- » Ham Shank
Ham Shank Recipes
Enjoy our collection of ham shank recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for ham shank recipes.
Place ham in crock pot.
Add seasonings and pour in water.
Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 12 hours. - 22.4025
Lentil Soup With Ham
Trim excess fat from ham shank.
In large kettle, combine ham shank and lentils with 5 cups cold water; bring to boiling.
Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 1 hour.
Meanwhile, melt butter in medium skillet.
Add celery, leek, onion, and garlic; saute 5 minutes.
Add... - 37.6387
Baked Beans With Ham
Cover beans with water, bring to boil, and boil for 2 minutes.
Cover pan and let stand for 1 hour.
Add onion and salt; cook until tender, adding more liquid if necessary.
Drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups liquid.
Mix liquid with ketchup and next 4 ingredients.
Put... - 43.5382
Hearty Ham & Bean Soup
Combine all the ingredients except carrots in a large heavy saucepot; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until beans are almost tender, about 2 hours.
Stir in carrots; cover and simmer until beans and vegetables are tender, about 1 hour... - 33.9141
Old Fashioned Split Pea With Ham Soup
Sort and rinse peas; place in a 4-quart pot.
Add water and ham shank.
Wash leeks thoroughly.
Trim, leaving 3 inches of green tops.
Cut leeks into 1/4-inch slices.
Melt butter or margarine in a skillet.
Add leeks, celery and onion.
Saute over medium-high heat... - 42.6397
Ham-Bean Soup has an awesome taste. The ham and chicken gives the Ham-Bean Soup a miraculous taste. Ham-Bean Soup is inspired by restaurants internationally. Must try it. - 37.3586
Ham Bean Soup
1. Bring water to boiling in a 6-quart saucepot. Add beans gradually to water so that boiling continues. Boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside 1 hour.
2. Drain beans, reserving liquid. Return beans to saucepot along with 4 cups of cooking liquid.
3.... - 39.2572
Smoked Ham And Lentil Soup
1. Sort the beans, rinse under water and drain. Keep aside.
2. In 5-quart Dutch oven, add all the soup ingredients.
3. Bring the contents to boil.
4. Decrease heat; cook under cover for 1 hour until lentils are soft and tender, but not... - 45.8541
Ham And Vegetable Soup
Place ham shanks, carrots, celery, onion and water in a Dutch oven or soup kettle; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat starts to fall off the bones.
Add potatoes and vegetables; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and... - 38.107
Jellied Ham Loaf
Simmer ham shank in the hot water, covered, for 2 hrs., or until tender.
Remove ham, reserving the stock.
Remove ham from the bone, then chop or grind enough to make 2 c.
Add the horse-radish, mustard, and parsley.
Soften gelatin in the cold water for 5 min.,... - 33.4818
Bean And Ham Soup
Bean and ham soup has been a classic favorite, but when it is homemade it rises to a whole other level especially with the intense flavor of ham. This simple soup recipe will warm your friends and family during the cold months and have them going in for... - 108.64
Ham And Split Pea Soup
Ham And Split Pea Soup makes the best pick as an anytime-soup and is pretty easy to prepare too. If you have all the ingredients ready at home, you can brew this Ham And Split Pea Soup in a matter of a few minutes. Just check out the recipe of the rich... - 31.7659
Fresh Ham With Cracklings And Pan Gravy
With a small sharp knife prick the ham skin all over, make 4 parallel 1/4-inch-deep incisions through the skin the entire length of the ham, and rub the ham lightly with the oil.
In a small bowl rub together the coarse salt, the thyme, the sage, the peppe - 24.7564
Bone In Pineapple Glaze Ham
1. Place ham, cut side down on microwave roasting rack, in 3-quart (13 x 9) glass baking dish.
2. Microwave on ROAST for 20 minutes. Turn ham on one side and continue cooking on ROAST for 20 minutes. Turn ham to other side. Mix crushed pineapple and brown... - 19.1021
Braised Ham Hock Lentil Soup
Those looking for an easy, comforting winter soup, watch Chef John’s version of simple lentil soup braised with smoked ham hock. Its definitely more than just a lentil soup. If you’re new to soup making, this is a great one to start with since it’s... - 94.5863
Zuppa Pasta Fagioli
Soak beans in water overnight; drain.
