- » Homemade Rice
Homemade Rice Recipes
Homemade rice is served as both main and side dishes in many countries. It is cooked with long-grained rice preferably basmati rice and is prepared by boiling.
Popular Homemade Rice Variations
Broadly ... More »
Raw Fried And Spanish Rice
All you veggie lovers out there. You have come to the right place. Check out the video of the yummy and delicious Raw Fried and Spanish Rice. Chef Darlene has done a fabulous job in preparing this recipe. A rice which is raw, isn't that exciting? - 79.4005
There are so many rice dishes, but it is never enough when it comes to experimenting with rice. In this video Jameela makes her favorite chickpea rice. Its looks quite simple and nice and you would love its rustic flavors. - 71.3738
Using Left-over Rice
Got a potful of rice left from last night feast and wondering what to do? Simple. Rice is the most versatile food and the extent up to which you can experiment with them is endless. This video recipe just presents yummy ways to use up your leftover rice.... - 68.8061
Rainbow Rice - Part 1: Preparation
There is more to any food than just flavor and taste — it has to be appealing to the eyes too. Chef Alan whomps up a delectable, flavorful and colorful rice dish that is sure to add loads of cheer to your fare. What’s more, this eye-catching dish is one... - 56.2013
1. In a shallow dish, marinate tofu in Black Magic Sauce for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a hot wok or skillet, add the remaining sauce and oil.
3. When the oil and sauce mixture begins to steam vigorously, add the marinated tofu, cabbage,... - 49.9786
La Bamba Rice
1. In a large heavy pot, heat oil over low heat.
2. Stir in onion and cook for about 10 minutes until wilted.
3. Stir in garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add chorizos and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Stir in rice and cook for 3 minutes with... - 49.6759
1. Thoroughly wash the rice in cold water until the water runs clean. Drain the rice and keep aside.
2. In a large stock pot or heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter or ghee on a medium flame.
3. When fat is hot, add the cumin,... - 48.1709
Put the butter in the pressure cooker and heat gently so that it melts and greases the base.
Pour in the milk, bring it to the boil in the uncovered cooker, then stir in the rice and sugar.
Stir well and bring to the boil, then lower the heat until it... - 47.6527
1) Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
2) Heat over medium flame till hot.
3) Add in the rice and cook till it browns lightly.
4) Take the skillet off the flame. Add in apple juice and mix into the rice.
5) Let the mixture boil. Cover and turn... - 47.6494
This is a rice mold with a meatball and vegetable filling, originally from Naples, Italy. This recipe however has been tweaked a bit using Asian flavors as well. - 47.0903
Yellow Squash Rice Pilau
1) Preheat the oven to 250°F and toast the sunflower seeds to a pale golden brown.
2) In a saucepan, add the squash slices and pour boiling water enough to cover them.
3) After 2 minutes remove the saucepan off the flame and drain off... - 46.9906
1. Take 2-quart saucepan, add water, salt and rice and boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 25 minutes.
3. Take from heat and keep aside.
4. Take a 10-inch skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat, add garlic, celery and onion and cook... - 46.8158
1. Fry bacon until it become crispy fried.
2. Drain oil thoroughly and set the fried bacons aside.
3. Fry onion, garlic, pepper in bacon oil until onions get transparent and tender by cooking.
4. Drain the oil carefully and add the mix with bacon.
5.... - 46.5298
Rice With Spice
Drain and keep warm.
Fry potato halves.
Fry onions brown.
Add whole spices and fry.
Add meat, turmeric and chilli powders, salt, garlic-ginger paste and fry well.
Add chopped tomatoes with a little water and cook till... - 46.2876
Rice Al Imperatrice
1) In a bowl, soak the candied fruit (mixed peels) in kirsch (or any liqueur or rum or brandy).
2) In a bowl, stir the gelatin in cold water, until softened.
3) In a bowl, cover the rice with the boiling water, allow to stand for 5 minutes,... - 45.4911
In a large skillet over low heat melt margarine.
Saute for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
Add water, apple and lemon juice, brown sugar and salt; mix well.
Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Stir in rice, raisins and cinnamon; cover and reduce... - 45.364
Prepare the Peach Sauce. Place the peaches, brandy, cream and almond extract in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
In a small bowl, combine the raisins with the brandy; stir in the gelatin and set aside to soften.
