- » Holiday Eggplant
Holiday Eggplant Recipes
Enjoy our collection of holiday eggplant recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for holiday eggplant recipes.
Indian Eggplant Tomato Curry
This Indian eggplant tomato curry is an authentic eggplant preparation, which you should try to bring a variation in your regular menu. Eggplant is a versatile vegetable which can be used in various ways. The gravy is extremely delicious and can be served on... - 133.383
Holiday Special Eggplant Salad Platter
Chef Melody shares some cooking ideas for the 4th of July Holiday. She shows how to make Eggplant Salad Platter. This is an amazing recipe and I'm sure you're family will like it. - 125.728
Eggplant And Tofu
For all those moms who’s kids do not like eating eggplant, this video is a must watch. Here the chef provides step by step instructions to make eggplant combined with kid’s favorite tofu and oyster sauce. An easy, tasty and filling dish which is full of... - 79.6986
1. In a large mixing bowl, place eggplants and sprinkle coarse salt; toss to mix.
2. Let it stand for 30 minutes until the eggplants releases water.
3. Drain and pat dry on paper towels.
4. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
5. Line a baking sheet... - 51.4802
Clam And Eggplant Casserole
This amazingly delicious clam and eggplant casserole is any seafood lover's dream come true. Delicious flavors and aromas all there to please your senses. You are going to fall in love with it at the veery sight itself - 50.5451
Baked Clams And Eggplant
Does eating good food make you happy, why not try this extremely delicious recipe on Baked Clams and Eggplant? Relatively simple, this Baked Clams and Eggplant doesn't take much of your time, but leaves you with utmost satisfaction of having made something... - 50.4887
1. Lengthwise slice eggplant and cut into half.
2. Scoop the inner pulp leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells.
3. Season the inner side of each shell with salt and keep aside.
4. Cut the eggplant pulp into small cubes.
5. In a small bowl, mix half of... - 50.4314
Eggplant Au Gratin
In 2-quart casserole, combine eggplant, tomato, onion, garlic and water.
Microwave at High for 10 to 15 minutes, or until eggplant is tender, stirring twice.
Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
Place butter in 2-cup... - 50.4094
Moorish Curried Rice And Eggplant
1. In a large saucepan or a stock pot, wash and soak the rice in 4 ½ cups water.
2. Wash the egg plants and cut off the stems.
3. Using a sharp paring knife, peel the eggplant so as to remove the skin.
4. Slice the fleshy part into ½ inch... - 50.0418
1) Into a skillet, pour in some oil and allow to heat up
2) Add in the onions and the garlic and saute till soft
3) Add in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, basil and oregano
4) Cover with a lid and bring to a gentle boil
5) Lower the... - 49.6759
Eggplant Madewood Style
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a bowl, soak the bread in water.
3) Coat the bottom of a casserole with butter.
4) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and sautÃ© bell peppers, onions, and celery until soft.
5) Stir in the ham and cook... - 49.5113
1) Into large bowl, place the eggplant and add in salt
2) Allow to stand for about 10 minutes
3) Drain the water and pat dry the egg plant
4) Into a skillet, add in the oil
5) Tip in the celery and saute for 5 minutes
6) Add in the onion and saute... - 49.0347
Baingan Bharta is a popular Eggplant Curry that goes well with Indian Bread/Rotis/Chapathis. Traditionally the eggplant is roasted directly over flame/fire until the skin shrivels and peels off easily. Roasting the eggplant over fire gives it a smoky flavor... - 48.4203
Eggplant And Cheese Casserole
Preheat oven to 350°.
Lightly grease casserole dish.
Peel and dice eggplant into 2 inch cubes.
Boil in salted water about 15 minutes.
Drain well and mash.
Saute bell pepper, garlic, onion, and celery in olive oil.
Add sauteed vegetables to mashed... - 48.2889
Grilled Veal Chops With Miso Sauce And Fried Eggplant
1) Miso Sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine the miso sauce, chicken stock, sesame seeds, brown sugar, chili pepper flakes, garlic and ginger; mix thoroughly.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil; then remove from heat and keep aside.
