- » Hard Sugar Glaze
Hard Sugar Glaze Recipes
Enjoy our collection of hard sugar glaze recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for hard sugar glaze recipes.
Place sugar, water, syrup, and salt in a heavy saucepan; insert candy thermometer.
Heat and stir over moderate heat until sugar dissolves, reduce heat slightly, and cook uncovered without stirring to 240° F.
Remove from heat, stir in nuts, and pour onto a... - 35.4362
One Bowl Hard Rolls
Mix 1 1/3 cups flour, sugar, salt and undissolved yeast thoroughly in a bowl.
Add softened margarine.
Add hot water to dry ingredients gradually and beat for 2 minutes with electric mixer at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
Add the egg white and 1... - 41.5632
In large bowl sift together flour, the 1 tablespoon sugar, and the salt.
Cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add beaten eggs and grated lemon peel; mix well.
Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface.
Roll dough to 15x12-inch rectangle,... - 45.6484
Lime Glazed Cornish Hens
Lime Glazed Cornish Hen is a treat you'll hardly want to miss once you taste it ! Try this sweet and sour hen for your next meal. Tell me if you like this Lime Glazed Cornish Hen. - 35.4156
Here is an easy glaze for any sort of cake you would try at home. This glaze recipe I have furnished here is too easy to prepare and will hardly consume any of your time. Give this glaze recipe a try the next time you make a cake! - 20.2872
Mix sugar, cream of tartar, hot water, and salt in small saucepan; place over hot fire.
Stir until sugar has dissolved.
Let syrup boil until it reaches 293 Â°F, or hard-crack stage.
Remove from fire at once; place in pan of hot water while dipping... - 27.2038
Combine all ingredients in small saucepan.
Bring to a boil and boil hard 1 1/2 minutes without stirring.
Cool slightly. - 18.1251
Glazed Fruits Or Nuts
1.Prepare a syrup from the sugar, water and corn syrup
2.In a saucepan, boil without stirring, to the hard crack stage (300Â° F.)
3.Remove the saucepan from the fire and put it into an outer pan of boiling water to keep the syrup from... - 30.8867
Root Beer Glaze
Were you searching for a good Root Beer Glaze recipe that you could use with your Root Been Angel cake? Then you have come to the right place. Try this Root Beer Glaze, I am sure you will love it! - 19.0418
Glazed Cherries And Nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. On a large baking pan about 9-by-9-by-l 3/4-inch in size, spread out the nuts and cherries and put them in the hot oven to warm through. Do not overheat.
3. Generously butter a 17-by-14-inch cookie sheet
4. In... - 39.0494
Combine syrup, water, and sugar in a deep saucepan and cook over highest heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Boil rapidly until temperature reaches 290° (just about hard-crack stage).
Remove syrup from heat and dip fruit immediately and quickly.
Hold... - 29.2009
Glazed Cashew Clusters
Spread cashews on a baking sheet.
Toast in a 350°F oven till golden brown.
In saucepan cook and stir sugar, water, and cream of tartar till sugar dissolves.
Bring to boiling; boil to hard-crack stage (candy thermometer registers 300°F).
Remove from heat;... - 35.2193
Glazed Coconut Cake
Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
Cream butter until soft, add sugar, a little at a time, beating until smooth.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating hard after each addition.
Add milk and flour mixture, alternating them and beginning and... - 43.534
Glazed Ham Loaf
This Glazed Ham Loaf is a delightful dish that you can hardly resist ! Try this smoked ham with pineapple glaze . Feel free to share your views about this glazed ham loaf here. - 35.551
Chinese Glazed Fruit
Beat 3/4 cup water, the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt with hand beater until smooth.
Heat oil (1 to 1 1/2 inches) to 360°.
Stir apples into batter until coated.
Remove 1 piece at a time with slotted spoon, letting excess batter drip into... - 42.7369
Sorbet Cake With Chocolate Glaze
What can be more delicious than fruit flavored sorbets packed along with cookie crust and chocolate glaze served for dessert time? Delight your guests with this flavorful delicacy and they are sure going to love you for this awesome treat. Watch how you can... - 115.735
Roasted Peach And Whiskey Glazed Country Style Pork Ribs
It’s hard to believe that another season’s ended. The days are growing shorter, the weather is shifting and our fabulous summer produce is disappearing from the shelves. Fortunately one of my favorites is still making an appearance, peaches. - 31.3985
1) In a pan, mix dark brown sugar and butter.
2) Over medium heat, cook, stirring, until butter melts well.
3) To this, add banana pieces and creme de banana.
4) Cook, stirring gently, until bananas turn soft and are glazed well with the creme.
