- » Gujarati Snack
Gujarati Snack Recipes
Enjoy our collection of gujarati snack recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for gujarati snack recipes.
Dhokla Or Gujarati Idra
All you snack lovers will relish the gujarati dhokla. This is a traditional gujarati snack. It can be prepared in a few minutes. The chef shows how to prepare the dhokla mix. You must try out this recipe after watching the video. - 135.095
Khichiya Papad- Start To Finish
If you're looking for the perfect recipe of the gujarati khichiya papdi, then look no further. Chef Bhavna shows the traditional way of making Khichiya papdi from start to finish. Don't forget to watch the video for this amazing recipe. - 133.562
Instant Pan Handvo - Savory Pan Cake - Gujarati Cuisine
If you enjoy eating traditional Gujarati snacks, then you'll really love this one. The chef explains the recipe so nicely. It can be served with tea, as it tastes great. You can also bake it if you like but traditionally it is made on the pan. Watch the video... - 132.689
Instant Khatta Dhokla - Gujarati Idra
Those who are fond of Gujarati snacks will enjoy the khatta dhokla. Instant khatta dhokla is easy to prepare and this snack tastes great. It can be made in a few minutes. This is at famous gujarati snack. Do check out the video before trying it at home. - 131.765
Bhakarwadi - Gujarati
To all those people who love Indian-Guajarati snacks will surely love this. The layering is important while making this dish. Chef Bhavna shows the recipe in detail. Do watch the video, before trying it at home. - 131.554
Sarasiya Khaja - Fried Flaky Biscuits
1. In a bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, black pepper, white chili powder and turmeric powder. Mix well and set aside.
2. Slowly pour in 1/2 cup of warm water to make the dough. Make sure the dough is not too hard or too... - 125.736
Those who enjoy dhokla must have tried making the dish at home. If your attempt to making the dish was disastrous, then you have stumbled upon the right place. Chef Manjula is going to share her sooji dhokla recipe which is slightly different from the... - 123.404
Methi Muthiya For Undhiyu - Fenugreek Leaves Dumplings
Again if you're looking for the recipes of gujurati snacks, then you must try making this dish. You can use the it in any curry you make or you can have it with tea, as it tastes great with tea. It is called methi muthiya in Gujarati cuisine. It tastes so... - 122.327
Trirangi Khandvi - Tri-color Stuffed Khandvi
To all those who are fond of making Gujarati snacks, should surely check this out. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the stuffed khandvi. She uses different types of filling to make it more tastier. You can serve it with chutney. Do try out this recipe and don't... - 122.247
Makhania Biscuits - Namkeen Or Khari Or Butter Biscuits
If you're fond of eating Indian made biscuits then do try these salty biscuits . It's very simple to make and tastes delicious too. You can serve it with tea . If you're looking for a quick recipe then this it. Watch the video for this amazing recipe of ... - 122.203
Three Minute Microwave Dhokla
Now forget about steaming your dhokla in a steamer? Here is a very easy microwave dhokla recipe which anyone on earth can cook. The chef has a detailed recipe and if you have a microwave you can cook the dish in just 3 minutes. Serve the dish with a spicy... - 116.985
Indian Steamed Dumplings
Indian Home cook Manjula has a steamed dumpling recipe which is tasty and healthy. These are cabbage balls steamed and stir fried before serving. Definitely a must try low calorie appetizer for the next party. Following her step by step recipe video makes the... - 114.346
1. In a bowl mix besan, salt, turmeric powder and baking soda.
2. Add 1 tablespoon oil and mix adding little water into firm dough.
3. In a sev or gathiya maker set the ribbon blade.
4. Take a little oil to your palm and smoothen the dough.
5. Spray... - 111.039
1. Soak chana dal for about an hour and make a smooth paste out of it.
2. In a pot heat oil, splutter mustard seeds and remove off heat.
3. Once the oil is cooled down add asafoetida, turmeric powder and chana dal paste and keep stirring... - 109.32
Handvo - Steamed Savory Vegetable Cake - Gujarati Cuisine
Those who follow gujarati recipes must have heard of this dish. It is called Handvo in Gujarati cuisine. It is a combination of rice and lentils. It can be cooked as well as baked. The chef has baked the handvo and it looks yummy. Simply delicious to eat. Do... - 109.276