Remove skin and excess fat from ham shank.
Combine beans, ham shank or ham bone, garlic, 2 chopped tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, the sage, thyme and water in 4-quart saucepan.
Bring to a boil; cover and simmer gently 2... - 39.3679
Scald the cabbage sprouts to make them tender and then put all the vegetables through the food chopper, using the finest blade.
Mix well with salt and pepper and other seasonings.
Remove the skin from the ham and cut deep gashes lengthwise along the whole... - 36.1206
Strawberry Glazed Ham
Strawberry glazed ham is a fruited ham recipe. Made with strawberry and mustard blend cooked slightly, the strawberry glazed ham is baked in the oven to prepare. Brushed and flavored with the strawberry glaze with a hint of lemon, the strawberry glazed ham... - 32.7276
Easter Special Baked Ham
Baking ham for Easter and would like to make it truly special? Then this simple dish will surely delight you. Betty teaches you to make a delectably make-ahead baked ham recipe served with sweet and savory glaze. Ideal for feeding a crowd, this dish also... - 102.865
Glazed Ham With Pineapple And Onions
1. Place rack in lower third of oven and heat oven to 375°F. Place ham in a roasting pan and scatter onions around. Add the reserved pineapple juice to the pan. Cover pan snugly with foil and roast 1 hour.
2. In a measuring cup, stir together maple syrup,... - 27.8187
Beans And Ham Soup
1) The night before preparation, measure the beans and put them in a slow cooker.
2) Add three times as much water as the beans.
3) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW overnight.
4) The next day, drain away the water, if any.
5) To the cooker, add all the... - 45.2907
Boiled Ham With Lentils
Put the ham into a saucepan and add cold water to cover.
Set the pan over high heat and bring the water to a boil, skimming the fat and scum from the surface.
Remove the pan from the heat, drain the ham then rinse it in cold water.
Melt the drippings in a... - 42.1475
Butter Beans And Ham
1. Half-fill a large saucepan with water and stir in the beans, ham hock, the quartered onion, garlic, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until the beans are tender.
2. Drain the beans, reserving all of... - 32.6982
Baked Lima Beans And Ham
1) Rinse the lima beans well and cook in boiling water for 2 min; cover and keep aside for an hour.
2) Cut the ham into large chunks and remove the excess fat from the pieces.
3) In a small cheesecloth place the whole spices and bay leaf and... - 42.0075
Crumb Topped Smithfield Ham
1 Soak ham overnight, or for 24 hours, in a large quantity of water. (If you have a free sink, that is the perfect place to soak the ham. This helps to remove some of the curing salt from the ham.)
2 Scrub the ham with a brush and rinse well to... - 34.3638
Honey Dazed Ham
1. To remove the rind from ham, first cut a scallop pattern through the rind around the shank bone. Starting from the broad end of ham, gently ease rind away from the fat. Continue to peel off gently, and rind should come off in one piece. Hold ham firmly in... - 32.1781
Whole Smithfield Ham
This Whole Smithfield Ham is a desire ! Try this country styled Ham glazed with corn syrup for your next meal. If you want to know more about this delicious Whole Smithfield Ham please let me know. - 29.9006
Honey Baked Ham
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place the ham, fat side up, on a rack in a large roasting pan. Using a small sharp knife, score the fat into diamonds and stud with the cloves. Pour 1 inch of hot water into the pan and bake, uncovered, 1/4 hours for a 12-pound... - 28.4248
Cut a scallop or Vandyke pattern around thick end of ham shank and ease skin away from fat. Turn ham over and ease away rest of skin which should come off in one piece. Place ham fat side uppermost, on a rack in a roasting tin containing 3.5cm of water. Cover... - 25.5731
Peach Glazed Virginia Ham
Heat oven to 325°F. Remove skin from ham; trim off any excess fat. Score fat 1/4 inch deep in 1-inch diamonds. Place ham, fat side up, in roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer into thickest part of ham, not touching the bone. Bake 1-1/2 hours until... - 38.6198
Brown Sugar Honey Crusted Ham
Remove skin and excess fat from ham.