5)... - 40.6446
Homemade Toffee Apples
1. Prepare a large amount of boiling water which is enough to soak the apples in.
2. Set aside a baking tray with butter paper on it.
3. In a large bowl, soak the apples in the boiling water in batches. This will remove the waxy... - 40.1477
1 Pick over strawberries, choosing only the perfect ones. (If brusied or cut, their juices will flow and dissolve the candy coating.)
2 Wash, but do not hull; dry on paper towels. Pull back the hulls and insert a wooden pick deep into each.
3 In a... - 34.3161
This recipe is SO impressive and not hard at all. Its a one skillet kind of gourmet meal. Perfect to impress friends, family, or a special someone with. I like to ask my butcher to take out the backbone and flatten the chicken. If he’s nice he won’t... - 114.341
Cheshire Pork Pie
Divide the pastry into two pieces and roll into two circles to fit a 10'inch pie plate.
Line with one piece of pastry.
Cut the meat into pieces and chop .
Pare and core the apples and slice .
Put half the pork into the pie shell and season with salt, pepper... - 38.1622
Breakfast Bread Pudding
Many people don’t know that French Toast and Bread Pudding are essentially the same thing – stale bread saturated with custard that is cooked until it has a crunchy exterior and a gooey interior – the stuff dreams are made of. Individual nuances... - 120.515
Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
Cream the butter until soft, then work in sugar, a little at a time, until light and fluffy.
Finally, stir in orange rind.
Beat egg and milk together slightly.
Mix into sugar butter combination alternately... - 43.5045
Roast Quail With Cranberry Madeira Sauce
In a saucepan combine the cranberries, the brown sugar, the apple juice, the cranberry juice, the Madeira, the nutmeg, the ginger, the mustard, 1/2 cup of the broth, 2 tablespoons of the butter, the zest, and salt and pepper to taste.
Bring the liquid to a... - 40.3329
Nogados Portuguese Christmas Log
In large bowl, sift together flour, the 1 tablespoon sugar, and the salt.
Cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add eggs and lemon peel; mix well.
Turn out onto lightly floured surface.
Roll dough to 15 x 12-inch rectangle, 1/8 inch... - 42.5207
Raised Fruit Cake
Use very warm water (105°F.to 115°F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed.
Sprinkle dry yeast or crumble cake into water.
Let stand a few minutes; then stir until dissolved.
Pour hot milk over 1/4 cup sugar and the salt.
Cool to... - 47.7796
Heat honey in a small pan over medium-high heat just until it begins to bubble.
Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Stir in sugar, egg, lemon juice, and lemon peel; let cool to lukewarm.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, allspice,... - 43.2798
Country Time Lemonade Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease pan cake tin with butter and then dust with flour. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl add in the flour, salt and baking soda, whisk all the ingredients well.
3. In a mixing bowl add in the butter... - 0
I love Japanese food. It can be delicate or hearty, intricate or plain, sophisticated or everyday. Often people think Japanese food is hard to make. In fact, many popular Japanese dishes are fairly easy for the home cook. Teriyaki, tonkatsu and tempura all... - 0
Fresh Pear Tart With Ginger Cream
For the tart shell bake the tart according to the directions .
Roll out the excess dough and cut out a pear and 2 leaves.
Place these cutouts on a lightly buttered cookie sheet and bake them along with the tart, pricking them when they puff up.
prepare the... - 47.018
Orange Chocolate Mousse
This Chocolate Mousse is terrific ! A heavenly dessert that you can hardly afford to resist, try out this Chocolate Mouse at the earliest and tell me if you like it ! Your suggestions for this creamy chocolate fare are welcome ! - 46.921
Force the hard-boiled egg yolks through a fine-mesh sieve and beat until light and airy with 3/4 cup (80 g) sifted powdered sugar and the butter.
Add the vanilla sugar, salt, and sifted flour and thoroughly knead all these ingredients together.
Let the dough... - 44.3672
South African Chicken Pie
1) Cut the chicken neatly into quarters.
2) In a large skillet, put the chicken pieces, seasoning, vegetables and enough water to cover the contents. Cover and cook over low flame for about 30 minutes. Strain the stock and set it... - 46.7402
In a 3- to 4-quart pan, bring about 2 quarts water to boiling.
Add nuts and boil, uncovered, 3 minutes.
Return to pan and mix nuts and soy.
I Add granulated and powdered sugars; mix well.
Pour 1 to 1 1/2 inches oil into a wok or deep 10-inch... - 33.1558
Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
Coarsely grate the margarine into the bowl.
Stir in just sufficient water to make a firm dough.
