- » Hermit Cookie
Hermit Cookie Recipes
Hermit cookie is mostly made with a date and nut filling. Hermit cookies are called so because the date and nut filling hides a little dent in the cookie dough which seems like a little cave. The hermit and his cave ... More »
Hermit Cookie Bars
Hermit Cookie Bars has a supreme taste. Hermit Cookie Bars gets its taste from flour mixed with milk and eggs, topped with nuts. Hermit Cookie Bars is inspired by many bakeries around the world. - 42.5576
Cream the shortening and sugar and add the well-beaten eggs.
Sift 2 cups of flour with the soda and spices and add to mixture.
Add raisins and nuts mixed with rest of flour.
Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
Bake in a hot... - 34.7706
Thoroughly cream shortening and sugar; add eggs and beat well.
Sift dry ingredients together; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour milk.
Add nuts and fruits; drop by heaping teaspoons onto greased cooky sheet.
Bake in moderate oven (375Â°) 10 to 12... - 31.0561
Whole Wheat Hermits
Hermit cookies are delightful little cookies that are usually baked with a batter depressed in the center like a pit or a cave. These hermit cookies are baked with goodies like nuts, cherries, dates, fruits and raisins. Spiced with cinnamon , nutmeg and... - 46.4671
Hermit Bar Cookies
Hermit bar cookies are delightful square shaped cookies made with a variety of goodies. Baked with a batter of flour with eggs, molasses and a medley of spices, the hermit bar cookies also contain raisins and candied ginger. - 39.9933
Date And Raisin Hermits
Hermits are amazingly well flavored cookies that you really have to try at home. I served it at the last tea party and the guests loved it. Try this Hermits recipe and you will understand why. - 39.1832
Cream shortening; add sugar gradually and cream well.
Blend in eggs.
Dredge dates in 1/2 cup of the flour.
Add remaining flour, soda, salt and spices alternately with cold coffee.
Blend in floured dates and nuts.
Chill for an hour, then drop by teaspoon onto... - 38.3046
1. In a bowl, cream together, shortening, sugar, brown sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
2. Add sifted together, flour, salt, baking powder, ground cinnamon, mace, nutmeg and add raisins, walnuts to the creamed mixture and mix... - 43.2788
Spicy Hermits has a Pungent taste. The cinnamon, cloves and egg gives the Spicy Hermits Ostentatious taste. - 39.111
Sift together flour, soda and spices.
In another bowl, place all fruits and nuts.
Sprinkle some of the flour mixture over the fruits to separate them.
Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs and sour milk.
Add flour and fruits to the creamed mixture.
Drop by... - 35.4141
Cream shortening and sifted sugar together.
Add milk to beaten eggs.
Sift all dry ingredients together and add to the shortening mixture alternately with liquid ingredients.
Add nuts and raisins.
Mix well and drop by teaspoons onto a greased cookie... - 38.854
Sift flour, soda, salt and spices together 3 times.
Cream shortening with honey and sugar.
Add milk, dry ingredients, fruit and nuts and mix thoroughly.
Drop from teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 400Â°F. 10 to 12 minutes. - 35.5808
Heat oven to 375°.
Mix brown sugar, margarine, shortening, coffee, egg, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake until almost no indentation remains when... - 35.8423
Cinnamon Hermits are old fashioned cookies that are soft and mostly made in flavors like orange and ginger. The cinnamon hermits soft and chewy but also crunchy. These cookies are always enjoyed and liked by everyone. - 49.6805
Old Time Nutmeg Hermits
Old Time Nutmeg Hermits are tasty treat for the holidays. Hermits are much like cookies or cake. They are simple and easy to make. The method very much reminds of the cookies. Old time nutmeg hermits make a good food gift for Christmas. - 52.1547
Spiced Hermits Cookie
1. Start oven, set at Hot, 425° F. Rub a cookie sheet with margarine or shortening.
2. Sift the flour with the salt, baking powder and spices.
3. Combine the egg with the sugar and beat thoroughly. Stir in the flour mixture and mix well. Add the cooled... - 32.5899
Preheat oven to 350° F.and grease a 7 x 14-inch pan.