Bring 3 quarts of water to a... - 44.786
1. Take a small bowl and soak currants in warm water and cover till rice is cooked.
2. Take a 3-quart saucepan, add French onion soup, butter and beef broth.
3. Add wild and brown rice mix with uncooked long grain rice and seasoning packet and bring... - 44.6118
Rice And Sweetcorn
1) In a saucepan add rice and salt with three-quarters of the water.
2) Cook covered in simmering heat for 15 minutes till water is dried.
3) Keep the rice aside in a plate.
4) Mix the ingredients for marinade and add pinch of pepper.
5)... - 44.4752
Rice With Whole Spices
Peel onion and slice into fine rounds.
Halve the rounds.
Heat the oil in a 3-quart heavy-bottomed pot (with tight-fitting lid—to be used later) over medium heat, put in the onions, and fry, stirring, until they are brown and crisp (but not burned)—about 8... - 44.3363
1) Slice the bacon into fine cubes.
2) Fry the diced bacon along with garlic and onion.
3) Stir in tomatoes and then heat gently until the most of the moisture has evaporated.
4) Add in rice, mixing well.
5) Pour in chicken stock, tomato... - 44.3194
Braised Veal And Rice
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°.
2) In a heavy 10-inch skillet, heat the lard over high heat until a light haze forms over it, then adds the salt pork.
3) When the pork is browned on all sides, remove it with a slotted spoon to drain on a thick... - 44.0148
Texan Three Ring Rice
Cut the red pepper into strips and arrange at intervals in the bottom of a ring mould.
Combine rice and half the melted butter, spoon into mould over pepper.
Chop onions, green pepper and mince or crush the garlic; fry in the remaining butter until... - 43.9759
1) Drain the mushrooms and reserve the liquid.
2) In a skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter for 2 to 3 minutes.
3) Stir in sherry and seasonings, simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the rice, pour in the reserved mushroom liquid and... - 43.9448
St Paul's Rice
Cook sausage in skillet, stirring through and cutting up to break into small bits.
Drain off excess grease.
Saute onion, pepper and celery.
Mix the soup in water.
Add rice and cook for seven minutes.
Mix all ingredients together and put in a... - 43.7884
Wash the rice and soak in cold water for 15-20 minutes, then drain.
Heat the ghee or oil in a heavy pan over a low heat.
Add the nuts and saute, stirring constantly until golden brown.
Remove from the oil.
Increase the heat to medium, add the cumin seeds,... - 43.5963
In large saucepan, melt butter; cook onions until softened.
Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in rice, spinach, tomatoes, stock, salt, basil, and pepper to taste.
Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat; cover and... - 43.5645
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Mix together the courgettes, peppers, tomatoes and onions and place in the oil.
3. Fry the mixture over a high heat for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Season with salt, pepper and marjoram.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 5... - 43.4692
Shades Of Autumn Rice
1.In a slow cooker, put brown rice, apple juice, broth, apple, raisins, walnuts, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
2.Put the lid on and place the cooker on LOW heat for 4-5 hrs.
3.Once the rice is cooked well, remove the cooker from... - 43.4164
Ruby Rice Crown
1. In a medium saucepan, cook rice in plenty of water for five minutes; drain well
2. On a double boiler, scald the milk, add salt and drained rice and cook over simmering water for an hour till the rice is very soft
3. Add a cup and a half of sugar,... - 43.236
1. Wash mushrooms. Soak in 3 cups warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with drop-lid, flat pan lid, or saucer. Drain, reserving soaking water. Discard stems and cut caps into slices 1/4 inch (3/4 cm) wide.
2.... - 43.0714
Rice A Limperatrice
Heat milk to boiling in a small, heavy saucepan, stir in rice, cover, and simmer over lowest heat, stirring now and then, 20-30 minutes until rice is just tender.
Fluff rice with a fork and cool.
Meanwhile, make the custard: Sprinkle gelatin over milk, let... - 42.7651
Wash the rice until the water runs clear, drain and set aside.
Melt the butter and oil in a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat, add the mustard seeds, dried red chillies, curry leaves, ginger, garlic and salt and fry for about 2 minutes.
Add the rice and... - 42.5113
1. Slice unpeeled aubergine in 1-cm/ 1/2-inch slices, sprinkle with salt and stand for 30 minutes. Rinse, drain and dry.
2. Saute in four tablespoons of the oil until lightly browned and tender. Drain on kitchen paper.
3. Slice two tomatoes and keep on one... - 41.9923
Rice With Spinach
Wash rice thoroughly in colander.
Invert into large bowl, and cover with cold water and 1 teaspoon of the salt.
Leave for 2 hours.
