- » Homemade Currant Bread
Homemade Currant Bread Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Homemade Currant Bread recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Homemade Currant Bread recipes.
Swirl Breakfast Loaf
1 In a large mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast. In a small saucepan combine milk, granulated sugar, the 1/4 cup margarine or butter, and salt. Heat and stir until warm (120° to 130°) and margarine almost melts. Add to flour mixture;... - 34.4506
Roast Pheasant With Filbert Stuffing And Currant Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
To make the stuffing:
2. In a heavy 8- to 10-inch skillet melt 8 tablespoons of the butter over moderate heat.
3. As the foam subsides, stir in bread cubes and let them crisp and brown.
4. With a slotted... - 44.689
This beautifullt toasted and delicious homemade bread is quickly made and is ready to eat within an hour! Throw in sultanas, currants and candied peel to make it a scrumptious fruit bread. - 37.0095
Stollen is a sweet German Christmas traditional bread. Full of currants, cherries, fruits and nuts, this sweet bread is apt for celebrating the forthcoming occasion. Try this Stollen and tell me if you like it. - 45.9811
Sugar Glazed Irish Soda Bread
1. Sift flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium-size bowl; stir in currants and buttermilk till blended. (Dough will be sticky.)
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured pastry cloth or board; knead about 10 times. Shape... - 33.8194
Orange Fruit Tea Bread
1) In a bowl, put the fruit, sugar and orange and pour the hot tea all over. Stir properly, cover and allow to stand overnight.
2) Grease an 8-inch round cake tin and then line it with a greased greaseproof paper.
3) Into the fruit mixture, stir the... - 40.8333
Soften yeast in 1/2 cup warm water (110°).
Heat milk, honey, butter, and 1 teaspoon salt till butter melts; cool to lukewarm.
Stir in 2 cups of the flour; beat well.
Add softened yeast and the 3 eggs; beat well.
Stir in raisins, currants, citron, aniseed,... - 43.5657
Festive Holiday Brioches
1 Soften yeast in the warm water. In a mixing bowl beat the butter or margarine, the 1/3 cup sugar, and the salt until fluffy. Add 1 cup of the flour and the milk to the sugar mixture. Separate one of the eggs. Add the egg yolk and the remaining whole eggs to... - 36.4201
Buttermilk Bran Scones
Stir thoroughly the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and soda.
Stir in bran flake cereal and currants.
Cut in butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in eggs and buttermilk.
Knead gently on lightly floured surface (5 to 6 strokes).
Divide dough in... - 42.9289
Stir thoroughly the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Stir in currants, if desired.
Cut in butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add 1 beaten egg and milk, stirring just till dough clings together.
Knead gently on lightly floured surface (12 to 15... - 39.9527
Hot Cross Buns
In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
Add milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, salt, nutmeg and 3 cups of flour; beat until smooth.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
Stir in the currants, raisins and enough remaining flour to form a soft... - 42.2394
Rich German Strollen
Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, and cardamom.
Heat milk, butter, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt just till warm (115-120°) and butter is nearly melted; stir constantly.
Add to flour mixture; add egg.
Beat at low speed 1/2 minute; scrape bowl constantly.
Beat 3... - 45.3209
Sunburst Coffee Cake
In large mixer bowl combine 1 cup of the flour and the yeast.
Heat milk, sugar, shortening, and 1 teaspoon salt just till warm (115-120°), stirring to melt shortening.
Add to dry mixture; add egg and lemon peel.
Beat at low speed with electric mixer for 1/2... - 41.4093
Cut two slices each of graham and white bread at least half an inch thick.
Spread liberally with butter.
Lay alternate narrow strips of red and green sweet pepper on each slice.
Press the slices firmly together, alternating the graham and white slices.
Trim... - 31.8235
Spicy Apple Loaf
1. Preheat a 350°F/180°C/Gas 4 oven. Line a 9 X 5 in (23 X 13 cm) loaf tin with greaseproof paper and grease.
2. Break the egg into a bowl and beat lightly. Stir in the apple sauce, butter or margarine and both sugars. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, sift... - 42.0974
Poor Man's Pudding
1) In a bowl, add in the chopped suet, raisins, currants and grated bread. Give it a little toss.
2) Now add the flour that has been sifted with baking powder and brown sugar.
3) Pour in the milk and for a smooth batter.
4) In a well greased mould,... - 44.1559
Apple Almond Stuffed Turkey
Cut bread into 1/2-in.cubes and place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 225° for 30-40 minutes, tossing occasionally until partially dried.
Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the next 10 ingredients in butter until onions and apple are... - 43.0204
Whirlybird Roast Chickens
1. Prepare stuffing mix with 1/3 cup of the melted butter or margarine and water, as label directs.
2. Stuff neck and body cavities of chickens lightly; skewer neck skin to body; tie legs tightly to tail.
3. Place chickens on spit, brush with remaining melted... - 26.3073
New Year Pudding
Mix the breadcrumbs, salt, spices and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
Heat the milk in a small saucepan and pour it over the dry ingredients.
Mix well and allow to cool.
Crumble the vegetable shortening into the bread crumb mixture, add the beaten eggs... - 38.7039
Buche De Noel
Buche De Noel is one of the best cake recipe you can think of. Bake the Buche De Noel easily and let us know after you fully enjoy the recipe. - 46.5019