- » Ground Anise
Ground Anise Recipes
Enjoy our collection of ground anise recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for ground anise recipes.
Anise Seed Cookies
1. Separate the egg whites and yolks; cream the yolks with sugar and salt until pale and frothy
2. Beat the egg whites stiff and fold into the yolk mixture
3. Sift flour and anise seed into the creamed mixture and fold it in thoroughly
4. Grease a... - 36.3537
Fish With Anise Sauce
1) Cut the fish in bite-size pieces.
2) In a bowl, toss the fish with the flour.
3) In a skillet, heat 1/4 cup of oil and brown the fish in it.
4) Remove and drain on a paper napkin.
5) In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil and sautÃ© the... - 44.6083
Anise And Cinnamon Cookies
Combine sugar and anise seeds; cover tightly and let stand for about 24 hours.
Sift out and discard seeds, if desired.
In large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and 1/2 cup of the anise sugar until creamy.
Beat in egg and brandy.
In another bowl, stir... - 41.5572
Italian Anise Crescents
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Add nuts and anise to sifted flour, confectioners-€™ sugar, and salt.
3. Mix in oil with vanilla and cognac and knead to prepare a dough.
4. Make dough into pieces. Place the pieces between the palms... - 43.251
Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
Form into roll about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and chill in the refrigerator or freeze overnight.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350° F.
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Cut dough into rounds 3/16 inch thick and... - 38.7936
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
Add milk, sugar, anise seeds, 3 tablespoons of the butter, eggs, salt, and 1 1/2 cups of the flour.
Beat for about 5 minutes, then gradually beat in about 2 1/2 cups more flour to make a soft dough.
Turn dough out... - 45.6583
Star Anise Biscuits
1.Preheat your oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4
2. Barring the flour and soda bicarb, add everything in a pan and heat til molten abd blended
3. In a bowl. Sift the flour and soda bicarb, add in the wet ingredients and form a soft dough
4.... - 41.8885
Rice With Anise
1)Mix rice, water, aniseed or star anise, salt and pepper and bring to boil.
2)Cook for 17minutes,water should be boiled and get evaporated.
3)Serve it hot.
Keep rice warm while preparing rest of dinner. - 34.2922
Anise Beef Kabobs
Soak wooden skewers in water 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine olive oil, anise seeds, salt, coarsely ground black pepper, and crushed red pepper.
Add steak chunks and toss to coat; let stand 10 minutes.
Thread steak chunks on skewers.
Place... - 33.6227
Beat the eggs until they are very light and pale yellow in color.
Add the sugar and beat vigorously about three minutes.
Sift the flour together with the ground aniseed and baking powder; add to the egg mixture.
Continue beating about five minutes.
Drop the... - 38.4018
Coffee-Anise Biscochitos is a sinflly delcious coookie. I have a sweet tooth and this cookie is one of my favorites! Try this Coffee-Anise Biscochitos and you will understand why. - 43.5417
Chang's Anise Smoked Duck
Combine ingredients for marinade except water in blender and mix to pulverize.
Pour into 8-quart pot.
Add water (use blender to measure so no seasoning is lost).
Simmer 15 minutes.
Add duck, tail-first (so cavity fills with liquid).
Weight duck with inverted... - 45.3914
A delicious combination of aniseed and almonds, this anise-almond loaf is great for any occasion!! - 47.3431
Chocolate Sambuca Cookies
These Chocolate Sambuca Cookies are a desire ! I love these crunchy anise flavored almond cookies for a snack or for dessert ! Try them yourself and let me know the best way you'd like to have them. Your suggestions for these Chocolate Sambuca Cookies are... - 46.3323
Spicy Pork Patties
Mix together the pork, crumbs, egg, garlic, wine, salt, pepper, and fennel seed.
Divide into 4 equal-sized portions and shape into patties about 1/2 inch thick.
If you saute the patties heat 1 tablespoon salad oil in a 10-inch frying pan over medium-low heat... - 29.5667
Put flour on a table or marble slab.
Make a hole in the center for the remaining ingredients.
Mix dough thoroughly with fingers, roll into a ball, and allow to rest while you prepare the filling. - 25.7246
1) In a saucepan, combine together soy sauce, water, sugar, cinnamon and star anise.
2) Bring the mixture to boil and place squabs in it.
3) Simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Remove from heat and cover the saucepan.