Fill a 4-6-quart pot with water.
Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
If you are using fresh spinach, trim and wash... - 41.9613
Andouille Fried Rice
Got some left over rice? Then make a bayou rice southern style, which has flavors of the sausage, peppers and some shallots! An easy recipe video shared! - 41.9599
Ruby Rice Crown
Cook rice in a large amount of boiling water 5 minutes in a medium size saucepan; drain.
Scald milk in the top of a double boiler over simmering water; stir in salt and drained rice.
Cook, covered, over simmering water, 1 hour, or until rice is very... - 41.6858
Scallop Saute Over Rice
1) In a 10-inch skillet, saute the mushrooms, scallions, and garlic in the margarine for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
2) Stir in the scallops and saute for 2 minutes.
3) Stir in the sherry, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper, then bring... - 41.2562
Yellow Turmeric Rice
1) In a large saucepan, stir butter until melted over moderate-low heat.
2) Now add the onion and cook, mixing once in a while until the onion start to brown.
3) Add the cardamom and cook further for 1-2 minutes, mixing once in a while.
4) Now add the... - 40.9951
1) In a pan, lightly saute the onion in 1 tablespoon of the butter, until brown.
2) Stir in the rice and saute until thoroughly coated.
3) Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
4) Pour in the consomme, bring to boil and simmer, covered, until the... - 40.8264
St Paul S Rice
Cook sausage in skillet, stirring through and cutting up to break into small bits.
Drain off excess grease.
Saute onion, pepper and celery.
Mix the soup in water.
Add rice and cook for seven minutes.
Mix all ingredients together and put in a... - 40.0506
Wash the rice, drain and set aside.
Melt the butter with the oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the white cumin seeds, cloves, peppercorns, cardamoms and bay leaves and fry over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
Add the salt and rice to the saucepan and stir-fry... - 40.0029
1) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and sautÃ© beef, mushrooms and onions for 5 minutes.
2) Add the rice, soy sauce, sesame seeds, chilli peppers, broth and salt.
3) Cover and bring to boil over high heat, stirring few times.
4) Simmer and cook for 25... - 39.9925
Brussels Sprouts And Rice
1) Take a saucepan and make a blend with soup, milk, salt, and butter.
2) Allow it to boil and add rice.
3) Simmer for 10-15 minutes in low heat and then stir in brussels sprouts.
4) Cook until tender.
5) Garnish and serve. - 39.9762
1. In a pan of salted water boil rice for 12 minutes.
2. Then drain pouring into colander, then rinse and drain again.
3. Over a pan of simmering water, place colander and steam until dry.
4. Removing the skin from sausage cut into 8 slices.
5. In... - 39.8582
Minted Rice Mold
Lightly oil a 25 cm/10 inch ring-mould and line it with the blanched lettuce leaves.
Sprinkle the paprika over the lettuce evenly.
Mix together the rice, eggs, cream and mint and beat well to combine.
Season to taste, then spoon the mixture into the mould and... - 39.331
1) Using bulb-type baster skim broth. Alternately chill mixture till fat floats on top and whisk it away.
2) In a saucepan mix all ingredients and boil.
3) Cook covered on low heat stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
4) Serve hot. - 38.984
Aval Vilayichathu Puffed Rice In Jaggery
1. Heat ghee in a pan. Lightly fry coconut slivers, sesame seeds and roasted gram. Set aside.
2. Dissolve jaggery in 3 cups water. Heat over low flame to make 6 cups syrup. Strain.
3. Bring this syrup to boil in a heavy vessel. Add grated coconut and cook... - 38.6995
In a large microproof casserole, saute onion in the first amount of butter 2 minutes on HIGH.
Add rice, lettuce, mushrooms, tomato, sausage, salt, garlic, pepper and chicken stock.
Cover and cook on HIGH 10 minutes to boil, then reduce power level to 30% and... - 38.6824
Wash the rice gently under running water, taking care not to crush the grains, until the water runs clear.
Leave the rice to drain in a colander for about 1 hour.
Put in a saucepan with the water and kelp and bring to the boil over high heat.
Reduce to medium... - 38.654
1) Chop celery and onion as fine as grains of rice.
2) In a saucepan mix all ingredients and simmer covered for 2 minutes.
3) Take off pan from heat and keep aside for 5 minutes till serving.
4) Serve hot. - 38.6
1) In skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in oil for a few minutes.
2) Stir in rest of the ingredients, and cook, covered over a low heat for about 25 to 35 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed.
