- » High Protein Greek
High Protein Greek Recipes
Enjoy our collection of high protein greek recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for high protein greek recipes.
How To Make Spiced Lamb Kebobs
Want to serve something real spicy and delicate preparation to your guests - try with the spiced lamb kebabs. These are really gorgeous in taste, offering a combined flavor of spices and fresh herbs. Give time to marinate the meat and then it is just grilling... - 131.15
Homemade Mediterranean Or Greek Yogurt From Scratch
Make your own homemade Greek yogurt by watching this video. Making your own homemade yogurt is a great way to have a treat that is free of preservatives, chemicals and artificial flavors. It is easy. Tastes a lot better than anything you can buy in a store... - 125.634
Grilled Greek Style Turkey Burger
If you are planning to spend a long weekend with your friends and you are yet to decide on the food, then this grilled turkey burger is one of the best choices. Take your time to prepare the burgers in advance and serve it warm when your friends are around.... - 123.839
How To Make Tzatziki Sauce
If a thick and delicious sauce is what you are searching for, then you can consider this choice. The Greek tzatziki sauce has a traditional touch and you can serve with any main dish or appetizers. Watch the video and learn the easy process. - 120.738
Wonderful, authentic Sephardic style fillo triangles filled with spinach and feta cheese. - 116.072
Greek Lentil Salad
If you are inspired by Greek cuisine, here is an authentic Greek salad which definitely should not be missed. Prepared by combining the goodness of green lentils, yellow beet, cheese and spices, this salad is less time consuming and involves minimal cooking.... - 114.437
Creamy Greek Quesadilla
These creamy Greek quesadillas is definitely the change you were hoping for. If you are on a fatless diet, then use low-fat or non-fat dairy products; otherwise, indulge yourself in a creamy and cheesy fair. The process is quite easy and you can pop up any... - 108.135
This age old recipe of stifado is a great beef dish. A true meat lover's fantasy as it doesn't have a lot of ingredients in it and all it asks for is a long cooking time. So whenever you have a lot of time but you are too lazy to spend it in the kitchen, use... - 106.755
How To Make Greek Yogurt At Home 自制酸奶
This is the time to try some new yogurt. This Greek yogurt is very simple to make and integrates probiotics in the regular diet. This helps in proper digestion and increases the body's defense. See the recipe right away!!! - 106.149
Chicken With Hilopites
1. Cut chicken into chunks and wash it well.
2. In a large cooker, heat oil and drop onion in it. Cook until light golden.
3. Drop chicken, and cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour wine, and let it boil for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Pour... - 99.8323
1. De-salt codfish in water.
2. Slice potatoes and season it with salt. Set aside.
3. In a baking dish, put pieces of codfish skin down.
4. Add potato, tomato, olive oil, and Daphne leaves.
5. Throw green onion, parsley, rosemary, and black... - 99.5973
The Greek Cook:lentils
Lentils are nutritious and can be prepared in many ways to turn out deliciously. Here is a recipe to cook lentils with a few flavorings and which can be had with a simple garnish or alongside breads or rice. Simple pleasure! - 95.6761
The Greek Cook:strapatsada
Greek cuisine also includes economical food ideas or recipes that easily meet the day to day needs. Here is one such popular recipe called Strapatsada made using tomatoes, eggs and some simple seasonings. Good to accompany bread or fries. - 95.0574
The Greek Cook:creamy Chicken
Looking for dinner ideas to surprise your spouse this valentine's? Here is a recipe to cook creamy chicken with chicken pieces, creamy milk and some common seasonings in Greek style. Great when served with fried potatoes. - 94.671
The Greek Cook:fish In The Oven
Planning a romantic dinner with your dear one? Here is a fish recipe that you must try. Chef Vassilis shows how to cook medium sized fish with some simple seasonings in the oven and serve with a simple sauce. Great to accompany wine! - 92.7325
The Greek Cook:sutzukakia
Meatballs make good breakfast, lunch and even snacks and here is a recipe from Greek cuisine to make them. Chef Vassilis shows how to make Sutzukakia or meatballs and simmer them in tomato gravy. Soulfully appetizing! - 92.1524
Low Calorie Flavorful Greek Salad
Want to know what Mediterranean food is all about? In this video, chef buff speaks about the basic ingredients that makes a Mediterranean dish Mediterranean. And later goes on to show the recipe for a basic Low Calorie Flavorful Greek Salad. - 87.7773
Grilled Chicken Kebabs And Greek Salad
A Greek style platter with grilled chicken kebabs on a bed of a salad with olives, tomatoes and feta can never go wrong. This one here helps you to recreate a restaurant style dish at home. Easy to make, it is a must try especially if you want to fix up... - 85.8868
What could be more comforting on cold winter nights than a piping hot bowl of beef stew prepared the Greek style. In this video, the chef prepares a traditional Greek stew using chunks of meat. The only thing that sets this dish apart is that it is usually... - 82.9346
Lenten Spinach Pie
Start by making the pastry.
