- » Healthy Starch
Healthy Starch Recipes
Enjoy our collection of healthy starch recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for healthy starch recipes.
Vanilla Corn Starch Pudding
Scald 2 2/3 cups of the milk.
Mix cornstarch, sugar, and salt.
Then stir in remaining milk until smooth.
Add to scalded milk and cook over low heat, or in top part of double boiler over boiling water, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Continue cooking for... - 33.8606
Pumpkin Pie With Corn Starch
Prepare unbaked 9-inch pie shell.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine eggs, evaporated milk, milk, and pumpkin in glass container or bowl.
Blend with electric mixer at low speed until smoothly mixed.
Sift dry ingredients, except nutmeg, together into pumpkin... - 44.4644
Butter Shrimp Creole With Corn Starch
In glass casserole, cook butter on ROAST (7) for 1 1/4 minutes or until melted.
Add onion, green pepper, celery and garlic.
Cover; cook on HIGH (9) for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Mix in cornstarch.
Add remaining ingredients except... - 44.9419
Scalloped Potatoes With Corn Starch
For sauce, in a small saucepan stir together the milk, cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Set aside.
Lightly spray the sides of a 1 1/2-quart casserole with nonstick coating. Peel... - 31.176
My longing for Cardinal Sauce strengthened during high school days. Make the European Cardinal Sauce as a Dessert and it will make your guests come back at your door step. Bookmark this Cardinal Sauce page, otherwise you might regret your decision later. - 31.7016
Reserve five strawberries for garnish.
Crush remaining strawberries and mix them with fructose.
Allow to stand at least an hour.
Mix tapioca with salt and boiling water.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until tapioca is clear.
Drain juice from berries... - 40.84
Healthy Chicken Stir Fry
Cook the rice according to package directions.
Cut up chicken breast into bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper. Heat up skillet to a high heat and add in the olive oil and chicken. Brown chicken for 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Chop up the... - 34.3918
Oven Fried Healthy Beef Steak
Looking for a healthy beef recipe? Think it is impossible? Well, then this video is definitely the thing for you! Watch and learn to cook the perfect fried beef, only this is the healthy fried beef. The recipe will yield a yummy, juicy beef steak that... - 99.6263
Healthy Spring Rolls (no Frying)
1. heat up pan, add oil, put garlic in for 2 minutes,
pour in soy bean sprouts stir it well, take out garlic, add pinch of sugar, pepper,1 tsp salt
2. heat pan til hot put some oil in, put in ginger, shrimps stir it til done, put in carrot ,... - 45.8574
Healthy Potato Pancakes
1. Squeeze the potatoes between the hands until dry. This removes the excess liquid and surface starch.
2. Combine the potatoes with the eggs, grits, parsley, onions, tamari, and salt and mix well.
3. Pour oil into a heavy skillet to a depth of 1/4 inch. Heat... - 33.6627
Healthy Baked Chicken Scarpariello
If you are looking for a yummy and healthy chicken recipe to please your family and loved ones then your search ends here. Watch this video and learn to bake a chicken dish that is exotic, impressive, tasty and very healthy. This one is sure to get everyone's... - 130.205
Vegetable And Corn Chowder
This vegetable corn chowder is loaded with healthy fats, starch, fiber and protein. A perfectly healthy meal for all ages. - 43.0404
Vegan Vegetable Stroganoff
Making a stroganoff with meat is very easy. However, this is a fun and easy version for vegetarians that you can try out - 128.43
Have a sweet tooth? You have landed on the correct page absolutely. This video has a great Japanese Strawberry Daifuku recipe that makes for a great dessert. Watch the video now and treat your family to this delicacy. - 139.27
Lima Bean Soup
1.heat the oil & saute onion & celery until onion turns transparent.
2.add Lima beans & chopped tomatoes in that.before adding Lima beans cook it in
3.add vegetable stock & simmer the soup for a while.