5) Let it stand for 30 minutes.
6) Drain the... - 41.4718
Chicken Tandoori Style
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix the yoghurt, lemon juice, salt, chili peppers, coriander and anise together.
3) Coat the chicken thoroughly in the sauce and marinate for at least 24 hours or even 48... - 39.0107
Homemade Oysters Rockefeller
Fill two 9-inch glass pie pans with rock salt to 1/2 inch depth; sprinkle with water.
Scrub and prepare oysters as directed for Oysters on the Half-Shell .
Arrange filled shells on rock salt base.
Heat oven to 450°; Cook and stir onion, parsley and celery in... - 37.0398
Have fishmonger scale and clean out the insides of the fish, but leave fish whole.
At home wash fish thoroughly under running water, pat dry, and rub with lemon juice.
With sharp knife make shallow incisions in backs of both fish; rub with salt and... - 42.1114
Singing Shrimp With Pineapple
Twist crown from pineapple.
Cut pineapple in half lengthwise.
Refrigerate half for another use, such as salads.
Cut fruit from shell with knife.
Cut fruit crosswise into thin slices.
Combine spices in cup.
Sprinkle half the spice mixture over shrimp.
Sprinkle... - 39.2667
Here is a recipe for chebakia which is a popular Moroccan cookie specially during the holy month of Ramadan. This video shows this recipe in easy steps to follow so that you can make your own chebakia. So prepare these delicious chebakia with almonds and... - 118.604
1) In a wok, heat ghee and fry onions, ginger, garlic and chillies until soft.
2) Add the spices and poppy seeds and cook for a few minutes.
3) Now, add kheema and fry until dry and crumbly.
4) Add coconut milk and salt. Cover the wok and cook on low... - 45.3598
Rice With Fish
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a bowl, mix the yoghurt, onions, cloves, turmeric, salt, coriander and anise together.
3) Coat the fish thoroughly with this mixture and marinate for 1 hour.
4) In a casserole, saute the fish in 2... - 45.6672
Minnesota Swedish Rye Bread
Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add water, shortening, molasses, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and anise.
Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water and 1 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl.
When milk mixture is lukewarm (90°F), add yeast mixture, then rye... - 43.7201
Whole Grain Roastaroma
1) Prepare the roasted grains much ahead.
2) In a pan, pour 2 gallons of water and bring it to a boil over high heat.
3) Stir in the roasted, ground grains and all other spices into the water.
4) Reduce heat and cover the pan with a... - 44.6451
1. Combine all ingredients, with the exception of the chicken, butter, and lime wedges and mix well. Put the chicken in a bowl and pour the yogurt mixture over all. Marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning often.
2. Preheat the oven to 375... - 32.8252
Dolmadakia Stuffed Vine Leaves
Drain rice and mix next 8 ingredients in a glass or pottery bowl.
Rinse store-bought vineleaves as needed or blanch picked fresh leaves in boiling water and drain.
Lay vine leaf shiny side down, place 1/2 Tbsp of rice (quantity depending on size of leaf) and... - 42.6049
Spiced Chicken Fricassee
1) With a sharp knife, cut the chicken into 12 pieces.
2) Wash thoroughly and dry.
3) With a fork, prick the pieces.
4) In a large bowl, pound together the coriander, anise, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg, pepper, and salt.
5) To the... - 47.0849
Spiced Beef Shreds
1) Cut the meat in large cubes.
2) In a saucepan, heat oil and add the beef, soy sauce, sherry and broth.
3) Cook over high heat until the liquid evaporates.
4) Remove and let it cool, grind in food processor.
5) In a skillet heat the... - 39.7754
Autumn Apple Butter
The best time for making apple butter is in Sept.
or the first of Oct.
when the tart fall varieties have a lively flavor and are still firm, crisp, and juicy.
Jonathans, Northern Spys, Baldwins or Rhode Island Greenings are the finest choices.
Pare apples... - 38.6095
Spicy Lamb Meatballs With Vegetable Sauce
? Place lamb in bowl with parsley, curry powder, anise and cayenne pepper; mix well. Lightly season with salt and pepper, add shallot and egg; mix again until completely incorporated. Shape meat into medium-size meatballs.
