- » Homemade Beet
Homemade Beet Recipes
Enjoy our collection of homemade beet recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for homemade beet recipes.
Sweet And Sour Beets
Heat butter in saucepan.
Add onion and cook gently, stirring, 3 minutes.
Add salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar and mustard and stir to blend.
Add beets and cook gently, stirring often, until hot and coated with sauce, about 5 minutes. - 31.7606
Heat beets and cooking water to boiling point.
Combine all remaining ingredients, mixing until smooth.
Stir into hot beet liquid gradually.
Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and clear. - 30.2157
Spicy Orange Beets
1. Shred beets on a vegetable shredder. Mix with sugar, salt, cloves and orange juice in 4-cup baking dish. Dot with butter or margarine; cover.
2. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 1 hour, or until tender. Sprinkle with grated orange rind, if you wish. - 22.5649
1. Wash beets, and cut off all but 1" of the stems. Leave top root intact.
2. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil and cook until barely tender (20-30 mins. for baby beets).
3. Drain, plunge into cold water, and slip off the skins and stems and roots.
4.... - 34.2982
Easy Harvard Beets
Wash the beets (do not trim the 'tails' yet) and boil until tender.
Drain, trim and slice the beets and place to one side.
Combine the cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan.
Stir the vinegar and water into it and cook over a low heat until the sauce is... - 30.0849
Quick Orange Glazed Beets
1. Heat beets with their liquid in a medium-size saucepan; drain. Add marmalade and vinegar.
2. Cook, stirring gently, over low heat until beets are glazed with sauce. - 22.9321
Pickled beets is a spiced homemade beet pickle recipe prepared with equal pats if water and vinegar. Combined and cooked together the mixture is used for pickling the beets. It can be served on the side as a condiment. - 32.5335
Sweet Sour Glazed Beets
1. Wash the beets. Cut off all but 2 inches of tops; leave root end intact.
2. Place the beets in saucepan; add water to cover. Bring the water to boiling. Cook beets, covered, 35 to 45 minutes (depending on size), or until tender. Drain.
3. Allow beets to... - 24.951
Sweet And Sour Beets
In a saucepan, combine water, vinegar and cornstarch; bring to a boil.
Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes; remove from the heat.
Add sugar and beets; let stand for 1 hour.
Heat through just before serving. - 24.347
1. Drain syrup from pineapple into a medium-size saucepan; stir in cornstarch until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles 1 minute.
2. Stir in beets, butter or margarine, pineapple and lemon juice. Heat slowly, stirring once or... - 18.7427
Beet Salad Ring
This version of Beet Salad Ring is healthy, tasty and ver easy to follow. Try this Beet Salad Ring recipe and it's without doubt a treat with any meal! - 38.016
Herring And Beet Salad
Here's a brilliant and exotic version of Herring and Beet Salad. It is a must try for all salad lovers out there! - 38.3989
Easy Pickled Beets
Place pickling spices in a cheesecloth bag.
In a large saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, cinnamon, salt and the spice bag; bring to a boil.
Drain the beets, reserving 3/4 cup of juice.
Stir beets and reserved juice into saucepan.
Pour into a 1-1/2-qt.glass... - 32.5438
Melt butter in a heavy or nonstick fry pan.
Add flour and stir over low heat for 1 minute.
Mix water with lemon juice; slowly add to pan, stirring constantly, to blend into a smooth mixture.
Add bay leaf.
Cook until thickened.
Add beets and cook until... - 34.5848
Dutch Pickled Beets
Drain beets, saving liquid.
Combine beet liquid, vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt in saucepan.
Bring to a boil, turn down heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Add beets and simmer 10 minutes more.
Pack beets in 4 sterilized pint jars and pour... - 31.491
Place beets in clean hot jars, cover with hot spiced vinegar, using horse-radish.
Seal jars and let stand for 36 hours before using. - 17.3427
Hot Beet Salad
Nothing can compliment your meal so wonderfully than this Hot Beet Salad. Try out this fresh, delicious and exciting recipe for Hot Beet Salad and relish it! - 30.2206
Combine potatoes, beets, herring, apple, pickle, and onion.
Blend together vinegar, sugar, water, salt, and dash pepper.
Toss with beet mixture.
Pack salad into 4-cup mold or bowl; chill.
Drain and unmold on serving plate.
Cut egg in wedges; remove... - 43.7279
Boil beets until tender and remove skins.