4. dissolve corn starch in a little... - 37.6443
Gluten-free Pecan Pie
Health conscious? This video is a must watch for you. The chef shares an easy to make and totally delicious gluten-free peacn pie. This dish never fails to impress as a dessert. - 99.826
Gluten-free Maple Pecan Pie
This video is a creation of EasyRecipesWithTwist. You can visit EasyRecipesWithTwist for complete recipes, and more videos. - 16.9885
Gluten-free Pie Crust
This video is a creation of EasyRecipesWithTwist. You can visit EasyRecipesWithTwist for complete recipes, and more videos. - 21.5773
Homemade Teuchi Udon Noodles
Have you always been wondering how to prepare the perfect Teuchi Udon Noodles at home? This video will clear all your doubts. Watch the chef make these authentic Teuchi Udon Noodles effortlessly and replicate the same in your own kitchen. - 145.694
Fried Bean Curd With Soybean
The fried bean curd with soyabean is a healthy Chinese delight especially for all you foodies out there. The recipe has deep fried bean curd cooked with Chinese sauce and vegetables. An appetizing and easy to make dish that you would simply love. - 41.847
Surf & Turf
Marinate the shrimp with the ingredients mentioned & set it aside.
Rub fillet mignon with little salt & pepper & grill it.
Finish it off in an oven for about 10 minutes for medium done.
Cook the shrimp also in an oven for about 8-10 minutes.
For... - 48.7612
Fried Noodles With Pork Strips
If you are fond of Chinese cuisine then noodle dishes are indispensible and here is a recipe to make one with pork. Check out Marie Wong making Crispy fried noodles with pork strips with typical chinese sauces and seasonings. Delicious and wholesome! - 70.6465
Gluten Free Chicken And Broccoli With Avoir Chaud
1. In a large bowl add in the chicken breast, soy sauce, sherry and corn starch. Mix well and let chicken marinate for 30 minutes.
2. In a small bowl mix together corn starch and water, to make slurry.
3. In a large bowl pour in the low... - 0
Sauteed Soy Chicken
In a mood to cook some chicken. You have come to the right place. Check out the video of the yummy and delicious Sauteed Soy Chicken. A great appetizer that can be prepared in a few minutes. Everyone should definitely check out this video. - 101.175
Vegetable Cream Soup
1. In a large pan, mix the corn starch with ½ cup of milk and mix well till it is smooth.
2. Add the remaining four ingredients and mix well with the rest of the milk while stirring constantly. Bring this mixture to a boil and simmer for one... - 35.7658
Cream Cheese Potato Soup
1. In a medium sized soup pot, bring potatoes, onions, and seasonings to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and continue to cook until potatoes are fork tender.
3. Remove about ½ cup of the potatoes and mash to release the starch and thicken the soup.
4. Return... - 109.822
Squab Through A Window
For the Barley:
Saute shallots, pearl onions, garlic, smoked bacon and barley, add chicken stock and stir constantly. Add heavy cream and reduce. Finish with butter, thyme, salt and pepper. Pan sear squab breasts on high heat to medium rare and rest for 3... - 39.7982
Sweet & Sour Pork Made Healthier
Pork is my family favorite and I prefer to have it during weekends! Here is one such exotic recipe which I would love to prepare! - 0
Orange Glazed Tofu
The beauty of tofu is that it's virtually impossible to ruin. Grilling tofu is much easier if your slices are not too thin. A ½" or more is the perfect thickness. - 126.463
Asian Style Steak And Vegetable Stir Fry
One of the many simple strategies for stir-frying meat and veggies - a few simple cutting and cooking techniques with variations. With a little practice, anyone can make amazing stir fries in minutes with a wide ingredients on hand. - 114.979
Savory Turkey Meatball Soup
Graziella cooks up a savory soup reminiscent of Italian wedding soup, but better, with turkey & sage meatballs, lots of veggies, and love, perfect for the cold weather days. Don't miss her Lucille Ball moment at the end of the episode! ;) - 0
Super Savory. Crunchy on the outside, tender in the middle. A great main dish patty or make them smaller for appetizers. You can even make them gluten free. - 127.84
Chicken Breast Stuffed With Broccoli
Bored of the same old turkey? Try something new this weekend. Broccoli, cheese, lemon and olive oil go into this piece of poultry to make a delicious stuffed chicken breast recipe. Juan Montalvo uses low-fat cheese and lemon flavored wine sauce to make this... - 94.7143
This braised vegetables recipe is truly yumm… and would leave your guests looking forward to more. Surprise your guests with a great combination of vegetables braised in chicken stock. A dish truly with a difference. - 42.3927