Mix raisins, currants, nuts, and flour.
Cream butter, add honey, molasses, eggs, sour cream or yogurt, and salt.
Mix flour, soda, cream of tartar, and spices.
Beat well, then stir in the floured... - 39.8559
Drop hermits are cookies made with a mix of raisins with nuts. Spiced with cinnamon and allspice, the drop hermits are made with cake flour and eggs, along with milk and brown sugar. Crunchy and delightful these drop cookies are a great treat anytime! - 48.6043
Aunt Tillie's Hermits
Cream the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs and a mixture of the sour cream and baking soda.
Sift together the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
Stir in the raisins, currants,... - 39.1212
Cream butter, add sugar, eggs, raisins, and flour into which the bak-.
ing powder has been sifted.
Add chocolate melted in water, salt, and cinnamon.
Mix well and drop from spoon onto greased cookie sheet.
Put a raisin in middle of each cookie.
Bake in 350... - 40.7405
Work butter into flour, baking soda, and salt.
Beat in eggs, one at a time.
Add raisins and nuts and mix well.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
Bake in preheated moderate oven (375°F.) for about 10 minutes. - 36.0162
Citron Flavored Hermits
1) Pre-heat the oven to moderate temperature.
2) In a small bowl and whisk the egg well. Keep it aside.
3) In a separate, wide rimmed bowl, add in the cream shortening, beaten egg and sugar and mix well.
4) Then pour in the milk slowly... - 46.7582
Sugar And Spice Hermits
Cream the butter with sugar.
Beat in the eggs, soda and water.
Fold in the remaining ingredients.
Drop tbsp size dough onto greased cookie sheet 2" (5 cm) apart.
Bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 10-12 minutes. - 39.0215
Whole Wheat Hermits
Cream the first five ingredients.
Beat in egg.
Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.
Divide dough in half.
On a floured surface, roll each half into a long cylinder.
Place each cylinder lengthwise on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
Press... - 45.3757
Cream sugar and shortening; add eggs.
Sift together dry ingredients, then add.
Add raisins and nuts which have been mixed with 1/2 c.of the flour.
Bake 10 minutes at 400°. - 35.4117
Old Time Nutmeg Hermits
Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs.
Sift together flour, soda, nutmeg, and salt.
Add to creamed mixture, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
Stir in raisins and nuts.
Drop from a teaspoon onto... - 42.4825
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Sieve together and keep aside.
4. In another medium sized bowl, combine... - 47.8287
Pour 2 cups boiling water over raisins in a saucepan and bring to boiling; pour off water and drain raisins on absorbent paper.
Coarsely chop raisins and set aside.
Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and spices together and blend thoroughly; set aside.
Cream... - 41.7212
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Combine together the soda, flour, salt and spices.
3) Add the nuts, dates and raisins and stir well to coat with the flour.
4) Cream together the shortening and sugar and add the well... - 42.9237
1. Pre heat an oven at 175C (350F).
2. Grease two baking trays and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine ¼ cup unbleached flour with all the other dry ingredients and mix well. Keep aside.
4. Drain raisins and combine with remaining... - 48.1524
1. Preheat the oven to 375°
2. In a mixer bowl, cream the sugar and the Crisco till well blended
3. Add the egg and beat well. Add the water to the bowl and combine well
4. In another bowl, mix the flour, instant coffee, soda, salt and... - 45.4548
Brown Sugar Hermits
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a bowl, cream the shortening, sugar and eggs.
3) Soften dates in hot water and fold into the creamed mixture.
4) In another bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
5) Add the sifted mixture and sour... - 45.9548
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Sieve flour with salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. Mix in raisins.
