- » Gujarati Side Dish
Gujarati Side Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of gujarati side dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for gujarati side dish recipes.
Dhokli - Spiced Dumplings With Black Eyed Peas
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine together the milo flour, wheat flour, chickpea flour, salt and olive oil. Gradually pour in the water to form a dough. Cover and set aside.
2. In a pot on medium high, heat the oil, add mustard seeds,... - 132.483
Spicy Peanut Chutney
Indian style side for you? This is a really delicious side if you like peanuts! Flavored with garlic, jalapenos and cumin, this is really a unique recipe. Not much effort required to make this, its great to keep it handy to go with wraps, sandwiches or... - 130.225
Guvar Nu Shaak - Cluster Beans
1. Take the washed and dried cluster beans, remove the tops off the beans and cut into 2 inch pieces. Place them in a bowl and keep aside.
2. In a pressure cooker over medium heat, add oil, ajwain, hing, turmeric powder, cluster beans... - 124.556
Ringan Bateta Nu Shaak
1. Fill a bowl with 3/4ths water and add a little salt.
2. Peel the eggplant roughly, chop roughly and add the pieces into the salted water.
3. Peel sweet potato completely, chop into big chunks and add into the water.
4. Chop the tomatoes... - 117.191
Tindora Nu Shaak
1. Cut the tindora from the center and cut the halves again to get julienne cuts
2. Alternately cut them into circles horizontally.
3. In a nonstick pot heat oil on medium heat and splutter mustard and cumin seeds.
4. Add asafoetida,... - 109.332
Sambharo - Stir Fry Cabbage Salad
If you are wondering how to use up your cabbage, here is an amazing Indian style warm cabbage salad recipe for you. Take a look at this video that presents this Gujarati side dish which is a great accompaniment to the everyday meal. Watch this interesting... - 107.952
Puran Poli Or Vermi Or Obbattu/hollige
To all those who are looking for this famous recipe, will find this video very useful. This is a traditional recipe. In India we call it Puran Poli. This is very tasty and easy to make. Before serving you can add clarified butter over the roti. This dish is... - 106.351
Undhiyu - Special Mix Vegetable Curry - Gujarati Cuisine
If you're in the mood of making some Gujarati food, then you must try this special curry. Chef Bhavna shows the traditional way of making the mixed vegetable curry, step by step. It is called Undhiyu in Gujarat. Your guest and friends will be impressed if you... - 105.573
Suran Nu Shaak
1. Peel and boil yam in a cup of water and drain.
2. Into a bowl add the yam, yogurt, ginger paste, green chili paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, sugar to taste and salt to taste and mash well with a potato masher.
3. In a pressure cooker pot... - 105.015
Gujarati Kadhi - Lagan Style - Made In Gujarati Wedding
Again this is the recipe for Gujarati cuisine lovers. This is an famous gujarati dish. This is mostly prepared for the regular day to day meal. It Is so easy to cook that you don't need to be a cooking expert. You can serve it with hot rice. Watch the video... - 103.864
Spicy Cabbage Sambharo
Looking for a spicy Indian cabbage recipe? Then this yummy Gujarati take on the traditional coleslaw called cabbage sambharo is sure to appease your ticker and tongue. Splattered with yummy spicy dressing, this dish can be relished with rotis. - 103.574
Those of you who mostly eat Indian cuisine will find the recipe of dal very useful. In most of the house holds of India dal is prepared daily. The chef prepares the dal in gujarati style. This dish can be served with hot rice or roti. You can impress your... - 103.187
Parval Sabji - Parvat Nu Shak - Pointed Gourd Curry
Those fond of having the Gujarati cuisine will really enjoy this dish. This vegetable is very healthy and this dish is prepared in the regular day to day cooking. So do try out the recipe and surely watch the video. - 100.663
Healthy Gujarati Kadhi - Hot Yogurt Soup
If you're looking for the recipe of traditional gujarati kadhi, then this is it. Chef Bhavna explains the recipe so well. It is a very simple dish to prepare and you can serve it with roti or rice. It is very healthy as it's made of yogurt. Watch the video... - 100.358
Kantola Sabji - Indian Gourd Curry
Those looking for Gujarati cuisine recipes will find this recipe useful. kantola is a very healthy vegetable. It can be used for the regular day to day cooking. It can be served with roti or naan. This is a very basic and simple curry. Do check out the video. - 98.7623