1. In a bowl fill water and place shitake mushroom in it, microwave on high for 5 minutes.
2. Take out mushroom from the water, keep broth for making sauce and slice the mushrooms, discard stems.
3. In a bowl take corn starch add in 1 tbsp. of... - 109.358
Jerk Chicken Skillet Shepherd's Pie
1. Stir the chicken together with jerk seasoning and olive oil and set aside.
2. In a pot pour in water and salt add in the sweet potatoes and plantains. Set it on high and bring it to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
3.... - 105.389
Healthier Salisbury Steak
1. Divide the beef into four equal parts then form each section into an oval shape and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. For the mashed veggies – In a pot of salted water, add in the potatoes, cauliflower, and garlic.
3. Set the pot on... - 99.6391
1. In a medium bowl stir together the corn meal, rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, and sugar, set aside.
2. In a larger bowl whisk the eggs, and milk together.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients, stir until just... - 93.3058
Tempeh Stir Fry
A tasty, meatless dish using marinated tempeh as a protein source (meat substitute). Going meatless is a great way to reduce saturated fats, lowering risks for diabetes-related heart disease. - 121.334
Delicious Corn Chowder
When the weather turns warm, thoughts turn to a bowl of satisfying corn chowder. Nothing says summer like corn and what better way ton indulge in the summer bounty then cook it to make a flavorful, thick chowder. Keith Snow shows how to make yummy corn... - 112.274
Vanilla Tapioca Pudding
Tapioca makes a great pudding! Katherine shows you a simple recipe to making this pudding. This pudding is simply flavored with vanilla. With almost no effort, this is ready in no time. Make sure this is nice and chilled when ready to eat! - 110.879
Mizore Nabe With Vegetable And Fish Fillet
Hosting an oriental dinner and confused about the main dish?? Mizore Nabe with Vegetable and Fish Fillet makes for a great main dish. The mix of authentic ingredients with the vegetable makes this dish absolutely irresistible. Watch the chef prepare this... - 146.503
The literal translation for the Italian word Polenta is "mush". Boiled cornmeal for an edible starch is a found in countless cuisines all over the world. Formerly a peasant food, this is finding upscale ways to hit supermarket shelves and restaurant menus... - 31.1738
Yaki Gyoza Oriental Style
Looking for a side dish recipe for your Japanese spread? Your search ends right here. Watch this video now and surprise your guests with these delectable Japanese Pan Fried Dumplings. That’s not all, the video also has an added Gyoza sauce recipe that you... - 146.883
Freekeh is an easy to make healthy grain. It can be made vegetarian or with meats, and herbs and spices. It also can be made as a breakfast cereal. - 34.3127
Easy Hot And Sour Soup
Chinese Hot and Sour Soup is among the most ordered dish in any restaurant. Try this easy and healthy recipe at your home and give a nice treat to your family. - 0
A simple to make Banana Cake recipe. - 46.1276
Try using local honey which brings out the sweetness of the apples. Make sure to use an apple that will hold its shape like a Granny Smith, Macintosh, Honey Crisp or your favourite crisp local apple variety for the best results. - 0
Hearty Spinach White Bean Soup
A hearty and healthy soup with spinach and white bean is the ultimate choice for a mild Autumn afternoon. It is a soup, which can be considered as a comfort food for any personal occasion. Go through the video to learn the step-by-step instruction of cooking. - 121.199
Green Bean And Mushroom Casserole
Beans in whatever form are healthy besides being colorful to give an appeal to the preparation. Catch up with this interesting recipe to make Green Bean Casserole using fresh green beans and mushrooms along with other vegetables and seasonings. - 126.428