3) Serve the Rice Valencia,... - 38.5422
Smoked Whitefish And Rice
Split whitefish and remove bones and skin.
Flake fish with fork.
Melt butter and stir in remaining ingredients.
Add fish and mix lightly with fork.
Makes 4 servings. - 38.5317
1) Preheat the oven to 300° F.
1) In an iron skillet, melt the butter, then gently stir in the rice and stir coninuously, until brown.
2) In a casserole or pot, mix the browned rice and rest of the ingredients together.
3) Cover with... - 38.0822
Puree Of Rice
1) In a pot, saute the onion in butter, until golden.
2) Stir in the carrot, rice and bouillon; bring to a boil.
3) Then simmer over a low heat for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the rice is very soft.
4) In a blender, whirl the rice and vegetables, until... - 38.0228
1.In a pot, cook rice in white stock for 1 1/2 hour, then add salt and butter or other fat and cook slowly 20 minutes more
2.Beat the yolks of the eggs with the cream or milk and stir in
3.Grease a border mold, pack the rice firmly into it
4.Let it... - 37.1732
1. Add the rice to the colander and wash it until the water turns clear this will take about 2 minutes of time.
2. Add rice in rice cooker or pot along with cold water and soak it for about an hour.
3. Turn the heat to high and boil the rice.
4.... - 37.0544
Rice With Bamboo Shoots
1) Remove 2-3 outer layers of the shoot and trim 1 inch tip; make a deep cut vertically on the shoot towards its center.
2) In water from washing rice submerge the shoots and allow to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 40-50 min until... - 36.4851
1. Boil the rice.
2. Heat fat and fry the cashewnuts to a golden brown. Remove and drain. Fry curry leaves. Remove.
3. In the same fat, fry cleaned gingelly seeds, red chillies, asafoetida and split black gram.
4. Remove and grind to a powder.
5. Mix the... - 36.3639
Chris S Bhanoo Rice
Melt butter in a large skillet or Dutch oven.
Stir in rice and seasonings and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 to 8 minutes or until rice is golden.
Add water and cover.
Reduce heat to low and cook until all water is absorbed (10 to 20 minutes).
Mix in choice... - 35.7163
In skillet brown the meat in butter.(Electric skillet 350°.)
Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup syrup.
Add pineapple, reserved syrup, rice, peas, and dillweed to skillet.
Cover the skillet-reduce heat (220°) and simmer till peas are tender, 4 to 5... - 35.4939
Cook rice in broth with salt until rice is tender and broth is absorbed.
Saute onion in margarine until limp.
Mix in other ingredients while rice is still hot.
Or place them in separate bowls or divided dishes, and let guests add their own condiments to rice,... - 35.0152
Chops With Amber Rice
In a skillet brown pork chops on both sides.
Season with salt and pepper.
Place uncooked rice in a 10 x 12-inch baking dish.
Combine orange juice, water, and the 1/2 teaspoon salt; pour over rice.
Arrange browned chops on top.
Spread soup over all.
Cover and... - 34.9983
Luncheon Rice Molds
Cook the rice until tender, see Boiled White Rice.
Then stir in mustard.
Press into 4 buttered custard cups, set in a baking pan of hot water, and simmer 10 min on top of the range.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a double boiler.
Stir in the flour; add milk,... - 34.6199
1. In a pan heat corn oil, add rice and saute until golden.
2. Then empty the contents of the packet of soup and water, bring to the boil with frequent stirring, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Stirring in diced ham and mushrooms continue cooking... - 33.8276
Minted Rice Stuffed Tomatoes
Peel tomatoes, if desired, and remove stems.
Cut a thin slice from the top of each tomato, chop, and set aside.
Scoop out pulp and seeds (reserve for other uses); invert shells to drain. In a bowl, mix together chopped tomato, rice, raisins, green pepper,... - 33.517
Puerto Rican Soupy Rice
1. In a bowl, mix the olives, oregano, lime zest, 3 tablespoons of the cilantro, 1 teaspoon of garlic, 2 teaspoons of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Stir in 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the chicken and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes.
2. In a large... - 33.0327
Rice Crispy Cookies
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In mixing bowl combine sugar, margarine, and vanilla and mix until creamy; add egg and beat well.
Blend in sifted flour, then fold in cereal until just combined (do not overmix or beat).