? Preheat oven to 350 °F (180... - 37.2266
Beef Slices Peking
This Beef Slices Peking is a extremely scrumptous family favorite that has stayed so for generations! Rightly flavored and spiced to liven up your taste buds, this Beef Slices Peking is such a wonderful dish to serve for any occasion. I tell you this is a... - 46.9138
Fish Ball Soup Veracruz
1 Heat the oil in a nonstick Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion, poblano, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Transfer half of the onion mixture to a food processor or blender; set aside.
2 Add the clam... - 34.3751
Five Spice Powder
20 gms.star anise
2 large pieces dry orange peel,
15 gms. cinnamon
Grind together and make a powder.
There are two more types of five spices used in China.
15 gms. pepper
15 gms. fennel
20... - 24.1777
Ka'ak - Moroccan Cookie
Ka'ak is a unique Moroccan cookie that is very popular in the Eastern region of Morocco, mainly my grandmother's city called Oujda. This cookie is like no other cookie you have seen in your life: it has an interesting circular shape, super warm flavors, and... - 125.934
Zesty And Healthy Spinach-pesto Fettuccine
Fell like indulging tonight but sacred of the weight-hurting calories? Try this yummy spinach pesto and fettuccine dish. It's so velvety and creamy that you will feel that it's bad for you, but surprisingly it isn't. Pesto add a touch of welcoming flavor to... - 106.415
Baked Butternut Squash
Peel and cut the squash open.
Remove the seeds and the fibers.
Cut into 1-inch cubes.
Turn the squash into a buttered 2-quart baking dish.
Sprinkle with the salt and pepper, anise seed, cardamom and sugar.
Drizzle with the butter and lemon juice.
Bake without... - 35.866
Swiss Honey Almond Cookies
1. In a medium bowl, beat honey, brown sugar, egg, brandy, and lemon zest with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, anise, coriander, salt, and cloves. Add to honey mixture and beat on low... - 40.1761
Kiria Zinis Christmas Bread
Make the flavouring addition first.
Combine the semolina flour, sugar, cinnamon, anise, coriander seeds and cloves in a bowl and add the finely grated zests of the oranges and tangerines.
Squeeze 300 ml (1/2 pt) mixed orange and tangerine juice.
Use half this... - 43.3025
Chinese Five-spice Chicken
Marinate the chicken pieces in the soy sauce mixed with the onion, garlic, and ginger for 3 to 4 hours.
Drain and arrange chicken in a shallow greased baking pan.
Mix remaining ingredients, sprinkle over chicken, and bake in a 325° oven about 1 hour, or... - 31.543
Five Spice Chicken
Marinate the chicken in the soy sauce, onion, garlic, and ginger root for 3 to 4 hours.
Drain and arrange chicken in a shallow greased baking pan.
Mix spices, sprinkle over chicken, and bake in a 325° oven about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender, turning... - 29.1962
Turkey With Salsa Mole Poblano
Brown the turkey thighs in a bit of oil in a very heavy skillet.
Place them in a kettle, barely cover with water, bring to a boil, cover, turn down the heat, and simmer for 45 minutes.
Turn off the heat, cover the pot, and leave the turkey in the broth for... - 44.2094
Swedish Rye Bread
Have all ingredients at room temperature.
Dissolve the yeast in water.
Stir in the oil and molasses and set aside.
Blend seasonings with the wheat flour and mix with the yeast liquid.
Add the rye flour and mix together well.
Knead on a lightly floured board... - 46.402
Homemade Date Cookie
If you are looking for an easy cookie recipe, stop looking because you won't get an easier recipe than this homemade date cookie recipe. It is not only easy to make, it is toothful and its filled with date energy bomb. Watch this video clip to know more about... - 114.112
Leg Of Lamb (greek-style)
Combine all ingredients except lamb in large, shallow glass baking pan.
Add idmbto marinade; turn to coat evenly.
Marinate, covered, in refrigerator several hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 500°.
Place lamb on rack in shallow baking pan.
Roast 30... - 38.1437
Thai Sweet Hot Duck With Garlic And Mint
In a nonstick saute pan, brown the skin sides of the duck breasts in the oil over moderate heat for 3 minutes.
Add the chicken stock, corn syrup, star anise, chilies, garlic, lime juice, and fish sauce.
Cook over moderate heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until the... - 42.1111
Nubian Chocolate Roll
This Nubian Chocolate Roll is from my Mom's cookbook and everytime I make this delicious dessert roll it gives me enough opportunity to bring in my own variations. Give this Nubian Chocolate Roll a try and you would just wont settle for any dessert other than... - 45.5877
Spiced Limpa Bread
1. In a cup of warm water, dissolve the yeast to form a starter.
2. In a large basin or mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, molasses, shortening, salt, and seeds and add how water to it and stir well to mix.
