- » Holiday Pastry
Holiday Pastry Recipes
Enjoy our collection of holiday pastry recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for holiday pastry recipes.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pastry Cups
Planning to serve something exceptional at your kid's birthday party? These crispy and puffy peanut butter cups with chocolate and marshmallow are just excellent as party treats. Watch the video to learn the cooking method. - 134.909
Fillet Of Beef In Pastry
During the holidays, you can impress your guests with a recipe that is a delight to the eyes as well as the palate, like this beautiful fillet of beef in pastry. - 128.983
Pineapple Pastry With Microwave Eggless Sponge Cake
Pastries are not only meant to be tedious and time consuming. Try this Microwave Cake recipe for hassle-free ending. Like with any pastries the magic lies in the sponge sheet. You get that right and everything will be just so easy. Try your hands on this very... - 126.946
Filo Pastry Apple Strudel
If you are very wary when it comes to working with dough, for a classic strudel, this recipe is meant for you. This recipe won’t have you slaving in the kitchen for hours yet tastes like you did. Using purchased filo pastry sheets saves a lot of back... - 115.491
Crunchy Chocolate And Almond Pastry
Pastries are favorites of kids as well as adults and here is a recipe with chocolate. Check out Garry showing how to make Crunchy Chocolate Pastry with chocolate sauce and almond meal as the key ingredients. Great for parties or breakfast as well. - 108.186
Galette Des Rois Part 1: Pastry And Filling Preparation
For all those who are planning to celebrate Epiphany in typical French style, this video series is a must watch. The chef has divided the video in 2 sections. In this video the chef shows how to prepare puff pastry, pastry cream and almond cream filling prior... - 92.9708
French Financier Pastry
What better way to enjoy your evening tea than these yummy, light, moist, chewy, almond flavored French tea cakes. This video instructs you on how to bake delicious financier pastry at home. Excellent accompaniment with freshly brewed coffee or tea. - 88.5146
Lavender Pastry Cream
This video is all about making the pastry cream which the chef explains which can be customized your liking! Watch the video on how to get this going! - 84.1731
Homemade Persian Walnut Pastry Swirl - Part 1: Preparation
If you are nuts about walnuts, then you will surely enjoy making this Persian dessert delicacy at home. Perfect in taste and texture, this delightful, sweet tooth appeasing dish takes a little extra effort to make, but then all the toil is worth it. Tart your... - 76.1602
Puff Pastry With Apple Filling Part 1 - Preparation
A labor intensive appetizer or snack is the puff pastry with the apple filling. Part 1 of this video to get the puff pastry ready. Watch part 2 of the video to get the apple chopped. Be prepared for a part 3, 4 and 5 for the completion of this dish! - 75.6868
Puff Pastry With Apple Filling Part 2 - Preparation
Part 2 of this video is to get the apples prepped up! The dough is also kept aside to rise! A video which has some clean and clear directions! Stay out for part 3 of the video to see cream mixture being prepped! - 75.1076
Puff Pastry With Apple Filling Part 5 - Baking
Part 5 is the imperative part of the video where the puff pasty is folded and filled and baked to a perfect bite. This video is lengthy but every part is vital for the creation of this dish! - 74.6334
Puff Pastry With Apple Filling Part 3 - Preparation
Part 3 of this creaming of the butter and sugar as part of the whole ordeal. Clear directions, a home style video so you can’t expect a high class. Never the less the cook demonstrated very well. - 74.5532
Lemon Meringue Pie With Crisco Pastry
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) Bake the pastry as directed and cool it.
3) Combine together 1 cup of sugar, the flour, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan. Add the water and stir well.
4) Cook and stir the mixture over... - 48.7786
Seafood Quiche In Deep Dish 9 Inch Pastry
1) Allow the pasty shell to thaw
2) Preheat the oven to 375 F
3) Into a bowl, add the lemon juice and toss the cooked shrimp into it
4) Into another bowl, crack the eggs and beat well
5) Add in half the cornstarch, salt, dill weed and... - 48.6258
Tart And Pie Pastry
To make the dough by hand, in a bowl stir together the flour, sugar and salt.