If you have small beets, no larger than about an inch in diameter, you can leave them whole.
Larger beets should be cut up. (Many of Waterloo County's Pennsylvania Dutch housewives like to cut them in quarters.) Heat... - 29.043
The beet relish is a nutritious and flavorful relish made with raw cabbage and cooked beets. Prepared with sugar and salt, with horseradish, the beet relish is sealed with hot vinegar. - 27.2349
Tangy Beet Salad
Drain beets, reserving juice, chop beets, and set aside.
Add enough water to juice to make 1 1/2 cups, bring beet liquid to a boil.
Add gelatin; cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves.
Stir in salt.
Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg... - 30.3848
Jellied Beet Salad
Dissolve jelly powder in boiling water, and add all other ingredients except beets and celery.
Chill mixture until it just begins to set.
Fold in beets and celery, and turn the mixture into wet mold or individual molds.
Chill until very firm, and serve on... - 31.937
Orange And Beets
Cook the beets in boiling water for 20 minutes.
Remove from the heat but leave them in the boiled water to keep hot.
Mix the remaining ingredients together in a saucepan.
Bring to the boil and simmer, stirring, for about 25 minutes until the cornstarch has... - 33.7906
Sour Cream And Beets
Mix the parsley, sour cream, mustard, onion and seasoning together in a small saucepan.
Bring to a gentle simmer.
Peel and cube the cooked beets and add to the sauce.
Return to a simmer and cook for a further 5-10 minutes, until the beets are very hot.
Turn... - 26.5813
Peel and chill.
Grate beets, using coarse grater.
Toss with spinach.
Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Add enough French dressing to just coat the vegetables and toss again lightly.
Put on 6 individual serving plates.
Press a little of the... - 32.7526
Combine vegetables in a bowl and toss lightly.
Mix sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper and celery seed and pour over vegetables.
Toss again and chill. - 31.6947
Beet And Potato Soup
Put soup mix in large saucepan.
Add amount of water called tor on the package and bring to a boil.
Add potatoes and cook soup as package directs or until potatoes are tender (about 10 minutes).
Remove from heat and add beets and Tabasco.
Pour into glass of... - 37.1244
Horseradish Beet Salad
In a bowl, combine sugar, vinegar and horseradish.
Add the beets and toss to coat.
Cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight. - 25.2616
Chilled Beet Soup
Drain beets, reserving juice.
Combine beet juice with chicken broth, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
Heat mixture to boiling; pour over reserved beets, and chill.
Serve in cups, garnishing each with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkling with dill or... - 28.8277
Fresh Beet And Cucumber Salad
This version of Molded Fresh Beet and Cucumber Salad is healthy, tasty and ver easy to follow. Try this Molded Fresh Beet and Cucumber Salad recipe and it's without doubt a treat with any meal! - 45.6392
Beet And Onion Salad
Wash the beets but leave the 'tail' attached.
Boil rapidly for 45 minutes, until tender, then peel and cut into long, thin strips.
Place the strips in a mixing bowl.
Trim and thinly slice the scallions and add them to the beets.
Mix together the... - 32.4939
In a saucepan, bring the beets, carrots, onion, water and salt to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add broth, cabbage and butter; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. - 35.8724
Beet Macaroni Salad
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. - 26.0497
Apple Beet Salad
In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
Gently fold in apples and beets.
If desired, serve on a lettuce-lined plate and top with chopped egg. - 30.6311
Beet Cake With Almond Topping
Combine oil and sugar in a mixing bowl, beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended.
Add eggs, beat until well blended.
Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon, add to egg mixture, beating until blended.
Add beets, walnuts, and... - 37.8428
In a large saucepan combine juice from beets, lemon juice and powdered pectin.
Stir over high heat until the mixture boils hard.
Stir in sugar.
Bring to a full rolling boil; boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat; skim off any... - 30.9435
Jellied Beet And Salmon Salad
You're sure to love this Jellied Beet and Salmon Salad for it mihgt remind you of the salad your mum prepared during those holidays. Here's a simple and quick to make recipe for Jellied Beet and Salmon Salad to help you recreate your holiday magic! - 46.9358
Beet-jellied Gefilte Fish
Drain one 16-ounce can sliced or shoestring beets, reserving liquid.
Add water to liquid to make 2 1/2 cups.
Chop beets very fine; chill.
Soften 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (1 tablespoon) in 1/4 cup cold water.