3. Let this mixture stand until... - 47.8478
Day 1: Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
Pour the oil into a nonstick 10-inch skillet and heat to 400° over high heat, about 4 minutes.
Add the onions and ginger, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix, and stir.
Saute until the... - 44.9006
Spicy Rye Bread
Dissolve the yeast in the warm stock. Stir in the molasses, salt, orange rind, seeds, butter or oil.
Add. the rye flour and soy flour and beat until smooth.
Stir together the whole wheat flour and milk powder; add this mixture gradually to the dough, using... - 35.488
Champurrado (mexican Chocolate Drink)
This morning drink is especially popular in the Winter. This Mexican favorite is flavored with anise and sweetened with piloncillo (hard cane sugar). - 31.5161
Sweet Soy Sauce
Sweet Soy Sauce! Were you looking for a tasty and delicious sauce that you could for your meat or shrimp preparation? Then you don€™t have to look any further, this Sweet Soy Sauce recipe is all you need! - 31.5491
Chinese Oven Barbecued Spareribs
I made this Chinese Oven Barbecued Spareribs last weekend for a change, when some unexpected guests visited. It was a tremendous success. Try this wonderful Chinese Oven Barbecued Spareribs recipe for yourself! - 40.4032
Swiss Biberli Cookies
1. Make the dough in a small saucepan by combining the 1 cup honey, 2/3 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons water. Place the pan on the heat and heat gently till the sugar just dissolves but the pan does not begin to melt
2. Let this mixture cool till... - 45.9346
Orange Mustard Dressing
Put all of the ingredients in a blender and whirl them until smooth.
Stored chilled in a covered jar, this dressing will keep for about 2 weeks. - 25.9649
Flourless Soy Cookies
Add sugar, anise seeds, soybeans and salt.
Dough should be stiff.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto oiled cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
Pat to 1/4 -inch thickness by pressing with bottom of glass wet each time in cold water.
Bake at 350Â° F. until brown,... - 27.3659
1) Make Dough: In small saucepan, combine 1 cup honey, 2/3 cup sugar, and 2 tablespoons water.
2) Heat, stirring, just until sugar dissolves, but do not boil.
3) Let cool until lukewarm, about 20 minutes.
4) Add 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon peel and the... - 49.1169
Greek Sausage Balls
Combine ground pork, ground beef, wine, parsley, cheese, orange rind, anise flavoring, pepper flakes, salt and black pepper in bowl; mix well.
Shape into small balls.
Arrange on rack in broiler pan.
Broil for 5 minutes on each side or until... - 35.0071
Combine sugar, water, cinnamon, anise seeds and mace in a small suacepan; bring to boiling, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes; strain into a small bowl.
Stir in brandy or rum. Use while still warm. - 28.2806
Chicken, Tandoori Style
Mix together the yoghurt, lemon juice, salt, chili peppers, coriander, and anise.
The broilers can be left whole, split, or quartered.
Marinate the chicken in the sauce for at least 24 hoursâ€”48 is even better.
Drain well, brush with oil and roast in a... - 35.147
Yugoslavian Cabbage Rolls
Yugoslavian Cabbage Rolls is a delicious snack recipe which I always love to have. I bet, once you have this, you will always crave for some more. - 43.7786
Five Spice Pork And Potatoes
Cut potatoes crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices; cut large slices in half.
Place wok over high heat.
When wok is hot, add oil.
When oil is hot, add pork and garlic.
Stir-fry until pork is browned (about 5 minutes).
Add potatoes, water, soy, sugar, and... - 40.8913
Asian Steamed Beef With Spicy Rice Powder
Cut the beef into thin, 1 1/2 inch square (4 cm) slices.
Marinate with soy sauce, wine, salt, sugar, hot bean sauce, scallion, ginger, star anise, and sesame oil for about half an hour.
Stir the Szechuan peppercorn in a wok without any oil for a few minutes... - 43.9294
Antoine's Oysters Rockefeller
Put parsley, spinach, and shallots through a food chopper.
Simmer aniseed in water for 10 minutes.
Strain out the seed.