Lemon Meringue Pie
1. Prepare an 8-inch pie crust or thaw a ready to use pie shell.
2. Preheat an oven to 325°F.
1. Use a medium sized heavy bottom sauce pan.
2. Combine sugar, corn starch and salt in the sauce pan.
3. Add the boiling water and stir to... - 46.8135
Sugar Free Blueberry Crumble Bars
I made this recipe to honor National Diabetes Month. My friends at Pyure Brands asked me to come up with a recipe that would be perfect to use with the Stevia Sweetener and this is what I came up with! It’s so easy to make, sugar free, and delicious! - 135.866
For more information please visit: http://www.pattyjames.com - 32.6555
Steamed Cracked Crab In Spicy Tamarind Sauce
Want to wow your guests with a recipe that looks and tastes very impressive but is easy to cook? Then watch this video and prepare to be amazed, and amaze! This recipe will yield a yummy crab cooked in a spicy, delectable sauce. Everyone is sure to love it! - 115.958
Oven Baked Fries
Can you still call a French Fry a French Fry if it isn't fried? Baked fries will make you wonder why you ever drove to those "Golden Arches". Your kids will love the way these baked fries taste. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. - 117.128
Corn Noodle Soup
This soup is a twist on traditional corn soup. It is very common to see soups like this on restaurant menus in India. Instead of just salt and pepper, grated ginger and green chili is used here. You may also use Asian style dinner noodles instead of the... - 43.7708
Japanese Bento Lunch Box
Wondering what this Japanese Bento Lunch Box is?? It is a unique concept of providing a well balanced diet. This concept has gained popularity everywhere, specially among the students and office going people who carry lunch boxes with them. Bento Lunch Box is... - 149.368
Oriental Hiyashi Chuka Noodles
Looking for some great summer cooking ideas?? An absolute summer delight , this Oriental Hiyashi Chuka Noodles is specially served during the summer season. This dish can be served along with two different kind of sauce. Learn this delicacy right here. - 144.601
Japanese Nabeyaki Udon Noodles
Preparing an Oriental spread for the weekend?? This recipe is a must include. Watch this video and learn the step by step procedure to prepare this Japanese Nabeyaki Udon Noodles. Your guests will certainly call you back to take the recipe. - 145.247
Looking for some interesting Oriental recipes? You have hit the correct page. This video demonstrates a step by step procedure of preparing Nikuman which are the traditional Japanese steamed pork buns. The chef prepares the dish absolutely in the authentic... - 147.978
Chap Jae (jap Chae)
This is one of my favourite dishes and it is very healthy! The noodles are yam noodles and do not contain wheat or flour. Jap Chae is a fabulous Healthy Choices meal. - 51.0365
Two Layer Sponge Cake
Ingredients should be at room temperature.
Prepare two 9 inch layer cake pans by cutting two circles from heavy brown paper (or baking parchment paper) to fit bottom of each pan.
Oil pans lightly with pastry brush and place a circle of paper on the bottom of... - 43.451
Orange Flavored Strawberry Shortcake
1) In a bowl, mix corn starch and brown sugar in 1 cup measure.
2) Add liqueur, water, and fruit color.
3) In the microwave, place this liquid mixture at 550 watts for 30-45 seconds to let it boil.
4) Then, let it cool and refrigerate for 20... - 43.4389
Filled Fruit Bars
Cook figs, raisins, dates and apricots in water to cover for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Force fruit through food mill, or use blender to chop fruit.