Sift the flour with the salt and baking powder.
Mix in about 75 ml (3 fl oz) water, a little at a time, until the dough is gooey, but not wet.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus another teaspoonful, and a little more flour, if... - 49.6714
Lamb Pie With Curly Endive And Herbs
To roast the lamb you need an iron or earthenware pot fitted with a tight lid.
Cut the meat into large pieces and place in the pot with the bones, cinnamon, clove, peppercorns, bay leaves, garlic, saffron and its liquid.
Mix the flour with enough water to... - 49.094
Country Style Terrine Of Liver
Put all the meats, garlic and spices together in a bowl and mix well.
Put the mixture in a 15-cm (6-in) souffle dish or ovenproof terrine and press down well.
Arrange the bacon rashers over the top and put on the bay leaves.
Cover lightly with a piece of... - 48.6213
Greek Macaroni Spinach Casserole
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 12x8 inch baking dish.
3. Following instructions on the package, cook macaroni and drain.
4. In a bowl, toss drained macaroni with melted butter.
5. In a skillet, heat oil and... - 48.5158
Lamb Or Kid Terrine
Make the pelte, or jelly, for this dish a day ahead, as chilling and skimming is the best way.
Put the lamb (or kid) shanks and the veal bone in a pot and add about 1 litre (2 pt) cold water to cover.
Bring to the boil, uncovered (to keep the broth from... - 48.2072
Put the chicken(s) in a large pot with the poaching ingredients.
Barely cover with water, bring to the boil, and cover tightly.
Simmer very slowly for 45 minutes-1 hour - until the chicken is falling from the bones.
Remove from its juice.
When the chicken is... - 47.9417
Lentil Soup With Spinach
In a large pot, about 7 litres (12 pt) capacity, fry the chopped onions and leek in the olive oil over low heat until transparent.
Add the carrots, potatoes, garlic, parsley, bay leaves, clove, thyme and oregano, and sprinkle with pepper.
Stir over a... - 47.8722
Spinach And Cottage Cheese Pies
1.Wash spinach thoroughly, pat dry, trim away stems.
Place spinach in large saucepan, cover, bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer, covered, for about 3 minutes or until spinach is tender.
Pour into colander or strainer to drain; cool to room... - 47.7431
Mediterraneam Pizza With Shrimp And Feta
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Coat a baking sheet with no-stick spray.
Sprinkle with the cornmeal.
Unroll the pizza dough and spread on the prepared sheet.
Bring the water to a simmer in a small saucepan.
Add the shrimp and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until... - 47.6792
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a heavy pot, place the slightly damp dandelion greens.
3) Cover and steam over medium-high heat until just wilted, for 1 to 2 minutes, tossing the greens in between.
4) Drain well, then place the... - 47.6082
Gyro Style Pockets
Partially freeze lamb; cut on the bias into thin bite-size strips.
Halve cucumber lengthwise; trim offends and scoop out seeds.
Cut cucumber into 1/4-inch slices.
For sauce, stir together yogurt, flour, bouillon granules, oregano, garlic powder, thyme, and... - 47.5652
Flatten chicken breasts to 1/8-in thickness; set aside.
In a food processor or blender, combine the cheese, olives, 1 tablespoon oil and oregano; cover and process until mixture reaches a thick chunky paste consistency.
Spread over chicken breasts; roll up... - 47.3828
For avocado salsa, in a small bowl stir together avocado, tomato, taco sauce, onion, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Cover and chill till ready to use.
In a medium mixing bowl stir together egg and taco sauce.
Stir in oats, chili peppers, chili powder, and salt.
Add... - 47.3231
Crunchy Tuna Pockets
1) In a colander, place the tuna under cold rap water for 1 minute.
2) Drain the tuna for 1 minute by keeping the colander aside.
3) In a medium bowl, add tuna and next 5 ingredients to combine by gentle tossing.
