- » Gujarati
Gujarati recipes are different from other kinds of regional Indian recipes, where small amount of sweetness is added in almost all the dishes. Also, Gujarati cuisine is strictly vegetarian, where the food is served ... More »
Sukhi Aloo Ki Sabji
Chefs have a recipe that's going to delight potato loves and anyone who likes simple yet delicious food. Sukhi Aloo Ki Sabji is an authentic and rustic Indian side dish. Chefs have shown a very easy way for preparing this dish without compromising on the... - 152.091
Lapsi (bulgar Sweet) Or Lapsi Halwa- Creamy Cracked Wheat
All those who are looking for the recipes of gujarati sweets should check this out. The chef shows the recipe of lapsi halwa. It is made on special festivals and occasions. It is very easy to make and you can impress your family and friends with this sweet... - 137.991
Dhokli - Spiced Dumplings With Black Eyed Peas
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine together the milo flour, wheat flour, chickpea flour, salt and olive oil. Gradually pour in the water to form a dough. Cover and set aside.
2. In a pot on medium high, heat the oil, add mustard seeds,... - 135.797
Dhokla Or Gujarati Idra
All you snack lovers will relish the gujarati dhokla. This is a traditional gujarati snack. It can be prepared in a few minutes. The chef shows how to prepare the dhokla mix. You must try out this recipe after watching the video. - 135.095
Easy Potato And Drumstick Curry
If you enjoy eating Indian curry then try out this curry. Chef Bhavna shows us a fast and easy recipe of the curry as it's made in the pressure cooker. The curry can be served with hot roti or rice. You can always use asparagus instead of drumsticks if you... - 134.653
Khichiya Papad- Start To Finish
If you're looking for the perfect recipe of the gujarati khichiya papdi, then look no further. Chef Bhavna shows the traditional way of making Khichiya papdi from start to finish. Don't forget to watch the video for this amazing recipe. - 133.562
Those of you who mostly eat Indian cuisine will find the recipe of dal very useful. In most of the house holds of India dal is prepared daily. The chef prepares the dal in gujarati style. This dish can be served with hot rice or roti. You can impress your... - 133.192
Instant Pan Handvo - Savory Pan Cake - Gujarati Cuisine
If you enjoy eating traditional Gujarati snacks, then you'll really love this one. The chef explains the recipe so nicely. It can be served with tea, as it tastes great. You can also bake it if you like but traditionally it is made on the pan. Watch the video... - 132.689
Spicy Peanut Chutney
Indian style side for you? This is a really delicious side if you like peanuts! Flavored with garlic, jalapenos and cumin, this is really a unique recipe. Not much effort required to make this, its great to keep it handy to go with wraps, sandwiches or... - 131.849
Instant Khatta Dhokla - Gujarati Idra
Those who are fond of Gujarati snacks will enjoy the khatta dhokla. Instant khatta dhokla is easy to prepare and this snack tastes great. It can be made in a few minutes. This is at famous gujarati snack. Do check out the video before trying it at home. - 131.765
Bhakarwadi - Gujarati
To all those people who love Indian-Guajarati snacks will surely love this. The layering is important while making this dish. Chef Bhavna shows the recipe in detail. Do watch the video, before trying it at home. - 131.554
Traditional Gujarati Mohanthal
If you are a Guajarati living abroad and missing your mother’s homemade Mohanthal, here is the perfect recipe video which shows you how to make this besan barfi or gram flour fudge, with the correct texture and taste that will remind you of the homemade... - 131.261
Puran Poli Or Vermi Or Obbattu/hollige
To all those who are looking for this famous recipe, will find this video very useful. This is a traditional recipe. In India we call it Puran Poli. This is very tasty and easy to make. Before serving you can add clarified butter over the roti. This dish is... - 130.352
Undhiyu - Special Mix Vegetable Curry - Gujarati Cuisine
If you're in the mood of making some Gujarati food, then you must try this special curry. Chef Bhavna shows the traditional way of making the mixed vegetable curry, step by step. It is called Undhiyu in Gujarat. Your guest and friends will be impressed if you... - 127.701
Guvar Nu Shaak - Cluster Beans
1. Take the washed and dried cluster beans, remove the tops off the beans and cut into 2 inch pieces. Place them in a bowl and keep aside.
2. In a pressure cooker over medium heat, add oil, ajwain, hing, turmeric powder, cluster beans... - 126.154
Sarasiya Khaja - Fried Flaky Biscuits
1. In a bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, black pepper, white chili powder and turmeric powder. Mix well and set aside.