3. Blend brown sugar well with oil. Mix in egg.
4. Add flour mixture to egg mixture alternating with milk.
5. Add the... - 46.4768
1.Start by preheating the oven to 400F degrees
2.In a bowl, sift flour, soda, salt and spices together 3 times
3.Cream shortening with honey and sugar
5.Add milk, dry ingredients, fruit and nuts and mix thoroughly
6.Drop from... - 45.5641
1. In a sifter, measure flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves
2. Cream butter and sugar till fluffy, beat egg into it and sift it all the dry ingredients, one third at a time alternately with coffee; add all the other ingredients
3. Drop... - 44.0621
Cream butter till light and fluffy.
Beat in the sugar and egg.
Sift together the flour, soda, salt, and spices.
Add to the creamed mixture.
Stir in the dried fruits and nuts.
Drop from a teaspoon onto greased baking sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees... - 43.5081
Old Fashioned Hermits
Cream margarine; gradually add brown sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Add beaten egg and flavorings, beating well.
Combine flour and next 5 ingredients, mixing well.
Add to creamed mixture alternately with apple... - 35.8561
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar till fluffy, beat eggs into it as well
2. In a dry bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and all it to the creamed mixture alternately with sour milk
3. Mix raisins,... - 37.7047
Cream together shortening and brown sugar replacement.
Add egg; beat until light and fluffy.
Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves in sifter; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture.
Fold in raisins and... - 31.7473
Brown Sugar Hermits
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Rub 2 or 3 shallow pans with shortening.
2. Cream the butter, margarine or shortening, add the sugar slowly, then the molasses and the eggs and beat well.
3. Sift and mix the flour, baking soda, spices and salt... - 34.8312
Sift flour, measure, and resift 3 times with salt, baking powder and spices.
Beat egg until light-colored and thick; add sugar and milk, then stir in flour mixture.
Add shortening and beat until smooth.
Fold in raisins and drop from teaspoon onto greased... - 32.2892
In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed about 30 seconds or until softened.
Add brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
Beat until thoroughly combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
Beat in egg, milk,... - 34.038
Irish Oatmeal Hermits
Preheat your oven to 325Â°F.spread a thin layer of the oatmeal in a flat pan and toast it in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
Set it aside to cool.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy with a... - 47.2223
Butternut Squash Hermits
1. If using uncooked squash, preheat the oven to 375°
2. Using a large, heavy knife, carefully halve the squash lengthwise. Place the halves cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake 25 minutes, or until tender. Let the squash cool, then remove and... - 38.8907
Oatmeal Raisin Hermits
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.
Combine brown sugar and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until well-blended.
Stir in oats, raisins, and pecans; let stand 5... - 37.0339
Cream butter and sugar.
Add eggs, soda dissolved in cream, flour, and spices.
Lastly add nuts, raisins, or dates and the 1/2 clip chopped citron.
Drop from a tablespoon Onto a well greased pan.
Bake in moderate, 375-degree oven until brown 15 to 18... - 31.8917
Cream butter and sugar.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating until light after each addition.
Add sifted dry ingredients, raisins, and nuts; mix well.
Drop by tea-spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets; bake in preheated moderate oven (350° F.) for about 10... - 38.8287
Dates And Walnuts Hermits
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg and orange juice until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in flour mixed with baking soda, cinnamon, and salt on low speed until... - 32.0987
Work shortening with back of spoon until fluffy and creamy; add sugar and molasses gradually, while continuing to work with spoon until light.
Then add egg.
Add raisins and walnuts to flour, which has been sifted with soda, salt, and spice.
Add alternately... - 35.4812
Hermits is a tasty and mouthwatering dessert. You can serve this dish for an informal party at home or even at a community luncheon. This Hermits recipe is simply fantastic and you will definitely love it! - 45.4492
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â°F (200Â°C).
2) The flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon should be well mixed and kept separately.
3) Mix the butter with the sugar until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Add the egg to the... - 42.9057
Cream together shortening and brown sugar.