In small saucepan heat 1 cup of the beet... - 31.8913
Combine beets and cranberry sauce in blender or food processor with steel blade.
Do not completely puree; leave some texture to the mixture.
Transfer to a large saucepan.
Add remaining ingredients.
Taste for seasoning.
Serve with a dollop of yogurt if... - 44.3096
How To Make Beet Pancakes For Kids
Red Beet Pancakes? Don't be surprised when your kids ask for seconds. In this video, learn how to make these amazing fluffy pancakes for your children. - 117.283
Beet And Chicory Salad
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) Discard the leafy tops of the beets, if any, leaving 1- to 2-inch stems.
3) Wash beets in running water and shake off most of the water.
4) Tightly wrap with aluminum foil.
5) In a baking pan, place... - 50.2071
This homemade beet relish is a wonderful relish prepared with canned beets. Grated and combined with vinegar, sugar, horseradish and seasonings, the beet relish is best served chilled. I love making this healthy relish and serving it with meals. - 32.8824
Press beets to remove juice.
Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
Heap filling onto 4 buttered bread slices.
Top with remaining slices.
Makes4 servings. - 30.1756
1. In large saucepan place eggs and pour in cold water almost to cover.
2. Cover pan, heat to bubbling, then simmer 15 to 20 minutes until hard-cooked.
3. Set pan and eggs under cold running water until eggs are cool enough to handle, then shell and... - 37.6307
Beet Bread Pudding
1. Lightly toast rye bread and let dry at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Grate roasted beets coarsely and keep aside.
3. In a bowl, tear bread pieces coarsely and add chicken broth and raisins; mix well.
4. Let it soak for 1 hour.
5.... - 49.4833
Beet Zucchini Soup
1) Soak a third of the grated beets in vinegar and sugar. Put aside.
2) In a large soup kettle,heat the butter and oil .
3) Fry the onion and scallions over moderate heat until translucent by turning for about 5 minutes.
4) Now add the... - 47.1515
Quick Borscht With Potato
Try this Quick Borscht With Potato. An easily prepared American Borscht recipe, Quick Borscht with Potatoes is a dish that you will always love to include in your appetizer menu. - 36.2806
Rosy Pickled Eggs
Peel eggs, and place loosely in a jar.
Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan, place over low heat just until thoroughly heated.
Remove onion, pour hot mixture over eggs.
Seal with an airtight lid.
Refrigerate 2 days before serving.
Store in refrigerator... - 32.1439
Poached Baby Beetroot
1. Wash beetroot and twist off the leaves, leaving a little tuft of stem. Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to boil, add the beetroot and cook until just tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Drain beetroot, refresh under cold water and drain again.... - 28.4951
Homemade Pickled Ring Bologna
1. In a glass jar, place the ring bologna and push it till the bottom.
2. Add in the red crushed peppers, and fill the jar with white vinegar until the ring is completely covered.
3. Add in the red food coloring. Mix well and refrigerate the jar for 7... - 97.6913
Natural Homemade V8 Juice
FullyRaw Kristina shows you THE REAL V8 JUICE recipe! It's more delicious and nutritious for you! Share this savory and rich recipe with family and friends. My featured recipe is the FullyRaw and REAL V8 JUICE! It's pure, delicious, and more nutritious for... - 138.885
Homemade Fruit And Vegetable Juices
For many of the health conscious foodies, fresh homemade fruits and vegetable juice has more importance than store-bought ones. In this video, you are going to find some nice variations of fruits and vegetables juices, in bright colors. You can select one or... - 133.025
Marinate beets in French dressing.
Arrange about two thirds of the beets around edge of a salad bowl.
Then make a row of coleslaw inside beets leaving center free for remain ing beets.
Arrange grapefruit sections on beets in center. - 19.9673
1.Place the caviar, and flavor it with lemon juice
2.Place the lightly buttered bread, and spread the caviar mixture over
3.Serve with a sauce of your choice
A small quantity of chopped pickled beets may be added if desired. - 30.4937
1. Place eggs in large saucepan; pour in cold water to cover. Cover pan; bring water to boiling, then simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or till hard-cooked. (Do not let the water boil.)
2. Set pan and eggs under cold running water until eggs are cool, then shell;... - 21.9006
Mix olive oil, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon water, sugar, salt, and pepper.
Pour over potatoes.
Add beans, sauerkraut, and celery.
Add red cabbage to boiling water.
Let stand 2 minutes.