3) Veal... - 48.1619
Sweet Pepper, Eggplant, Tomato, And Arugula Sandwich
1. Start preparing a charcoal, wood, or gas grill or preheat the broiler
2. In a colander, place the eggplant and season with salt, and let the slices stand upright in it, for 60 minutes
3. On a grill, place the peppers and roast... - 48.0781
1. Divide mozzarella cheese in half. Dice one half and slice remainder into 12 equally thin slices.
2. Trim ends and pare eggplant then slice lengthwise into 12 thin slices.
3. In a shallow dish, lighly beat 2 of the eggs with a fork until well... - 47.97
Eggplant And Meat Patties Parmigiana Casserole
1. Wash eggplant and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, seasoned salt and pepper and coat over eggplant slices.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a medium bowl, gently mix together ground... - 47.9497
Aubergine Eggplant And Tomato Pie
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Coat the bottom of a ovenproof dish with butter.
3) In a saucepan, saute together tomatoes, onions, carrots, celery, oregano, basil sugar and seasoning.
4) Put the lid on and cook over low heat for 30... - 47.812
Grilled Eggplant, Tomatoes, Provolone And Pesto Sandwiches
1) In a portable container place the eggplant slices on paper towels.
2) Rub salt and drizzle with olive oil.
3) Cover tightly.
4) Pack baguette, pesto, tomato, cheese and arugula separately. Pack everything other than the cheese in a picnic basket.
5)... - 47.0599
Eggplant And Feta Cheese Salad
1) Slice eggplants lengthwise and score flesh diagonally, creating a diamond pattern.
2) Brush all over with 1/3 cup oil. Sprinkle pepper, salt and 1 teaspoon oregano.
3) Broil or grill eggplants 4-inches away from heat, keeping the cut... - 46.9568
1) Wash the bell peppers and cut them into halves.
2) Remove the seeds and keep the bell peppers aside.
3) Take oil in a saucepan and heat it.
4) Put onions and eggplant cubes. Cook for 5 minutes.
5) Put rice, water and salt.
6) Cover... - 46.9556
1) Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
2) Take a casserole dish and grease it.
3) Take a bowl and mix sugar, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Keep the mixture aside.
4) Take a greased casserole and arrange a layer of eggplant.
5) Now add the... - 46.9432
Herb & Nut Stuffed Aubergines
1) Preheat oven to moderate temperature before baking.
2) Slice aubergines into two pieces lengthwise and with a knife point, run round the edge, just inside the skin.
3) Make slits across in many places and add salt and keep aside for 30... - 46.8264
Classic Greek Moussaka
Preheat oven to 350° F.
To prepare cream sauce: Place butter in top of double boiler over hot water.
Add egg yolks one at a time.
Beat constantly with rotary or hand electric beater.
Add 1/4 cup water, cream, and Parmesan cheese.
Continue to beat until sauce... - 46.7415
Red Pepper Corn And Eggplant Stuffing
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the stock to a boil over medium heat.
2. Lower the heat and simmer the stock until it is reduced to half. Keep aside for later use.
3. In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil, over medium... - 46.6921
Greek Picnic Pie
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir in the basil, then rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over most of the water and mix to a dough, adding more water if required. Wrap in clear... - 46.5964
Spanish Eggplant Bake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Use 2 teaspoons of salt to sprinkle both sides of the eggplant slices.
3) Between several thicknesses of paper towels, place the eggplant slices and weight down with a plate. Allow to stand for 1... - 46.5169
1. Lengthwise cut eggplants into ¾ inch slices; do not peel.
2. Generously apply a mixture of parsley, paprika, garlic and oregano on both sides of the slices.
3. Line a broiler rack with foil and apply tomato juice over it to... - 46.5111
Roasted Eggplant And Tapenade Tart
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F
2) Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper and brush with oil.
3) Peel and slice the eggplants lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices.
4) Separate the garlic cloves , peel and reserve 1 garlic clove.
... - 45.923
Garden Style Eggplant Parmesan
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees F or 230 degrees C.
2.To make the sauce, in a large saucepan warm olive oil over medium heat.
3.Add in garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until translucent . Do not allow to brown.
4.Add in tomatoes ,... - 45.5917
1. Parboil the aubergines, strain and let cool.
2. Then slice each aubergine in half lengthwise and scoop out some of the aubergine, leaving a hollow in the centre.
3. In a saucepan mix the minced meat with the chopped onion and fry.
4. Add half of the... - 45.2465
Boil eggplant in salted water.
Drain and mash.
Saute onion, garlic and green pepper in bacon fat.
Add eggplant and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in bread crumbs, egg, milk, butter, salt and pepper to taste.