4) In a small bowl, add... - 47.2182
Cube the aubergines and soak them in heavily-salted water for 30 minutes or more.
Drain well and pat dry.
In a large heavy-bottomed pot (or flameproof casserole) fry the onions in 4 tablespoons olive oil over gentle heat until transparent.
Sprinkle with sugar... - 47.1748
Avocado Terrine With Salsa Vinaigrette
1. For the terrrine, blanch spinach and line the mould with it
2. Blach the other one-and-three-quarter ounces of spinach, dip it in icy water and leave it to dry; when dry blend it into a puree in the blender
3. In another blender, puree avocado with... - 47.0823
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Bone the leg and make walnut size pieces.
3. In an ovenproof pan add olive oil and heat. Add meat and brown it over all itssides.
4. Combine onion and stir well.
5. Mix tomatoes, savory, garlic, pepper and... - 46.9142
1. In a skillet add olive oil and heat. Combine onions and saute till they are transparent.
2. Combine ground meat and cook till it crumbles.
3. Add pignolias, salt, pepper, rice, dill, tomato paste and 3/4 cup water. Add salt and pepper ( if using... - 46.8764
Cook macaroni according to package directions.
Stir together macaroni, egg whites, 1/3 cup Parmesan, and 1/4 cup milk.
In a skillet cook pork and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender.
Drain off fat.
Stir in tomato sauce, cinnamon,... - 46.8648
Classic Greek Moussaka
Preheat oven to 350° F.
To prepare cream sauce: Place butter in top of double boiler over hot water.
Add egg yolks one at a time.
Beat constantly with rotary or hand electric beater.
Add 1/4 cup water, cream, and Parmesan cheese.
Continue to beat until sauce... - 46.7415
Lemon Greek Chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine lemon zest, juice, garlic and oil.
3. Add oregano and season with salt and black pepper. Keep aside for later
4. Cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges.
5. Combine potatoes,... - 46.713
Greek Picnic Pie
1. To make the pastry, sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir in the basil, then rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over most of the water and mix to a dough, adding more water if required. Wrap in clear... - 46.5964
Paprika Lamb Stew
1) Seed the peppers and cut into strips.
2) Peel and finely chop the onions.
3) Peel and crush the garlic.
4) Dice the bacon.
5) Cut the meat into cubes .
6) Heat a flameproof casserole, add the onions, garlic and bacon and fry over a... - 46.4618
Rinse eggplant and pat dry; cut off and discard stem end and cut eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Brush eggplant slices liberally on both sides with oil; arrange in a single layer in a shallow pan.
Bake in a 475° oven, turning if needed, until eggplant... - 46.4068
Sesame Chicken Kabobs
In a bowl, combine the sherry or broth, soy sauce, onions, preserves, oil, garlic, ginger, hot pepper sauce and 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds.
Pour 1/3 cup into another bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate.
Pour remaining marinade into a large re-sealable... - 46.3976
1) In a plate arrange slices of aubergine (eggplant) and sprinkle salt on it. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
2) Soak excess liquid with absorbent paper towels.
3) Heat 6 tablespoon oil and fry the slices on both sides till brown.
4) Drain out... - 46.3473
Spicy Fruit Kabobs
1. In a large mixing bowl, into the minced lamb add 2 tablespoons water, garlic powder and salt and pepper according you your taste.
2. Use your hands to mix well.
3. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape ping pong size balls.
4. Skewer... - 46.3243
Herbed Roast Leg Of Lamb
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F and prepare a roasting pan by lining it with foil.
2. Wash leg of lamb thoroughly and pat dry on kitchen paper.
3. With a sharp, thin, pointed knife make insertions 11/4 inch apart, all over the leg.
4.... - 46.1685
Grecian Spinach Pie
Mix spinach, parsley, dill and scallions in large bowl; sprinkle with salt.
Drain; squeeze out moisture.
Brown onions in oil; stir into spinach mixture.
Stir in cheese; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Stack 4 to 5 phylo in shallow oiled baking pan;... - 46.083
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F (180°C).
2) To prepare meat sauce, in a frying pan heat margarine.
3) Add ground beef and onion, stir-fry until brown.
4) Drain out beef from fat.
5) Mix the next 6 ingredients.
6) Stir fry and simmer... - 46.0328
1) Take a pan, heat oil, and fry eggplants on both sides.
2) Drain on paper towel.
3) Fry onion and garlic until brown and stir in tomato, tomato puree, lamb, and Tabasco sauce, allow to boil and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
4) Season to taste.