1. In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and sugar.
2. Add ghee, mix it keeping your hand light while mixing and crumble to smoothen the texture.
3. Add yogurt slowly by teaspoons and mix taking care to not over work the... - 109.117
1. In a saucepan heat together water, papad khara and ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
2. If using baking powder do not heat the water.
3. In a bowl add the besan, carom seeds, chili powder and salt to taste mix well
4. Add 6 tablespoons oil and... - 107.878
Instant Khaman - Nylon Khaman - Gujarati Cuisine
If you're searching for some quick recipes of Indian snacks, then you are at the right place. This is an instant recipe, so if you have some unexpected guests at home then you need not worry. It's so tasty that it melts in your mouth. It can be served with... - 107.672
Fafda - Chickpea Snack - Gujarati Cuisine
To all those people who enjoy Gujarati snacks should try this recipe out. The chef makes the traditional fafda which is a very popular gujarati snack. It is made out of gram flour. You can serve it with green chilli or chutney. Check out the video as the... - 107.601
1. Mix all ingredients and knead adding water to the consistency of chappati dough.
2. Cover with a cloth and leave for about 15 minutes.
3. Smoothen the dough with 1/2 teaspoon oil and knead a little.
4. Divide the dough into equal golf size or... - 107.428
Again this is the recipe for Gujarati cuisine lovers. This is a famous gujarati snack. It is a little similar to the dhokla. It Is easy to cook and can be made soon. This is a very basic and simple gujarati snack. You must try out the recipe and definitely... - 107.241
Khichi - Rice Flour Khichu - Papadi No Lot - Gluten Free
If you are looking for the recipe of khichiya papad, then you must check this out. Chef Bhavna shows the recipe step by step. Mostly people buy it from the market, but you can always try making it at home. Do check out the video for this interesting recipe. - 106.765
Dudhi Muthiya Or Kofta (bottle Gourd Balls) - Gujarati
To all those who enjoy eating Gujarati snacks will enjoy this snack. The muthiya can be stored for a week. Chef Bhavna explains the recipe in detail, so do watch the video for the recipe of the tasty snack. - 106.178
Khandvi - Surali Wadi Or Suralichi Vadi - Gujarati Cuisine
If you are fond of eating Gujarati snacks, then you will love the khandvi. It is a famous gujarati snack. Chef Bhavna explains the recipe so well. You should definitely try this recipe. I'm sure your family and guests will enjoy eating it. Do check out the... - 102.891
This Diwali surprise your family and friends with these traditional crispy chorafali. Take a look at this video that demonstrates how to make some absolutely crispy and super delicious chorafali in your kitchen. The video is nicely explained and offers great... - 99.0039
Mathiya Or Mathia Recipe - Diwali Special
As Diwali is nearing and if you're planning to make some homemade snacks, then do try this yummy recipe. The chef shows a simple and easy recipe to make this yummy dish and you can make it on Diwali. Watch the video for the recipe of this tasty snack. - 98.8066
Muthia Or Muthiya (steamed Dumplings With Vegetable Or Herb)
If you enjoy eating Gujarati cuisine, the do try out this snack. They are called muthiya in Gujarati cuisine. The Chef has used fresh dill but you can use any other green vegetable like fenugreek. This snack is very healthy as it's steamed. These taste... - 95.6556
Methi Thepla(fenugreek Leaves Bread)-my New Style
Keen on making a gujarati bread, then you must try this easy recipe. It is called methi thepla in Gujarati cuisine. It is so easy and quick to make. You can eat it as a snack or even have it with Indian tea. It tastes so yummy. So do try out the recipe and... - 95.6061
Khaman - Vateli Dal Na Khaman - Gujarati Cuisine
if you're keen on trying some Gujarati snacks, then do check out this recipe. In India we call it kaman. It is simply delicious and very easy to make. I'm sure your family and guests will love it. Do try out this recipe and don't forget to watch the video. - 95.0401
Methi Thepla Or Dhebra-fenugreek Leaves Bread
Gujarati snack lovers will again enjoy this tasty snack. It is called methi dhebra in Indian cuisine. They are so tasty and easy to make. You can serve with tea, as they taste great with Indian tea. I'm sure your family and friends will love it. So don't... - 93.5756
Kharkharia Recipe -suvari -diwali Special
Diwali is just round the corner and if you're planning to make some homemade snacks, then do try this recipe by Chef Bhavana. She demonstrates a simple and easy recipe to make kharkharia - a very famous gujarati snack prepared during Diwali. Watch the video... - 93.2694
Methi Makhania Biscuits - Fenugreek Leaves Biscuits
If you enjoy eating Indian snacks, then you will like these biscuits. They are made out of fenugreek. It's so delicious and can be easily made without much effort. You can serve these biscuits with tea. Do check out the video for this amazing recipe. - 92.8798