Place ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Brush honey all over ham.
Combine brown sugar and next... - 35.7313
According to the size of the ham, it will need seven to eight hours of slow cooking in unsalted water to cover, without letting the water boil.
Keep the temperature about 180° F. [85° C.].
In general, the cooking time is 20 to 25 minutes to the pound [1/2... - 24.2528
Fruited Glazed Ham
Fruited Glazed Ham is a wonderful seafood ham preparation that is perfect for parties. I served this dish to my guests last week and it was an immediate hit! Try this Fruited Glazed Ham recipe at your home. - 40.5496
Ham Poached With Hay
The day before serving, prepare the ham by sawing off the knuckle end of the shank bone and removing the pelvic bone.
Soak the ham overnight in cold water to cover.
The following day, put the ham in a large pot, cover it completely with fresh cold water, and... - 32.2744
Baked Ham With Madeira Sauce
With a sharp knife cut off and discard leathery skin from ham.
Place ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow pan; insert meat thermometer into thickest part of meat without touching bone.
Roast, uncovered, in a 325° oven for 1 hour.
Remove from oven; score... - 22.5456
Roast Fresh Ham With Savory Stuffing
Have the butcher remove the aitchbone and leg bone from the ham, leaving the shank bone in.
Melt butter; add onion and celery, and cook slowly for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add 1 1/2 teaspoons sage, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 tea spoon pepper, the... - 45.909
Hickory Smoked Fresh Ham
Soak 3 handfuls (about 5 oz / 155 g) of hickory chips in water to cover for about 1 hour.
Prepare a fire for indirect-heat cooking in a covered grill .
Position the grill rack 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) above the fire.
In a small bowl, stir together the salt,... - 42.4546
1) Place a metal rack or trivet in a 4-quart or a larger slow cooker and keep the ham on the rack.
2) Cook covered on LOW for about 5-6 hrs; remove the ham, discard the juices, skin and fat; score the ham and insert the cloves.
3) In a small... - 31.8973
Place ham on metal rack or trivet in slow-cooking pot.
Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours.
Pour off juices; remove rind.
Score ham; stud with whole cloves.
In small saucepan, melt jelly with remaining ingredients.
Remove metal rack or... - 39.1934
Hoppin' John 'n' Ham
1 Soak the peas overnight in water to cover generously (about 6 cups); drain.
2 In a 6-quart pressure cooker,combine peas,ham,onion,salt and pepper. Add 3 cups water,making sure that all the peas are covered.
3 Secure the cover and cook... - 41.9631
Glazed Virginia Ham
If the ham is too long for a home size kettle, have the shank end cut off.
Scrub the ham thoroughly with a brush, cover it with water and let it stand twelve to eighteen hours.
Scrub the ham again and cover with fresh water.
Cover the kettle and bring to a... - 33.4319
1. Place ham on roasting rack in a 2-quart glass baking dish. Shield protruding corners or shank end with foil. Do not allow foil to touch walls inside microwave oven.
2. Cook 40 to 50 minutes, allowing 8 to 9 minutes per pound. Turn ham over and rotate dish... - 12.7876
Slivered Country Ham With Finger Biscuits
For biscuits: Preheat oven to 425°F.
Grease baking sheet.
Combine dry ingredients in deep bowl.