5)... - 45.9954
Greek Chicken With Capers, Raisins, And Feta
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.
Combine the flour and dried oregano in a shallow dish, and dredge chicken in flour mixture.
Heat oil in a large... - 45.8583
Barbecued Greek Sausages
1. Soak breadcrumbs in milk, then squeeze dry.
2. Combine with ground meat, grated onion and garlic.
3. Season, then mix well.
4. Shape into fat little sausages, about 2 inches long.
5. Coat with flour.
6. Brush with oil, and cook on the barbecue in a hinged... - 45.7873
Veal Shank Stifado
1) Set the oven to 350Â°F before baking.
2) In a paper bag, mix together flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
3) Roll veal in this flour mixture and shake off any excess.
4) In a large heavy casserole, over medium-high heat,... - 45.6449
Baked Bean Casserole
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.In a skillet, heat oil and cook onions and green peppers in it for 10 minutes.
3.Take a casserole dish, place alternate layers of beans with tomatoes and cooked vagetables.
4.Season the vegetables... - 45.5055
Tabbouleh With White Beans And Spinach
Place the bulgur in a colander and rinse under cold running water.
Drain and transfer it to a medium bowl.
Add the hot water and lemon juice and stir until combined.
Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Stir in the minced parsley and onions.
In a... - 45.2901
Turlu Dolma Lamb, Stuffed Tomatoes, Peppers And Squash
1. Slice off the tops of the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds and pulp reserving it for some other purpose.
2. Slice off the stem end of the peppers and scoop out the seeds and pith and discard.
3. Slice of 1 inch horizontally off each of the... - 45.1956
Phyllo Wrapped Chicken
1. Defrost the Phyllo pastry in the refrigerator, overnight. Remove it to room temperature, 2 hours before cooking time.
2. On a meat board, slice the chicken breasts, diagonally, into 3 slices from each breast.
3. In a bowl, season the chicken... - 45.0702
Time Honored Greek Lamb Leg Cooked In Paper
1. Trim fat from leg of lamb.
2. With point of sharp knife, make slits in lamb surface, including underside.
3. Press garlic slivers into slits.
4. Insert one large brown bag inside the other.
5. Slip lamb leg into paper bags and place in... - 44.9224
Greek Roast Veal
Lay the veal flat on a working surface.
Make incisions all over the meat and insert the garlic slivers.
Rub the meat with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the orange and lemon rinds and marjoram.
Roll up the meat and tie with string at 2-5 cm/1 in... - 44.9098
Saute the onion in 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet.
Add the beef and cook, stirring, until brown.
Add the tomato paste, water, spices, seasonings and wine and simmer until thickened.
Cook the macaroni in boiling, salted water until tender, then drain.
Melt... - 44.8823
Greek Lamb Patties
1) In a large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and sauté onion in it until soft.
2) Take a large bowl and mix together lamb with salt, pepper, mint, bread crumbs, tomato juice, and onion mixture in it until well-blended.
3) Figure the... - 44.8648
Chicken And Mushroom Kabobs
1. In a bowl mix together 1 teaspoon of the salt, the pepper, sage, thyme, cayenne pepper and garlic and set aside.
2. Let stand for about 1 hour.
3. Prepare the grill and position the oiled grill rack 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) the fire.
4. Cut the... - 44.8639
Warm Grecian Chicken Salad
Place chicken in pie plate.
Blend olive oil, vinegar, garlic, pepper, and fines herhes in small bowl; pour over chicken and marinate at least 1 hour before cooking.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with a little oil so it won't... - 44.8548
Lean Beef Moussaka
1. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C or Gas No. 4)
2. In a skillet, heat 1-tablespoon of the oil.
3. Add onion and sautÃ© for 5 minutes until limp.
4. Add the minced beef and brown with onion
5. Stir in the seasoning, tomato puree... - 44.841
1) Set the oven to 400Â°F before baking.
2) In a medium-size saucepan, cover the potato slices with cold water and allow it to come to a boil.
3) Bring down the heat slightly and partially cover and boil the slices gently for 8 to 10... - 44.765
Home Made Pasta With Duck
Make the pasta first.
Place the flour in a mound on a work surface or piece of marble and make a well in the centre.
Beat the eggs with the salt, 125 ml (4 fl oz) goat's milk (or water) and olive oil, then pour into the well.