Roll out on a lightly floured surface to make a strip about 1/2 inch thick and 6 inches (15 cm) wide.
Fold pastry in... - 41.107
Fancy Decorated Cookies
1. Grease a baking sheet lightly with fat.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. In a bowl or a container cream, butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat hard adding egg and vanilla.
5. In a bowl sift flour, measure and sift again... - 49.2608
Frosted Cinnamon Rolls
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Place a saucepan, with milk, on medium heat and heat to just below boiling point. Add 2 tbsp sugar, butter and mix well. Transfer to a large electric mixer bowl and allow to cool.
3. Dissolve yeast in warm... - 45.8981
1) Preheat oven hot to 425°F, 220°C or Gas No. 7.
2) Stir in fresh yeast with warm mixed milk and water, sugar and 4 oz (100 g) of the flour.
3) Let stand for about 20-30 minutes.
4) In the mixing basin add remaining flour, mixed spice... - 45.0463
Creamy Chocolate And Banana Pie
Learn how to make an incredible Pie from scratch with an incredible creamy Chocolate filling with Bananas in the bottom and a flaky buttery crust also known as pate sucree. Learn all the secrets for a perfect pie dough and try this recipe for Thanksgiving or... - 127.902
Armenian Easter Bread (choreg)
In a small bowl sprinkle the yeast over the warm water.
Stir in the one teaspoon sugar and set aside for ten minutes.
Meanwhile, in a separate bowl beat the butter with the sugar until creamy.
Add the eggs and beat well.
Blend in the milk, olive oil, yeast... - 45.4713
1. Prepare the pastry and let it chill for 15 minutes.
2. Let the oven heat to 375°F (190°C/Gas 5) and grease 12 large patty tins.
3. On a floured board roll out the pastry very thinly and cut out 12 circles using a 10 cm (4 in) cutter... - 45.1008
Greek Easter Bread
Greek Easter Bread has a moist taste. The flour and eggs gives the Greek Easter Bread Energizing taste. - 44.9919
1) Into a food processor or large bowl, sift together the flour, salt and sugar.
2) Cut in the butter till it is pea-sized.
3) To the mixture, add the lemon peel, egg white and yolk. Mix well to form a smooth ball.
4) Flatten the dough and form... - 46.2601
Pineapple Dream Boat
1. Halve pineapple lengthwise through crown. Using paring knife, cut out and discard core running down center of each pineapple half. Cut out pineapple from shell halves in large chunks and reserve (use a grapefruit knife, if you have one, since it cuts out... - 32.6269
Baklava is a sweet rich pastry picked with walnuts, cinnamon, frozen phyllo, honey and Chocolate Glaze. If you are craving for something deliciously extraordinary then give this classic Baklava a try. Baklava hardly takes time to grace any holiday table with... - 35.0049
Honey Bread With Aniseeds
1. In another large bowl, mix in the flours and add the spices
2. Then add the cream of tartar and mix well
3. Set aside till required
4. Prepare a 3 pint (2.5 litre/2 quart) square baking tin by greasing it and set aside
5. Preheat the oven to... - 47.807
Cassata Ice Cream
Prepare vanilla ice-cream according to the recipe.
Add a few drops green colouring if desired.
Prepare strawberry ice cream according to the recipe or prepare any kind of fruit ice-cream, adding a few drops of strawberry essence and a few drops of red colour... - 41.8298
Rich Bread Buns
1. In a cup, blend the yeast into about 4 fl oz (120 ml / 1/2 cup) of the water
2. Grease two loaf tins with the vegetable fat
3. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C (Gas Mark 7)
4. Place the flour in a heap on a large pastry board
5.... - 35.5563
Marshmallow Pavlova Slice
Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition until all sugar is dissolved.
Add vanilla and vinegar, beat further 1 minute.
Spread meringue into greased, greased-paper lined 28cm x 18cm (11 in by 7in) lamington... - 41.2009
How To Make A Perfect Éclair - Pâte Choux Like A Pro
Pâte Choux or cream puff pastry is the name for the dough used to make éclairs, profiteroles and cheese puffs. On this tutorial you will learn step by step how to make pate choux, how to check for the right consistency and how to finish your eclairs with a... - 130.241
Brioche I Traditional Method
Beat yeast with 1/4 cup warm water and 1/2 cup flour until smooth and sticky.
Pour remaining water into a warm bowl; with a rubber spatula, scrape yeast mixture into water, trying to keep in 1 piece, and let sink to the bottom.
Let rise in a warm, draft-free... - 42.1553
Chicken And Couscous Parcels
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5. Place the couscous in a bowl and just cover with boiling water. Soak for 10 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat until soft... - 40.9608