Using pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
With fork, add milk and toss gently; do not overmix (use only enough milk to make dough... - 42.4062
Tropical Glazed Ham
1) First remove the rind from the ham by cutting a scallop pattern around the shank bone. Now gently peel the rind away from the fat. Use a sharp knife to separate the rind from the fat in a diamond pattern. Carefully take off the rind by... - 45.2066
Swedish Pea Soup With Ham
Sort Swedish peas and discard any debris.
Rinse and drain, then place in a 10- to 12-quart pan and add water.
Bring to a boil; remove from heat, cover, and let stand until next day.
Add onions, carrots, and cumin seeds; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover,... - 42.4786
Hickory Smoked Ham With Maple Mustard Sauce
Soak wood chunks or chips in water; drain.
If using a canned ham, scrape off any gelatin.
If using another type of fully cooked ham, such as a bone-in shank, trim most of the fat, leaving a 1/8-inch layer. (The thinner the fat layer, the better the glaze will... - 33.2439
Orange And Ginger Glazed Ham
PREPARE WEBER (kettle) barbecue for indirect cooking at moderate heat (normal fire).
1.Remove rind by running your thumb around edge of ham, under the rind.
Begin pulling from the widest edge.
When rind has been removed to within 10 cm of the shank end, cut... - 36.0066
Ham In Puff Pastry
1. Visit the nearest meat shop and ask the butcher to bone part of the ham. Instruct him to leave the end bone just to make carving easier.
2. Wash and rub the ham properly and position in a large kettle.
3. Pre-heat the oven at... - 41.3144
Stuffed Fresh Ham
1 Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2 FOR the stuffing : In a deep bowl, place the bread crumbs, ground pork, egg, onions, parsley, garlic, sage, salt and a few grindings of pepper.
3 Knead vigorously with both hands to combine the... - 44.2103
Schnitz Un Gnepp
1. Put the dried apples in a medium-size bowl. Pour in the boiling water, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and set the apples aside.
2. Meanwhile, place the ham in an 8-quart stock-pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil over high heat.... - 33.6347
Wine Glazed Baked Fresh Ham With Gravy
1. With a sharp knife, cut and remove the skin from the fresh ham. Trim the fat, leaving about a 1/4-inch-thick layer. Cut 5 or 6 diagonal slashes, about 1/3 inch deep and 1 1/2 inches apart, over the fat layer.
2. Preheat the oven to slow (325°).
3. Place... - 45.2793
Cornucopia Ham Glazed
1 Two days before serving,in a large shallow baking pan place ham, fat side up.
2 Bake in a slow oven at 325 degrees for 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours, or until heated through. Chill overnight.
3 The next day,in a small saucepan, combine... - 45.706
Veal And Ham Pie
1) When purchasing, ask the seller to saw the shank bone into pieces.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
3) In a large pan, put the shank bone and veal and cover with the stock.
4) Add the bouquet garni, bay leaves, parsley... - 45.641
Maryland Stuffed Ham
1. Trim thick, outer skin, if any, from the ham. Make X-shape cuts, about 3 inches deep and 1 inch apart, all over fat side with a sharp knife.
2. Trim stems from spinach and cut out any coarse ribs. Trim green onions and parsley; wash all greens well; dry on... - 35.6254
Maryland Stuffed Ham
1 Trim the thick skin, if any, from the ham. Make X-shape cuts, 3 inches deep and 1 inch apart, all over the fat side with a sharp knife.
2 Trim the stems from spinach and cut out any coarse ribs. Trim green onions and parsley; wash all greens... - 42.3669
Fresh Ham Half With Parsley Crumb Crust
1. With knife, remove skin and excess fat from pork leg, leaving only a thin fat covering. Place pork leg, fat side up, on rack in open roasting pan. Rub pork with 1 teaspoon salt. Insert meat thermometer into center of thickest part of pork, being careful... - 35.6792
Winter Green Minestrone
In an 8- to 10-quart pan, combine water and ham hocks.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until meat is tender when pierced (about 2 hours).
