- » Hard Crusty French Bread
Hard Crusty French Bread Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Hard Crusty French Bread recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Hard Crusty French Bread recipes.
Classic Crusty French Bread
Soften yeast in 1/4 cup of the water.
Let stand 10 minutes.
To the remaining water add sugar, salt, shortening and 1 cup of the flour.
Beat until very smooth.
Add the yeast mixture and stir well.
Thoroughly fold in egg white, then add flour to make a stiff... - 37.4172
Light & Crusty French Bread
In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over water and let stand for about 5 minutes to soften.
Stir in salt.
Then mix in flour in 1 of the following ways.
With a heavy-duty mixer and dough hook.
Add 5 cups of the flour, 1 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until... - 32.1917
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut a thin slice from the top of each roll and set aside.
Carefully pull out the soft insides.
Melt butter and add garlic.
Cook gently, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Brush some of the mixture all over the inside of each... - 43.6438
Crusty Chicken Salad Rolls
1. To make salad, place mayonnaise, dressing and mustard in a bowl and mix to combine. Add chicken, apples, eggs, celery, spring onions and parsley. Season to taste with black pepper and toss to combine.
2. Cut rolls in half and spread bases with mayonnaise.... - 35.5163
Busy-day Lamb Ragout
1 Trim any fat from lamb; cut lamb into 1-inch cubes.
Combine with mushrooms and liquid, salt, herbs, cranberry-apple juice and 1/2 cup of the water in a kettle or Dutch oven; cover.
Heat to boiling.
2 Simmer 1 hour, or until lamb is almost tender.
... - 40.4591
Busy Day Lamb Ragout
1. Trim off all the excess fat from the lamb and slice them into 1-inch cubes.
2. In a kettle or Dutch oven, mix together mushrooms and liquid, salt, herbs, cranberry-apple juice and 1/2 cup of the water. Cover the pan and bring it to boil.
3. Simmer... - 43.2847
Moules A La Poulette
1) Properly clean the mussels and discard the broken or open shells, if any.
2) Scrape away all the grit and scum. Remove the beards, which are basically the hard, hair-like filaments that tend to protrude from between the two shells.
3)... - 45.4003
1) Break or cut the beans into short lengths.
2) In a salad bowl, put the beans.
3) Cut tomatoes into quarters.
4) Season the benas, add oil and vinegar and mix together well.
5) Chill the salad for 15 minutes.
6) Around the edge of the... - 41.0302
Sticky Glazed Spatchcock Poussin
1. Preheat the grill just before cooking. Place one of the poussins breast-side down on a board. Using poultry shears, cut down one side of the backbone. Cut down the other side of the backbone. Remove the bone.
2. Open out the poussin and press down hard on... - 32.7422
Jellied Chicken Loaf
1. Place the chicken, celery leaves, onion, salt, ginger, peppercorns and the 2 cups water in large saucepan; cover. Bring to boiling, then simmer 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
2. Remove chicken from the broth; cool while fixing gelatin mixture. Strain... - 40.3508
Dredge cheese with flour.
Rub cooking utensil with garlic.
Pour in wine and set over very slow heat.
When wine is heated to the point that air bubbles rise to the surface (it must not boil), stir with a fork and add cheese by handfuls, each handful to be... - 44.5388
On 6 salad plates, arrange beds of lettuce.
Arrange the chicken, eggs, tomatoes, blue cheese, and bacon in rows on top.
Garnish with avocado wedges placed on the side.
Serve with Brown Derby French Dressing and crusty garlic bread. - 29.1012
Sun And Moon Snack
1. To make rolls, place mayonnaise, dressing and mustard in a bowl and mix to combine. Add chicken, apples, eggs, celery, spring onions and parsley. Season to taste with black pepper and toss to combine. Top bases of rolls with mixture, then place other... - 32.0148
Combine eggs, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, chile, parsley, and salt.
Cook over a low flame for about 3 minutes.
Turn and cook 2 minutes longer.
Serve immediately with crusty French bread and you will rarely see a Hindu eating a dish prepared from beef, except... - 39.9534