Stir in tarragon vinegar; mix until cabbage is... - 40.3419
1. In a large skillet, melt the butter.
2. Add the beef and sautÃ© until heated through. Remove using a slotted spoon to a bowl and keep aside.
3. Add the mushrooms and sautÃ© them until soft and golden.
4. Stir in the gravy, orange juice and... - 37.5449
Cover bones with water and bring to a boil.
Skim, then simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat falls from bones.
Discard bones and cut meat into chunks.
Add salt and the next 5 ingredients to boiling stock.
Cover and cook about 10 minutes.
Add... - 46.7911
This flavorful Salmagundi Salad gives out that unique taste combination that anyone tasting it is sure gonna love it! Here's a quick and easy to make recipe for Salmagundi Salad for you to try; enjoy! - 32.416
Stuffed Sole Victoria
Defrost fish if frozen, just until fillets can be separated.
Saute' bacon slices lightly until fat turns clear.
Set bacon aside.
Add butter to the pan with onion and mushrooms.
Saute until onion is clear.
Remove from heat, and add pars-ley, bread crumbs,... - 41.5632
Dice herring, potatoes, dill pickles, apples and onions to approximately the same size as the beets.
Mix together with beets, and add just enough sour cream to bind mixture; add salt and pepper.
Garnish with dill. - 25.1799
Budget Boiled Dinner
1. Place shoulder roll, brown sugar and pickling spices in a kettle; add water to cover. Cover and simmer for 1 1/4 hours, or until meat is almost tender.
2. While meat cooks, cut leafy tops to within 1 inch of beets. (This helps beets keep their rich color.)... - 31.6248
In a large mixing bowl combine all the vegetables, except the beets.
Add the tuna and ham.
Stir in the mayonnaise, mixing gently but thoroughly.
Add the beets.
Transfer to a serving platter.
Garnish with the anchovies and pickles.
This salad can be prepared a... - 35.3914
Put soup bone, beef shoulder, pork and salt pork in very large kettle.
Add 10 cups water, bay leaf, peppercorns, garlic, parsley, carrot, celery and leek.
Bring to a boil, turn down heat, cover tightly and simmer about 2 1/2 hours or until all meat is... - 42.5989
Danish Beef Sandwiches
1. Blend butter or margarine with horseradish in a small bowl; spread on bread slices.
2. Top each with a slice of beef, then a layer of the beets; repeat to make 2 more layers of each. Garnish with parsley and serve with freshly ground pepper, if you wish. - 25.0898
Scandinavian Appetizer Tray
1. Pare cucumbers; slice very thin; place in a medium-size bowl.
2. Combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl; stir until sugar dissolves. Pour over cucumber slices; sprinkle with dill. Chill at least 2 hours to season.
3. When ready to... - 35.1138
1. Cook cabbage in small amount of boiling salted water just until tender in a medium-size saucepan; drain.
2. While cabbage cooks, melt the butter or margarine in small saucepan; blend in flour, sugar and salt; stir in beets and juice, water and vinegar;... - 24.1083
1. Heat the oil in a large kettle and saute the onions, beets, carrot, potatoes, and cabbage, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the broth, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
3. Combine the tomatoes, dill seeds, bay leaves,... - 29.9362
Fish And Vegetable Salad
This typical Fish and Vegetable Salad is the best healthy and tasty combination to any meal. Try this easy and simple recipe for Fish and Vegetable Salad; this happens to be my personal favorite! - 40.1719
Old World Borscht Salad
1. Combine potatoes with instant beef broth or bouillon cube in a small saucepan and add water to cover; bring to boiling. Remove from heat; cool potatoes in broth while mixing rest of salad.
2. Season beets with French dressing in a small bowl; chill.
3. Mix... - 37.3311
Avocado Pontchartrain With Shrimp Remoulade
1 For remoulade, in a small bowl combine vinegar, catsup, horseradish mustard, paprika, and ground red pepper. Slowly add oil while beating with a whisk or fork; beat until combined. Stir in celery and green onion.
2 Place cooked shrimp in a plastic bag set... - 31.4681
1. Place 1 slice rye bread on each of 4 serving plates. Halve remaining 4 slices of bread diagonally; arrange each 2 triangles around whole slices on plates; top all with lettuce leaves.
2. Layer tongue and folded cheese slices, cherry tomatoes and watercress... - 30.3716
This Skillet Salad is so fresh! I love raw vegetables for salads, but this Skillet Salad has a distinctive taste! Just try it out to experience what I mean and tell me all about it! - 28.2832
Red Flannel Hash
Heat oil in a 12-in.skillet.