Add ground vegetables to anise-flavored liquid (this approximates the flavor of absinthe which was in the original formula).
Simmer,... - 39.7317
Apple Plum Spiced Turkey Breast
Remove gravy packet from turkey breast and discard.
Place turkey in large plastic food storage bag in baking dish.
In 4-cup measure, combine all marinade ingredients.
Microwave at High for 2 1/2to 3 1/2 minutes, or until mixture boils, stirring after ever - 32.3656
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Prepare a 9-inch layered cake pan by dusting it with flour. Set aside till required
3. In a large bowl, place the eggs and the sugar and beat well till soft, light and frothy.
4. Sieve the flour with the... - 38.0665
Classic Five Spice Chicken
Place chicken in shallow glass or plastic dish.
Mix remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
Cover and refrigerate, spooning marinade over chicken occasionally, at least 1 hour.
Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade.
Place chicken in ungreased... - 38.8343
Make several days ahead:
1. Sift flour with baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and pepper. Add cardamom, anise seeds, orange peel, and citron. Toss to coat well with flour.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, mix butter with granulated... - 41.5002
Mixed Rice Casserole
1) In a large casserole or deep skillet, heat the oil. (Leave aside 1 teaspoon of oil to prepare the omelet later.)
2) In the hot oil, saute the scallions and garlic, until brown.
3) To this, add the pork, chicken, and shrimp.
4) Saute the mix for 5... - 46.0566
This Peppernuts is an irresistible snack recipe. Enjoy this Peppernuts with your loved ones in the coming weekend party! - 35.7614
Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
When it is hot, add the onions, garlic, ginger and chopped chillis and fry, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown.
Stir in the spices and fry for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
If the mixture becomes too... - 38.9048
Kashmiri Kathal Or Jackfruit
Peel the potatoes and cut each into 8 pieces. Cut each jackfruit pod into 2 and deep fry till soft. Set aside. In the same oil, deep fry the potatoes and set aside.
In a large vessel, put in half a cup of oil in which the potatoes were fried and place on a... - 32.5552
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut off tough end of the cauliflower stem and snap off any green leaves.
Steam or boil the cauliflower until tender but still slightly crisp.
Remove, drain if necessary, and place cauliflower in a buttered baking dish.
Heat the... - 43.7696
Sliced Beefsteak Tomatoes With Ginger Basil Vinaigrette
Mix oil, vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, basil, garlic, five spice, and dry mustard.
Let stand 10 to 15 minutes; if made ahead, cover and chill up to 3 days.
Stir to use.
Rinse, core, and thickly slice tomatoes; put on a platter.
Pour half the vinaigrette over... - 35.0435
Remove the stems from the pears and figs; place in a bowl with the prunes.
Pour the water over the fruit and allow to soften overnight.
Next day, pour off the water; cut the fruit into small dice, and return to the bowl.
Coarsely chop the walnuts and... - 46.8537
Scallop & Pea Pod Stir Fry With Papaya
1. To prepare ginger sauce, in a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and 1/4 cup (60 ml) water until blended. Stir in honey, lemon juice, ginger, and five-spice; set aside
2. Cut unpeeled papayas lengthwise into halves; remove and discard seeds. Set papaya... - 32.5529
Whole Wheat Cupcakes
Soften yeast in 1/4 cup milk.
Blend rest of milk with honey, oil, eggs, seasonings and salt.
Stir in flours.
Add yeast mixture and nuts.
Turn into oiled bowl.
Let rise in warm place for 2 hours.
Punch down dough.
Drop by table-spoonfuls into oiled... - 42.5074
Gallina En Mole Chicken In Spicy Sauce
1 In a largec overed casserole heat fat over moderate heat. Brown chicken pieces a few at a time. Pour out the fat, add garlic and onion, return chicken pieces to the pot, and add 1/2 cup of the stock. Cover and braise until the chicken is... - 46.6585
1)Take a griddle and heat it.
2)In a mixing bowl, add chapatti flour and mix it water to make medium dough.
3)Divide it into 12 portions and make small round discs of each.
4)In another bowl, mix all ingredients from dal flour to anise... - 48.9492
Cream shortening and butter in a large mixing bowl, gradually add brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
Add molasses, beating well.
Combine flour, soda, salt, allspice, ginger, and anise seeds.
