- » Homemade Chicken Stew
Homemade Chicken Stew Recipes
Enjoy our collection of homemade chicken stew recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for homemade chicken stew recipes.
Homemade Brunswick Stew
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a saute oan, borwn the onions and chicken pieces and remove them to a casserole.
3) Except potatoes, add all the other ingredients.
4) In the oil left in the pan, brown the potatoes... - 42.724
You May Also Like!
Pimiento Chicken Stew
Remove all fat from chicken, and skin from breasts, thighs, and drumsticks; melt fat in large heavy kettle or Dutch oven.
Shake chicken with flour and salad-dressing mix in paper bag to coat evenly; brown, a few pieces at a time, in fat in kettle.
Remove... - 35.2797
Fireside Chicken-vegetable Stew
Wash chicken, wipe and cut in serving pieces.
Run cut surface of lemon over meat surfaces.
Saute' legs, wings and breast sections slowly on both sides in melted butter or margarine until golden, watching that butter doesn't burn.
Add remaining chicken pieces,... - 40.5543
Rinse chicken and place in large kettle.
Cover with the water.
Bring to boiling.
Add all remaining ingredients.
Cover kettle, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is tender (about 2 hours).
Cool; remove chicken and use in other recipes calling for cooked... - 34.2376
Oven Irish Stew
1. Trim excess fat from chops. Melt several pieces in a large skillet until 2 tablespoons of fat have accumulated. Remove and discard remaining fat.
2. Brown chops, 3 at a time, in fat in skillet; remove and reserve. Brown stew vegetables in fat remaining in... - 24.7752
1. Fry bacon until almost crisp in large skillet. Lift out with a slotted spoon; drain on paper toweling and set aside for Step 5. Leave the drippings in pan.
2. Shake chicken pieces in mixture of flour, salt and pepper in plastic bag to coat well. (Reserve... - 39.9509
Chicken Mushroom Stew
Cut chicken into 1-in.
cubes; brown in 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet.
Transfer to a slow cooker.
In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, zucchini, green pepper and garlic in remaining oil until crisp-tender.
Place in slow cooker.
Add... - 36.7028
Navy Bean Stew
Soak beans in 2 qts.of water overnight; drain.
Place in a large saucepan and add remaining water.
Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until beans are tender.
In a Dutch oven, brown sausage.
Add broth,... - 38.517
Homemade Chicken Soup
Homemade Chicken Stock: Place hen in stock pot or Dutch oven; add water.
Bring to boil; skim off froth.
Add carrots, celery, onion, leek (if using), parsley, bay leaf, salt, thyme and peppercorns.
Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 2 to 2-1/2... - 46.0263
Homemade Corn And Chicken Soup
In kettle mix chicken, water, onion, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
Bring to boiling.
Simmer, covered, 2 hours.
For fresh corn, with sharp knife make cuts through center of corn kernels in each row of ears.
Cut corn off cobs; scrape cobs.
Remove chicken from... - 43.385
Hungarian Szekely Gulyas
1. Brown pork, part at a time (removing pieces to a bowl as they brown), in butter or margarine in a heavy kettle or Dutch oven. Saute onion until golden, about 5 minutes, in same pan, adding more butter or margarine, if needed. Stir in paprika; cook 1 minute... - 35.0528