Add the butter or shortening and, using a pastry blender, fingertips or 2 knives, cut the butter or shortening into the flour until crumbly and the mixture resembles oatmeal.
Then,... - 47.991
Lamb In Pastry Crust Lamb En Croute
1) Into a skillet, dab in the butter and saute the chicken livers
2) Place them into a bowl and mash them
3) In the remaining butter saute the onion and the mushrooms and then add to the mashed chicken liver
4) Add in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon... - 47.5515
Pear Strudel With Puff Pastry
1 Place a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 375 degrees farenheit.
2 Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2 In a medium bowl, toss the pears, rum, lemon juice, and zest. Mix in the sugar, raisins, and cinnamon.
3... - 46.306
Apple Sour Cream Pastry
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
2) Make the slices of apple and keep in a baking dish.
3) Bake in hot oven for 15 minutes. Keep the baked apples aside.
4) Take flour along with 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon in... - 46.2418
Steak And Kidney Pie With Glazed Flaky Pastry
Split kidney, remove the suet, soak in cold water and 1/2 tsp salt for hour.
Dry kidney, cut into 1/2" pieces.
Render suet over medium heat in a large, thick-bottomed saucepan.
Have butter handy.
Cut steak into 1" cubes.
Combine flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2... - 46
Salmon In Puff Pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5. Roll out two-thirds of the pastry into a large oval, measuring 35cm/14in in length. Cut into a curved fish shape and place on a lightly greased large baking sheet.
2. Use the trimmings to make narrow strips. Brush... - 45.6793
Shellfish In Puff Pastry
1. Lightly grease a large baking sheet and sprinkle it with a little water. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle slightly less than 5mm/1/4in thick. Using a sharp knife, cut into six diamond shapes about 13cm/ 5in long. Transfer... - 43.815
Homemade Plain Pastry
Sift flour and salt together; cut in shortening with pastry blender till pieces are the size of small peas.
Sprinkle water over, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing mixture after each addition.
Repeat till all is moistened.
Form into a ball.
(For double-crust and... - 42.5251
Ham In Puff Pastry
1. Visit the nearest meat shop and ask the butcher to bone part of the ham. Instruct him to leave the end bone just to make carving easier.
2. Wash and rub the ham properly and position in a large kettle.
3. Pre-heat the oven at... - 41.6288
Smoked Salmon Quiche With Potato Pastry
1. To make the pastry, cook the diced potato in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain well through a colander and return the potato to the pan. Mash until smooth and set aside to cool while you make the pastry.
2.... - 41.3434
Holiday Pastry Swirls
Cut peppers in half; discard seeds and membranes.
Place pepper halves, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with palm of hand.
Broil 3 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 5 minutes or until blackened and charred.
Place... - 40.8626
Roquefort Tart With Walnut Pastry
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour and 2.5ml/1/2 tsp salt into a bowl. Add some black pepper and the sugar. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then add the ground walnuts and stir well. Add the lemon juice and chilled... - 39.8139
Fillets Of Sea Bream In Filo Pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Cook the salad potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 15-20 minutes, until just tender. Drain and set aside to cool. Shred half the sorrel leaves by piling up six or eight at a time, rolling them up like a... - 37.8491
Crab In Puff Pastry
Prepare this elegant dish for the next special occasion. Flaky layers of puff pastry sandwich savory seafood and a creamy white wine sauce. - 37.1768
Nectarine Puff Pastry Tarts
1. Lightly butter a large baking sheet and sprinkle very lightly with water.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to a large rectangle, measuring about 40 x 25cm/15 x 10in and cut into six smaller rectangles.
