- » Homemade Rice
Homemade Rice Recipes
Homemade rice is served as both main and side dishes in many countries. It is cooked with long-grained rice preferably basmati rice and is prepared by boiling.
Popular Homemade Rice Variations
Broadly ... More »
Raw Fried And Spanish Rice
All you veggie lovers out there. You have come to the right place. Check out the video of the yummy and delicious Raw Fried and Spanish Rice. Chef Darlene has done a fabulous job in preparing this recipe. A rice which is raw, isn't that exciting? - 80.9357
There are so many rice dishes, but it is never enough when it comes to experimenting with rice. In this video Jameela makes her favorite chickpea rice. Its looks quite simple and nice and you would love its rustic flavors. - 72.9646
Using Left-over Rice
Got a potful of rice left from last night feast and wondering what to do? Simple. Rice is the most versatile food and the extent up to which you can experiment with them is endless. This video recipe just presents yummy ways to use up your leftover rice.... - 64.071
Rainbow Rice - Part 1: Preparation
There is more to any food than just flavor and taste — it has to be appealing to the eyes too. Chef Alan whomps up a delectable, flavorful and colorful rice dish that is sure to add loads of cheer to your fare. What’s more, this eye-catching dish is one... - 59.5592
1. In a shallow dish, marinate tofu in Black Magic Sauce for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a hot wok or skillet, add the remaining sauce and oil.
3. When the oil and sauce mixture begins to steam vigorously, add the marinated tofu, cabbage,... - 49.5813
This is a rice mold with a meatball and vegetable filling, originally from Naples, Italy. This recipe however has been tweaked a bit using Asian flavors as well. - 48.7722
Rice With Spice
Drain and keep warm.
Fry potato halves.
Fry onions brown.
Add whole spices and fry.
Add meat, turmeric and chilli powders, salt, garlic-ginger paste and fry well.
Add chopped tomatoes with a little water and cook till... - 48.2654
1. Thoroughly wash the rice in cold water until the water runs clean. Drain the rice and keep aside.
2. In a large stock pot or heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter or ghee on a medium flame.
3. When fat is hot, add the cumin,... - 48.045
Put the butter in the pressure cooker and heat gently so that it melts and greases the base.
Pour in the milk, bring it to the boil in the uncovered cooker, then stir in the rice and sugar.
Stir well and bring to the boil, then lower the heat until it... - 47.7699
1) Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
2) Heat over medium flame till hot.
3) Add in the rice and cook till it browns lightly.
4) Take the skillet off the flame. Add in apple juice and mix into the rice.
5) Let the mixture boil. Cover and turn... - 47.6887
La Bamba Rice
1. In a large heavy pot, heat oil over low heat.
2. Stir in onion and cook for about 10 minutes until wilted.
3. Stir in garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add chorizos and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Stir in rice and cook for 3 minutes with... - 47.442
1. Take 2-quart saucepan, add water, salt and rice and boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 25 minutes.
3. Take from heat and keep aside.
4. Take a 10-inch skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat, add garlic, celery and onion and cook... - 47.1882
Yellow Squash Rice Pilau
1) Preheat the oven to 250°F and toast the sunflower seeds to a pale golden brown.
2) In a saucepan, add the squash slices and pour boiling water enough to cover them.
3) After 2 minutes remove the saucepan off the flame and drain off... - 47.13
Braised Veal And Rice
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°.
2) In a heavy 10-inch skillet, heat the lard over high heat until a light haze forms over it, then adds the salt pork.
3) When the pork is browned on all sides, remove it with a slotted spoon to drain on a thick... - 46.1032
Rice With Whole Spices
Peel onion and slice into fine rounds.
Halve the rounds.
Heat the oil in a 3-quart heavy-bottomed pot (with tight-fitting lid—to be used later) over medium heat, put in the onions, and fry, stirring, until they are brown and crisp (but not burned)—about 8... - 45.9463
Andouille Fried Rice
Got some left over rice? Then make a bayou rice southern style, which has flavors of the sausage, peppers and some shallots! An easy recipe video shared! - 45.1774
1. Take a small bowl and soak currants in warm water and cover till rice is cooked.
2. Take a 3-quart saucepan, add French onion soup, butter and beef broth.
3. Add wild and brown rice mix with uncooked long grain rice and seasoning packet and bring... - 44.8838
Prepare the Peach Sauce. Place the peaches, brandy, cream and almond extract in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
In a small bowl, combine the raisins with the brandy; stir in the gelatin and set aside to soften.
Bring 3 quarts of water to a... - 44.8638
1. Wash mushrooms. Soak in 3 cups warm water until soft (about 1 hour), keeping them submerged by covering with drop-lid, flat pan lid, or saucer. Drain, reserving soaking water. Discard stems and cut caps into slices 1/4 inch (3/4 cm) wide.
2.... - 44.8012
1. Fry bacon until it become crispy fried.
2. Drain oil thoroughly and set the fried bacons aside.
3. Fry onion, garlic, pepper in bacon oil until onions get transparent and tender by cooking.
4. Drain the oil carefully and add the mix with bacon.
5.... - 44.785
St Paul's Rice
Cook sausage in skillet, stirring through and cutting up to break into small bits.