Bottle Gourd Savory Cake
Are you looking for the recipe of Indian savory cake.? Then do try this one. Chef Bhavna shows this simple recipe of making this savory cake. This is a famous gujarati snack and it tastes yummy with tea. Don't forget to watch the video. - 92.7809
The Bhajia ( Deep Fried Vege- Slices) Dinner
Who doesn't drool over the mention of crunchy munchies like Indian bhajias? Chef Bhal Dave tells you how to prepare this fried crispies at home to the perfection. All you have to do is to get the batter right and dip your favorite veggies into it for yummy... - 84.7755
Sunita's Surati Snacks (biscuits)
Looking for a homemade tea-time snack? Try these cripsy, flavorful golden biscuits from Surat that are sure treat for the tastebuds. Chef Bhal Dave shares the recipe with us in this video and step-by-step details the method. By following the recipe to the T,... - 84.0352
How To Make Multi-nuts Chikki Or Talsankli
Not able to meet your fitness goals? Maybe you aren't snacking right. Chef Bhal Dave presents a simple recipe of eternal favorite snack — talsankli or chikki, that is not only nutritious, but is also a cinch to make. Just go through the recipe and you would... - 83.8812
Would you like to try simple Dhokla at home? This recipe is just the way it is prepared in Indian homes. Dhokla is a delicious Gujrati fast food.It is generally eaten during breakfast. You will love this traditional Dhokla recipe. - 50.5485
Assorted Karanjias For Diwali - Sweet Stuffed Fried Dumplings
Karanjias are traditional Maharastrian-Gujarati sweet snacks made during the festive occasion of Diwali. They are also known by different names such as Gujiyas, Karanjis, Ghugharas, Nevris, Pirikiya or Karjikayis. These fried dumplings are stuffed with a... - 48.0394
This Damni Dhokla recipe is from my Granny's cookbook. A true Indian pick to dish out, this Damni Dhokla has my own variations to it, specially to appeal to my family! Give it a try and I am sure you will love it. - 45.2581
For the Dhokla :
1. Mix all the ingredients, except for Eno fruit salt.
2. Make a smooth paste. Add water to make the consistency right.
3. In the meantime, keep a pressure cooker ready on the stove. Put two round pans in the cooker.
4. Add lite fruit salt to... - 42.5845
Gujarati Khaman Dhokla -steamed Lentil Cakes
1. Soak the grams together for 6 hours.
2. Grind finely in a round stone grinder, to allow it to froth up.
3. Add ground ginger, green chillies, salt, asafoetida, turmeric, soda bicarbonate and sugar.
4. Heat oil. Pour into the mixture. Mix well and keep for... - 40.5545
Grind the soaked rice to a coarse paste.
Add the ginger and green chilies and grind once more.
Mix in the millet flour in small quantifies at a time along with the sour yogurt and turmeric powder and blend well, adding water if necessary.
Add the chopped... - 40.1692
Instant Rava Handvo
1. Mix all ingredients, except for soda.
2. Make a thickish batter, adding buttermilk accordingly.
3. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
4. Now gently mix in soda.
5. Put a medium heavy saucepan or kadai to heat.
6. Add very few of both seeds.
7. Allow to splutter.... - 37.1978
This is a very famous gujarati snack. The best thing is its a finger food. - 35.9761
Moong Dal Dhoklas
1. Soak the moong dal for 2 hours. Drain.
2. Add the green chillies and a little water and grind in a mixer.
3. Add the gram flour, curds, asafoetida and salt.
4. When you want to serve, add the fruit salt and mix well.
5. Pour the mixture into two thalis of... - 35.2427
1. Mix the buttermilk with all the other ingredients together and stir well.
2. Separate mixture into two equal portions and stir in 1 tsp of baking powder in each portion.
3. Place the portions in a pan (20cm wide, 2-3 cm thick) in a double boiler and steam... - 35.1966
Quick Bread Dhoklas
1. Remove the edges of the bread slices, cut each into 4 squares.
2. Mix together the yoghurt, chopped green chilies, ginger and salt.
3. Apply this mixture on each square.
4. Join two squares to form a tiny sandwich.
5. Heat a pan, add mustard seeds and... - 30.7195
Paneer Palak Dhokla
This Paneer Palak Dhokla is so very delicious ! I love this savory greens and cottage cheese cake with some savory sauces for a heavy snack ! Try this Paneer Palak Dhokla and let me know if you like it ! - 27.9283
Ratalu Puri - Bhajiya Or Pakora - Purple Yam Fritters
1. For the batter: In a mixing bowl, add the chickpea flour, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander cumin powder and mix well. Slowly pour about a tablespoon of water at first, mix well and break any lumps if formed.
2. Once the batter is... - 0
Tuvar Lilva Kachori - Stuffed Pigeon Peas Balls
1. For the dough: In a bowl with water, add oil and stirring vigorously combine it well with the water. Set it aside for half an hour.
2. In another mixing bowl, add and combine the flour with besan and salt. Knead it into a dough using... - 0