1. Gently scrape the skin of parwal with a knife and make a cut through the middle.
2. Remove ripe or hard seeds if any from the center.
3. Cut parwal with hard seeds into half and stuff masala into each half.
4. In a dish mix the... - 98.0508
Jowar Or Jonna Roti (sorghum Roti) - Milo Flat Bread
If you are interested to know the recipe of the Indian jowar roti, then you should check this out. Jowar roti is gluten free and good for health. You can have it with any type of curry. It tastes a little different from the normal roti. Do try making it and... - 96.2615
Ridge Gourd Or Chinese Okra Curry - Turiya Choli Nu Shak
If you are looking for some Gujarati recipes, then do check this out. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the ridge gourd curry. It's very tasty and healthy too. You can serve the curry with roti. Do check out the video. - 92.9116
Curried Green Tomatoes & Eggplant Side Dish
Green tomatoes and eggplant have exotic flavors and blending them up together creates this wonderful curry, which can be served as a side dish. Prepared using vegetables and spices available in your kitchen, you can make this wonderful dish in minutes. And... - 85.3786
Cauliflower Peas Shaak - Sabji - Gobi Matar Sabji
Those fond of Indian cuisine will really like this dish. The vegetable is made in gujarati style. You can serve it with hot roti or rice. Chef Bhavna explains the recipe so well. Do watch the video for the easy recipe by the chef itself. - 84.2282
How To Make Ridged Squash Or Turia Dishes
How often have you squirmed with disgust at the mention of ridged squash dishes? Chef Bhal Dave presents two no-fail recipes using ridged squash that could be your savior on real lazy days. Easy and effortless, these recipes barely takes any time to cook.... - 78.221
How To Make Guava Curry
If you are looking for ways to impress your guests over meals, try your hands in Bhal Dave's exotic guava curry. This fruity curry can be prepared at home with available ingredients and served with rice or roti. - 77.5319
How To Make Turia Patraa Dinner For Two
If you are craving to enjoy a Indian vegetarian delicacy at home, try Turia patraa for dinner from Bhal Dave's kitchen! This special ridged squash is rolled in taro leaf, dipped in spicy besan flour and fried before serving. Mouth watering, isn't it? - 73.2756
A hurried meal for the man in the street. This is a spicy blend of vegetables in tomato gravy served with pav that is cooked with butter. This is truly an innovation that arose out of the necessity of providing a nice hot meal in a hurry and one that tickles... - 51.0485
Surati Oondhiyu is one of the best Western Indian curries that I've ever tasted. This is not only about mixed vegetables, its about a delicious blend of vegetables as well as crunchy fried flour fries. Please do try this Surati Oondhiyu with chapattis as... - 49.6327
Gur Keri Nu Achar
Peel and cut mangoes into small pieces.
Rub with salt and dry in sun, covered with a thin muslin cloth for two days.
Wash dried fruit in extra vinegar and cut figs into small pieces.
Mix all ingredients except jaggery, mustard and half cup vinegar.
Add enough... - 47.1114
1. Boil the gram in water till well cooked.
2. Mash well.
3. Add sliced green chillies, ginger, turmeric, salt, tamarind juice or cocum, and jaggery.
4. Boil for half an hour over slow fire. Remove.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan.
6. Add mustard seeds, fenugreek... - 46.8044
This Gujrati Kadhi is a craze ! I love irresistibly seasoned curd and gram flour gravy with a bowl of hot rice ! Just try this Gujrati Kadhi and feel free to share your suggestions with me ! - 46.7656
Keri Ni Rus Ni Kadhi - Gujarati Green Mango Curry
Press mangoes between your hands to soften them and then cut off tops.
Squeeze out pulp and remove remaining pulp by scraping with a spoon.
Sieve or liquidise pulp and pour into a pan.
Beat curds with water and add to mango pulp with slaked gram flour.
Stir... - 46.5678
Clean, wash and cook the red lentil with lots of water till soft.
Prepare a thick dough by kneading well all the dhokli ingredients together, using adequate water.
Roll out big size rotis, slightly thicker than normal and cut into one inch... - 45.1936
1. Grind masala to a fine paste. Mix the three types of flour with buttermilk, add more water to make a pouring consistency.
2. Add masala, peeled and grated bottle gourd to the mixture.
3. Heat oil in a thick pan. When hot; add mustard seeds and -... - 42.9985
Moong Gujarati has a great taste. Moong Gujarati gets its taste from moong mixed with tomatoes and mustard. Moong Gujarati is loved by many across the world. - 42.6415
Stuff each ball with 1 tbl.
Roll into a smooth ball.
Roll in araroot.
Deep fry in smoking hot oil Serve hot with either mint or sweet chutney.
ANOTHER KIND OF FILLING CAN BE : 50 gms roasted coarsely chopped peanuts 100 gms very fine... - 41.0023
Sweet Mango Pickle
1. Wash, peel and cut the mangoes into thick slices.
2. Heat the oil in a kadai, and add the asafoetida and panchporan. Break the chillies into two or three pieces each, and add to kadai. When the spices are done, add the mango slices and turmeric powder, and... - 39.5854
Vengan Batata Nu Shaak
Aha ! Vengan Batata Nu Shaak ! This potato and eggplant with irresistible tomato, coriander and chilli seasonings is as special as my first love ! I'm sure you'll agree with me once you try this Vengan Batata Nu Shaak. Feel free to share your views about this... - 39.0384
Bajra Na Rotla
Divide flour into two portions.
Mix one portion with quarter tsp salt and enough water to bind.
Dust hands with flour and shape into a large flat cake about quarter-inch thick, pressing and turning it on a board.
(This method is called 'thappo' in... - 34.8823
Ubadiyu Or Umbadiyu - Spicy Seasonal Vegetables
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add and combine together the ginger, garlic and green chilli paste with salt, sesame seeds, coriander cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, carom seeds, curry... - 0
Easy And Simple Dal Dhokli- Indian Food
1. In a pan, heat oil and let cumin splutter in it.
2. Add green chili, asafoetida, and curry leaves. Saute briefly.
3. Pour boiled mashed dal and water as needed. Add turmeric powder and red chili powder.
4. In a bowl, combine flour,... - 0
Methi Thepla is a traditional gujarathi dish, but here I modified that to suit my taste buds and made it still healthier than the basic version by using Millet flour. - 0
Kadhi is prepared with variation in almost all Indian states. This Gujarati style dish has a sweet and sour taste which makes it a must try. - 0
Thepla By Tarla Dalal
Theplas are an inherent part of Gujarati meals, and are used for regular meals, travelling and for picnics! eaten with curds and chunda, theplas can be enjoyed hot or otherwise. Sometimes whole jeera or til can be added to enhance the flavor of theplas. You... - 0