Then lift out ham hocks and let stand until cool enough to handle.
Pull meat from bones in... - 42.1913
Sort peas and discard any debris; rinse well and drain.
Set peas aside.
Heat oil in a 6- to 8-quart pan over medium heat.
Add turnips, carrots, bell pepper, and chiles; cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add ham hocks, peas, and water.
Increase heat to high... - 39.6251
This homemade pea soup recipe is prepared with a handful of ingredients but is quite tasty and savory. Cooked in ham stock with onions and split green peas and rice, this pea soup is frugal but filling and delicious when seasoned to taste and served hot. - 27.3955
Rabbit And Pork Terrine
Rabbit And Pork Terrine is an irresistible mouth-watering recipe. An easy to prepare non-veg recipe, Rabbit And Pork Terrine is a dish that you would surely love to try. - 38.6851
Combine all ingredients in crock pot; stir well.
Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 16 hours (on high setting for 4 to 6 hours). - 29.9767
Split Pea Soup
Heat water and peas to boiling in 4-quart Dutch oven; boil 2 minutes.
Remove from heat; cover and let stand 1 hour.
Stir in onion, celery and pepper; add ham shanks.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until peas are tender, about 1 1/2... - 39.5822
Garbanzo Bean Soup
Heat water and beans to boiling in Dutch oven; boil 2 minutes.
Remove from heat; cover and let stand 1 hour.
Add ham shank, onion, garlic, bouillon, salt, pepper and red pepper to beans.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until beans are almost... - 39.0567
Stuffed Leg Of Lamb
The stuffed leg of lamb is prepared with a stuffing of veal, ham, breadcrumbs and mushrooms. Spiced with cloves and worcestershire sauce, the stuffed leg of lamb is roasted and best served with mint jelly or spiced peaches. - 44.1222
Jambon Chaud Froid
Make straight cut to bone 4 to 5 inches from shank.
Make one cut at a 45Â° angle about 3 inches from end of ham to meet the bottom of first cut.
This slant cut acts as a wedge to hold the remaining slices in place.
Remove the wedge and set aside.
Slice... - 39.6575
Garbanzo Chorizo Soup
1. Take a large kettle, and add ham shanks, water, onions, bay leaf and beef bouillon cubes and cook over low heat for about 1 ½ hours until the meat turns soft.
2. Spoon out the ham shank.
3. Cut the meat into manageable pieces and stir into soup.... - 45.3801
Old-fashioned Split-pea Soup
1) In 3-1/2-quart kettle, combine peas and 1 quart water.
2) Bring to boiling.
3) Lower the heat; cover the kettle and simmer for 45 minutes.
4) Add more water if necessary.
5) Add ham shank and rest of ingredients; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
6)... - 47.2554
Sort and rinse beans; place in a 4-quart pot.
Add water to a level 3 inches above beans.
Bring beans and water to a boil.
Boil 2 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Cover and let stand 1 hour.
Drain beans, discarding water.
Return beans to pot.
Add 2 quarts water,... - 42.4613
Best Split Pea Soup
1) Take a 4-quart casserole and place ham in it.
2) Cover it with water and then mix in seasonings, onion, celery, carrot and peas.
3) Cook the mixture, covered for 25 minutes on High.
4) Take off ham shank from casserole and chop meat into small... - 44.0993
Prepare Chicken Broth.
Heat oil in a large saucepan.
Add parsley and garlic.
Saute over medium heat.
Before garlic changes color, add pancetta.
Saute until lightly browned.
Stir in cabbage.
Cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
Add remaining vegetables to... - 42.1429
Pork Pot With Cabbage
In an earthenware pot if possible, or in an enameled-iron pan, melt the lard over low heat.
Place the salt-pork rind in the bottom of the pot.
Put in the ham shank, then the salt pork, turnips, carrots and leeks.
Add the onion and the bouquet garni.
Pour in... - 38.0848
Peppered Split Pea Soup
Soak dried peas overnight in 2 c of cold water.