Add egg and water; beat well.
Sift together dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture.
Stir in fruits and peels, raisins, and nuts.
Drop from teaspoon 2 inches apart on lightly greased cooky sheet.
Bake in moderate... - 35.9719
1) Preheat oven moderately hot to 350° F (180°C).
2) Grease the cookie sheets with butter.
3) Electric Mixer Method cream butter.
4) Add sugar and cream, beat on high speed till fluffy.
5) Mix eggs and beat till done.
6) Take a medium... - 47.312
Gradually add sugar to butter, beating until fluffy.
Beat in egg and pumpkin.
Combine flour with remaining ingredients.
Stir into pumpkin mixture, blending well.
Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated 350Â° oven... - 37.5637
Molasses Ginger Hermits
Cream together the shortening and sugar.
Beat the egg and add.
Add molasses and mix thoroughly.
Sift together the flour, soda, baking powder, ginger, and salt.
Add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour milk.
Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased... - 38.6873
Hermits at a great midday snack. It is a healthy snack, filled with the goodness of raisins and nuts. What i like best about these is that they have a slight touch of sweetness which satisfies my midday sweet cravings as well! - 50.8391
Raisin And Walnut Hermits
Work the shortening with a spoon until fluffy and creamy; add sugar while continuing to work with a spoon until light.
Then add the well-beaten eggs.
Sift 2 c of the flour with the soda, spices, and salt, and add to mixture.
Add raisins and nuts mixed with... - 36.642
1. Beat margarine with brown sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs.
3. Dissolve soda in the water, and add to creamed mixture.
4. Mix and sift together the flour, salt, and spices.
5. Add in small portions to the creamed mixture, mixing well each... - 41.2111
1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2.Sieve all purpose flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
3.Mix sugar with spices and shortening.
4.Put eggs in the shortening mixture and blend well.
5.Add milk and raisins and stir.
6.Put the... - 46.432
Coffee And Nuts Hermits
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C).
2) Mix the butter with the sugar until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time to the mix and beat well
3) Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and... - 42.4842
"Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
Beat in molas- ses.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Sift flour, salt and spices together.
Add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee, beating until smooth.
Fold in nuts and fruit... - 41.8365
1. Measure Bran Flakes into small bowl. Add milk; let stand until moisture is absorbed.
2. Sift together flour, soda and spices. Set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and Bran Flakes mixture; beat well. Add sifted dry... - 27.8689
Rocks Or Hermits
1) Preheat the oven to 350º F.
2) Sift together the dry ingredients.
3) Cream shortening and sugar and add in eggs, molasses and dissolved soda.
4) Mix in the dry ingredients mixture and fruit to make a stiff mixture.
5) On a greased... - 45.446
Golden Honey Hermits
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Butter a l5 1/2 X 11-inch jelly-roll pan with a 1/2-inch rim.
Sift together into a medium-size bowl flour, baking soda, and spices.
In a large bowl, cream butter.
Beat in honey, molasses, and then eggs.
Stir in flour mixture until well... - 39.734
Raisin Lunch Box Hermits
Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly butter a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
Beat in the egg and then the molasses.
Sift together the flour, spices, baking soda and salt and stir them into the butter... - 37.5914
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Blend sugar and shortening to a creamy, fluffy and light mixture. Mix egg and molasses and blend well.
3. Sieve flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and spices and add nuts and raisins. Mix with molasses... - 42.942
Old Fashioned Hermits
Cream margarine; gradually add brown sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended.
Add egg substitute and flavorings; beat well.
Combine flour and next 5 ingredients, stirring well.
Add to creamed mixture alternately with apple... - 37.338
Old Fashioned Hermits
Cream together sugar and shortening.
Beat in egg.
Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with molasses and buttermilk which have been mixed together.
Stir in raisins.
Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake in preheated moderate oven (350°F.) for... - 41.2215
Hermit Cookie Recipes By Category