Pour into casserole.
Sprinkle top with cracker crumbs and... - 45.2175
Baked Eggplant With Vegetable Cheese Stuffing
1) Cut long pieces of eggplant with thickness of 1/8 inches.
2) Sprinkle little salt over the eggplant and let them stand in the room temperature for around 30 minutes.... - 45.0723
Eggplant And Oyster Casserole
Boil eggplant in salted water for 15 minutes.
Drain and mash.
Peel and stem mushrooms, letting stems and peel simmer in small amount of water for about 15 minutes.
Chop the mushroom caps and saute in butter.
In cooking oil, saute onions and garlic... - 45.0107
This is a traditional Bengali side dish which can be had with chapatti or roti. - 44.9436
Brinjal Methi And Aloo Sabzi
In a pan add oil,when it is hot add mustard seeds.
When it starts to splutter add onion and fry till golden brown.
Then add methi leaves,ginger and garlic paste and fry till it turns soft.
Now add brinjal,aloo,tomato,water and allow themto cook and tomato... - 44.7256
Wild Rice With Sauteed Eggplant And Mushrooms
1. In a saucepan, bring to a boil a cup of water and half a teaspoon of salt, add rice to it, cover and allow to simmer for an hour; drain and set aside
2. In the rest of the water, dissolve the rest of the salt and soak the eggplant slices in it for... - 43.5405
Coconut Eggplant Curry
Cut eggplant into 3 inch long pieces and soak them in warm salty water for 10 mins. Drain and pat dry.
Heat 3 tbs oil in a skillet and fry the eggplant until they turn slightly soft and change color. Drain excess oil on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
Grind... - 43.5329
Mediterranean One Crust Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/ Gas 7. To make the pastry, sift both the flours into a bowl, tipping the bran into the bowl. Rub or cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then stir in the Parmesan. Mix in just enough chilled water... - 43.3071
Eggplant Ratatouille With Tomato
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In 5-quart casserole dish, combine onions, green pepper, oil and garlic; heat, covered, 4 to 5 minutes, stirring once.
Add remaining ingredients; cover.
TO HEAT BY TIME Set Power Select at MEDIUM for 25 minutes, stirring... - 43.3063
* Cook 1 cup basmati rice with 2 cups of water and 1/4 tsp of salt.
* Heat oil in a big non stick pan and add mustard seeds and let it splutter, then add urad dal chana dal, 1 dry red chilli, curry leaves and onions, fry till golden brown.
* Now add the... - 42.9997
Melanzane Alla Varmigiana
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees centigrade.
2. Rub a shallow 3-pint baking and serving dish with oil.
3. Sprinkle both sides of the aubergine slices with salt and spread them out in one layer on a flat dish or board. Pat the... - 42.8529
Lime Orange Conserve
1) Take out orange peel in quarters.
2) Remove center membrane and seeds. Dice the pulp.
3) Using food chopper coarse blade peel it.
4) In water place the peel and boil. Cook for about 20 minutes till done.
5) Add pulp and juice to the rind.
6) Cook... - 42.5086
Multigrain Burritos With Mushroom & Eggplant
Spray a large frying pan with oil and allow to heat. Add mushrooms and onions and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sodft, about 3 minutes.
Add eggplant, garlic, and chilli, cover, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer until eggplant is... - 42.0098
Ratatouille And Fontina Strudel
1. Layer all the diced aubergine in a colander, sprinkling each layer with salt. Drain over the sink for 20 minutes, then rinse well and pat dry.
2. Heat the oil in a large, heavy frying pan, add the onion, garlic, peppers and aubergine and gently fry over a... - 41.1462
1. In a large saucepan heat the oil and fry all the peeled and chopped vegetables together.
2. Then add the herbs, season, cover and simmer gently till vegetables are tender.
3. Add capers and olives and stir well.
4. Serve hot or cold with... - 40.3399
Aubergines Stuffed And Baked
1. Boil unpeeled aubergines for 5 minutes.
2. Cool. Halve lengthwise and remove a little of the pulp to leave thick shells.
3. Boil rice and cool.
4. Brown chopped onions in fat.
5. Add the. diced, peeled tomatoes, grated garlic and the chopped brinjal... - 39.3897
The best combination for this gravy is Chicken/Mutton Biriyani. This is one thing that I miss. When we have a get together this will be a sure dish in the menu. - 39.3398
Baby Aubergines With Herbed Greek Yogurt
1. To make the herbed Greek yogurt, in a bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
2. Make half lengthways slices out of all the baby aubergines keeping them attached to their stalks.
3. Using a small brush, coat the aubergines with olive... - 39.2143
Szechuan Garlic Eggplant
Cut eggplants into 2 inch long pieces. Sprinkle salt and leave for 15 minutes; Then wash the pieces in luke warm water.