2. Slowly pour in 1/2 cup of warm water to make the dough. Make sure the dough is not too hard or too... - 125.736
Those who enjoy dhokla must have tried making the dish at home. If your attempt to making the dish was disastrous, then you have stumbled upon the right place. Chef Manjula is going to share her sooji dhokla recipe which is slightly different from the... - 123.404
Methi Muthiya For Undhiyu - Fenugreek Leaves Dumplings
Again if you're looking for the recipes of gujurati snacks, then you must try making this dish. You can use the it in any curry you make or you can have it with tea, as it tastes great with tea. It is called methi muthiya in Gujarati cuisine. It tastes so... - 122.327
Trirangi Khandvi - Tri-color Stuffed Khandvi
To all those who are fond of making Gujarati snacks, should surely check this out. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the stuffed khandvi. She uses different types of filling to make it more tastier. You can serve it with chutney. Do try out this recipe and don't... - 122.247
Makhania Biscuits - Namkeen Or Khari Or Butter Biscuits
If you're fond of eating Indian made biscuits then do try these salty biscuits . It's very simple to make and tastes delicious too. You can serve it with tea . If you're looking for a quick recipe then this it. Watch the video for this amazing recipe of ... - 122.203
Sutarfeni - Shredded Vermicelli
1. In a pot over medium high, add sugar, water and bring it to a boiling point.
2. Once done check for the 1 thread consistency. Switch off gas, add kesar and cardomom powder. Mix well.
3. Place this hot sugar syrup over a large bowl of ice water to... - 121.611
Bharela Tindora Or Giloda - Stuffed Ivy Gourd
1. In a mixing bowl, add in the raw peanut, chickpea flour, turmeric powder, coriander cumin powder, red chili powder, brown sugar, salt, ginger paste, garlic paste, oil and mix. Add water and continue mixing, until well incorporated. Set aside.
2.... - 121.226
Mohan Thal is an irresistible Indian dessert somewhat similar to fudge. If you like fudge or Indian sweets, then this dessert recipe is for you. Indian cuisine expert, Chef Manjula has again come-up with a video that has a detail film on how to make this... - 120.416
Indian flat breads have become popular all over the world and if you loved them, then this recipe will bowl you over. Methi theplas are very flavorful and extremely delicious. Chef Manjula has a video on how to make Methi Thepla, a recipe that can only be... - 119.829
Tuvar Bhakri - Sindhi Koki - Pigeon Peas Flat Bread
If you're thinking of making a Gujarati breakfast, then you must try this out. The Chef makes the delicious Indian Bread. It is made from pigeon peas and tastes really nice. You will enjoy eating it with the Indian tea. Don't forget to watch the video for... - 119.571
Ringan Bateta Nu Shaak
1. Fill a bowl with 3/4ths water and add a little salt.
2. Peel the eggplant roughly, chop roughly and add the pieces into the salted water.
3. Peel sweet potato completely, chop into big chunks and add into the water.
4. Chop the tomatoes... - 118.721
Three Minute Microwave Dhokla
Now forget about steaming your dhokla in a steamer? Here is a very easy microwave dhokla recipe which anyone on earth can cook. The chef has a detailed recipe and if you have a microwave you can cook the dish in just 3 minutes. Serve the dish with a spicy... - 116.985
It is like how they say – It is very easy being Gluten free and vegetarian in India. In this this video, Bhavna shows us how to make this typical Indian breakfast dish. So healthy, so flavorsome, and so gluten free. Typically, you can make this dish under... - 116.682
1. On a bowl, place a muslin or a cheese cloth lined strainer.
2. Pour the yogurt and drain all the excess water, let the water get collected in the bowl.
3. Once done gently squeeze the excess water from the yogurt, using your hands.
4. Move... - 116.259
Indian Steamed Dumplings
Indian Home cook Manjula has a steamed dumpling recipe which is tasty and healthy. These are cabbage balls steamed and stir fried before serving. Definitely a must try low calorie appetizer for the next party. Following her step by step recipe video makes the... - 114.346
Gujarati Bhindi Kadhi
If you are an okra lover or dislike slimy okra then try this delicious Indian yogurt soup with fried okra. It is a great way to incorporate the veggie in your diet. Since the okra is fried until crispy, there isn’t a hint of sliminess. The lightly spiced... - 113.432
1. Soak the gram for 2 -3 hours or overnight.
2. Reserve the soaked water, add the dal in a blender and puree adding just a little water.
3. Remove the puree to a bowl and mix besan, turmeric powder, cumin powder, ginger paste, green... - 111.121
1. In a bowl mix besan, salt, turmeric powder and baking soda.
2. Add 1 tablespoon oil and mix adding little water into firm dough.
3. In a sev or gathiya maker set the ribbon blade.
4. Take a little oil to your palm and smoothen the dough.
5. Spray... - 111.039
Tindora Nu Shaak
1. Cut the tindora from the center and cut the halves again to get julienne cuts
2. Alternately cut them into circles horizontally.
3. In a nonstick pot heat oil on medium heat and splutter mustard and cumin seeds.
4. Add asafoetida,... - 111.03
Lentil Chunks Curry
1. In a nonstick pan on medium heat, heat oil and add cumin seeds, turmeric powder and onion and cook until onions are almost done.
2. Then add lentil chunks and saute well.
3. Mix ginger garlic paste and salt and cook adding water as needed with cover... - 109.487
1. Soak chana dal for about an hour and make a smooth paste out of it.
2. In a pot heat oil, splutter mustard seeds and remove off heat.
3. Once the oil is cooled down add asafoetida, turmeric powder and chana dal paste and keep stirring... - 109.32
Handvo - Steamed Savory Vegetable Cake - Gujarati Cuisine
Those who follow gujarati recipes must have heard of this dish. It is called Handvo in Gujarati cuisine. It is a combination of rice and lentils. It can be cooked as well as baked. The chef has baked the handvo and it looks yummy. Simply delicious to eat. Do... - 109.276
Gujarati Recipes By Category