- » Holiday Turnip
Holiday Turnip Recipes
Enjoy our collection of holiday turnip recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for holiday turnip recipes.
1. Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
2. In a bowl, put together mashed turnips, butter and egg; mix well.
3. Stir in flour, brown sugar and baking powder.
4. Season with salt and pepper; mix well.
5. In a skillet, melt butter and toss the breadcrumbs... - 46.9261
Creamy Turnip Soup
1) Take a Dutch oven and combine the first 8 ingredients in it.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables become tender.
3) Take an electric blender and spoon the vegetable mixture into it.... - 45.6887
Mashed Turnips And Potatoes
1. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot layer the turnips, potatoes and onions.
2. Pour enough water to cover the vegetables.
3. Cover the pot with its lid.
4. Slow cook the vegetables on HIGH for about 4 hours or if you are not in a hurry and want to... - 45.6523
Whipped Turnip And Apple
1. In a bowl, put together rutabaga with salt and pepper; mash well.
2. On top of the double boiler over very heat, place the mashed rutabaga to keep warm.
3. In a saucepan, put together apples, water and lemon juice; simmer for about 10... - 44.2271
Peel turnip, chop into 1/2" cubes.
Place in a saucepan with the stock.
Bring to the boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 25 minutes.
Drain, reserving stock for another use, such as soup.
Mash the turnips very well.
There should be about 3... - 44.0054
Potato Turnip Puree
1) In a large saucepan, place the turnips and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
2) Cover the saucepan, reduce the heat and gently simmer for about 20 minutes, till the turnips are soft.
3) Drain the turnips and place them in the container of a food... - 43.1268
1) In a bowl, combine the grated turnips and onions together.
2) In another bowl, mix the salt, vinegar, prepared horseradish, sugar and cayenne pepper together.
3) Pour over the vegetable mixture; blend thoroughly.
4) Refrigerate the 5 1/2 cups... - 37.4316
Golden Turnip Scallop
1. In a 6 cup baking dish, add the turnips, ¾ of the chopped apples, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. On top of this mixture, add another layer of apples and dot with butter or margarine. Cover with baking lid.
3. In a moderate oven at 350... - 36.7959
Holiday Series: Turnip Greens With Turnips & Ham Hocks
I decided to take this opportunity to show you how I make my Turnip Greens with Turnips. Turnips are a really easy vegetable to work with and they're also great mashed into potatoes. Turnip Greens really cook down so If you're going to make this recipe for a... - 0