Onto nonstick cookie sheet drop batter by... - 32.9601
1. In a large saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over moderately high heat. Stir in the onion and rice and saute for 5 minutes or until the onion is browned, then add the seasonings and stock. Lower the heat, cover tightly, and simmer for 20 minutes or... - 32.8251
1. In a bowl add ingredients like uncooked regular rice, butter, beef consomme and undiluted water and spread it on a 3-quart casserole.
2. Bake the mixture at 350 for about 1 hour.
3. Serve the dish after garnishing with parsley. - 32.5919
Buttered Converted Rice
1) In a slow cooker, put together converted rice, water, salt and butter.
2) Simmer for 6 to 8 hours or until all the water is absorbed.
3) Stir the rice few times during cooking, to avoid drying of the surface and even cooking of rice.
4)... - 32.5861
1. In a deep, two quart casserole with lid, mix hot water, butter/margarine and salt; cover and microwave for five minutes
2. Add rice to it, cover and Microwave at MEDIUM LOW for twenty minutes until tender, strring at half time; let stand for five... - 32.376
Ring Mold Of Rice
Boil 3 pints of water and 2 teaspoons salt in a large pot; add 1 lb. of rice, stir with a wooden spoon and continue cooking uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes or until just tender.
Strain and rinse in cold water.
Grease a ring mould.
Fill the mould.
Place in the... - 32.0943
1. In a medium saucepan melt margarine or butter; add uncooked brown rice. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Carefully add broth, water, and cardamom. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes. Stir in uncooked white rice, apricots and/or raisins,... - 32.0694
South Of The Border Rice
In glass baking dish, cook bacon, on high (9) for 5 minutes or until cooked.
Drain and reserve drippings.
In glass bowl, combine bacon drippings, water, tomatoes and Spanish rice mix.
Cover; cook on high (9) for 12 minutes or until liquid is almost completely... - 31.5748
Wheat Or Rice Flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Spread the wheat or rice flakes on a baking sheet.
3. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and toast the flakes, sautéing after regular intervals for that they do not burn and brown evenly.
4.... - 31.502
Festive Wild And White Rice
1. Rinse wild rice; drain. In 2-quart saucepan over high heat, heat 1 cup water to boiling; stir in wild rice. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 45 minutes or until rice is tender.
2. About 30 minutes before wild rice is done, in 4-quart saucepan over... - 30.9987
Slow Cooker Rice
1) In a greased slow cooker, pour the water, salt and rice.
2) Cover the cooker and cook over high heat for 2 to 3 hours. Cool till the rice is tender but not overcooked. Keep stirring occasionally.
3) Serve hot. - 30.8186
1 Melt the lard or butter in a large kettle with a close-fitting cover.
2 Add the peppers and onion and cook until onion is wilted. Add the garlic, comino and rice, and stir until well mixed.
3 Add the hot stock and mix to distribute the rice evenly. Cover... - 30.6519
Minted Parsley Rice
Bring water and margarine to boiling point in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
Stir in rice, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 18 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
Turn off heat and let stand for about 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork... - 30.6473
Saute onion in butter in a Dutch oven until tender.
Add apple juice, water, and salt; bring to a boil.
Stir in rice; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients; remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes - 30.399
This is a great recipe to use up leftover rice from the Chinese food take out order. Just place it in a colander and place the colander over a pot of steaming water for 5-6 minutes. That brings it back to life nicely :-) The veggies look like little jewels... - 30.1952
Place all ingredients in glass bowl.
Cover, cook on high (9) for 15 to 17 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed; stir 3 times during cooking.
Let sit, covered, for 5 minutes or until remaining liquid is absorbed. - 29.6422
Toss together the hot rice, butter, cheeses, and sesame meal, mixing until the cheese melts and coats the rice evenly.
Pour the hot milk over and toss again. Serve at once. - 28.4939
1. Cook the washed rice in the stock 30 minutes, add salt and butter or margarine and cook slowly 20 minutes more.
2. Beat the yolks of the eggs with the cream or milk and stir into the rice.
3. Rub a border mold thoroughly with butter or margarine, pack the... - 28.0598
Rice With Spinach
Heat oil and saute onion.
Cut spinach in 1/4-inch strips and add the rice to onion, and saute.
Season and add stock and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
Add cheese and butter before serving. - 27.5459
Rice With Pigeon Peas
1. In a pan heat oil, add in the pigeon beans and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add in the onion and half of the sofrito. Stir well for few minutes.
3. Stir in the sazon and cook for 10 minutes on medium – high.
4. Add in the rice and stir well. Followed by... - 0
Homemade Rice Recipes By Category