- » Homemade Beet
Homemade Beet Recipes
Enjoy our collection of homemade beet recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for homemade beet recipes.
Homemade Pickled Beets
In 3 or 4-cup serving dish, combine drained beets, sugar, liquid and vinegar.
Tie pickling spice in piece of cheesecloth or nylon reinforced paper towel.
Add to beets.
Cook, covered, 4 minutes or until mixture boils, stirring once.
Cool and remove picklin - 23.9827
You May Also Like!
Sweet And Sour Beets
Heat butter in saucepan.
Add onion and cook gently, stirring, 3 minutes.
Add salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar and mustard and stir to blend.
Add beets and cook gently, stirring often, until hot and coated with sauce, about 5 minutes. - 31.7606
Heat beets and cooking water to boiling point.
Combine all remaining ingredients, mixing until smooth.
Stir into hot beet liquid gradually.
Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and clear. - 30.2157
Spicy Orange Beets
1. Shred beets on a vegetable shredder. Mix with sugar, salt, cloves and orange juice in 4-cup baking dish. Dot with butter or margarine; cover.
2. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 1 hour, or until tender. Sprinkle with grated orange rind, if you wish. - 22.5649
1. Wash beets, and cut off all but 1" of the stems. Leave top root intact.
2. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil and cook until barely tender (20-30 mins. for baby beets).
3. Drain, plunge into cold water, and slip off the skins and stems and roots.
4.... - 34.2982
Easy Harvard Beets
Wash the beets (do not trim the 'tails' yet) and boil until tender.
Drain, trim and slice the beets and place to one side.
Combine the cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan.
Stir the vinegar and water into it and cook over a low heat until the sauce is... - 30.0849
Quick Orange Glazed Beets
1. Heat beets with their liquid in a medium-size saucepan; drain. Add marmalade and vinegar.
2. Cook, stirring gently, over low heat until beets are glazed with sauce. - 22.9321
Pickled beets is a spiced homemade beet pickle recipe prepared with equal pats if water and vinegar. Combined and cooked together the mixture is used for pickling the beets. It can be served on the side as a condiment. - 32.5335
Sweet Sour Glazed Beets
1. Wash the beets. Cut off all but 2 inches of tops; leave root end intact.
2. Place the beets in saucepan; add water to cover. Bring the water to boiling. Cook beets, covered, 35 to 45 minutes (depending on size), or until tender. Drain.
3. Allow beets to... - 24.951
Sweet And Sour Beets
In a saucepan, combine water, vinegar and cornstarch; bring to a boil.
Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes; remove from the heat.
Add sugar and beets; let stand for 1 hour.
Heat through just before serving. - 24.347
1. Drain syrup from pineapple into a medium-size saucepan; stir in cornstarch until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles 1 minute.
2. Stir in beets, butter or margarine, pineapple and lemon juice. Heat slowly, stirring once or... - 18.7427
Homemade Beet Recipes By Category