After fruit is chopped, add rind of 1 lemon and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and mix well.
Set aside... - 45.5694
Carob Almond Cake
Prepare one nine inch square pan by lightly oiling the bottom, then lining the pan with parchment or brown paper and oiling it lightly.
Let egg whites warm at room temperature about an hour.
Combine carob powder and boiling water in small bowl, stirring until... - 46.748
Lettuce And Banana Potassium Power Smoothie
Tired of mainstream energy drinks that are expensive and taste like cardboard? Then try the power smoothie recipe detailed in this video and change the way you think of power drinks forever! Watch to know more! - 93.5899
Creamy Cashew Garlicky Sage Sauce
Saute garlic in olive oil or butter over medium heat. Add in sage until well coated and remove from heat.
In a blender, add in the cashews and 3/4 cups water, nutritional yeast and bullion cube and puree. If the sauce is thick enough, don’t add anymore... - 28.0569
Chocolate-dipped Strawberry Microwave Mug Cake
Prepare your microwavable mug by coating the inside lightly with PAM Original cooking spray.
Mix the ingredients in a small bowl. Beat egg first with a spoon and mix in other liquid ingredients. Then add dry ingredients and mix until you've removed all the... - 36.1324
1) Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2) Lightly grease a shallow baking tray.
3) In a bowl, rub margarine and sugar, together until soft and fluffy.
4) Whisk continuously and add 1 egg yolk at a time alternating with milk and essence, and mix... - 41.8538
Egg Foo Yung Gravy
Blend chicken broth and corn starch in 1-quart measure.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
MICROWAVE 4 to 5 MINUTES on HIGH, or until mixture thickens.
Stir once with wire whip.
Pour over Egg Foo Yung before serving. - 33.5086
Medium White Sauce
1. In a small heavy saucepan, add corn starch, salt and pepper.
2. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until well blended into a smooth sauce. , gradually stir milk into corn starch.
3. Slide in the margarine and heat, stirring until well blended.... - 34.8174
Orange Flavored Harvard Beets
Combine sugar, corn starch, salt and pepper in 1-quart casserole.
Drain beet liquid into 1-cup measure.
If necessary, add water to make 3/4 cup.
Set beets aside.
Stir beet liquid, vinegar and orange juice into sugar mixture.
MICROWAVE 5 to 7 MINUTES on... - 43.224
Raspberry Currant Melba Sauce
1. In a saucepan, add raspberries, jelly and bring to a boil.
2. In another bowl, blend water and corn starch, and add to the raspberry mixture and stir constantly until thick. Remove from heat.
3. Strain and chill.
4. Use the sauce with... - 34.5199
How To Cook Butter Toasted Thai Rice
1. Rinse rice well under cold water to remove starch.
2. In a pot, melt butter and toast rice on medium flame for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Pour chicken stock and stir well.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on... - 0
Stir Fried Chicken
An Asian influenced dish of stir fried chicken. Stir fried to a make a delectable dish. Watch Maria show you make this easy dish. - 67.3228
Southwest Corn With Chipotle Peppers
Join Toby at DiabetesEveryDay.com as she prepares this bold starch recipes at 19 grams carbohydrate per serving. The recipe is courtesy of Roseanne Rust and Cindy Kleckner, from their book "Hypertension Cookbook for Dummies" - 0