Pull the flour into the mixture... - 44.7288
Greek Lamb Loaf
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) In a medium-size skillet, heat butter or margarine and sauté onion in it for 3 minutes.
3) Take off the mixture from heat and then add in carrot, potato, eggplant, and garlic, stirring to coat... - 44.7241
In a mixing bowl combine feta cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper.
Add meat, then mix well.
Shape meat mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick oval-shaped patties.
Place in a 10 x 6 x 2-inch baking dish.
Cover with waxed paper.
Micro-cook... - 44.6714
1. After peeling the eggplant and slice it into rounds.
2. Salt both sides and stand the slices in a colander to drain for 30 minutes.
3. Rinse the slices, squeeze out the moisture, and pat them dry.
4. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
5. Brush the slices on... - 44.5713
Grilled Gyro Kebabs
Preheat grill to high.
Mince lamb, onion, parsley, and garlic in a food processor.
(If using ground lamb, mince onion, parsley, and garlic in a food processor, then mix into meat.) Transfer to a bowl and blend in crumbs and seasonings.
Divide meat into 4... - 44.5503
Greek Vegetable Couscous
Combine water and broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
Remove from heat.
Add couscous; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat... - 44.4747
Fry onion and garlic in 2 tbs oil in a saucepan until soft.
Add lamb, mushrooms, tomato puree, parsley, stock, and salt and pepper.
Cover and simmer for 10 min.
Fry potatoes and aubergines in remaining oil for 8 min meanwhile.
Place a layer of aubergines in... - 44.4176
Low Fat Moussaka
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. Peel and slice eggplant into thin slices, about 1/2 inch.
3. In a large non-stick skillet, cook meat while breaking it using a fork.
4. Add the excess fat.
5. Stir in onions, tomatoes, parsley,... - 44.2054
Moussaka A La Turque
1. Halve the eggplants lengthwise; place, cut-side down, in 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Place baking pan on rack in oven; pour boiling water in pan to a depth of 1/2 inch.
2. Bake in moderate oven (375°) for 30 minutes, or till eggplant is soft when pressed... - 44.1361
Steak Hussar Style
Wash and wipe meat.
Beat with the flat end of a chopping knife.
Mix a little salt and pepper into the flour and dredge meat with it.
Melt 3 tbs butter and brown meat in it on both the sides.
Add lemon juice to a cup of water and pour over meat.
Cover and... - 44.0171
Greek Beef Stew
In Dutch oven heat cooking oil.
Add half of the beef, turning to brown on all sides; remove and set aside.
Repeat with the remaining beef and the garlic.
Return all meat to pan.
Add the 3 cups water, the wine, tomato paste, sugar, vinegar, salt, bay leaf, and... - 43.8162
Cut eggplant crosswise into about 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Brush cut sides of slices with 2 tablespoons of the oil, then arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
Bake in a 425° oven until browned and very soft when pierced (about 25 minutes).
While... - 43.746
Lamb Chops In Spicy Sauce
1. In a skillet add the shortening and brown chops and ham in it.
2. Remove the fat from the mixture.
3. Put the remaining ingredients into the skillet. Do not put noodles at this stage.
4. Keep cooking the ingredients for 45 minutes over low heat or... - 43.4818
1. In a bowl, put the bread and cover with the milk; leave to soak for 10 minutes.
2. Squeeze the bread dry, and then put in a blender with the remaining ingredients and work to a smooth puree.
3. Add seasoning and add more lemon juice.
4. To freeze:... - 43.3724
Chicken Salad Ambrosia
1. To make the dressing, in a bowl or jar, combine the dressing ingredients.
2. Whisk with a fork or close lid and shake until well amalgamated.
3. Chill the dressing until ready to serve, whisking or shaking before use.
4. Just before serving time,... - 43.2762
Greek Style Chicken And Bean Stew
1) In a large saucepan, saute the garlic and chicken over a medium-high heat, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes, until the chicken is brown and crumbled.
2) Stir in the mint, oregano and tomatoes with their juices, breaking the tomatoes with the... - 43.1777
Greek Style Bean Soup
Soak beans overnight in enough water to cover.
Rinse well, drain and set aside.
In a large soup pot, saute carrots, onion, celery, garlic, mint, bay leaves, parsley and fines herbes in olive oil until onion is golden brown.
Add tomato sauce, reserved beans... - 43.0843
Chicken With Sun Dried Tomatoes And Anchovies
In a flameproof casserole, heat the olive oil and fry the onions gently until transparent.