Drain off excess grease.
Saute onion, pepper and celery.
Mix the soup in water.
Add rice and cook for seven minutes.
Mix all ingredients together and put in a... - 44.2946
Rice Al Imperatrice
1) In a bowl, soak the candied fruit (mixed peels) in kirsch (or any liqueur or rum or brandy).
2) In a bowl, stir the gelatin in cold water, until softened.
3) In a bowl, cover the rice with the boiling water, allow to stand for 5 minutes,... - 44.2652
Ruby Rice Crown
1. In a medium saucepan, cook rice in plenty of water for five minutes; drain well
2. On a double boiler, scald the milk, add salt and drained rice and cook over simmering water for an hour till the rice is very soft
3. Add a cup and a half of sugar,... - 44.245
Texan Three Ring Rice
Cut the red pepper into strips and arrange at intervals in the bottom of a ring mould.
Combine rice and half the melted butter, spoon into mould over pepper.
Chop onions, green pepper and mince or crush the garlic; fry in the remaining butter until... - 44.2103
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Mix together the courgettes, peppers, tomatoes and onions and place in the oil.
3. Fry the mixture over a high heat for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Season with salt, pepper and marjoram.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 5... - 44.1366
1) Drain the mushrooms and reserve the liquid.
2) In a skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter for 2 to 3 minutes.
3) Stir in sherry and seasonings, simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the rice, pour in the reserved mushroom liquid and... - 43.4328
In large saucepan, melt butter; cook onions until softened.
Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in rice, spinach, tomatoes, stock, salt, basil, and pepper to taste.
Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat; cover and... - 43.0723
1) Slice the bacon into fine cubes.
2) Fry the diced bacon along with garlic and onion.
3) Stir in tomatoes and then heat gently until the most of the moisture has evaporated.
4) Add in rice, mixing well.
5) Pour in chicken stock, tomato... - 42.9689
In a large skillet over low heat melt margarine.
Saute for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
Add water, apple and lemon juice, brown sugar and salt; mix well.
Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Stir in rice, raisins and cinnamon; cover and reduce... - 42.9192
Rice With Spinach
Wash rice thoroughly in colander.
Invert into large bowl, and cover with cold water and 1 teaspoon of the salt.
Leave for 2 hours.
Fill a 4-6-quart pot with water.
Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
If you are using fresh spinach, trim and wash... - 42.8833
Shades Of Autumn Rice
1.In a slow cooker, put brown rice, apple juice, broth, apple, raisins, walnuts, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
2.Put the lid on and place the cooker on LOW heat for 4-5 hrs.
3.Once the rice is cooked well, remove the cooker from... - 42.5444
Rice And Sweetcorn
1) In a saucepan add rice and salt with three-quarters of the water.
2) Cook covered in simmering heat for 15 minutes till water is dried.
3) Keep the rice aside in a plate.
4) Mix the ingredients for marinade and add pinch of pepper.
5)... - 42.0292
1. Slice unpeeled aubergine in 1-cm/ 1/2-inch slices, sprinkle with salt and stand for 30 minutes. Rinse, drain and dry.
2. Saute in four tablespoons of the oil until lightly browned and tender. Drain on kitchen paper.
3. Slice two tomatoes and keep on one... - 41.604
Yellow Turmeric Rice
1) In a large saucepan, stir butter until melted over moderate-low heat.
2) Now add the onion and cook, mixing once in a while until the onion start to brown.
3) Add the cardamom and cook further for 1-2 minutes, mixing once in a while.
4) Now add the... - 41.4724
Wash the rice and soak in cold water for 15-20 minutes, then drain.
Heat the ghee or oil in a heavy pan over a low heat.
Add the nuts and saute, stirring constantly until golden brown.
Remove from the oil.
Increase the heat to medium, add the cumin seeds,... - 41.3785
Scallop Saute Over Rice
1) In a 10-inch skillet, saute the mushrooms, scallions, and garlic in the margarine for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
2) Stir in the scallops and saute for 2 minutes.
3) Stir in the sherry, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper, then bring... - 41.0816
Rice A Limperatrice
Heat milk to boiling in a small, heavy saucepan, stir in rice, cover, and simmer over lowest heat, stirring now and then, 20-30 minutes until rice is just tender.
Fluff rice with a fork and cool.
Meanwhile, make the custard: Sprinkle gelatin over milk, let... - 40.318
1) In a pan, lightly saute the onion in 1 tablespoon of the butter, until brown.
2) Stir in the rice and saute until thoroughly coated.
3) Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
4) Pour in the consomme, bring to boil and simmer, covered, until the... - 40.2435
Wash the rice until the water runs clear, drain and set aside.
Melt the butter and oil in a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat, add the mustard seeds, dried red chillies, curry leaves, ginger, garlic and salt and fry for about 2 minutes.
Add the rice and... - 40.1937
Homemade Rice Recipes By Category