- » Haitian
Haitian food is moderately spicy and has a unique and distinct flavor. Haitian cuisine offers a variety of dishes which are mostly influenced by African, Spanish, and French culinary traditions. Haiti is situated on ... More »
Haitian Bean Dish
1. Preheat oven to 250°
2. Boil beans in water for 5 minutes keeping the pan covered.
3. Add salt. Let the beans stand for 60 minutes.
4. Drain the excess liquid and reserve it.
5. In another pan add oil and saute garlic, parsley and... - 44.6176
Haitian Ice Cream
Have you always been a fan of Chocolate Ice cream then this Haitian Ice Cream will make you love it even more! A slightly spiced up dessert to say, this Haitian Ice Cream is a wonderful pick for parties and get-togethers! Give it a try and let me know how it... - 44.1709
Haitian Upside-down Cake
For topping, blend butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup, then add nuts and mix well.
Spread nut mixture over bottom of a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
Forsake, melt chocolate over hot, not boiling, water.
Cream butter with sugar thoroughly.
Beat in egg yolks,... - 42.7948
Haitian Ice Cream
1. Combine milk and chocolate in top of a double boiler; heat over boiling water until milk is scalded and chocolate is melted.
2. Combine sugar, flour, salt, and cloves; add gradually to milk mixture, blending well. Cook and stir over direct heat 5... - 33.3163
The haitian rarebit are cooked and browned kaiser rolls made with a filling of cheese with relish and chopped meat. I serve these up as filling snacks often when the kids are in the mood for something savory. Easily made, the haitain rarebit can be made with... - 30.709
Haitian Black Beans
1. In shallow 1-quart microwavable casserole combine onion, tomato, bell pepper, chili pepper, and oil and stir to coat. Microwave on High (100%) for 1 minute, until onion is softened.
2. Using a fork, mash 2 ounces beans. Add mashed and whole beans, 1/3 cup... - 25.4468
Haitian Chocolate Rum Sauce
Combine coffee extract and chocolates in a heavy saucepan.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted.
Heat rum, ignite it, and when the flames subside, stir into the chocolate mixture.
Serve hot over cake. - 19.6809
Haitian Recipes By Category