Add the chicken pieces and brown well on all sides.
Sprinkle with the clove, coriander, pepper and honey, then stir, adding some of the tomato liquid if it starts to... - 42.9504
Sardines With Haloumi And Spinach
Combine tomato, garlic and the oil in large baking dish; bake, uncovered, in hot oven about 20 minutes or until tomato is browned lightly.
Cook fish on grill plate (or grill or barbecue) about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Cook haloumi on same... - 42.9146
Arni Me Kolokythakia
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large saucepan add 1/4 cup olive oil.
3. Add lamb and brown in olive oil. Add onions and saute till transparent.
4. Add salt and pepper, dill and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes till lamb is... - 42.8517
Chicken And Apricot Filo Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F/Gas 6. Put the bulgur wheat in a bowl with 120 ml / 4 fl oz / 1/2 cup boiling water. Soak for 5-10 minutes, until the water is absorbed.
2. Heat 25 g / 1 oz / 2 tbsp of the butter in a pan, and gently fry the onion and... - 42.7781
Roast Loin Of Lamb Persille
1. With a damp clean kitchen cloth, wipe the joint.
2. Rub with salt.
3. With sharp tipped knife, make slashes at regular intervals.
4. Peel garlic and slice thinly.
5. Press garlic slivers into slits.
6. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C... - 42.7271
If you're using fresh salmon, freeze for at least 7 days at 0°F before curing to destroy any dangerous parasites.
If you buy frozen (or frozen and thawed) salmon, this step isn't necessary.
Rinse fish, pat dry, and rub with oil.
Mix sugar, salt, and crushed... - 42.6667
Roast Lamb En Croute
1. Use a damp clean kitchen towel to wipe the boned meat and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C or Gas No. 4)
3. In a skillet, melt the butter.
4. Add and sautÃ© the mushrooms until soft and moisture has evaporated.... - 42.5006
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Use damp paper towels to wipe fish. Make 6-8 slices of the fish by cutting it crosswise.
3. In a shallow 3 quart baking dish add olive oil and arrange the fish in half of the olive oil.
4. Use tomato slices to... - 42.4861
1. Cook beef, onion, and carrot in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well; return meat
mixture to pan. Add tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce... - 42.1915
Chicken With Figs In Red Wine
Arrange the chicken pieces and giblets in a heavy roasting dish.
Sprinkle with the spices and salt and massage into the flesh.
Distribute the onions, garlic, bay leaves and figs over and between the chicken pieces, pour in the wine and cover.
Cook in an oven... - 41.8677
Chopped Chicken Liver And Egg
Lightly fry 1 lb. chicken livers in 1 1/2 oz. butter.
Blend in a liquidizer.
Chop 3 hard-boiled eggs.
Add to chicken livers with 4 tablespoons grated onion, 1/2 teaspoon mustard and 3 tablespoons sour cream.
Salt and pepper to taste.
It must be... - 41.6223
Lamb Moussaka In Sauce
1. Cut the aubergines into 5 mm / 1/4 in thick slices. Layer the slices in a colander, sprinkling each layer with plenty of salt. Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse the aubergines in several changes of cold water. Squeeze gently with your fingers to... - 41.3814
Greek Style Chicken Salad In Tomato Tulips
1) Cut out 1/4 inch of the core from each tomato.
2) Invert the tomatoes and cut from the top to, but not through, the stem end, cut each tomato into 6 wedges.
3) Set aside.
4) Mix chicken, feta cheese, and ripe olives in a medium sized bowl.
5) Pour... - 41.2404
Greek Egg Lemon Soup
1) In a saucepan,allow water to boil.
2) Now add chicken broth and mix well until dissolved.
3) Add rice and cook until soft.
4) Remove from heat.
5) Allow the egg substitute to cool.
6) Slowly fold in lemon juice into egg substitute.
7) Whip half the... - 41.1707
Tuna Stuffed Lettuce Cups
1) Wash lettuce and remove the stems so that the head will stand up.
2) Next, pull the leaves backward and cut out hearts.
3) Combine tuna with mayonnaise, eggs, peas, onion, celery, salt, and pepper.
4) Stuff the lettuce heads with the... - 41.1295
Feta Chicken With Herbs
1. Spread out the chicken thighs, smooth side downward.
2. Divide the herbs among the chicken thighs, then cut the cheese into eight sticks. Place one stick of cheese in the center of each chicken thigh. Season well, then roll up the thighs to enclose the... - 41.1095