34.034
Make a light roux with lard and flour, dilute with meat stock, beat well with whisk until smooth, add capers and sour cream, then flavour with salt, sugar and vinegar, mix again well until smooth, and cook for a few mins. - 23.5107
Put the two eggs into a small dish, mix it with a teaspoonful of water and 1 oz. of flour and some more water to make a thin batter, and salt.
Make a light brown roux with the fat and 3 oz. flour.
Put the finely chopped parsley and paprika into it and fill up... - 28.8298
Potato Cheese Soup
Cook vegetables together with 4 cups water and 2 chicken bouillon cubes until tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Drain water off vegetables and save the water.
Make a roux of margarine and flour.
Use this to thicken vegetable water.
Add milk and cheese.
Cook... - 38.3722
Cauliflower In Aurora Sauce
1) In a sauce pan, melt butter and cook flour in it for 2 minutes over low heat to make a paste (roux).
2) Simmer the mixture to a thick sauce after adding in broth and seasonings.
3) Beat in cream and tomato paste.
4) In the meantime, steam... - 38.5852
Shrimp Etouffee Over Rice
Simple and quick is the mantra! This etouffee is packed with flavor and heat. Hardly a meal its really light. Watch Ken make this delicious etouffee in this video - 112.205
Mix the dry ingredients for the stuffing and bind with the beaten egg.
Spread the slices of beef with the stuffing, roll them up and tie with cotton orfine string.
Heat the oil in the uncovered pressure cooker and fry the beef olives until they are well... - 46.9591
Heat bacon grease and cook green pepper slowly until tender.
Add onions and celery, and cook until tender and brown, stirring.
Add flour and blend.
Remove from heat.
In a separate pot cook okra until no longer stringy and brown at edges.
Drain tomatoes... - 40.8758
Line a buttered jelly-roll pan, 15 1/2 by 10 1/2 by 1 inches, with wax paper, butter the paper, and dust it with flour, knocking out the excess.
In a saucepan melt the butter, add the flour, and cook the roux over moderately low heat, stirring, for 3... - 29.1919
Antoine's Shrimp Mariniere
Shell shrimp and remove the black vein.
Combine wine, shallots (or onion), and oyster water; bring to the boiling point and add shrimp.
Simmer 15 minutes.
Melt the butter and blend in the flour making a thick roux.
Add 3/4 cup of stock the shrimp have been... - 44.2876
Daube And Spaghetti
1. Salt and pepper the roast well and brown it a little in oil in a deep skillet till it is a rich brown colour; remove and set aside
2. In a saucepan, make roux with flour and oil; when golden brown, add chopped onion, green onions and garlic and stir... - 34.9361
In a heavy five- to six-quart pot, melt butter over low heat.
Gradually add flour, stirring constantly.
Cook over low heat until mixture forms a roux, medium brown in color (about fifteen to twenty minutes).
Quickly add the onion, bell pepper, celery, and... - 37.8434
Turkey Bone Gumbo
After the turkey has been carved, put bones in plenty of water and boil slowly about 1 1/2 hours or until remaining meat falls off the bone.
Make a roux of bacon drippings and flour.
Add onions, garlic, bell pepper, celery and cook until wilted.
Add hot... - 44.5983
Drain oysters, and reserve the juice.
Examine oysters, and discard any bits of shell.
Return oysters to the juice, and heat until the edges curl.
Drain the juice into a saucepan.
Chop oysters coarsely, and set aside.
Add the next 5 ingredients to the oyster... - 42.1248
In a 2 quart heavy saucepan combine flour and cooking oil.
Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture starts to brown; reduce heat to medium-low.
Cook, stirring constantly, about 30 minutes total or till a dark reddish-brown roux is formed.
Stir in green... - 38.2585
1. Make a roux (the flavor base for so many Creole dishes) by melting butter or margarine in a heavy kettle; stir in the flour. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat, until the flour turns a rich brown, about 15 minutes.
2. Stir in onion and garlic. Cook,... - 33.968
While spring is here, March can still be a chilly month and a hearty meal is always welcome. Chef John Maxwell has a tasty recipe for fresh spring spinach and meatballs to tease your tastebuds. - 109.908
Fireside Chicken-vegetable Stew
Wash chicken, wipe and cut in serving pieces.
Run cut surface of lemon over meat surfaces.
Saute' legs, wings and breast sections slowly on both sides in melted butter or margarine until golden, watching that butter doesn't burn.
Add remaining chicken pieces,... - 42.4502
Delicious Alligator Soup
The coldest days of the year calls for yummy soup. However, if you are an adventurous eater, then you probably won't mind slurping down a bowl of alligator soup. Yes, you heard it right. Ryan Karcher shows you how to whomp up a quick bowl of alligator soup... - 108.181
Betty's Pounded Round Steak With Onion Mushroom Gravy
1. On a cutting board, place each piece of round steak and cover with a thick plastic wrap.
2. Pound with a meat mallet until about 3/8-inch thick and well-tenderized.
3. Grind sea salt over both sides of the pounded steak.
4. In a... - 0
Leek And Bacon Hot Pot
1. Put the potatoes into a large ovenproof glass bowl with 60 ml (4 tbsp) water, three-quarters cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 8-10 minutes until the potatoes are tender but not mushy; drain them well.
2. Put the sliced leeks into a large... - 37.0236
Cream Of Coconut Soup
Saute onion in butter until soft.
Add flour to make a roux and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a 2-quart saucepan, heat stock to boiling.
Add a little hot stock to the roux; blend and add to stock.
Add 2 tablespoons coconut milk to heated stock; cover and... - 33.1532
Turkey Drumstick Gravy
In a large saucepan, combine drumsticks, cold water, and quartered onion. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour. Pour stock through fine-mesh strainer; discard drumsticks and onion. In a medium saucepan, melt butter... - 29.4153
You can make your own homemade turkey gravy, it is easy to do. You just need some turkey pan drippings, broth, flour, and some milk or heavy cream. Don't buy gravy in a jar, make your own. - 107.387
Place margarine in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add flour slowly to make a roux.
Stir vigorously until mixture is lightly browned.
Add broth, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and smooth.
Add wine, yogurt, lemon rind and pepper, stirring until... - 29.1405
In a small saucepan cook the onion in the butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until it is softened, stir in the flour, and cook the roux, stirring, for 3 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the milk, scalded, in a stream, whisking vigorously... - 35.1547
Beef Bourguignon Flambe
1. Place the meat in a large non-metallic dish.
2. Add the herbs, garlic, chopped carrot and onions and peppercorns.
3. Add the wine and grappa and mix.
4. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight, stirring the meat occasionally if you can.
5.... - 44.6593