- » Hermit Cookie
Hermit Cookie Recipes
Hermit cookie is mostly made with a date and nut filling. Hermit cookies are called so because the date and nut filling hides a little dent in the cookie dough which seems like a little cave. The hermit and his cave ... More »
Cream the shortening and sugar and add the well-beaten eggs.
Sift 2 cups of flour with the soda and spices and add to mixture.
Add raisins and nuts mixed with rest of flour.
Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
Bake in a hot... - 36.0229
Hermit Cookie Bars
Hermit Cookie Bars has a supreme taste. Hermit Cookie Bars gets its taste from flour mixed with milk and eggs, topped with nuts. Hermit Cookie Bars is inspired by many bakeries around the world. - 44.7886
Whole Wheat Hermits
Hermit cookies are delightful little cookies that are usually baked with a batter depressed in the center like a pit or a cave. These hermit cookies are baked with goodies like nuts, cherries, dates, fruits and raisins. Spiced with cinnamon , nutmeg and... - 48.4181
Thoroughly cream shortening and sugar; add eggs and beat well.
Sift dry ingredients together; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour milk.
Add nuts and fruits; drop by heaping teaspoons onto greased cooky sheet.
Bake in moderate oven (375Â°) 10 to 12... - 32.6773
Hermit Bar Cookies
Hermit bar cookies are delightful square shaped cookies made with a variety of goodies. Baked with a batter of flour with eggs, molasses and a medley of spices, the hermit bar cookies also contain raisins and candied ginger. - 42.1421
Date And Raisin Hermits
Hermits are amazingly well flavored cookies that you really have to try at home. I served it at the last tea party and the guests loved it. Try this Hermits recipe and you will understand why. - 41.169
Cream shortening; add sugar gradually and cream well.
Blend in eggs.
Dredge dates in 1/2 cup of the flour.
Add remaining flour, soda, salt and spices alternately with cold coffee.
Blend in floured dates and nuts.
Chill for an hour, then drop by teaspoon onto... - 40.5512
Cream shortening and sifted sugar together.
Add milk to beaten eggs.
Sift all dry ingredients together and add to the shortening mixture alternately with liquid ingredients.
Add nuts and raisins.
Mix well and drop by teaspoons onto a greased cookie... - 40.4601
Sift together flour, soda and spices.
In another bowl, place all fruits and nuts.
Sprinkle some of the flour mixture over the fruits to separate them.
Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs and sour milk.
Add flour and fruits to the creamed mixture.
Drop by... - 37.4931
Heat oven to 375°.
Mix brown sugar, margarine, shortening, coffee, egg, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake until almost no indentation remains when... - 37.6393
Sift flour, soda, salt and spices together 3 times.
Cream shortening with honey and sugar.
Add milk, dry ingredients, fruit and nuts and mix thoroughly.
Drop from teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 400Â°F. 10 to 12 minutes. - 38.0649
Cinnamon Hermits are old fashioned cookies that are soft and mostly made in flavors like orange and ginger. The cinnamon hermits soft and chewy but also crunchy. These cookies are always enjoyed and liked by everyone. - 50.8819
Spiced Hermits Cookie
1. Start oven, set at Hot, 425° F. Rub a cookie sheet with margarine or shortening.
2. Sift the flour with the salt, baking powder and spices.
3. Combine the egg with the sugar and beat thoroughly. Stir in the flour mixture and mix well. Add the cooled... - 33.6915
Old Time Nutmeg Hermits
Old Time Nutmeg Hermits are tasty treat for the holidays. Hermits are much like cookies or cake. They are simple and easy to make. The method very much reminds of the cookies. Old time nutmeg hermits make a good food gift for Christmas. - 53.2417
Drop hermits are cookies made with a mix of raisins with nuts. Spiced with cinnamon and allspice, the drop hermits are made with cake flour and eggs, along with milk and brown sugar. Crunchy and delightful these drop cookies are a great treat anytime! - 49.5636
Old Fashioned Hermits
Cream margarine; gradually add brown sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Add beaten egg and flavorings, beating well.
Combine flour and next 5 ingredients, mixing well.
Add to creamed mixture alternately with apple... - 37.5901
Aunt Tillie's Hermits
Cream the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs and a mixture of the sour cream and baking soda.
Sift together the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
Stir in the raisins, currants,... - 40.6247
Citron Flavored Hermits
1) Pre-heat the oven to moderate temperature.
2) In a small bowl and whisk the egg well. Keep it aside.
3) In a separate, wide rimmed bowl, add in the cream shortening, beaten egg and sugar and mix well.
4) Then pour in the milk slowly... - 45.5171
Cream butter, add sugar, eggs, raisins, and flour into which the bak-.
ing powder has been sifted.
Add chocolate melted in water, salt, and cinnamon.
Mix well and drop from spoon onto greased cookie sheet.
Put a raisin in middle of each cookie.
Bake in 350... - 42.2661
Work butter into flour, baking soda, and salt.
