- » Greek Vegetable Stew
Greek Vegetable Stew Recipes
Enjoy our collection of greek vegetable stew recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for greek vegetable stew recipes.
Cube the aubergines and soak them in heavily-salted water for 30 minutes or more.
Drain well and pat dry.
In a large heavy-bottomed pot (or flameproof casserole) fry the onions in 4 tablespoons olive oil over gentle heat until transparent.
Sprinkle with sugar... - 47.1748
Veal Or Beef Stew With Aubergine
Soak the aubergine cubes in a bowl of heavily salted water for 30 minutes.
Drain and rinse them, then dry well.
In a heavy-bottomed pot, big enough to hold everything, heat 3-4 tablespoons olive oil and saute the aubergine cubes until brown.
Remove the... - 43.943
Greek Beefless Stew
Melt the butter in a frying pan, brown the burger chunks for about 5 minutes, then place them in a deep stew pot or saucepan.
Arrange the onions on top.
Add the tomato paste to the remaining hot fat in the frying pan and stir well.
Gradually add the vegetable... - 35.7584
You May Also Like!
Minted Lamb And Vegetables
1. In a alrge pan, boil the stock, add broccoli and bring it to a boil again
2. Add spring onion, sugar snaps and peas and boil for three more minutes till tender; drain and reserve the stock
3. In a large heavy frying pan, heat olive oil, add potatoes... - 42.0509
Stewed Potatoes With Tomatoes And Feta
1. In a 10-inch deep-sided skillet, heat the oil and saute the onion over moderate heat until soft and golden. Add the garlic, tomato sauce, water, parsley, and salt and pepper.
2. Bring to a boil, add the potatoes, cover tighdy, lower the heat, and cook 30... - 29.0042
Greek Poached Chicken And Lemon Stew
1. In a 4-quart dutch oven, add chicken pieces, stock and water, bring to a boil and skim the top occasionally
2. Add carrots, leeks, garlic, bouquet garni and simmer for about 40 minutes, until chicken and vegetables are thoroughly cooked.
3. Now,... - 46.4232
Greek Lamb Stew
1) In oil in a Dutch oven, lightly saute the lamb until brown, remove and keep aside.
2) Stir in the garlic and onions and saute for 5 minutes or until soft.
3) Then stir in the lamb cubes, tomatoes, tomato sauce water, salt, marjoram and pepper. Then... - 39.4027
Macaroni With Greek Style Stew
Brown meat in oil in 4-quart saucepan or dutch oven; drain off drippings.
Add onions; saute about 5 minutes.
Stir in tomato sauce, water, salt, marjoram and pepper.
Simmer, covered, 45 minutes.
Add eggplant, green pepper and okra or green beans.
Simmer,... - 42.1303
Greek Lamb Stew Avgolemono
1) In a Dutch Oven, heat oil. Brown the lamb, a few at a time.
Transfer the browned meat to a bowl.
2) To the same vessel, add in onions. Saute for 5 minutes or until they turn golden. Add the meat back in along with 1/2 cup of wine. Let the mixture... - 43.189
Greek Lamb Stew, Avgolemono
1) In a heavy kettle or Dutch oven, brown batches of the lamb pieces in oil, remove and keep aside.
2) In the same kettle, saute the onion for 5 minutes, until golden.
3) Return the lamb pieces to the kettle, stir in 1/2 cup wine and simmer covered... - 44.7585
Greek Style Zucchini
Here's a basic recipe and technique for the fantastic, flavorful vegetables you might get in a typical Greek restaurant that's actually in Greece. Can be adapted to virtually any vegetable. Here we used Zucchini. - 123.885
Chicken Livers Greek Style
1. Prepare a mixture of 3 tablespoons of the flour and salt. Dip eggplants slices into the mixture.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil and 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine and sauté the eggplant for 3 minutes on both sides.
3. Take a serving dish... - 44.4011
Greek Style Canneluni And Vegetables
Bring the water to a boil in a large covered pot.
While the water heats, saute the garlic and onions in 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
While the garlic and onions saute, dice the carrots and chop the pepper.
Add them to the... - 42.9417