Add all remaining ingredients.
Cook and stir over low heat for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. - 31.6159
Meal Size Chefs Salad
For a good chefs salad choose at least 3 of the following greens: leaf or head lettuce, romaine, curly endive or chicory, escarole, water cress, raw spinach or tender young beet tops.
Break into wooden bowl first rubbed with garlic.
Add peeled and quartered... - 30.8727
Italian Rolls have never tasted so good without this utterly delicious Panamanian Stew ! What's more ! You can cook the Panamanian Stew with Italian Rolls in a few minutes for your family for dinner while they wait eagerly ! - 38.1375
1) In a large non-stick pan heat oil and brown beef and pork.
2) Put the meat in slow cooker.
3) In the same pan, heat ½ cup of water and stir to remove the browned bits.
4) Pour the bits over the meat, and add carrots, beet, celery,... - 44.8639
Tossed Whole-meal Salad
Try out this simple and perfect Tossed Whole-Meal Salad that is sure to have your mouth watering. Follow this recipe closely for the tasty Tossed Whole-Meal Salad and keep winning comments from your peers and family! - 37.9379
Garden Patch Cake
In a large mixing bowl, beat oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well.
Stir in vegetables.
Add chips and mix well.
Pour into a greased and floured 13-in.x 9-in.x 2-in.baking pan.
Bake at... - 46.9052
1) Extract beet liquid. Add sprouts to it and marinate all day.
2) Drain well.
3) Stir in remaining ingredients except egg.
4) Garnish with egg and serve. - 38.1078
Old World Sunday Beef Dinner
I first tasted this Old World Sunday Beef Dinner at a friends place and absolutely loved it! It has always been a hit with family and friends and I am sure you will agree once you try this. So, make sure you dish out this Old World Sunday Beef Dinner and do... - 43.7122
Peel and grate or chop the onion and toss it in the fat until softened but not brown.
Add the consomme or beef stock and heat thoroughly.
Cut the beet into thin strips or grate, add to the soup and warm through.
Spoon into individual soup bowls,... - 26.8711
In a large saucepan combine stock, beets, potato, onion and carrot.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Skim if necessary.
Add cabbage, tomato, parsley and dill.
Simmer for 30 minutes longer or until... - 43.2982
Peas And Carrot Salad
1. Put the peas and sliced carrots in a saucepan. Add enough water to barely cover the bottom of the saucepan, cover, and simmer for 8 minutes.
2. Drain the vegetables (save the water for soup) and put the vegetables in a bowl. Cool and chill. Add the celery,... - 34.4923
Red Onion Borscht
Melt butter in a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium heat.
Reserve 1/3 cup of the onions for garnish; add remaining onions, vinegar, and beets to pan.
Cook, stirring often, until onions are very soft, 25 to 30 minutes.
Stir in flour.
Bring soup to a... - 36.5717
Hot Russian Borscht
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Rinse beets well
3. Chop of 1 inch stem.
4. Wrap each beet individually in aluminum foil sheet.
5. Bake the wrapped beet on oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until tender depending on size.
6. Slip the skins... - 49.5574
Gefilte Fish Torte
To Make Torte: Line a 15 1/2 X 10 1/2 X 1-inch rimmed baking sheet (jelly-roll pan) with parchment or foil, letting l inch extend over each short end.
Grease or spray the paper.
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Melt margarine in a medium saucepan and saute 1/2 cup... - 45.5337
Winter Root Vegetable Soup
This winter root vegetable soup is a healthy and delightful home made soup that can be prepared and served in the winter before or after meals. Made with a mdeley of nutritious root vegetables and seasonal picks like rutabaga, beets, onions and carrots, the... - 50.407
How To Make Vegetable Stock At Home - Quick And Easy
Ever wondered making vegetable stock at home is a time consuming process and needs lots of patience! No give a break to that, as you can make your own homemade vegetable stock in less than 30 minutes. This can be used to make any soup or can be used in... - 0
Pork Scallops Polish Style
Dust the pork scallops with salt and flour, heat the lard in a skillet over high heat and fry the scallops until they are brown on both sides.
Drain the slices on paper towels.
To make the sauce, heat the lard and add the vegetables.
Cook over medium heat... - 45.4722
Homemade Beet Recipes By Category