In morning, drain off water and measure; to this add enough more water to make 6 c in all.
Saute the onion until tender in the butter, or in fat cut from the ham bone, in a deep kettle.
Add ham bone, drained... - 36.0029
Easy Split Pea Soup
In a kettle, melt butter, add onion.
Saute until tender.
Add ham bone, peas, celery salt, salt, pepper and water.
Simmer until peas mash readily when pressed between fingertips (about 1 hour).
Remove ham bone, cut off meat.
Return meat to soup with hot... - 39.7835
Hearty Bean Soup
1. In a 5 quarter slow cooker add parsnips, carrots and onion.
2. Place beans on top.
3. Add water, ham, garlic, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Mix well.
4. Cook covered on high for 6-7 hours until beans are done.
5. Let it cool.
6. Remove the meat... - 47.2426
1) In a Dutch oven, cook bacon till crisp, drain, and reserve 2 tablespoon of the drippings.
2) Stir bacon until it crumbs and then keep aside.
3) In the reserved drippings, stir fry onion until soft and then stir in beef shank, ham hock, salt and... - 43.5001
Microwaved Split Pea Soup
In 3 qt glass casserole combine all ingredients.
Microwave (high), covered, 10 minutes.
Reduce to medium (50%) for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Rest, covered, 10 minutes.
Test for doneness.
Adjust seasoning. - 27.2706
Barley Bean Soup
Place beef shank, ham knuckles, navy beans, barley, celery tops, and onion in a large kettle.
Pour over cold water; cover and simmer 3 hours.
Remove meat, and when cool enough to handle, slice from the bone and cut in small pieces.
Return meat to soup, season... - 29.3604
Split Pea Soup
1) Prepare all the ingredients.
2) Take a 3 qt. glass casserole and combine all ingredients in it.
3) Cover the casserole and Microwave (high) for 10 minutes.
4) Reduce the temperature to medium (50%) for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10... - 40.3141
Split Pea Soup
Place the split peas in a 2-quart saucepan with enough water to cover the peas by 2 inches.
Bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 1 hour.
Drain and rinse the split peas.
In a heavy pot, heat the oil and saute the... - 40.9593
Holiday Boar's Head
Holiday Boar'S Head is a tasty ham dish with a unique flavor that makes it very difficult to resist. I have a weakness for ham dishes and this dish pleases me plenty! Try this Holiday Boar'S Head recipe and you will understand why. - 42.6039
Lamb And Sausage Soup
Wash lentils in cold water and drain well; place in a large pan.
Coarsely dice the carrots, and chop the onions.
Add carrots, onions, water, and the salt to the lentils.
Bring this mixture to a boil and add the lamb shanks, ham hock, and 1 cup of the dry red... - 34.6326
While beans are cooking, arrange chicken pieces and pork chops in a large, greased broiler pan; they should be close together, and in a single layer in the pan.
Brush with part of the drippings or melted butter.
Broil slowly with the meat about 8 inches from... - 43.509
Lamb & Sausage Soup
Sort lentils and remove any debris.
Rinse and drain lentils; place in an 8- to 10-quart pan and add carrots, onions, and water.
Bring to a boil, then add lamb shanks, ham hocks, and 1 cup of the wine.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer gently until meats are very... - 38.0761
Pinto Bean Soup
Rinse beans; place in Dutch oven with 4 cups cold water.
Bring to boiling; simmer for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat; let stand 1 hour.
Add beef shank, ham hock, onion, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, thyme, and dash pepper; return to heat and bring to boiling.
