Guillaume Brahimi is a French chef of high repute who settled in Australia and has the credit of having revamped and taking many restaurants and bistros to the level of excellence. Chef Brahimi specializes in French cuisine and this can be seen in his recipes in all his restaurants. His kind of cooking is popularly known as “contemporary Australian cuisine with French influences”, and this can be seen in the vast range of dishes he specializes in, especially the Roasted marron wrapped in prosciutto with risotto, veal jus and truffle, Duck Confit with pommes pont neuf foie gras and truffle and basil infused tuna with mustard seed and soy vinaigrette.
Professional Life of Chef Guillaume Brahimi
Guillaume Brahimi started his culinary career at a very young age, after completing two year apprenticeship at Aux Charpentiers. Post his apprenticeship, Brahimi secured a position of Commis at Michelin restaurant La Tour d’Argent, a three star restaurant and then graduated to the position of Chef de Partie after a few years. By the time he was 19, Barhimi has the privilege of assisting the French master chef Joel Robuchon at his Jamin restaurant in Paris and then within four years he went up the ranks and secured the prestigious position of Sous Chef. It is after this that Guillaume decided to re-locate to another country and chose Sydney, Australia as his base, where is not only started his own restaurants but also contributed greatly in taking various other restaurants to a much higher level of being awarded in their respective categories.
- Chef Guillaume got his first “Two Hats” award when he opened his first restaurant by the name Pond in the Kings Cross, which got him critical acclaim within months of opening, resulting in Two Hats from Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide.
- The next Two Hats award came in when Brahimi took the Circular Quay at Sydney from mediocre level to the level of being awarded Two Hats around the years 1995-1996, which eventually earned Three Hat status from Good Food Guide by 1998 and became one of the few elite restaurants of Sydney.
- The Guillaume at Bennelong situated at the Sydney Opera House, went through a major refurbishment and with Chef Brahimi at the helm, it got many awards from publications such as Conde Naste Traveller and Gourmet Traveller magazines. It was also awarded Two Hats.
Cookbooks of Chef Brahimi
Guillaume Brahimi has contributed many articles and food columns for the Sydney Morning Herald and other publications.
Chef Brahimi Trivia
- Guillaume Brahimi is a great rugby fan and ardently supports the French National Rugby Team.
- Brahimi is known for his charity works; especially the Bestest Foundation, which raises funds that go totally towards taking care of underprivileged children in terms of their health, education and any other area of need.