- » Gruel
Gruel is a dish made by boiling a cereal such as oat or wheat flour with water or milk. It is thinner than porridge and is mostly drunk rather than eaten. Rice, rye, hemp, barley or millet are other cereals that may ... More »
Classic Potato Gruel
Want a single dish complete meal recipe? Watch this video now. The chef prepares the traditional Potato Gruel with a twist. The video demonstrates a step by step procedure to prepare the Classic Potato Gruel, watch it now. - 91.7342
Warming Winter Gruel
1. Peel the marrow. Cut it into 4 pieces.
2. Slice each piece further into half. Scoop out the core and seeds. Cut them to large pieces.
3. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut it into large pieces.
4. Chop 1 cabbage leaf finely. Keep the rest as it... - 78.6987
Mix the flour with the cold water.
Add the boiling water gradually, stirring constantly, and boil hard for thirty minutes.
Salt to taste.
Strain through a very fine sieve. - 21.1646
Indian Meal Gruel
Mix the meal and flour with the cold water, rub smooth, and stir the paste into the boiling water.
Stir well, and when the gruel boils, lower the heat so it will simmer gently for two hours.
Add the salt, cook tor one half hour longer, . - 20.2508
You May Also Like!
1. Dissolve 1 tsp sugar in warm water and sprinkle yeast in it. Allow it to froth.
2. Cook semolina with water to make a gruel. Allow it to cool.
3. Combine the flour, yeast and gruel to make a dough. Set aside to rise for 6 hours.
4. Add the ground coconut... - 40.5927
Creamy Soupy Rice
Creamy Soupy Rice is an irresistible mouth-watering side dish recipe. An easy to prepare recipe, Creamy Soupy Rice is a side dish that you would surely love to try. - 42.0947
Jook Or Congee
Combine broth, mushrooms, tangerine peel and turnip green and simmer while making rice.
Over high heat, cook rice in boiling water, stirring occasionally.
Keep a tea kettle of boiling water ready to add as needed.
After 15 minutes lower heat slightly.
Rice... - 41.8733
1. Dissolve 1 tsp sugar and yeast in 1/2 cup warm , water and keep aside for 20 minutes to let it
2. Mix 1/2 cup semolina with 1 1/2 cups water and cook, then cool the gruel. Add to the rice flour. Knead well to make a soft dough. Add the fermented yeast... - 35.8875
Combine the egg whites with the powdered sugar.
Beat the mixture in a bowl to a very stiff consistency.
An electric hand beater should be used for this or, better yet, an electric mixer, since the beating is a weary and grueling task.
Remove a generous 1/2... - 37.3745
Gruel Recipes By Category