Add dry mixture to creamed mixture to make a stiff... - 41.4726
Tough Cake is a delicious dessert recipe that you would love to prepare on a get together. Try this Tough Cake; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this! - 46.4984
1. Pierce the steak deeply all over with fork; place in shallow dish.
2. Mix the pineapple-juice concentrate, water, olive oil, meat sauce, garlic, ginger and anise seeds in a 1-cup measure; pour over steak; cover. Chill, turning steak once, 30 minutes;... - 34.0919
Braised Oxtail With Broad Beans In Exotic Spices
You don't get much of a chance to cook and taste some delicate preparation like braised oxtail with broad beans. Here is a great recipe video, which you will surely like to try out, if you are a cooking fanatic. Get prepared with all the ingredients and make... - 115.421
Five Spice Roast Chicken
In a 2- to 3-cup pan, stir oil with five spice on medium heat until hot.
Add soy, sugar, sherry, and garlic.
Rinse chicken and pat dry; reserve giblets for other uses.
Put chicken, breast up, on a rack in a 9- by 13-inch pan; rub generously with five spice... - 34.9252
1. Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cloves and pepper into a medium-size bowl; stir in anise seeds, cardamom, citron and orange rind until well mixed.
2. Beat butter or margarine and 1 cup of the 10X sugar until well mixed in medium-size bowl... - 37.4786
1. Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cloves and pepper into large bowl; stir in anise, cardamom, citron and orange peel.
2. Cream the butter or margarine and 1 cup of 10X sugar till well mixed in medium-size bowl. (Reserve the remaining 10X... - 32.967
Moroccan Grilled Salmon
1) In a steamer, steam the julienned carrots for about 5 minutes.
2) Add the carrots into a bowl and season with lemon juice. Set aside to keep warm.
3) Preheat the broiler. Wrap the broiling pan with aluminium foil and brush with a little olive oil... - 42.6621
Oriental Halibut Steaks
In 1-cup measure, mix all marinade ingredients.
Place steaks in 9-inch square baking dish with marinade.
Marinate at room temperature, for 30 minutes, turning steaks over once.
Arrange on roasting rack.
Microwave at 70%... - 45.7449
Hunan Style Crispy Duck
Prick duck skin all over.
For marinade: Pulverize 6 marinade ingredients in blender.
Rub over duck inside and out.
Let duck stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to absorb marinade flavors.
Steam over stock or water for 1 hour.
Remove and let cool... - 45.4981
Creamed Spinach With Pernod
1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, stir spinach until wilted, about 5 minutes. Drain, saving liquid. Puree about half the spinach in a food processor or blender.
2. Return reserved spinach liquid to pan and add cream, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1... - 23.0657
Sali Ma Marghi ( Chicken With Potato Shoestring )
1. Wash the four chicken breasts and four leg pieces and cut each into two. You will now have 16 pieces of chicken. Wash once again, marinate in the ginger-garlic paste, add salt to taste and set aside.
2. Place the onions and oil in a strong, thick bottomed... - 29.2274
Pistachio cookie is one of the most exotic and rich cookie due to its animated looks, rare taste and crisp texture. It looks like a normal cookie until you bite into it and get lost in its luscious pistachio filling. Look at the video recipe for details. - 111.495
Spiced Grapes In Port Dessert Sauce
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, simmer for 15 minutes. Remove lemon rind and anise, discard. Add vinegar and pepper to wine mixture, cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about... - 22.8721
Chicken Yakhni Pulao
Yakhni Pulao is a very popular Awadhi cuisine. Awadhi cuisine is from the city of Lucknow. This Lucknow specialty is no less seductive and satisfying. While Biryani is a complex dish — resembling a well-orchestrated symphony — Pulao wins you over with its... - 0
Rye Honey Cookies
Heat honey to boil.
Sift flours into warm skillet over low heat, stirring constantly so flours will not brown.
Quickly stir part of flour into hot honey.
Add rest of flour and other ingredients to honey mixture.
Stir with wooden... - 37.2197
Spicy Pear Dumplings
Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
Cut in lard with a pastry blender or two knives until pieces are the size of small peas.
Sprinkle enough water over mixture, about 1 tablespoon at a time,mixing lightly with a fork after each addition until dough can... - 42.9787
Spicy Pear Dumplings
1. Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Cut in lard with a pastry blender or two knives until pieces are the size of small peas. Sprinkle enough water over mixture, about 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing lightly with a fork after each addition until dough... - 37.4919