Fresh Berry Pie
1. Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
2. Line a 9 inch pie plate with pastry.
3. In a bowl, mix sugar with corn starch.
4. Add berries and toss to mix.
5. Into the pastry, pour the filling mixture into it.
6. Cover pie with... - 41.234
Chicken And Asparagus Stir Fry
1. In a bowl take chicken, wine rice, soy sauce and corn-starch. Mix all the ingredients well marinade for 30 minutes.
2. In another bowl take chicken stock and corn-starch, mix well.
3. In a small bowl take corn – starch and chicken stock,... - 110.046
1. In a bowl, add peaches, ½ cup sugar, corn starch, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and mix.
2. Into a 10x6x2-inch baking dish, add the peaches mixture to it, and dot with margarine.
3. In another bowl, mix, flour, sugar, baking powder, unsalted... - 48.1239
Quick Chicken Chasseur
1. Coat the chicken strips with corn starch, sharking off the excess.
2. In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil.
3. Brown the chicken in the oil until evenly browned
4. Add the scallions, season the chicken and flavor with the... - 47.2242
Cooking With Food - Bean Sprouts & Bok Choy
Jaclyn in this video shows us how to make this Asian Inspired Bean Sprouts & Bok Choy. It is a healthy and nutritious side dish. My bet is that they will go well with any Asian main course meal. This dish should be done within 30 minutes. Enjoy! - 113.542
Delicious Homemade Banana Pudding
Thanks to this video recipe, you can add a banana pudding recipe to your list of healthy eating ideas for dessert. Anne from ezgf.blogspot.com shows you how to make a healthier banana pudding. Plus, this cooking video shows you how to make your own vanilla... - 115.676
Yes, noodles are long strings of starch and because of a crazed loon who made carbohydrates as unpopular as lawn jockeys, they're passe. But they're tasty. In an ensemble piece, noodles are great.
For the last year or so, I've tinkered with a noodle bowl... - 51.4452
1) In a saucepan, heat the ingredients for the dipping sauce; chill.
2) Drain, cut the tofu into 10-12 pieces and dust them with the potato starch.
3) In a saucepan with salted boiling water, add... - 42.774
Potato Cookie With Cheese (better Of The One Than Potato- Fries)
# It cooks potatoes in water and salt, immediately drains and pass for the press
# After that, it adds the starch of maize, the cheese, the egg and makes right the salt.
# It mixes well.
# It leaves to cool the sufficient it stops for the hands and it makes... - 33.7304
Indian Vegetarian Meat
1. Sieve flour and salt in a bowl. Add enough water to bind them together. Knead well for 1/2 hour Make a smooth dough.
2. Place the dough in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Keep it overnight, at least for 6-8 hours.
3. Next day drain and keep... - 25.3978
Combine the fruit and water, and cook until soft and mushy.
Press through a sieve.
Add sugar and reheat; then remove from the stove.
Slowly add the dissolved potato starch, return to heat, and again bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
If necessary, add more... - 36.9872
1) In a saucepan, combine jelly with water, fruit and sugar.
2) In a small bowl, mix corn starch in a little cold water.
3) Mix in the cornstarch mixture into the jelly mixture.
4) Cook the mixture until it turns thick.
5) Remove from heat.
6) Fold in... - 42.0198
Deep Fried Tofu
1) In a suitable skillet, deep fry the tofu pieces dusted with potato starch in oil at 340 Deg F until golden.
2) In a saucepan add the ingredients for the sauce, allow to boil and turn off the heat.
3) Serve hot deep-fried tofu pieces on a... - 33.6025
1. In a saucepan, add raspberries, jelly and bring to a boil.
2. In another bowl, blend water and corn starch, and add to the raspberry mixture and stir constantly until thick. Remove from heat.
3. Strain and chill the melba sauce now... - 40.5277
Green Beans With Dill
1) In a saucepan, heat butter and saute onion until soft.
2) Now, add water, chili sauce and dill. Cook for a minute.
3) Make a corn starch-water mixture and add it to onions.
4) Cook, constantly stirring until sauce thickens.
5) Mix together the... - 41.1523
Creamy Minced Veal
1) In a skillet, add 3 tablespoons margarine to melt down.
2) Add veal to sauté until lightly browned.
3) In a saucepan, combine soup mix and corn starch.
4) Gradually blend in water, then add 2 tablespoons margarine.
5) Place over heat to bring a... - 41.9297