Cover;... - 37.2508
Split Pea Soup
Wish to surprise your guests with something extraordinary?. Well, this Split Pea Soup is all set to perk-up the meal this time. Equally popular with children and adults, this Split Pea Soup is simply irresistable to make them go drooling! - 46.106
Serbian Beans (pasulj Prebranac)
This is a national dish amongst Serbians. The beans used are a sort of yellow bean that has a buttery texture, but if you can't find them in a Blakan market, never mind. You can use Peruanos available in Mexican markets or a mixture of various beans. - 49.4143
Cooking Easy French Food - Croque Monsieur
I love the Croque Monsieur; the perfect breakfast dish. I mean, who wouldn't right? This French cafe classic dish is quite easy to make, and this video explains the recipe in simple steps. If you need ham and bread to start off your day, then you are at the... - 118.372
In a 12- to 14-quart pan, combine broth, ham hocks, beef shanks, and onions.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until meats are very tender when pierced, about 2 hours.
Lift out meats; when cool enough to handle, remove and discard skin, bones,... - 38.3648
Sauerkraut Soup (kapusniak)
Cook pork sharks in water in a 5 quart kettle 20 minutes.
Skim off foam.
Add onion, bay leaf, peppercorns, and parsley.
Cook about 45 minutes, or until meat is tender.
Remove meat from broth.
Strain broth; return to kettle.
Remove meat from bones; discard... - 39.9365
Simmer ham, beef, water and onions in Dutch oven 4 hours over medium low heat, covered.
Uncover and simmer 2 hours longer.
Discard bones and cube meat.
Add tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, pepper and thyme to meat stock.
Simmer 10 minutes.
Add remaining... - 33.2561
Five Star Soup
1 Pick over beans, rinse and place in a large bowl. Pour the boiling water over; cover; let stand 1 hour.
2 Trim several small pieces of fat from ham; melt in a kettle or Dutch oven. Stir in cabbage, carrots, onion, celery and garlic; sauté slowly, stirri - 28.6037
Classic Boston Baked Beans
1) In a pan, soak the rinsed beans in water for a few hours or simmer on low heat for an hr.
2) Scrape and cut the salt pork into 1/2-inch strips.
3) Season the beans with the mustard, salt and molasses , blend well.
4) In an ovenproof baking pan,... - 33.2748
Linsensuppe Lentil Soup
1) Wash lentils.
2) Cover them with cold water and soak for a whole night.
3) On the following day, drain lentils.
4) Take a Dutch oven and sautÃ© diced bacon in it until golden.
5) Stir in onions and carrots and sautÃ© them until... - 43.0852
Pasta & Bean Soup
Rinse beans and place in a 6-quart pan with the water.
Bring to a rapid boil and continue to boil for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 1 hour.
To pan, add the 1 clove garlic, onion, carrot, celery, tomatoes, and ham.
Bring mixture to a... - 43.9309
Chorizo Garbanzo Stew
1. Soak beans in the water overnight in a covered pan; rinse and set aside.
2. In a saucepan combine beans and the water; bring it to boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes; remove from heat.
4. Cover and let it stand for 1 hour; do... - 48.224
Stewed Knuckle Of Veal
Wipe the meat, separate the shank bone and put it with the meat into a saucepan with enough water to cover.
Bring to the boil, skim well, add the vegetables cut into dice, the bouquet garni and salt.
The ham or bacon for the garnish should be boiled... - 37.4195
Lamb And Lentil Soup
1. Rinse lentils and set aside for later use.
2. In a large saucepan combine together pork hock, onion lamb shanks, garlic, salt, pepper and water; bring it to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 2 hours.
4. Remove lamb shanks and pork... - 47.702
Mint Glazed Lamb
1. With a sharp knife make 6 slits in lamb and insert 1/3 of a garlic clove in each.
2. Season the lamb with rosemary and pepper.
3. In an 8-inch square dish, place the ham and place it on the microwave roasting rack.
4. In a glass bowl, mix the... - 40.0097
Tuscan Bean Soup With Spinach
1. Rinse beans. In a 4 1/2- or 5-quart Dutch oven, combine beans and 6 cups water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Or place beans in water in Dutch oven. Cover and let soak in... - 36.2952
Ham Shank Recipes By Category