Add black pepper powder and toss corn starch on to the eggplant pieces. Mix with hands so that the cornstarch lightly coats the pieces.... - 38.241
Melanzane Alla Parmigiana - Aubergine With Parmesan
1. Slice the aubergines.
2. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
3. Take a nonstick frying pan and brown the sliced aubergines until they become soft inside.
4. Take a serving platter, arrange fried aubergines, and top them with tomato slices,... - 38.1295
Rich Eggplant Parmesan
Set Power Select at HIGH.
Pierce skin of eggplant several times; arrange eggplant on paper towel on glass oven tray.
Heat 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 minutes or until eggplant is almost tender; let cool, then peel, if desired, and slice into 1/2-inch pieces.
Meanwhile,... - 38.0943
Cut eggplants into 1" cubes .
Cut the red chillies into 3 pieces and crush each flakes of garlic a bit.
Now heat oil in a pan and add garlic and fry till golden.
Now add red chillies and saute for 15 seconds.
Now add eggplant pieces and drumstick pieces... - 37.5417
Eggplant Cheese Stacks
1) Cut the peeled eggplant into 6-8 slices about 1/2" thick.
2) Cover and cook in boiling water for about 2-3 min; drain the eggplant well.
3) Between 2 slices of eggplant, place a cheese slice; trim to fit well.
4) In a bowl, mix the beaten egg and... - 37.324
1) In the oven, bake the eggplant till the skin turns a dark brown at 474 F
2) Once baked allow to cool and then peel the skin
3) Using a sharp knife, finely chop the eggplant to a pulp and add to a bowl.
4) Add in the onion, oil, lemon juice, salt,... - 37.1347
Grilled Eggplant Bruschetta With Prosciutto
1. Trim and slice the eggplant into twelve 1/2-inch rounds. Place the rounds in a colander, sprinkling them with the table salt. Place a plate on top to weight them; set the colander over a bowl and set aside for 1 hour.
2. Prepare a medium charcoal fire or... - 35.8564
Veal And Eggplant Kebabs
Cut the veal into 1" (2 1/2 cm) cubes and place in a bowl, add the marinade and baste.
Refrigerate for 2 1/2-3 hours, basting occasionally.
Peel the eggplant and dice, place in a bowl and sprinkle with salt.
Set bowl aside for 30 minutes, then drain eggplant,... - 34.8275
1. Fry aubergines in oil in a large deep frying pan for 5 mins, until browned and soft. Remove, then add peppers to the pan. Cook for 5 mins, until soft, then return aubergines to the pan. Add onions and tomatoes, then simmer for 15 mins.
2. Add capers and... - 34.1586
1. Apply 1/2 tsp oil to the eggplant and bake it in a preheated oven in (500 F) for about 30 minutes. (You can also cook it on a grill)
2. Allow it to cool and peel the outer skin. Nicely mash the pulp.
3. Crush green chillies, salt and asafoetida together... - 33.8291
1. Place eggplant and red peppers, skin side up, under a preheated hot grill and cook for 10 minutes or until flesh is soft and skins are blackened. Peel away blackened skin and roughly chop flesh.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add... - 32.9926
Stir Fried Pork With Eggplant And Zucchini
1. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add garlic and stir 1 minute. Add pork and cook 2 minutes, using a wooden spoon to break up meat. Add broth and stir-fry sauce and bring to boiling. Boil 3 minutes.
2. Add eggplant and cook,... - 32.8885
first chop brinjal and keep inside the water.keep a bowl on gas when it is heat put mustard allow till it splutter,then add curry leaves,onion and fry till it changes its colour to brown,then add chopped methi leaves fry till it becomes soft,now add ginger... - 22.8509
Baby Eggplant Salad
Nutritiously rich and appetizingly inviting, this Baby Eggplant salad is an incredibly tasting accompaniment to be partnered with any meal. Serve it along with a dipping sauce as an appetizer, even then it tastes awesome! - 16.8305