Beat in eggs, one at a time.
Add raisins and nuts and mix well.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
Bake in preheated moderate oven (375°F.) for about 10 minutes. - 38.0581
Spicy Hermits has a Pungent taste. The cinnamon, cloves and egg gives the Spicy Hermits Ostentatious taste. - 40.3704
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Sieve together and keep aside.
4. In another medium sized bowl, combine... - 47.3387
Sugar And Spice Hermits
Cream the butter with sugar.
Beat in the eggs, soda and water.
Fold in the remaining ingredients.
Drop tbsp size dough onto greased cookie sheet 2" (5 cm) apart.
Bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 10-12 minutes. - 41.1837
Whole Wheat Hermits
Cream the first five ingredients.
Beat in egg.
Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.
Divide dough in half.
On a floured surface, roll each half into a long cylinder.
Place each cylinder lengthwise on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
Press... - 47.669
Cream sugar and shortening; add eggs.
Sift together dry ingredients, then add.
Add raisins and nuts which have been mixed with 1/2 c.of the flour.
Bake 10 minutes at 400°. - 36.8729
Old Time Nutmeg Hermits
Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs.
Sift together flour, soda, nutmeg, and salt.
Add to creamed mixture, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
Stir in raisins and nuts.
Drop from a teaspoon onto... - 44.2247
Pour 2 cups boiling water over raisins in a saucepan and bring to boiling; pour off water and drain raisins on absorbent paper.
Coarsely chop raisins and set aside.
Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and spices together and blend thoroughly; set aside.
Cream... - 44.0204
1. Pre heat an oven at 175C (350F).
2. Grease two baking trays and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine ¼ cup unbleached flour with all the other dry ingredients and mix well. Keep aside.
4. Drain raisins and combine with remaining... - 49.4551
Brown Sugar Hermits
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a bowl, cream the shortening, sugar and eggs.
3) Soften dates in hot water and fold into the creamed mixture.
4) In another bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
5) Add the sifted mixture and sour... - 46.6957
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Combine together the soda, flour, salt and spices.
3) Add the nuts, dates and raisins and stir well to coat with the flour.
4) Cream together the shortening and sugar and add the well... - 45.1643
1. Preheat the oven to 375°
2. In a mixer bowl, cream the sugar and the Crisco till well blended
3. Add the egg and beat well. Add the water to the bowl and combine well
4. In another bowl, mix the flour, instant coffee, soda, salt and... - 45.8517
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Sieve flour with salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. Mix in raisins.
3. Blend brown sugar well with oil. Mix in egg.
4. Add flour mixture to egg mixture alternating with milk.
5. Add the... - 47.765
1. In a sifter, measure flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves
2. Cream butter and sugar till fluffy, beat egg into it and sift it all the dry ingredients, one third at a time alternately with coffee; add all the other ingredients
3. Drop... - 43.5667
1. In a bowl, cream together, shortening, sugar, brown sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
2. Add sifted together, flour, salt, baking powder, ground cinnamon, mace, nutmeg and add raisins, walnuts to the creamed mixture and mix... - 45.1544
1.Start by preheating the oven to 400F degrees
2.In a bowl, sift flour, soda, salt and spices together 3 times
3.Cream shortening with honey and sugar
5.Add milk, dry ingredients, fruit and nuts and mix thoroughly
6.Drop from... - 44.9006
Preheat oven to 350° F.and grease a 7 x 14-inch pan.
Mix raisins, currants, nuts, and flour.
Cream butter, add honey, molasses, eggs, sour cream or yogurt, and salt.
Mix flour, soda, cream of tartar, and spices.
Beat well, then stir in the floured... - 40.996
Cream butter till light and fluffy.
Beat in the sugar and egg.
Sift together the flour, soda, salt, and spices.
Add to the creamed mixture.
Stir in the dried fruits and nuts.
Drop from a teaspoon onto greased baking sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees... - 43.3167
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar till fluffy, beat eggs into it as well
2. In a dry bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and all it to the creamed mixture alternately with sour milk
3. Mix raisins,... - 39.4228
Brown Sugar Hermits
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Rub 2 or 3 shallow pans with shortening.
2. Cream the butter, margarine or shortening, add the sugar slowly, then the molasses and the eggs and beat well.
3. Sift and mix the flour, baking soda, spices and salt... - 35.7241
Irish Oatmeal Hermits
Preheat your oven to 325Â°F.spread a thin layer of the oatmeal in a flat pan and toast it in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
Set it aside to cool.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy with a... - 49.7108
Butternut Squash Hermits
1. If using uncooked squash, preheat the oven to 375°
2. Using a large, heavy knife, carefully halve the squash lengthwise. Place the halves cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake 25 minutes, or until tender. Let the squash cool, then remove and... - 41.0221
Oatmeal Raisin Hermits
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.
Combine brown sugar and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until well-blended.
Stir in oats, raisins, and pecans; let stand 5... - 39.031
Hermit Cookie Recipes By Category