3. Transfer the pastry to the... - 36.2448
Low Fat Pastry Dough
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
For pastry shell
1. Preheat oven to 475° F.
2. Cream in water and oil, add to flour, and using a fork toss. Shape into 2 balls.
3. Place the dough between two 12-inch square waxed paper and roll... - 36.2001
Spiced Orange Pastry
1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Using a pestle and mortar, crush the black seeds from the cardamom pods to a powder. Stir them into the flour with the cloves, orange rind and... - 34.4664
French Flan Pastry
1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Whisk the egg yolk, lemon juice and 30ml/2 tbsp of the water together in a bowl. Sprinkle over the dry ingredients. Stir in with a fork to... - 33.7467
1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Rub or cut in 25g/1oz/2 tbsp of the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Place the remaining butter between two sheets of clear film (plastic wrap) and gently beat it out into a... - 33.2175
Danish Pastry Apple Bars
1. In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Lightly beat egg yolk in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to egg yolk to make 2/3 cup liquid total; mix well.... - 32.9235
Short Cut Puff Pastry
1. Dice the butter and fat. Spread out on a plate and freeze for 10 minutes.
2. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the diced fat and stir to coat in flour. Make a well in the centre. Stir the lemon juice into the water and add to the dry... - 32.7785
1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. Stir the egg and oil into the water, add to the flour and mix to form a sticky dough.
2. "Beat" the dough by lifting it and slapping it down on to a lightly floured surface. Continue... - 32.7476
1. Sift the flours, salt and mustard powder into a mixing bowl. Rub or cut in the butter and fat until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Mix the egg yolk with the water and sprinkle over the dry ingredients. Mix to a dough.
2. Knead on a lightly floured... - 32.644
Rough Puff Pastry
1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the butter and mix with your fingertips to coat the butter with flour.
2. Stir the lemon juice into the water, then add to the dry ingredients and mix in with a round-bladed knife to make a soft dough. Don't... - 31.1638
1. Sift the flour with the cornmeal and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Mix the egg yolk with the chilled water, add to the dry ingredients and mix to a dough, adding a little... - 30.7138
1. Sift the flour, icing sugar and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Mix the eggs with the vanilla essence. Add to the dry ingredients and mix to a dough with a round-bladed knife.
3.... - 30.6337
1. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Rub or cut in 40g/1 1/2oz/3 tbsp of the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Pour over 120ml/ 4fl oz/1/2 cup of the water and, using a round-bladed knife, mix to a soft dough, adding more water if... - 29.7935
1. Cook the diced potatoes in a pan of salted boiling water until tender. Drain well and mash until smooth.
2. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Mix together the beaten egg and water, and... - 29.6887
Low Fat Flaky Pie Pastry
1. With two knives or pastry blender, cut margarine into a sieve flour and salt mixture until the mixture is of cornmeal consistency.
2. Add ice water to the mixture, toss with a fork and shape into a ball. Allow to chill for 20 minutes.
3. Halve the... - 29.3801
1. Sift the flour and salt together into a mixing bowl. Cut the fat into the flour using a pastry blender or use your fingertips to rub it in. Shake the bowl occasionally to bring any large pieces of fat to the top. Blend until the mixture resembles fine... - 29.3205
Not So Danish Pastry
In small bowl combine cottage cheese with sweetener, extract, and cinnamon.
Spread on toast and place under broiler until hot and bubbly. - 27.9718
Cream Cheese Pastry
1. Sift the flour, salt and caster sugar into a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese and diced butter to the bowl.
2. Using the back of a fork, mix the butter and cream cheese into the flour to make a soft, smooth dough. Form into a ball and flatten slightly to... - 27.7672
Short Cut Flaky Pastry
1. Put the butter into the freezer for about 40 minutes, or until very hard. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and chill while the butter is hardening.
2. Holding the butter in a piece of foil, coarsely grate it into the flour, working quickly. Stir... - 27.4335
Rich Shortcrust Pastry
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Mix the egg yolk and water together. Sprinkle over the dry ingredients and mix in lightly to form a soft dough.
3. Gather the dough... - 27.4139
Olive Oil Pastry
1 .Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl, use a fork to whisk the egg, olive oil and water together.
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour and salt, add the egg mixture and stir with a fork, gradually incorporating the surrounding flour... - 27.2415
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl.
2. Stir in the shredded suet, followed by most of the chilled water (you may need a little less or more) and mix with a fork or spoon to form a soft dough.
3. Knead on a lightly floured surface for a few... - 27.2165
Hot Water Crust Pastry
1. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Gently heat the fat and water in a pan until the fat has melted. Increase the heat and bring to the boil. Pour the hot liquid into the dry ingredients and mix to a soft dough.
2. Knead in... - 25.7278